Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 547331 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #10665 on: October 30, 2023, 07:22:38 AM »

GOOD MORNING

33 degrees  heading to 41

CLYNN   Always a price to pay with a breeder.  :o   The rescue where we got Lulu charged $100 which included everything - spay and chip.  Several other rescues we checked out charged $ 200 to $250.  It is exciting.  Maybe you can pick out the ones you want altho might know a bit more as they grow.  I would have chosen a Siamese had we seen any.  Nice temperaments?    Love that book art on the side of the bldg.   Wish they would do more of that in areas of the city that don't look very welcoming.

PHYL   Cannot imagine growing up with goldens in my backyard - a blessing!   Funny squirrel with the pumpkin head  LOL...Candy corn has never been in my candy dish  :o    The Alps are so beautiful 365

KAREN  Rough seasons for the Pack and Da Bears...
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #10666 on: October 30, 2023, 07:32:46 AM »

CLynn Your coleus --just thought since these outdoor beauties   were  potted any way -- might fare better indoors.  Awesome Autumn foliage in Vermont -maybe the pettiest in the country-
 Very impressive  painting on side on that brick building in -Netherlands -so realistic .     

Tsk candy corn  and all that sugar , yikes.  Not in my candy dish either. But, it looks festive though.  Pretty Autumn greeting
« Last Edit: October 30, 2023, 07:34:42 AM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Puff

« Reply #10667 on: October 30, 2023, 07:40:04 AM »

We are down to 29 degrees tsk.  How'd you manage to be warmer than I am.  Isn't the rule warmer to the south,colder to the north.   :-\

Good day to you and all the beakers.  I have lots of errands today.  Later. . .

P

LisaG1967

« Reply #10668 on: October 30, 2023, 09:01:28 AM »

Morning Puff, kb, karen, tig and all  :)

Phyl - Oops, thought the day before Halloween was Hallow's Eve, ya know kinda like Christmas Eve .  ::)  Thanks for the correction.  My favorite kind of candy corn in your pic, the Autumn Mix.  I think I will skip the "text your Ex day"  ;D

clynn - I agree, boys clothes are not as cute as girls clothes, not unless you want to dress them up preppy looking.  Bradley was never the preppy kinda dresser.  Love the book art. When, I introduced Bandit to Misty, I put him in his carried and let them smell each other and hiss a bit, and then when he stopped I let him out, but watched carefully he didn't attack her.  Are you getting two girl kittens, or a boy & girl? 

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #10669 on: October 30, 2023, 09:25:17 AM »

Now 31 degrees   Pulled all the ageratum and dusty miller and a few snap dragons around my bird bath and begonias in my front porch planter - all still looking good!!  Dusty miller is the single heartiest annual I know.   Still have a fern hanging in the front  LOL

PUFF  As you can see, the temp has gone down some since I first reported.  Boy is it cold but that's OK...Like the change.
Chicagoland

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #10670 on: October 30, 2023, 09:44:44 AM »

current 43 - high 82

Puff - Good for all the 'maintenance' you are doing around your premises! :)

Lani - Cute costume on the pup!  Hope you & Mike enjoyed a nice weekend. :)

Kb - Ollie so cute when waiting for a bite of salmon  :) 

Bazi- Yummy goodies - love the fruit!   Lol Hen waving ;D   Llamas!

LisaG - Love the pic of Sydney & her Pop - Sydney so happy & comfy!  Happy that everyone had a wonderful day and that Bradley & Kelly loved Sydney's Halloween bag!! ;D

Karen - Tasty healthy dinner you had and football too  :)  Cute name suggestions  :)

Phyl - Glad Jim liked all his birthday wishes!   I bet your front porch area looks very nice  :)   Like your morning gif.  Your high temp today will be similar to our area.    Beautiful 365 - gorgeous Buck too!    Lovely remembrance for your Dad {{{Phyl}}}

Clynn - So happy for the trip this week to go see the kittens - exciting!!!!   Sweet pic of Emma, Max, & Beanie  :)

Tsk - Cute gif this morning!  Bet your yard looks beautiful  :)

Tig, BL, Og, Lori :)

Beakers have a nice day  :)

karengramke

« Reply #10671 on: October 30, 2023, 09:49:23 AM »

Good Morning!  61 now and a foggy day in V town.   Going to 84.  Got up to 86 yesterday!  After a two day down into the 60s we wilk settle into highs in the 70s.  Pleasant!

i love the text tge ex day!  Lolol!  I read all the L.Braun books and have all of them, including the cookbook!  Found them very relaxing and fun for a days read! I was sorry when she passed.  Keep meaning to pack these up and take them to Goodwill.  Someone else can enjoy them!

Clynn, the right names will come to you when you see the kitties.   Two dogs on the rescue site are Laverne and Shirley!  Brown poodle puppies!  There is always Fluffy and Fuzzy Butt!

Glad the day went well with Kelly, Bradley, Pop, Nana and sweet Sydney!  Comfy outfit!

Off to the shower!  Stay warm all!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2023, 11:06:00 AM by karengramke »

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #10672 on: October 30, 2023, 10:09:19 AM »

Brrounce
The pool was cool this a.m.
Love candy corn. I have a bag waiting in the kitchen.
We ate healthy last night at a Cuban, Dominican restaurant. I had red snapper topped with coconut crema with baked cherry tomatoes. Yum.
Going for my squeeze appointment this morning.
TTFN
SKOL.   ((( Kirk )))
« Last Edit: October 30, 2023, 08:18:03 PM by camperstig »
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LisaG1967

« Reply #10673 on: October 30, 2023, 10:50:45 AM »

tig - Hope all goes well with the big squeeze.

karen:D

E4E - Thank you  :-*

tsk - I forgot to get a fern this year.  :'(

BrokenLug

« Reply #10674 on: October 30, 2023, 11:06:38 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Fall Foliage Road Trip in Vermont, USA                             
Book art on the side of an apartment building! Tilburg, Netherlands

clynndunn that fall picture is of Lake Willoughby in Westmore, VT.
It almost always rages color along the cliffs and that stretch of 5A.   8)

https://maps.app.goo.gl/m7oXTSTM29TLtEC56

U. S. A.

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #10675 on: October 30, 2023, 12:02:03 PM »

BL, I think the Sister's Trip next fall will be to New England! We want to see some of that spectacular color!!

E4E, I would love to be at your place now, 82 sounds devine! Or Phyl's, nice there too!

A drone photo of the Tail of the Dragon in Tennessee

Unique Street Art By David Zinn

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #10676 on: October 30, 2023, 12:26:53 PM »

Good morning Beakers!
Hi Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

BL, thanks for more info on that stretch of Vermont road, it's stunning.

Tig, Dinner sounds delicious! I hope all goes well with appt.

Karen, I love Lillian Braun too. I have her books on cds/audible and listen to them over and over. I'm sad she had her last book draft destroyed after her passing. I would have loved to know what happened to Jim Q, Koko and Yum Yum, after his favorite gal decided to live in Paris. But, if it had to end it's not a bad place to stop.

Hi Eagles, Oldguy,   :)

Tsk, I agree, art work on old buildings always bring an old downtown to life. I wait to cut back the perennials after the first frost. The zinnas/purple cones/lavender are still blooming and attracting migrating monarchs and small birds.

Clynn, you're so excited about your babies kittens. I bet Kelsey is over the moon! Looking forward to pics of your first nursery visit of the fur babies. It would be hard for me to pick just two. ;D ... it is hard to buy clothes for boys. For my nephew I went for his favorite sports t-shirts.... love your morning pics, especially the book art building!  ;D

Lisa, glad to read Bradley isn't having difficulty with his hand. Sydney's outfit she was wearing yesterday was darling and it was from her Nana. It's perfect. I can see Kelly liking it too.

Phyl, stunning nature video today! Happy heavenly birthday to your dad... I've never liked candy corn, and I've got a sweet tooth too. So, I've never had it in our fall candy dish. I wish I felt the same way about M&Ms, but alas, that's all I have in the dish.  ;D

Puff, it was 38 degrees here this morning. I have a little electric heater going in my office. Sadie's curled up on the armchair next to me and cats cuddling in their basket near my computer. Life is good for them  ;D... Keep warm  :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

BrokenLug

« Reply #10677 on: October 30, 2023, 12:45:19 PM »

BL, I think the Sister's Trip next fall will be to New England! We want to see some of that spectacular color!!

E4E, I would love to be at your place now, 82 sounds devine! Or Phyl's, nice there too!

A drone photo of the Tail of the Dragon in Tennessee

If I recall correctly PinkEagles husband and some of his buddies took their bikes by trailer down to TN to ride "The Dragon".
 8) 8) 8)
U. S. A.

karengramke

« Reply #10678 on: October 30, 2023, 01:19:33 PM »

Where is Pink!  She seems to have disappeared whiki I was i. The Home!   The .east Tn /Western NC mountains are awesome year round!  I was firtunate to live there for a few years and miss it sometimes!

My vet came by today with Halloween treats for me and Piper!   I got Paper White bulbs and she got treats!
She spent the weekend in Saluda, NC and said they were there a few days before peak color.

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #10679 on: October 30, 2023, 02:32:22 PM »

Happy Day, Beakers!  :)

Phyl, glad Jim enjoyed all the birthday wishes from the Beak. I always loved that prayer you posted in memory of your father.  A very close version of it was read at my cousin's graveside memorial service this past August.  Text your exes?? You go right ahead!  ;) ;)   As for me... Not happening!!   :P   My 1st ex has been 6 feet under for 40 years now, and my 2nd ex lives in Texas, where all exes belong, of course!!  ;D 8)

Tell it, George!  ;D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuJroujjYDk

Lisa, what a great pic of Sydney with her Pop yesterday!  :-* :-*  Who looks happier??  ;) :D  What a fun time for her first visit to her Nana's home! Hugs!  :-* :-*

Clynn, I remember very well the sad days when your Emma and Max went to the Rainbow Bridge. Hugs.  :-*  It's going to be so fun to have a pair of new little kitties in the house! Harley may have other thoughts.  ;) :D  But I'm sure he will come around, especially since they are kittens.  :-*  I don't know if you have a preference, or even a choice, and every rule has an exception, but I've always heard that opposite gender kitties tend, in general, to get along better than 2 of the same gender. Of course that isn't always true - but I've heard it as a general guideline. I can't wait to hear, and see, the sweet little ones you bring home!! Kelsey is going to be in love with them, for sure, as will all the family, and the Munchkins, too.  :) :-* :-*  It will be fun picking out the names, and of course, sometimes the names pick themselves out after a day or two or a few of being around them and picking up on their personalities and looks.  :)

E4E, your temp and mine is similar right now. So nice for being outside, too, since it is not real humid here now. Yesterday, my official high was a much warmer than normal 85, a record for the date here, and today it is currently 82, maybe getting a little warmer. The cold front is moving from the Midwest Beakers' locales to the east now, and will get to me starting tomorrow night. Then on Wednesday, my high will only be about 54, and the low will be 36, so they say... much cooler than normal. Then it's supposed to normalize to the low 70s for the highs here, which is normal for me for now.

Karen, you're eating healthily! Loved your dinner yesterday! Oh, so nice of your good friend, vet, to visit you and Piper, with the exchange of Halloween treats, too!  :)

TSK, you have a lot of different kinds of plants in your garden!  :) It must be hard to put it to bed for the Winter. It's hard for me to think of them in a freeze today, since I am in unusually warm 80+ degree temps.

Tig, YUM!  If I had been near your restaurant table last night, I might've looked a bit like Ollie did yesterday when he was meal-side with KB;) ;D

Puff, brrr!  ;D  That's not my grin, that's my teeth chattering!  ;) :D

Lani, it sure sounds cozy in your office! I would like to curl up with Sadie and the cats.  :)

BL, thanks for the VT lake and road ID!  :) What a striking photo of a beautiful place in full Fall color!! Thanks, Clynn!  :)

Oldguy, waving to you!
  :)

I gotta run go get something to eat - I'm famished!  :D  I walked 36 minutes today - about half of that was right along the edge of large, open swamp, with tall grasses in shades of light browns, in calm wind with severe clear blue skies. Another beautiful day and walk.  Ahh...

Waving to All the Beakers, Take care, All!  :D
« Last Edit: October 30, 2023, 02:42:11 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center