Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 380175 times)

Puff

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #3015 on: March 23, 2023, 05:21:02 PM »

Here's a new med warning that seems very strange.  Did you hear about the artificial eye drops (name brand EzriCare) that not only cause serious problems, they actually have been determined to contribute to the user's death.  Now that's odd.

Scary. . .I've got dry eyes and used drops forever.  Therma Drops is my product.

LisaG1967

« Reply #3016 on: March 23, 2023, 05:27:16 PM »

Good Evening Beakers

We just returned from the vets office with Misty.  She has a microchip. Apparently,  Animal Services put the chip in but they don't have any record of her being adopted out so she either got out of animal control, or they lost the paperwork. The manager of Animal Services is supposed to call the vet back tomorrow. We had her tested for feline leukemia and other things. She is negative. She had her little nails clipped, as well. Last but not least, she is pregnant as we suspected. She apparently is in her last two weeks, so it could happen tonight or within two weeks from now.

baz - That is exactly what I have, eustachian tube dysfunction in both ears.  The right is worse.  I have appt with ENT on April 11 after I am done antibiotics.

tsk - Hope you had a great breakfast and afternoon tea.   

Phyl - The Easter figurines are adorable.

E4E
- Thank you, I am feeling a lil better. 

Lani - The Amoxicllin is helping. 

oldguy

« Reply #3017 on: March 23, 2023, 05:29:48 PM »

Jaspurr - your welcome  ;) ;D
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Puff

« Reply #3018 on: March 23, 2023, 05:33:19 PM »

LisaGGramma to kitties, too?  Who would have thunk it.
I don't recall you mentioning your suspicions.  Her actions/behaviors make it clearer now?  Wow  :o

P

kbshcb

« Reply #3019 on: March 23, 2023, 05:49:29 PM »

Lisa - Oh my....that's all I got...

LisaG1967

« Reply #3020 on: March 23, 2023, 06:11:37 PM »

Puff - We had a feeling she might be, but we needed to know for sure from vet. 

kb - I know...I keep telling myself, LORD, what have I got myself into!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3021 on: March 23, 2023, 06:38:44 PM »

PUFF   Have not heard about the eye drops as yet.  I use Pataday or Refresh Eyes

LISA    LOLOLOLOL  You should be a vet!!  So where will you put the expectant mama?  This is so funny.  Will be interesting to see how Bandit handles it all.  Good thing she is healthy otherwise.  Did the vet make a guess as to age?
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #3022 on: March 23, 2023, 06:52:30 PM »

Tsk - The vet says, she looks to be around 1 yr old based on her teeth.  She weighed 9lbs. 
We set up a lil nursery in Bradley’s closet, as he really doesn’t have any clothes on there anymore, and never comes to spend the night now.  The vet said, she will most likely choose her place tho.  I just hope it is not under a bed!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 04:05:56 AM by LisaG1967 »

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3023 on: March 24, 2023, 12:15:17 AM »

Oldguy, the André Rieu video was a hoot! There was a sweet little girl that was very concerned for the Lady in Red!

Phyl, Love the Easter figurines

Baz, Viscerion is a cayman, I hope they are able to help it use it's back legs. If not, they will keep him safe there.... awww Wisdom  :-*

Tsk, Glad you were able to enjoy some TLC time with friends. Cat's are a mystery "She is a noodle in their hands" LOL! It will be fun to find out about Lulu!  ;D

Lisa, LOL! when Misty was stretched out in your last photo. I wondered  :o  but, I'm so glad she is in a home where she will be warm and safe when it's time. It's sad to think she could have been out in the cold having babies. Did they have any idea how many? The year of the kittens and grandbaby  ;D ... I wonder about that white cat spent the nights strutting about!  8) .. well, glad to hear she's well. Interesting about the micro chip.

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lani's daughter Shannon, Tsk, Eagle's Kris, Lori and her grandma Clute, Puff, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Pink's mother, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Tim, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Clynn's friend Kay, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Prayers for SWFL Dad and eaglets, and Harriets return.
Sauces Family.🙏

Special Prayers For Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Eagle's Kris, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For SWFL Harriet and nest, NEFL Samson and Gabriella, Black Bear Ted, Lucy, Reggae, Taffy Apple, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, Eagles's Star, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  Juliet and Romeo, Lucy and Larry, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #3024 on: March 24, 2023, 06:44:38 AM »

There are hundreds, if not thousands of pictures of the Northern Lights last night over Minnesota on multiple FB pages.
Picture above is in town over a local lake...Lake Harriet...
only a few miles from my home.
I missed it and it went on for a very long time.
I've seen them in person before, but this event apparently was something and viewable even in the bright city lights.

Morning all

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #3025 on: March 24, 2023, 06:49:25 AM »

Hello  Everyone  and...

Mostly cloudy 78F and humid  today. Evening  60F and thunderstorms.

Lisa *sigh*  Much has been said about Misty, and there's probably little  I can add.   Other than, I don't think this is humorous situation. And,  I'm not surprised  she's pregnant ...I wondered  about this when you first mentioned seeing her in your yard.  The mystery micro chip adds a new layer to her fate and that of her kittens.
 I hope you’re  still  keeping  her after delivery and weaning of the kittens  and not send her back to animal control. If there is an owner, i wonder if  she should she  even go back to them?  As  for the kittens.  Does your vet have a way of keeping them and adopting them out to the clientle?  Better yet,  is there a 'No Kill' shelter that will take them once weaned. Etc.   I think, she feels she's  found a forever home with you, Jeff and Bandit.
Somehow, this brings to mind how we got Maggie 21 years ago.

Anyway {{Lisa}} can't imagine life with tube in ear canals---not unlike me with a metal plate in my neck. I guess.  ::)
 Sure hope you get better, soon.

Hi Baz

Puff I use Blink 'Tears' in the teal colored bottle for my chapped  eyes plus 'Paday' for their wateryness.

T40 interesting video, thanks

Tsk Lulu like a noodle at the vet. LOL

Lani I hope something can be done for Viscerion. If not as you said , he'll have a safe place to live. Awwww those kittens.  :-*
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 07:09:14 AM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

Puff

« Reply #3026 on: March 24, 2023, 06:51:33 AM »

Local Chgo channels have been showing the pics here this morning tooKP.  Reminds me of late night in dark months in Alaska.  Fantastic capture.

P

Phyl

« Reply #3027 on: March 24, 2023, 06:54:12 AM »

Sauces Bald Eagles - Channel Islands
Mar 24, 2023 6:50 AM
Camera Time: Mar 24, 2023 4:49 AM PDT
Birchwoman

Audi, a bit of preening; a big scratch; fluff adjustment....then back to sleep.

From Chat

loveeagles
an hour ago

Audi and frogs are awake now
and a peek of the egg !

Phyl

« Reply #3028 on: March 24, 2023, 07:04:42 AM »

Kb a nice reminder of the week Jim and I spent in Jueanu Alaska. Jim and his copilot were there to pick up the company's president and his family who had taken a cruise with the family of a client. Landed on Sitka Is. refueld and headed to our spot in Jueanu . Finally got there  at 1am and it looked like 8pm the night before ...our rooms had blackout curtains, etc. It was a super nice break and I was fortunate to be invited by the president  as  the guys were there a week .It was like a vacation...ctour cruises and hikes...cruises with orca swimming along side our boat...seals greeting us from bouies...lobster dinners , all the seafood one'd want as they were plentiful and cheap.  :)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 07:10:26 AM by Phyl »

Phyl

« Reply #3029 on: March 24, 2023, 07:11:51 AM »

Mississippi River Flyway Cam
Mar 24, 2023 7:16 AM
Camera Time: Mar 24, 2023 7:16 AM CDT
Birchwoman