Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 548336 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #10155 on: October 14, 2023, 07:19:23 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Phyl - Thanks for the 365.  Rain just started here too, and making it feel a lil cooler. 

Lani - Cool good night pic. 

oldguy - Thanks for the tunes.  Loved them ALL!

BrokenLug - Thanks for the link to Amber Johnson's trek. 

tsk - Your dinners sounded yummy! I have never had Schnitzel. 

Puff - Morning  :)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #10156 on: October 14, 2023, 07:57:24 AM »

GOOD CATURDAY MORNING EVERYONE

Rain rain rain.

BL  I truly can understand your approach to seeing this beautiful world.  Your Grandpa was a super special person. The pictures give us a great idea of how desolate yet how extremely beautiful your hiking was.  :)

OLDGUY  Has yet to stop raining long enough for me to check the gauge from yesterday's rain.   Tower  :o ::)

PHYL   Poem - Glad the mousie made it  ;)  Got a 15 min nap.  Tim over an hour...

LISA   Cute AM kitty  :D  If ever veal is on the menu I will order it!  Sometimes it can be served with an egg and anchovies and capers on the top.  I skip that.  Just squeeze some lemon juice.  If I make it I use capers and lemon. I make it with chicken tho.
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #10157 on: October 14, 2023, 08:14:22 AM »

Hmm, even though I'm a carnivore, don't think I have ever eaten veal...baby calf meat?...really?...nope, won't ever eat that..

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #10158 on: October 14, 2023, 08:22:35 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!  It's CATURDAY!

Lisa, love your good morning kitty!

Puff, you have so many memories of all the places you have been!

BL, same for you...  :) Thanks for Amber's pictures, it is like another world....

Phyl, nice 365, love the mist and the pretty lizzard!  I want to see the 'really sweet shorty of a video' !  (check your link...) That cat sitting in the chair, LOLOL! Sweet poem, glad the little mousie got away!

Lani, LOL, I never had to write about chewing gum, but I remember once when I wrote my initials on the wooden desktop with a pen. Nothing like leaving ironclad evidence.  ::) The teacher made me go get soap and paper towels and wash it off...

kb, that condor is beautiful, it actually felt like he was showing off his beautiful wings! I googled the question, if condors are related to vultures:  Yes, condors and turkey vultures are related. Both birds are members of the family Cathartidae, which contains six species of New World vultures. The two groups are thought to have diverged from a common ancestor around 25 million years ago.

tsk, your dinner sounds delish! We have The Amana colonies about 100 miles east, they have at least 3 German restaurants, we are going to try this one next:  https://millstreambrauhaus.com/   https://www.travelawaits.com/2556152/charming-experiences-in-amana-colonies/

oldguy, wow on that tower collapse! I don't think I could do all that work and then topple it!

The only way to watch T.V.

Sydney Sea Eagle Cam - Pat Burke  · 14 October 2023, Saturday. Looking to the future, together. ♥♥

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

oldguy

« Reply #10159 on: October 14, 2023, 08:39:01 AM »

off to work...

A twin cities rescue center...
It’s True   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6TMuuk0_gQ
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #10160 on: October 14, 2023, 08:54:33 AM »

Happy Caturday!

Kb - Wonderful to see the magnificent Ca Condor!!  Wonder if this was in the Big Sur area?   Thank you for mentioning the Navy's 247th birthday - I remember that Scott served our country in the Navy - I thank him for his Service.

BL - Your travels are amazing - nice GPS device - that Map - wow!

Lori - Thank you for all those pics/graphics for Cancer Awareness. 

Karen - Happy you are feeling so much better/pain free!

Tsk - Fun & delicious outing for lunch!  Nice that Tim got to enjoy some leftovers  :)

OG - Thanks for links - love the music!

Phyl - Thanks for Nature - the colors on that lizard!

LisaG - Cute graphic! 

Have to cut this short - our son wants us to call him! :)

LisaG1967

« Reply #10161 on: October 14, 2023, 09:28:35 AM »

tsk - Thanks on morning kitty, and that sounds delicious!

kb - Morning  :)

clynn - I love ALL your morning kitties, especially the one watching TV!  ;D  The menu looks good at Millstream Brau Haus.  The Sydney kids looks great!

oldguy - Have a good day at work.

E4E - Thanks!   :)

karengramke

« Reply #10162 on: October 14, 2023, 10:13:47 AM »

Good  morning!  The talk of German food takes me back to the rare Saturday afternoons that my mother and I would go downtown and eat lunch at a .german restaurant in The loop!    Y dad was not a fan!  Funny as he was the son of a german butcher!   Back in the day, veal cutlets were quite a staple at the Chicago meat markets and I do not think I have seen them since leaving town!   My mother also cooked a roast that was readily available at the butcher which was half veal and half pork tenderloin, tied together with the pork on top!   Veal was dry and the pork moistened it.  May have been bacon on top.
My mother was born on Friday, July 13th so that has always been special to me!
The rains of the midwest are bringing cooker temps to the south!  Snow possible in the higher elevations of the appalation mountains!   A few days here with temps topping out in the 60s so not too bad!
Enjoy your day and BL . Relax whike reflecting on your recent adventures!

kbshcb

« Reply #10163 on: October 14, 2023, 10:34:25 AM »

In Minnesota: Katie Slanga writes: Bullwinkle found a girlfriend..

I don't know why, but I do love moose...

Dumped just over 2 1/2 inches of rain from my gauge...rained over 24 hours straight.

Walked Ollie by myself, mace in hand, but mostly had to watch for slippery seeds/acorns/leaves in the road.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #10164 on: October 14, 2023, 10:54:09 AM »

CLYNN   I would definitely go to the Mill Stream haus brau - More a lunch menu which I prefer.  German food is soo good  :)   Cat watching TV  ;D

OLDGUY  What an amazing sanctuary - there must be hundreds of cats.  I did Google them .  Can you imagine cleaning litter pans constantly  LOL

KAREN   Berghoffs?  Still there and family run.
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #10165 on: October 14, 2023, 11:00:04 AM »

I don't know how to stop.  Y'all keep triggering my brain and then I have to overspend my allotted time.  First shot was fired by KarenG.  Don't even know if I ever mentioned my German heritige; half of me is German Russian from Mom.

I know you know Ton was Italian, all Italian.  Talking one time it came up that I was going to make a German dinner for the two couples we ate out with about once a month.  Consisted of one Irish BIL and the other three Italian.  His encouragement went some where along the lines "Are You Crazy''  (all caps and ! at the end, in that usual Italian volume).

I really had fun with it!

Menu    Ham hocks and sauerkraut
            Kauduffel and glaze
            Pigtails and mashed taters
            Schnitzel and carrots
            Spice cake

Had to do it all by memory since Mom had passed.  There was a small cookbook I somehow got possession of.  And, yes they ate; only little bits of each were left over.  So There!  It's good stick-to-the-ribs stuff and I am a pretty good cook.  (Pat on the back)

Other side, credited to Dad:  Italian, Irish, Cherokee

P

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #10166 on: October 14, 2023, 11:47:19 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!  It's CATURDAY!

Phyl, nice 365, love the mist and the pretty lizzard!  I want to see the 'really sweet shorty of a video' !  (check your link...) That cat sitting in the chair, LOLOL! Sweet poem, glad the little mousie got away!

I have never seen a link get routed thru 3 different countries before!  :o
 Despite all the flashes...did open.
Anyway...

Be sure to have sound on .
This is so sweet IMHO

https://pin.it/4LIjpQy
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #10167 on: October 14, 2023, 12:31:17 PM »

Phyl, that is such a sweet little video, thank you for figuring it out for us!  It was worth it!

Puff, I have some old recipes from my Grandmother, they're not German but still...Brown Sugar Cookies, large cup of flour, scant tsp of salt and so on... She was a wonderful cook, mostly just good ol' home cooking.

kb, great pic of Moose and his girl!

oldguy, love the Furball Farm Cat Sanctuary, what a wonderful place! I subscribed!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

karengramke

« Reply #10168 on: October 14, 2023, 12:47:40 PM »

Clynn, love the cat ordering the samoch andcharging to my card!   Lolol

Tsk, meant to say the kitties in the pumpkin look like Piper and Lizzie from Lisas House!
I have been to Berghofs but the one my mother and I went to was olde Heidelberg, on Randolph!  It was family run.  They also had the Bismarck Hotel and one of the brothers did the design in the facade. I think it closed and became a steak house!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #10169 on: October 14, 2023, 12:53:06 PM »

Happy Caturday Beakers!
Morning Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

{{{Puff}}} prayers in memory of your brother.... yes, many things were going through my thoughts yesterday, and the pleasant things should not be ignored.  :) ..  what a lovely heritage you have.

Clynn, I had a teacher in elementary school who gave us a choice of writing 100 times "I will not talk in Class" or copy 10 pages from the Webster Dictionary. He chose the pages. I chose copy the dictionary. We were given a week of recesses to complete it. I learned how to spell, now learning how to pronounce the words was something else.... I looked at one of the restaurant menus, Why do people want to put pineapple slices on a good burger? With swiss cheese and teriyaki sauce. Dear God  :-X ... Love the cat spread out infront of the tv. So cute!!! ... perfect pic and caption of the Sea Eaglets by Pat Burke.... oh my god! The mama feeding station! LOL! Great Caturday pics.  ;D

Tsk, I love veal with capers and lemon juice too.  :)  Mike always has Chicken Piccata at his favorite family restaurant in Louisiana. Berghoff's has a great menu!

Oldguy, now you've done it again. I'm hooked on another cat rescue and it's for feral cats too! Loved watching it and I subscribed.... have a good day at work.

Eagles, I hope all is well with your son.  :)

{{{Karen}}} prayers in memory of your mother..... I bet veal/pork with bacon was delicious! I'm getting hungry  ;D... enjoy your day. Hi Piper! Leave the tree frogs in the trees.  ;D

Kb, Bullwinkle has a cute girlfriend.  ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander