Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 443745 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #3030 on: March 24, 2023, 07:16:16 AM »

Tau Waterhole
Madikwe Game Reserve, South Africa
Mar 24, 2023 7:13 AM
Camera Time: Mar 24, 2023 2:13 PM SAST
Birchwoman

A pair of wildebeest calves having a chase
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

LisaG1967

« Reply #3031 on: March 24, 2023, 07:19:22 AM »

Good Morning Beakers.......T.G.I.F.!!!!

Morning Puff  :)

Phyl - We are most certainly keeping Misty after she has her kittens.  We already have friends we have said they want a kitten after they are ready to go.  We will find out something today about her microchip, as the supervisor at Animal Control will be calling the vet.  The vets office also told us, after she has her kittens that we could take pics of them, and post a pic in the office, as they always have customers looking to adopt.  Great cam pics this morning!

kb - I bet those Northern lights were a pretty sight to see!

Lani - We had kind of expected it, but we needed to be sure, so we paid for the ultrasound to be done. Vet said, he could see 6 kitties in there.   

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3032 on: March 24, 2023, 07:51:17 AM »

GOOD MORNING FRIENDS

38  heading to 44  cloudy .

LISA   You are so funny.  Be sure and take pics  ;) ;)  It will be interesting to see what the color of the kittens will be.  Hope Animal Control can help solve the problem - like what if there were original owners?  ??? :-\   So glad you have some of the kittens spoken for already.  That's how we got our little "Squirt" back in the 70's  - from a  co-worker's cat's litter

KB   I have never seen the Northern lights in person.  Lots of people get great pics tho.

PHYL  Cute AM picture  :)  You are having some warm weather today  :o   Nice that you could travel with Jim in those days.  Gorgeous sunrise on ole Miss this AM  :o
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 07:53:04 AM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #3033 on: March 24, 2023, 07:57:32 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

kb, absolutely beautiful...

Lani, love the kitten cuddle, cats are the best at cuddling! I looked up, cats are pregnant 65 days on average, and first time Moms usually have 2 or 3. I also vote for the white cat...  ::) ::)   Still cold in Payson?

Lisa, how wonderful!  You get to be a Grandma twice this year!  You will be able to find homes for the kittens when the time comes, and you will have such fun with them until then!  Or you can keep them all!  ;D   A relief that she is very healthy! Just read - 6 babies! Can't wait to see them!

tsk, it will be interesting to see the DNA results! So funny, she was a 'noodle' at the vet's! Neither of mine are noodles, they both have 'bad kitty' on their charts.  ::)

baz, wow, a 71 year old Albatross! Yay Wisdom! Who would have ever thought a bird could live that long!

T40, vary interesting article on eagles and owls!

Phyl, a spectacular sunrise this morning on the Flyway! Audacity gives a peek of the egg every morning! Cute Good Morning pic!

tsk, 27 to 54 today with some sun! It was dreary all day yesterday! I think kittens are pretty easy to re-home, who doesn't love a kitten, or a puppy!

Talon broke his first board in his Martial Arts class yesterday!

That’s So Minnesota - Matt McNamara  ·  Another view of Northern Lights!

« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 09:10:05 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Puff

« Reply #3034 on: March 24, 2023, 08:09:54 AM »

Clynn Don't know if you knew what you had -It is rare/more unique to get pink, or especially red, in a pic of the lights.  Most that I've seen from last night was mostly green.

P

LisaG1967

« Reply #3035 on: March 24, 2023, 08:29:46 AM »

tsk - I think that is what we are most worried about, her having another owner.  But, who leaves a cat out all day and night in the winter!  We are hoping she is an escapee from Animal Control, which is not very far from my house and made her way over this way.  Awww, lil "Squirt"  :-*

clynn - WAY TO GO, Talon!!!  I love his freckles, so cute!!!  Yes, a big relief Misty was healthy.  That was another big worry, cause we didn't want anything to happen to Bandit, too. 

Puff

« Reply #3036 on: March 24, 2023, 08:39:42 AM »

Just thought I'd let you know I know there is a difference of opinion.
All I know is only once was there a decent splosh of red that I've viewed in person.   
P

theaurorazone.com
Not seeing red. We don't see red in the Aurora Borealis too frequently and the colour tends to be associated with intense solar activity. Reds appear in ...
nps.gov
On occasion the aurora gets a deep red color. This comes from higher altitudes, around 120-180 miles (200-300 km). It is again the oxygen atom that is responsible for this color

adn.com  (Alaska Dispatch New)
What is the rarest aurora color?
On very rare occasions (once every 10 years or so) the aurora can be a deep blood red color from top to bottom. Pink hues may also be seen in the lower area of the aurora. In addition to producing light, the energetic auroral collisions transmit heat.

northernlightscentre.ca
The most common auroral color, a pale yellowish-green, is produced by oxygen molecules located about 60 miles above the earth. Rare, all-red auroras are ...

kbshcb

« Reply #3037 on: March 24, 2023, 09:11:15 AM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1518938005641351170

This is Dilbert, the 6 banded armadillo, from the Cincinatti Zoo...sticking his tongue out before a big yawn.

Furthermore regarding the lights last night:

Unfortunately Chris and I closed all the blinds early last night as Ollie was rather rambunctious and barking at the activity of critters and humans last night so we could continue to watch our tv in peace..
He also barked loudly and repeatedly, once he and I went down to bed. Never has done that before so I ran upstairs to check on Chris and things.
Nothing outside front or back. Course I was looking for humans!
In retrospect, I'm now wondering if he was aware somehow of all the magnetic activity going on?....or the rabbits?....don't know.

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #3038 on: March 24, 2023, 09:28:34 AM »

Morning everyone!

We had some friends over yesterday afternoon for a bbq (they are retired too) and after they left and I cleaned up, it was around 10, so I went to bed.  Now I am doing a little catching up in the Beak.  Weather was cool with a little sunshine & clouds.  We had a wonderful visit together.  :)

Lani - I don't think I've ever seen a Viscerion - a rescue at the TRR!  Thanks for more explanation of L's banded parent.

Oldguy - That lady got got 'attacked' by a bull at the concert sure ran a long way to escape! Lol!  ;D

Phyl - I know how you feel about whether to watch the goslings fledge.  :-\  Sounds like good weather for you today except for T-storms!  Great cam pics! :)   What a wonderful & memorable week you & Jim had in Juneau, Alaska - thanks for sharing.  :)

Baz - Thank you for well wishes for my mom  :) 

T40 - That link is amazing (Owls & Eagles) - thanks for posting!

Puff - Scary about those eye drops  :o

LisaG - So sorry for the discomfort - hope the Amoxicillin kicks in quickly and that you feel much better soon {LisaG}   Sounds like a good checkup on Misty - wow going to have kittens soon!  You & Jeff are wonderful pet owners.

Tsk - Nice that you are getting out to see your friends and to go out for tea and visits!  Lulu is a gem when in the hands of the vet (to get her nails trimmed)  ;) :)

Kb - Beautiful gorgeous pic this morning!  Like the Armadillo! :)   Wow, sure sounds like something had Ollie's attention last night!

Clynn - Cute morning gifs!  Good for Talon - he looks so happy with such an accomplishment!!

Hi Tig, Lori, BL

I will be picking up my Mom and bringing her over here around 11:am and my sis will pick her up from here later on.
Everyone have a nice day.  :)

kbshcb

« Reply #3039 on: March 24, 2023, 09:34:53 AM »

Eagles4 - yup, I assume now he was aware of the magnetic lights!..and that indeed what he was barking at.
As you know, they do bark before earthquakes happen.

My Walter dog( my avatar) would bark at chemtrails in the sky, particularly in the early spring but all year long...I asked my then vet if Walter heard them as he barked before even I saw them in the sky. The vet said yes, he thought Walter could hear those chemtrails.

We all should and I do, pay attention to our pups sensitivities....

kbshcb

« Reply #3040 on: March 24, 2023, 10:03:04 AM »

Doug Cottrell from Duluth..

Northern MN pics are more purple/red/pink.....
There are thousands I am viewing on my computer so this will be my last! ;)

Phyl

« Reply #3041 on: March 24, 2023, 10:39:05 AM »

Lisa Great that Misty's got a good check-up  .Wow! Six kittens .  Everyone is going to be busy  :)
 Would luv to be there to see Bandit's reactions to the kittens and those tiny non stop mews. Definitely post photos here.  Fantastic that you have good homes lined up. And, I was sure your vet would be wonderful about helping you get homes for them.   

We got our Maggie thru our vet at the time...a family had left a  ventilated sealed box on her hospital door step  with their cat's kittens and a note the night before. Next day when I went back to pay Mike's bill there was a cage at reception with 6 very small kittens mewing like crazy. All but the one sitting in the very back. That little female stared a hole thru me not uttering a sound---Maggie.
Long story short, after introductions and tagging her with my name and two months at vet's  of further growth and spaying .  I brought her home. I decided to name her after my mother's very best friend-Margret.

Tsk hopefully animal control will realize Misty's been rehomed. And is in one of the best homes in the world with Lisa/Jeff. 
I went on several  company trips with Jim---we had a wonderful life in those days---can't begin to describe.
Eager to here the DNA results on your Lulu---just how close my 'guess' might be on her ancestry.
Hope you're doing better in  your recovery.

{{{Lori}}}

Kb very nice memories of Walter. I remember him. :-*  Oh Dilbert  the   Armadillo video, something else. :)

Lisa really enjoyed those bakery goodies this AM

Clynn congrats to Talon on his first board---great photo, he looks so pleased with himself   ;)    ;  awesome Aurora; Yea! you getting some sunshine. :)

Puff it is indeed rare  to have red or other colors in The Aurora. I love them when they 'dance'. All those electrical forces react with one another in constantly shifting combinations. Thus The Aurora dances in the sky.

Hi Eagles it is going to  be BBQ time---here probably in a couple of weeks. Been saving some tenerloin up for that. So glad you can spend time w/your mom. Hope she'll be better soon

I too hope Misty's an escapee from Animal Control---quite agree on 'the other owner' I think they got tired of her cattawolling to get out. You know, 'Okay! Go . Don't come back.'
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 10:56:44 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #3042 on: March 24, 2023, 11:08:46 AM »

Enormous 'hole' in the sun's atmosphere will trigger stunning auroras Friday
By Brandon Specktor published about 21 hours ago
An enormous coronal hole wider than 20 Earths has opened in the sun's atmosphere, and NOAA experts predict a moderate geomagnetic storm Friday (March 24) as a result.

https://www.livescience.com/enormous-hole-in-the-suns-atmosphere-will-trigger-stunning-auroras-friday?utm_term=C190B63E-87C3-4395-B655-61057A13DDD2&utm_campaign=368B3745-DDE0-4A69-A2E8-62503D85375D&utm_medium=email&utm_content=6D223998-9FD1-4EA5-AFE4-CF8DD76D0B29&utm_source=SmartBrief

#IstandwithEvan

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3043 on: March 24, 2023, 11:14:16 AM »

TGIF Beakers!
Morning Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, and All

Clynn, Congratulations Talon! Super job! ;D white cat is strutting around with huge grin and no responsibilities! Jeff should catch the cat, put a note on his collar, with the birth announcement!  ;D ... yes, it was 29 before we left for our walk at 6:15.  We had 3 inches of rain this week and a quick snow 30 minutes ago. Shannon has an appt at Mayo's with a neurosurgeon this morning. She didn't want us to come with her for this first meeting. What an awesome photo of the Northern Lights.

Lisa, awww 6 babies. I'll love to see the look on Bandit's face when he's introduced to the 6! His quiet bachelor's life is no more!  ;D. ... You know, I can't believe she wasn't spayed when she received the microchip. That usually goes together, at least that's the case here in Arizona. You get the microchip after shots, neutering/spaying and ownership.  ???

Phyl, beautiful sunrise... great cam pics

Kb, stunning morning photo... Dilbert  ;D

Eagles, have a lovely day with your mom and sis.  :)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 11:00:51 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3044 on: March 24, 2023, 01:12:56 PM »

CLYNN  Not counting the 55 minute round trip or the fact that I got there 30 min early, the software repair of my Starlink was 35 minutes!!  Not bad.    The check in guy had said  - "oh about 90 minutes" .  but it seems their computers were working well today  LOL  WOW  Good for Talon.  Always wondered about those boards and what they were made of.

LISA  Sounds like you got that right - an escapee..

KB   Even Dilbert is cute in his own way.  ;)

EAGLES  Enjoy the afternoon with Mom. :)

PHYL   Good Maggie story.  Right place, right time.  :)

LANI  Wish I felt like the Minion today - Couple of really dreary days and my battery wears down. ;)

LANI   ((((Shannon))))   That was the way with our Lulu from the shelter.  She was a young Mama as well but the sequence was the same.  Because we changed her name we had to notify the "chip" people, the shelter and the vet.
Chicagoland