Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 547905 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #9360 on: September 22, 2023, 11:44:57 AM »

Bearstudy - RC and Her Cub, a Thunderstorm, and More - UPDATE September 21, 2023

https://www.bearstudy.org/updates/daily-updates/4811-rc-and-her-cub-a-thunderstorm-and-more-update-september-21-2023.html

RC and her cub River (RC was born in 1999 mother is Shadow)

TGIF Beakers!   

Morning Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

{{{Puff}}} Thank you for the delicious Caesar Salad recipe! It's printed and placed into my recipe folder. And will be made asap! Mike doesn't like eggs, so I use the egg yolk in my recipe and he can't tell the difference. Your recipe reminds me of the great Caesar Salad at Spinnakers in Sausalito, CA. It was our favorite restaurant to go to when we would visit Aly in San Fran. They prepared your salad at the table in a wooden bowl. Perfection!  https://www.spinnakersasausalito.us/home  ... Thank you for sharing  :-*

Karen, I hope your sore arm is better tomorrow. Here is the link to the great story about Brook Fall Bears and Fat Bear Week! Thanks for sending it to me!  ;D
Fat Bear Week 2023 hasn’t even started but these burly bears are already winners
https://news.yahoo.com/fat-bear-week-2023-hasn-190046823.html

Eagles, you and Kris will have a busy day with errands... How's the smoke? Safe travels.  :)

Kb, sweet fox... you are one busy gal... It's 4:30 am Saturday in New Zealand and I can finally see the white top of UQ's head. They predict overcast clouds, but I do hope winds pick up for him.

Hi Lisa  ;D

Tsk, After everything each of your family members have been through this year, what a fun way to bring in the fall! Enjoy and Good luck!  ;D ;)

Clynn, YAY TALON!!! Congratulations!  Great pic of the beautiful happy family! Now with just the tilt of Miss Bella's head I can see Erin on that beautiful face.... What a contented look in Keebler's eyes!  ;D

Phyl, I watch via stream a couple of Alaska shows. And I've always been amazed how big their veggies grow! .... last night's sunset pic was beautiful.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #9361 on: September 22, 2023, 11:48:35 AM »

Kb and Beakers!

Royal Albatross ~ UQ Gets A Supplementary Feeding! A Chick Walks Up The Hill ♥ 9.22.23
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up1zRUjOUZs&t=4s

Sep 22, 2023
QU is sitting in his usual spot just below the hill but still in view of the cam. Another chick comes walking up and looks around the area. This is a male chick with a black Darvic band from one of the nests below the hill. It may have been the same chick that came up and was interested in the feeding that UQ got yesterday from the rangers.  He is getting supplementary feedings as well.

Rangers Colin and helper arrive a few minutes after the chick departed back down the hill and they gave UQ his supp feeding. First they gave him hydration (electrolytes) through a syringe and then comes the whole fish - 9 of them I counted. Ranger Colin makes sure each dish is swallowed before they feed the next one. That is a good meal for UQ and he should be feeling quite content now. Watch UQ shake out his wings after the rangers are getting ready to leave!!! Thank you for watching!

Video captured & edited by Lady Hawk

I took this pic of UQ yesterday, it rained most of the day :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #9362 on: September 22, 2023, 12:50:10 PM »

Lani:

Yah!...two feedings in two days.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #9363 on: September 22, 2023, 01:03:22 PM »

some bounce
TSK... have fun!
I applied a first layer of seeding soil today. Resting now over brunch. Still need to mow the back before it rains.
Pics coming soon.
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #9364 on: September 22, 2023, 01:08:04 PM »

HAPPY WINDY AND WET FRIDAY, BEAKERS!  :)

Phyl, if you don't make those corncob cast iron pan brownies now, it just won't be right!!  ;D

Lani, yep, snack selection was good... I've already made a dent in the strawberies and the dark chocolate covered almonds, and last night, I had to have a litte chocolate peanut butter ice cream, you know, just to make sure it was okay.  ;) ;D  Glad Mike is home and all is well. Enjoy the weekend! Thanks for the report on the bears - all of them - and UQ and his visitor chick!  :-* :-* :-*

Clynn, yes, good snacks. LOL! If it's gonna storm, I will lay in snacks!  ;D ;D I'm going to cook the fresh deli-made in store pizza this afternoon... I don't want to take a chance on losing electricity tonight and not being able to cook it.  And I wil have a fresh salad of those yummy baby mixed greens with it. CONGRATS TALON ON THE ORANGE BELT!!  :D I LOVE that family pic at the dojo! LOL - Bella showing off her pretty dress skirt... and ready to give a curtsy!  ;) :D :D  So cute - ALL of them!!  :-* :-*  Keebler just cracks me up every time!! So glad he has that wonderful forever home, and his new, heated bed looks very snugly. He's so cute!  :-* As willi would say... I want one!!  :-*  I miss willi!!  :-* :'( :-*

Lisa, I'm surprised you and Jeff didn't go yesterday to get weekend supplies. Hope y'all can beat the rush today!  :)

Puff, thanks for your great Caesar Salad recipe! I have the perfect kind of wooden bowl for making one, too. I sure do miss eating in places where they would make a for real classic Caesar Salad, tableside, in a big wooden bowl, with raw eggs back then, of course (before everyone worried over salmonella in raw eggs), and smashing in the whole anchovies to make them a paste and mix in that great dressing, before tossing in the fresh Romaine lettuce leaves and croutons. I want one!! Now!!  ;D  :D

Oldguy, I loved the DART asteroid video! Great explanations!! I sure do wonder what force is making those rocks land back on the moon though, after they flew off after the hit.  Can't figure that one out. I really liked hearing about the actual make-up of those two bodies - not solid rock after all! Thanks for posting that! Hope your weekend won't be a total washout.  :)

TSK, have fun at the Mini Golf "Brothers and Spouses" tournament!  I hope you and Tim win!!   :D  I know it's your brothers, but still I was surprised Tom and Barb wouldn't join in - especially since it's a mini course this year. Hope lunch is yummy and fun, too!  :D

Karen, I hope your sore arm is better after today!  :) Hi to Piper!  :-*

E4E, it sounds like you and Hubby are doing a lot of the same things today that I ran around and did yesterday! Have a funb Friday being out and about!  :)

Tig, enjoy your brunch!  :)

Waving to All the Beakers! Have a great Friday!  :D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

kbshcb

« Reply #9365 on: September 22, 2023, 01:08:23 PM »

some bounce
TSK... have fun!
I applied a first layer of seeding soil today. Resting now over brunch. Still need to mow the back before it rains.
Pics coming soon.

Where can you find seeding soil?...

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #9366 on: September 22, 2023, 01:32:27 PM »

some bounce
KB - I bought 2 bags a month ago. I only see them in bulk right now at Gertens.  :(  https://www.gertens.com/green-loon-lawn-seeding-soil-by-the-quarter-pallet-17-bags.html

My pic of our sidewalk and Camper's pics of Up Nort
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #9367 on: September 22, 2023, 01:33:50 PM »

more Camper pics

kbshcb

« Reply #9368 on: September 22, 2023, 01:46:58 PM »

Thanks, tig....yes topsoil I buy isn't working well, though I do fertilze with milorganite..
I've been looking for a good seeding soil...Maybe next spring, I saved. Nice pics.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #9369 on: September 22, 2023, 01:52:28 PM »

Tsk the original article was published in Nat'l Geo premium a subscription. 'A 902-pound pumpkin? Why freakishly large fruits and veggies thrive in Alaska'
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/premium/article/alaska-competition-large-fruits-vegetables-record-breaking-produce?rid=EBE150D77D2DB51479B2E2AEE712FBB9&cmpid=org=ngp::mc=crm-email::src=ngp::cmp=editorial::add=Daily_NL_Science_Friday_20230922
Knowing that no one here subscribes and can't therefore open/access the link etc. I searched the Internet for an accessible link---I always check out the links before posting to make sure they work---running the links by Jim, Dan and Eddie/Aggie all who use different security , firewalls and Internet settings than I do.  None had issues.  :-\
Sounds like a nice day planned and lunch too.   :)

KB  sweet fox kit; too bad Andrew is unavailable this week Perhaps next  week for sure.

Bazi then I guess 'it' won't be 'right' LOL

Karen Publix has been doing vaccines for mucho many moons---Jim's been working for them for the past 12 yrs. and have gotten our vaccs there. And, I've been shopping there for nigh onto 23 yrs.  And, yes they do require appointments to be made online. Employees can 'walk-in' w/o waiting.   Wishing you the best on your after vax symptoms .

Lani
the Nat Geo article features a photo of a Blue ribbon winning cabbage at 138 lbs  and the six people who grew it in 2012. The pumpkin featured in the cover was 902 lbs. Can they possible be 'tasty'?    Anyway their photos and articles are all copyr ight protected. So can't cut and past or copy image addresss. Who can blame them.   
Tks for Bear STudy on RC and her cub-appreciate the genealogy on them-enjoyed the snaps of Sharp-shinned hawk juv. and Bluejay too.
Oh that kitty is really groov'n with the music.  ;D

Tig enjoyed the Camper snaps

This AM--Got the front porch decorated for Autumn and some of the house too.
Left over pizza supreme and parmesan stuffed portobello mushroom tops. Green salad and brew
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

LisaG1967

« Reply #9370 on: September 22, 2023, 01:59:10 PM »

kb - You have been busy this morning. 

E4E - I hope it is not a madhouse, but we should be there before most people around here get off work.  Jeff is off at 3:30pm.  Hope you and hubby got all your errands done today.   :D

karen - We have had a cool breeze here all day.  Its 73° with 57% humidity, winds at 16mph.
Hope your arm feels a lil better later this evening. 

Puff - Thanks for the recipe.   :D

Lani - Thanks for the Royal update.  Great pic of UQ!

baz - Stay safe, and hope you don't lose electric!

Phyl - Yay, you are in the Autumn mood!   ;D

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #9371 on: September 22, 2023, 05:08:01 PM »

some bounce
Camper helped start the 2nd bag of soil into the bucket and did a few other tasks as I was fading this noon. He ran some errands and is bringing Panda Express for me. 💜
Twins may lock up the central division tonight. Talons crossed.
TTFN

LisaG1967

« Reply #9372 on: September 22, 2023, 05:08:10 PM »

The store was not bad at all, and got all my storm snacks. 

Stay safe, Beakers!

Have a good night, everyone  :)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #9373 on: September 22, 2023, 05:14:24 PM »

Bounce
Local news just featured one of Camper's Fall color drone shot! 

Puff

« Reply #9374 on: September 22, 2023, 05:19:12 PM »

Yeah Camper !!  Hope it was that one with the large stone setting just off the bank.  Colors clear and bright, unique clear surroundings.

P