Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 547912 times)

karengramke

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #11085 on: November 11, 2023, 06:24:20 PM »

Good evening Beakers!  I tried to post the following this afternoon following the pictures of the military cats and lost the post!  Will try again.  While serving in RVN, doing morning ward rounds,I met a young man who was on a Stryker frame, face down. I talked to him and got no response!  The nurse said he would not talk to anyone and they did not know why.  Shortly after, I left the ward and saw two young service men walking toward the road with a very small little animal following them!  It looked like a kitten but walked like a dog! I called them and asked what it was and they incorrectly identified it as a baby Ocelot!  I got them to bring it to the ward and put this little kitten under the patient’s face and he immediately began to pet it and play with it!
The young men soon had to leave and took this kitty with them. Following this brief interaction the patient began to talk.  He knew he was a paraplegic and unlike most young men, he knew he would not recover the use of his legs!  His father had suffered a similar war injury and this young man grew up with a clear picture of what his life would be like. I shared his story with his nurse and surgeon!  The power of animals to reach into a persons soul is amazing!   I say this little animal that adopted these young men is not an Ocelot as they do not live in se asia!  What ever, it sure was cute!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2023, 06:56:44 PM by karengramke »

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #11086 on: November 11, 2023, 06:40:53 PM »

KAREN  Great story.   ;) ;)
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #11087 on: November 11, 2023, 06:42:51 PM »

Took off early this AM to get to laundromat at opening---had a boat load to wash up.
 Washing machine...
Wednesday unknown to me at the time--for some reason, now washer  doesn't know when to shut the water off  during cycles.   The little chime it's suppose to make when the load is finished didn't go off. ..because it didn't cycle properly . So. ..bad knees and all, I   plodded back upstairs to check--- what a surprise I got !   It flooded my laundry room in almost  2"  of water that wicked  about 2' into the hall carpet. Springing into action... kicked my shoes off and darted in , stretched myself beyond Nature's capability across the machine that was rolling  water down it's front.  And manually shut the water lines off.  Stood there for a millisecond  saying a plethora of curses.  Put the machine into 'Spin' only cycle to drain the drum...Went back down stairs to fetch the Wet/Dry vac and upright Bissell carpet cleaner  bagged the wet/dry vac and with them both in tow plodded back up stairs... made quick work of the clean up. 
Now wasn't that fun?
So with Black Friday sales will be researching a replacement I never planned.

CLynn  Three terms in Nam! Beyond the call I say. It's late, to him 'Thank YOu for your service"  Many thanks for the Veterans' Day Collage.  I should send you a photo of  Dan in Viet Nam---if I ever get around to it. Thanks for all the Veterans Day Caturday;    So sorry about your 'Ex's' passing from Agent Orange.  A lot of  Viet Nam vets are dealing with Agent Orange...this is what took my brother Dan's bones in his legs, ankles and some of his feet...the VA and Uncle Sam removed the bones and gave him  Titanium.  Now the concern is that the cancer might move to his ribcage and then lungs   :(     ; Those cozy burgers... 
Far too funny vacuum cleaner kitties peering over  sofa top

Tsk oh how funny  you sneaking a mini blizzard out of your freezer ;  great V-Day this  AM. I wear a Swarovski flag pin just like that.

KB lovely blue-eyed Silver tabby cat; Nat' Geo mag did a spread on the Svalbard Global Seed Vault online in 2015--very interesting

{{Tig}} you did give that a good old fashion 'try'.  Glad to read someone helped you.

Lani enjoyed the "Hero  Cats'/wartime photos. But they always make so sad as I wonder whatever became of those kittens and if anyone cared enough to adopt.

CLynn 'Know Nuts November'   ;D; sweet video of puppy and ducklings snoozing; and thanks to Blschue for her dad's service,

Karen  awesome story with  so many conflicting emotions. I do hope the paraplegic solider got the emotional help he needed and was able to recover and be as happy as possible. And  hope the 'kitten' was properly ID'd and well cared for in the proper environment.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2023, 07:13:20 PM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #11088 on: November 11, 2023, 06:49:12 PM »

"Good Evening' and SEDs  to Everyone !      

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/813884963896727202/    

#IstandwithEvan

Puff

« Reply #11089 on: November 11, 2023, 07:10:17 PM »

Phyl  Looks like mine, too; Swarovski crystal.  It's really a nice look.   8)  Always gets noticed and commented on.

P

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #11090 on: November 11, 2023, 09:55:07 PM »

Clynn - Fantastic job on the Veteran's Day collage this morning - very nice and Thank you for putting it together as you have for years now. :-*
           Kittys peeking over the top of the sofa! ;D
           Just read about the scrapbook your Mom is making for your Dad's military service - what a wonderful keepsake that will be!!

Og - Thanks so much for the history and info of DQ!  When I was a teenager, my girlfriends & I used to frequent a local DQ - it was a busy, popular place!

Lani - So nice you all had a great evening with Shannon. :)  Happy Mike has a new stash of Cozy burgers. ;D
         Like your Veterans Day post and love the Soldiers and their Cats - precious pictures.     I do enjoy checking in on my neighbor's pets and feeding them - they are all so sweet!

Phyl - Beautiful remembrance for your family of Veterans.    Oh no, your washing machine :o ::)  Hope you are able to find a new one on sale!

Tsk - I have done some of my shopping on line, but it is still fun to go over to some of the stores and browse around.  Sometimes there are 'in store' specials.    I understand now about some places of businesses closing during the winter season - it makes sense.
       Hope both you & Tim got some rest after tackling the leaves!

Tig - Wish all would have went better for you at the concert.  Thank goodness you guys started heading out when you did.  Hope you've gotten some rest today! :)     SKOL!!

Kb - Nice that there will be a warm up coming for you & Ollie to enjoy your walk. :)

Karen - Wow, what an amazing story - thank you for sharing.

LisaG  :)

Hi Baz & Puff!

Beakers have a good night.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #11091 on: November 11, 2023, 11:05:52 PM »

Awwwwww, ..... https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzT7NGTrOeB/

Turn on the sound, they're snoring...

oh they're adorable  :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #11092 on: November 11, 2023, 11:52:29 PM »

Phyl, Beautiful remembrance of your family, thank you for sharing... Thanks for nature vid... prayers for LB... "nope" ??? ... sorry about the washer.

Clynn, Thank you for creating and posting the Beak Family Veteran Collage. It seems to grow every year.  :-* Love the Cozy stories, Mike had shared them with me too.... Miss Bella and her tattoo..  ;D... awww sweet kittens. Cats/Sadie run when I start the vacuum. sending hugs to your mom for service. Her albums will be special for you girls and share memories..... awww sweet Ukraine kitties.. I remember seeing that post "Know Nuts November" somewhere in the past week. Thanks for posting it. I'm going to save it.... I was working out the back near the stream and three yellow jackets bothered me. I'm not sure where their nest is located. I've copied and saved.... sweet cartoon.

Tsk, I've never sat in DQ. We've always picked our treats at the drive up window. Oldguy has helped to make sense why some DQs are open year round. I loved the cat standing for inspection too.  ;D

{{{Tig and Camper}}} I'd love to see Stevie Nicks again. I'm sorry it didn't work out... Sleep well tonight.  :)

Kb, interesting about the vault. I read the thread some call it the "Doomsday" vault.

T40, very well trained cats with the dominoes... Fantastic and Incredible video of the Beatles. Be still my heart... awesome job by Peter Jackson and team!

SED Lisa   :-*

Karen, wonderful story. thank you for all you did too.  :-*

Eagles very handsome son .... you're sweet to help your neighbors. I bet the pets love you too!  :-*

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Phyl and Jim, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Karen and Piper, Paulie, Eagle's mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Lori and her grandma Clute, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Tig's Zeus, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #11093 on: November 12, 2023, 06:07:02 AM »

Good Morning Everyone !   

Currently 41F  with  high 70F sunny,  Low 37 F

T-40 enjoyed all the Caturday, esp Cats & Dominos, the Beatles 'Now and Then'

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; My  Alter prayer list
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #11094 on: November 12, 2023, 06:10:27 AM »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #11095 on: November 12, 2023, 06:27:19 AM »

I checked the Mississippi River Flyway ...

Nov 12, 2023 6:25 AM
Camera Time: Nov 12, 2023 6:24 AM CST
Birchwoman

Nov 12, 2023 6:29 AM
Camera Time: Nov 12, 2023 6:28 AM CST
Birchwoman

« Last Edit: November 12, 2023, 06:30:28 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

LisaG1967

« Reply #11096 on: November 12, 2023, 06:49:01 AM »

Good Morning Beakers.....Happy Sunday!

tsk - Oh my a scraper on the feet...I would have been jumping like a cat. We need to tackle our leaves too.  There is just too many, and all has not fallen.

karen - That is a great story, thanks for sharing!

E4E - I think you said your Mom & sis are coming over today...enjoy your day.

Lani - How was the Chinese and Cozy burgers?

Phyl - Oh no, sorry about your washer!  Hope you can get a good deal with the Black Friday sales coming up.  I think I read somewhere that Flyway goes to highlights every evening and comes back on every morning to save power, since it powered by solar. 

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #11097 on: November 12, 2023, 07:11:08 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lisa, I love mums in the fall, I wish I could keep them alive all year. I have tried but no luck. Beautiful tree, is that your back yard? Here are a couple pics of our back yard:

Phyl, the Alps in France are beautiful! So is the quiet Flyway... I would love to have a few minutes on that swing! The leaves are so pretty!  42 here now, high 66 for today. I also worry about all the pets when there is war...that is why it needs to stop. Sorry to hear about your washing machine flooding, I know how messy that is! Hope you can find a good sale!

Lani, what a sweet picture of the soldier and the cat sleeping... Is Mike enjoying his Cozy's?  And how is Shannon doing? I remember when I was going to college, the town had a Dairy Queen Brazier that served burgers. Now they call them Grill & Chill. I think it may have had seating, but we always ordered to go. I worked at the Dairy Del in Albion when in HS and right after. It was like a DQ, it had counter seating in the back. Early 70's.

karen, beautiful story of the wounded soldier in Viet Nam... I can tell that you truly cared about the wounded that you served, so thank you for your service too!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #11098 on: November 12, 2023, 07:24:58 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LANI'S MIKE

Chicagoland

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #11099 on: November 12, 2023, 07:44:50 AM »

GOOD SUNDAY MORNING TO YOU ALL

PHYL   Oh how awful.  How old was your washing machine?  You certainly had the presence of mind to turn the water main off.   (((PHYL)))   That sleeping kitty last night was so cute.  Definitely a REM sleep  LOL   Tamaracks shedding  - not a real fir tree I guess.   Eerie flyway  :o

LISA   Is that your backyard tree?

CLYNN   Lots of leaves in your backyard as well.   When you worked at the Dairy Del did you get free ice cream?  LOL
I played with paper dolls.  Loved them.  Wish I had a play list of all those 60 yr old songs  LOL

LANI    Awww  The veteran and kitty taking a rest.
Chicagoland