Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 542658 times)

BrokenLug

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #2055 on: February 29, 2024, 07:42:08 PM »

Karen the 3 Maltese pups are rocking their PJ's.  8)

U. S. A.

BrokenLug

« Reply #2056 on: February 29, 2024, 07:57:34 PM »

~ digging back in beaker time ~

Time's a'wasting Clynn  tsk There are 63 designated national parks, mostly west of the Mississippi.

That's something I might try to check on how many I've been to; never made a list.  But never felt any were a waste of a sidetrip.  I'm a big proponent of USA travel.  Our country is something we all should see and treasure.

Puff you have reignited Pip and I's National Park's we have hiked in thus far. 

Our criteria for having visited a National Park: 
Entered it and experienced it in some form or fashion.   
I've driven, trained, flown, boated, walked, skied to get to our National Parks etc ..
As far as conveyances go once inside of our NP's .. that gets real crazy. 

Our very dear intrepid friend Todd who has been to 62 USA National Parks in a wheelchair since birth has a big surprise coming up in 2025.
He's going to the National Park of American Samoa.

The only person I've ever para - glided into a National Park with I shit you not. 

You got more to break than I got bro.

Shh ..  he'll have to know 6 months in advance.     

I've hiked in 38 NPs.
Pip's hiked in 42 out of the 63 NPs.

BL, sounds like you and Pip and Kopje had a wonderful birthday weekend!
So how did Pip get to 4 more National Parks than you ?  :o

BL   Sounds like a wonderful restful time for you both.  More folks need that nature experience.
Pretty cool about your and Pip's similarities/birth etc  Thanks for sharing.   

Suspect you both might have us all beat in national parks.

I tend to think of it as great perk of this great country The United States of America our National Parks are.   ;D

If you've ever nature treasured being in just one well than you get it.   8)

The best as Pip and I know of as of 2024 ... 12 to Go

« Last Edit: March 01, 2024, 12:14:26 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #2057 on: February 29, 2024, 10:49:54 PM »

Lani - Like how you gave loving tribute to Misty for being a first time mom with her little sweet kittens in the beautiful picture!    I really love the elephants!!!

Baz - My mom is a sweet lady, but when she wants something, she really speaks up! ;)    Carolina blue!! ;D   Lol! Your nails!!

Phyl - Like the fun facts about Leap year!    You are correct in what you mentioned to Puff & Kb; that everyone's grief is personal & different (with their spouse passing).  I know this from my sister who's husband passed in 2015 at age 50.

Puff - Temps are up and down for sure!!

Clynn - You are so nice to forward Sydney her birthday wishes from the Beak!!   Fun to look forward to her birthday dinner on Sunday.  I love how your family celebrates your birthdays with lots of love!! ;D   Love all the beautiful pics you posted of Sydney and the Munchkins!    It sounds like Sam wanted to be with Sophie when she got home - especially you said they both went to sleep.  I think he comforted her.

Kb - Pretty Sandhill crane!  Happy you are enjoying your music!

Karen - No problem on the name/birthday mix up - easy to do - no biggie!  :)   Wow, your area is having a nice warm temp!    Cute Maltese pups!! :)

Lisag - Love the cute picture of lil Sydney holding onto the little walking toy! Too cute!!! ;D

Tig - Sounds like a great time!! Enjoy!! ;D   Fun event for all the model A's!!    Thank you for expressing what I believe, that no one should ever tell someone that they should 'be over it'.

Puff - Hope it goes well with the unplugging of your birdbath!

Tsk, BL, Lori, Og  :)

Beakers have a good nite.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2058 on: February 29, 2024, 11:56:00 PM »

Tsk, good question about Female Albies. I'll look for the answer.

Lisa, Sydney looks older than 7 months.  :-*

{{{Kb}}} sending you hugs  :-*

{{{Puff}}} Lots of hugs coming your way.  :-* good luck with your PC too... I don't know about unplugging the heated bird bath. It's like washing windows or your car then it rains.  Talons crossed all goes well.  :-*

Phyl, Shannon had a lot of Fisher Price toys and the corn popper was one of them.... beautiful good night pic....

{{{Tig and Camper}}}

SED Karen, the puppies are adorable in their pjs!  :-*

SED Eagles  :-*

BL, more adventures ahead.  ;D

Good night!

Praying for Peace

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Lisa's mom, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Clynn, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

T40cfr403

« Reply #2059 on: March 01, 2024, 02:37:04 AM »

40 Things That Everyone Had In The ’70s That No One Sees Today - https://za.investing.com/magazine/40-things-that-every-house-had-in-the-70s-that-no-one-sees-today/?
Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #2060 on: March 01, 2024, 06:44:08 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

The Munchkins will be here this morning! Erin has an important meeting he has to attend at work (he normally works from home on Fridays), the kids have no school today and Sydney's school is not off today! His meeting is from 8:00 to 12:00 so we will have a few hours. Bella will be all about the kittens!

T40, I remember most all of those things from the 70s!

Lani, and they still make the Corn Popper! I got one for Bella when she started walking!  I watched the Renovation Aloha show yesterday, it was good! Worth watching!

E4E, good for your Mom! No need to be silent...  Yes, Sam wants to be with Sophie, he seems to know not to wrestle too hard with her right now!  He never hissed at her once when she came home from the vets, like she did to him for a few hours!

karen, the puppies are so cute in their jammies!

Lisa, I love the picture of Sydney, love her dark hair and eyes and she has the sweetest smile! I bet she will be an early walker!

Eagle Creek Trailhead, Oregon

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #2061 on: March 01, 2024, 06:52:30 AM »

Good Morning Everyone.... ! 

Currently  33F cloudy    High  60F  mostly sunny,  Low 27F 

https://www.nature365.tv/

« Last Edit: March 01, 2024, 07:16:45 AM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #2062 on: March 01, 2024, 06:57:03 AM »

March is Woman's History month

{{{Tig}}} I'm sorry for your losses. Camper  ;)

karen Maltase puppies are cute

Eagles like your 'Leap  Year' sign

T40  can say of all those 70's items---never had a  "Pet Rock', egg chair, hot dogger, slacker...

CLynn have loads of fun with the Munchkins today.

Prayers for: Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. Laken Riley; Twin Cities suburb- Minneapolis  ;  Lakewood Church community, Texas;  All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2024, 07:10:29 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #2063 on: March 01, 2024, 06:57:48 AM »

Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2064 on: March 01, 2024, 07:17:55 AM »

HI EVERYONE

PHYL   Haunting flyway last night  ;)

TIG    Rough time losing parents.. :(    Camper is your angel.. ;) ;)

KAREN    LOLOL  Those Maltese are so cute.  Jammies no less.

BL   What a friend in Todd. :o  An amazing guy.   And now we find out you have para glided!  What a wonderful surprise American Samoa will be.  Are you going with ?  It doesn't surprise me that you and Pip have had some amazing National Park adventures.  You should be able to knock off the remaining parks in  a heartbeat.  ;) ;)

T40   I think that list will generate a lot of conversation.  Yes I must say my orange apt with my macrame hangings - made by me, and my fondue set made for a nice party atmosphere.  Still have my ever faithful crockpot, tray tables - repurposed - almost that exact alarm clock and my updated Hoover  LOLOL  Great trip down menory lane.

CLYNN    LOL  Did you warn S& S about the visitors  LOL      Think I would belt my self to the Eagle Cree Trail.  Enjoy the morning!

LANI   I too watched Renovation Aloha - WOW

PHYL   Interesting women's history month.
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #2065 on: March 01, 2024, 07:19:32 AM »

OK  OK   OK  I'll leave the heater bird water plugged in a bit longer.  But it won't be long - 50's today, 60's tomorrow.  I'll sweep up the driveway tomorrow though; wind that blew through on Wednesday broke off a few small branches.  Water guage and oriole feeder to follow shortly after that.  And Lani you remind me that I have to have windows cleaned outside especially the bay kitchen window by the bird feeders.

Lots of memories stirred up with those oldie-but-goodies. I have to admit some I still have and use and will keep:  8-tracks (sell to collectors who still have machine), wood paneling - white - in downstairs rec, crock pot for chili making, portable Smith-Corona electric (former typing teacher still uses it once in a while for special adaptations), knit (not crochet) afghans (some I made, first one I ever made 1960's between classes in college and very special crocheted one from first husband's grandmother made for me! when her grandson stole the one she made for us, still have and use daily both corelle kitchen set and corelleware cookware for my 1980's Amana glasstop stove,  etc etc etc.

Can I kinda stretch the rules and mention a great trip just started - OK I will.
All the talk about National Parks done recently just coincided with a new goodie being offered by Trafalgar.  One of two of the best tour companies.  Even if you (or I) have covered some before there's always a new viewpoint or a special remembrance, a special memory.  Most of you have my contact or can message me?  It's also an easy and thorough way to cover that someday list. . .

https://www.trafalgar.com/en-us/tours/scenic-parks-explorer?utm_medium=Email&utm_source=ExactTarget&utm_campaign=bigtoursale&utm_content=tt-usa-global-pros-em13-bigtoursale-2024-02&sfname=2024-02-tt-usa-bigtoursale-em13-pros&sfmc_sub=368755693

Added it to my bucket list - and I grew up there!!!!  Someone recently said mine is more of a barrel than a bucket... ;D

P

« Last Edit: March 01, 2024, 07:40:15 AM by Puff »

kbshcb

« Reply #2066 on: March 01, 2024, 07:49:51 AM »

Happy March 1st!....one more month to go of winter out of minimum of 5 months..

https://twitter.com/i/status/1629995519043829760

Roppity Photography brought the MIC this time....kinda fun watching this woodpecker removing bark up close.

karengramke

« Reply #2067 on: March 01, 2024, 08:05:55 AM »

Not sure if March is coming in like a lion or what!  Currently 51 degrees going to 70 with some rain expected around 6 pm!
Thought a few z70s things were earlier than the 70s, like the wall phones.  Thanks for the list!

Never had fp toys!  Too old!  Had a nice set of  Lincoln  logs,  doll house, Etc!   Happy memories.
Clynn, enjoy the kids today!   Nice surprise.  Sydney is having a long celebration time!   Good for her!
Phyl,  remember that about Hedy Lamar!   Beauty and Brains!   Thanks for all your posts!
Tsk, bet your Fondue parties were fun!   Loved them but disposed of all the stuff!   Recycled two crock pots and wish I had  kept  last one!   Never really used them!  Tsk, I can picture your orange apt!  Lovely cozy place!
Have a great march  first!    Keep all your old, warm, happy , loving , fun memories and discard the bad!

Cannot even think of riding over that road in Eagle Creek. Oregon!  Not even walking on it!   Bl, if you and Pip go, be cautious!

Love all the tulips this Morning!

« Last Edit: March 01, 2024, 09:03:37 AM by karengramke »

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2068 on: March 01, 2024, 10:33:37 AM »

PUFF   Great trip for someone new to the Nat'l Pks.  I personally loved Bryce Canyon.

KB  Cool video.  Always know it's a pileated - holes are rectangular  ;) ;)  The red headed in the photo is so beautiful.

KAREN  The only thing orange in my life now is orange flavored enhanced water and oranges  LOLOL  I had an orange sofa and hooked a circular sunburst wool rug I still have to this day in the basement where I exercise  LOLOL   I had a black bean bag chair in the apt as well.   The one rough thing about a crockpot is that they are heavy.  If I was alone I would get a smaller one.
Chicagoland

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2069 on: March 01, 2024, 10:36:00 AM »

Hello March!

TGIF Beakers! March is coming in like a lamb here!  8)
Morning Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Clynn, Enjoy your time with Bella and Talon!  ;D ... Eagle Creek Trailhead looks like an interesting trail to do...

T40, Enjoyed going back in time... I still have my Pyrex wedding set, I gave Aly my Pyrex bowls... Fondue pot, Crockpot, almost same clock.. I also have tucked in an old trunk for the girls, "Simon Says" "Fisher Price toys" "Sesame Street albums" "Grover" "Cabbage Patch dolls" a few of my old 45s. Mike has a Kansas childhood friend that keeps his baseball card collection in a vault.

Phyl, very interesting about Hedy Lamar.

Puff, what a great 15 day tour. Though, I'd love to take it slow. I've been to 8 of those listed on the tour.

Tsk, I'll have to watch Renovation Aloha!

Kb, interesting video.

Hi Karen  :)

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander