Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 544529 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #2085 on: March 01, 2024, 10:14:47 PM »

Some funnies of my favorite breed before I head outside to work a little!

Cute!!  ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #2086 on: March 01, 2024, 11:06:02 PM »

Lani - You mention that Shannon had a popcorn popper toy, and so did my children!    I have a pyrex baking set (2 ea.), and even though one has a slight chip in the lid, I still keep it!!  I received as a wedding gift too, so I will always hold onto it!

Clynn - I bet you had a great time with having the Munchkins over this morning!!! ;D   So nice that Sam didn't hiss at Sophie - he sounds like he is more mild! ;D    Wow! That picture out at Eagle Creek Trailhead, OR! :o

T40 - Interesting list!  I can identify with lots!

Tsk - I too enjoyed going down the list 'memory lane'! :)

Puff - Those parks all look like so much fun!!!

Kb - Like the colorful woodpecker!    I don't think I would throw another snowball at that GS! ;)

Karen - Although you mention that you didn't have FP toys growing up, sounds like you had others!! ;D

Tig - Hope all went well with your visit with the new doctor  :)   Just read about your visit and it sounds like you had a great appt and that all looks good!!

LisaG - I bet Sydney will take after Bradley and walk early! :)

Phyl - I've never had seafood pizza, but sounds like a yummy dinner for you & Jim! :)

Puff - No 'rattle' at all - I loved reading all that you talked about - thank you!!

Karen - Your dinner sounds yummy too!  I bet Piper got a lil bite! ;)

Hi Og, Baz, Bl, Lori  :)

Beakers have a good night.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2087 on: March 01, 2024, 11:24:58 PM »

Tig, I hope your appt with your new doctor went well... Congrats to Caitlin.

Phyl, thanks for RRP blog.... Your pizza recipe sounds delicious, though I love seafood, not on my pizza.

Lisa, I'm old fashion about my pizza, not even pineapple is allowed.  :-X

{{{Puff}}} I always enjoy your "rattle."  :-*

Oldguy, Caitlin is making $800K! WOW! She won't make very much in the WNBA. Didn't realize they had such a low cap on salaries.  :( ... Mike said Caitlin broke KU's Lynette Woodard record for most career points.

karen, I love Alfredo sauce with seafood... your dinner sounds delicious too!

I've got to be in Mesa for a meeting at 9am tomorrow. It'll be a long day in the valley. I won't be able to check in until tomorrow night.
Have a wonderful Caturday Beakers!  ;D

Good night!

Sweet ole bear  :-*

Praying for Peace

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Lisa's mom, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Clynn, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #2088 on: March 02, 2024, 02:53:44 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

Won’t You Be My Neighbor?
 March 1, 2024  RaptorResource

https://www.raptorresource.org/2024/03/01/wont-you-be-my-neighbor/

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #2089 on: March 02, 2024, 06:30:08 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Good day with the Munchkins, although that Bella wore me out! We went to Walmart, they like the toy selection there! Bella was busy all the time, playing with the kittens, painting, Play--Doh, a couple of games and she was my waitress for a while!

Phyl, thanks for Amy's Blog, always interesting!

Lani, hope you have a good day with your meeting in the Valley! I am also old fashioned with my pizza! And my tacos!  ;D  Sweet ole bear...

E4E, yes, Sam is way calmer than Sophie!  I compare them to Talon and Bella... ::) ::)  I have a lot of old Pyrex that I can sell on eBay, Ed finds a lot of it at the thrift stores.  I suppose someone passes on and the kids don't know what to do with all the household goods so they donate them. I have sold a set of the nested colored Pyrex bowls for $100!

oldguy, thanks for the info on Caitlyn, I thought I had read somewhere that her degree was in Marketing? I also read that they gave the whole team an extra year of eligibility because of Covid, which makes sense when you have a winning team.

tsk, we had fish and chips from Off the Hook (the truck that travels around the Midwest) last night, even Kelsey wanted it, on Pizza Night! So we will have pizza tonight! I was surprised!

Lisa, it has been windy  here, but I think the cam makes it sound much worse! Wish they could figure out a way to filter the wind out!

Pareidolia Rock, Harris Beach State Park, Oregon

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

« Reply #2090 on: March 02, 2024, 06:35:36 AM »

Good Morning Everyone.... Happy Caturday!

Currently   48F but feels like 50F with a    High  63F  mostly cloudy with a  Low 27F 

OldGuy I just had the chance to catch up about Caitlin. Wishing her success in what ever she decides .  Good luck at cards tonight.

Karen when I made the seafood pizza for Lent last night I tossed the wrapper-  I'll have to---next time in Publix make a note.
If it helps it's found in the pizza crust display---in our Concord Rd. on Nolensville Pk location it's right there at the double doors that go to
the back of the store. There are 3 ultra thin crusts that actually are for using on grills. The wrapper will refer to that.

CLynn looks like you and Talon/Bella had a fun day yesterday. 'Birdy' looking  rock formation in Oregon.

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   Laken Riley/family; Twin Cities suburb- Minneapolis  ;  Lakewood Church community, Texas;  All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

Nature 365:
https://www.nature365.tv/
« Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 06:51:34 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #2091 on: March 02, 2024, 06:42:39 AM »

Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2092 on: March 02, 2024, 07:10:58 AM »

GOOD CATURDAY MORNING EVERYONE

PHYL   To be seen what happens to Matthew and his new position.  Nothing's written in stone!  Interesting blog from Amy - " nest neighbors".   How cute was that kitty and the eggs.  ;D ;D ;D

OLDGUY   Thanks for info on Caitlyn.  I have not been following women's basketball but will try and catch the next game Sunday I believe.

LANI   I'm not a seafood on pizza either  LOL   What a beautiful good night dog.  Have a good day.  Busy one for me as well.

CLYNN   Great use of a tree stump.  ;D    The last pic of Bella - Can't tell if she looks more like Erin or Sidney - Maybe a good mix of them both  ;D   Great photo of Pareidolia rock bird  ;D ;D
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #2093 on: March 02, 2024, 07:37:58 AM »

bounce

I'm always just a little "off"... pepperoni for Camper, chicken pineapple pizza for me last night; fish sticks for Camper, bass fillets from last June and some chopped collard greens for me, with tater tots and bacon - tonight.

Thanx for the info from Amy and other great posts

Happy Caturday. Rosie may be arriving as early as Wednesday. I can't wait.

BBL
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #2094 on: March 02, 2024, 07:46:40 AM »

A rare white cardinal, leucistic. 1 in 1800 cardinals.

and look at the markings on this jaguar: oh and muscles!..this is Tank getting a tub bath
https://twitter.com/i/status/1763894354840535515

Tig - I like a pineapple and ham pizza myself but anything else will do as well, except for fish on it.

Tsk - lulu helping with taxes....boy, you two look very organized inside that briefcase....come to my house please!.

Phyl - pretty kitty.

I'm pretty busy today as well!. Can't complain with temps in the 60's this afternoon.

Me thinks I'll have to get my lawn mower fixed by Glen sooner than later...it broke last fall and he was already doing snowblowers. I hope he has adapted to this year's temps.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #2095 on: March 02, 2024, 08:38:57 AM »

bounce

TSK... see my reply in email

LuLu... we hope to get our tax refund soon, to help pay our LTC premiums!

Caturday

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C1SOO_4BR0c/?igsh=dXA2aHFkb3JkY3Nh

My videos from Thursday

https://ul.ink/1AYPP-12R79

https://ul.ink/1AYPP-12R7A

« Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 08:48:46 AM by camperstig »
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

karengramke

« Reply #2096 on: March 02, 2024, 09:25:27 AM »

Happy  Caturday!
E23 Branched this morning, to the veranda!  Wingersized and stepped up at 8:04 , wingersized up there and enjoyed the view!   As this kid stills waits for a parent to feed a lot of the time I hope  a fledge is not real soon!
Interesting comment about Bellas looks!  I was looking at the pictures from her mother’s birthday and also  thought she resemble Erin, although there was no picture of him for comparison.   No matter, she is a cute little girl!
Lisa, I was looking at Sydney and her colorful walker and thought we come into the world with diapers and a walker and go out the same way!   Lolol!  What goes around comes around?
Lani, cuddly dog in your goodnight photo!   I want Bear!   Beautiful coat!   Have a good , busy day in Mesa!
thanks for the pizza info Phyl!
My favorite pizza is cheese and sausage on a thin crust!   That was what I ate when it first appeared in Chicago and the suburbs!  Unos had not yet arrived and the thick crusted deep dish stuff was not heard of!   Pepperoni was not common!   The seafood pizza Phyl described sounds like  seafood Alfredo  on crust instead of pasta.   I cannot fathom ham and pineapple on pizza!   Sounds like Easter dinner to me!

The first Culvers in South Georgia is opening 3 to 4 blocks from me shortly!  The first time I have been around one!
Piper and I may do some work on taxes today!   All of you enjoy the day!  Temps close to 80 today!  A lil hot!

« Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 10:04:07 AM by karengramke »

LisaG1967

« Reply #2097 on: March 02, 2024, 10:24:57 AM »

Good Morning Beakers....It's Caturday!!

tsk - Your dinner plate from Culver's sounds good.  I got the fried shrimp plate from there when in Decorah, and it was really good.  Awww, Lulu.  Tim's briefcase looks very well organized. 

Phyl - Thanks for the recipe!  This sounds like something Jeff would really like. Printing it out now.  Thanks for the RRP blog post.

karen - Your dinner sounded good.  Love Sam's rotisserie chicken. 

E4E - I hope so.

Lani - Oh, I am not a pineapple on the pizza kinda person, either.  Enjoy your meeting.

clynn - I agree with that wind sound on the cams.  What a cool rock. Cute pics of the munchkins!

kb - Wow, beautiful the rare white cardinal!  Nice temps for you today.  We are rain all day. 

karen - LOL, that is too funny! I have never thought about it that way!

Puff

« Reply #2098 on: March 02, 2024, 12:03:56 PM »

Happy  Caturday!
E23 Branched this morning, to the veranda!  Wingersized and stepped up at 8:04 , wingersized up there and enjoyed the view!   As this kid stills waits for a parent to feed a lot of the time I hope  a fledge is not real soon!
Interesting comment about Bellas looks!  I was looking at the pictures from her mother’s birthday and also  thought she resemble Erin, although there was no picture of him for comparison.   No matter, she is a cute little girl!
Lisa, I was looking at Sydney and her colorful walker and thought we come into the world with diapers and a walker and go out the same way!   Lolol!  What goes around comes around?
Lani, cuddly dog in your goodnight photo!   I want Bear!   Beautiful coat!   Have a good , busy day in Mesa!
thanks for the pizza info Phyl!
My favorite pizza is cheese and sausage on a thin crust!   That was what I ate when it first appeared in Chicago and the suburbs!  Unos had not yet arrived and the thick crusted deep dish stuff was not heard of!   Pepperoni was not common!   The seafood pizza Phyl described sounds like  seafood Alfredo  on crust instead of pasta.   I cannot fathom ham and pineapple on pizza!   Sounds like Easter dinner to me!

The first Culvers in South Georgia is opening 3 to 4 blocks from me shortly!  The first time I have been around one!
Piper and I may do some work on taxes today!   All of you enjoy the day!  Temps close to 80 today!  A lil hot!

kareng I was watching E23 yesterday doing a fine job at self-feeding.  No parent was there - don't know how long the food had been there.  Thought to myself  "won't be long before a maiden flight ?"

Hey, another posting about pizza?  That gave me a great idea. . .

I have an extra "Gino's East" pizza maker.  For those not from the Chgo area, Gino's is one of our local pizza go-to restaurants.  It makes the local creation - deep dish pizza.  Tony was the chef, quite an adventure for someone who didn't know what yeast is.  He ended up using powdered dry yeast.  I always use cake yeast when I make bread.  He found out about use of yeast and kneading.  He really did quite well.  It makes a great customized pizza. 

He found out about it when he had his first by-pass surgery and had to regulate his diet.  (No he wasn't that bad of an Italian, he just had some evil family genes.)   The pan makes about a 12" round pizza.  What was great for us for our varied tastes is that he could make my half lots of sausage and cheese and his with onions, green pepper, small bits only of sausage and cheese and whatever he found going thru the fridge.  Customized cooking.  Yeast means it takes an hour of rising, then it rises again a bit more while you add the toppings.  You can control the thickness when you put the dough in the maker by how much you flatten the dough.  Being a novice he thought you had to use a rolling pin; but not really you can just shape and flatten to choice.  He also was put on, me too, to a good tasting pizza sauce in a can.  It comes in two sizes - 10 oz and 15 oz.  The smaller can is sufficient.  The name Pastorelli.

Now the maker/pan:  It's a base with a cover, totally lined with teflon (?) so nothing sticks.  It is total electric, it takes about 1/2 hour 40 minute to bake.  I have made some for myself since ... It makes at least 6 good size wedges.  For me I've had 3 meals, yummy meals, if I say so myself.

When we got ours he had the Gino's name on it.  It's been sold to a couple other manufacturers.  Ton got it for $45.  Now they're maybe $100 if you can find it.  It turned out he liked the pizza and the job preparing so much that he bought one for his mom the chef, and one for each of the kids.  We took in his mom's when she passed away and then one of his kids wasn't using theirs so he took it back.  Adding them up I now have 3.  My DING hit today when I moved the cheeze in the fridge was ......... Anyone going to ATF who would like a pizza maker?  I do believe it would be quite $$$$$$ to ship.   It is heavy.  Hammacher is selling what looks like a similar model.  It's FREE to anyone going to AFT.    ;D  Such a bargain!

Phyl

« Reply #2099 on: March 02, 2024, 12:46:57 PM »

Tsk cute Lulu Caturday snap.

KB  leucitic  cardinal  very unusual

Karen not Seafood Alfredo on crust ...thin layer of real butter and even thinner layer of Alfredo sauce with crab and lobster on top. There has

to be a 'base' to hold the topping on.

I only tried the Red Lobster recipe once  and then with my modifications.
  When I make seafood pizza it's  with butter/Alfrado---not Red Lobster's.
 The combo is usually the traditional Canadian Bacon and pineapple. Which is tasty, first had one at Shakey's in Palm Sprgs when I was Junior High.  Jim's fave pizza is Pizza Supreme, a traditional pepperoni/mushroom w/ mozzarella cheese (my fave) ---But with slices of onion, tomato , black olives, broccoli .Another I've grown to enjoy and a Publix original from decades ago. 

Lisa don't make the Red Lobster version of Seafood Pizza  too much work and blah. IMHO --sweet Gingers for Caturday

Puff have you tried posting your Gino's Pizza ovens on  EBay or Amazon, even Etsy ?  I use a pizza stone in the oven---never directly  on the oven rack.
The type I use is just like this: https://www.amazon.com/Good-Cook-14-75-Pizza-Stone/dp/B000297YAS/ref=asc_df_B000297YAS&mcid=551bb3af30d13e2691b763714203437a?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=79920803409779&hvnetw=o&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583520395347680&psc=1

Thanks for news on E23 branching.

Oh Yeah! Post Script on pizza stone use bread crumbs on top of the stone then add your pizza and bake as per
pizza manufacture's instructions.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 03:19:11 PM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam