Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1010879 times)

oldguy

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #990 on: January 26, 2023, 10:46:15 AM »

Good Thursday Morning Beakers

National Spouses Day   -   https://nationaldaycalendar.com/national-spouses-day-january-26/

Started at 12 this morning - now up to 15 and heading to 22...  We had light flurries all day yesterday - any place that was cleared of snow, melted until the sun when down - then only left a tracking snow for this morning.  Swept off the steps and hope the sun takes care of the rest.  More stuff coming into the area Friday morning with temps in the mid 30s and most of Sat. (high of 23) (2-3 inches)

Cats Deity of Cats Shrine   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qby_1jHUHQ

Surrounded by Cats and Hedgehogs !!   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjMAClwqAmA

😺 Masters of illusion! 🐈 Videos of funny cats and kittens for a good mood! 😻   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oScrLLtEHE

Quarantine Kids play "Wilbury Twist"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ur8ubhkasQ

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #991 on: January 26, 2023, 10:54:05 AM »

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

Eagles, glad to hear Star had a good report. The Gabapentin will give her comfort, as it did for my sweet boy Bandit.  :-*

Lisa, love Anne Rice's books. Jeff would like See no Evil. Shannon bought us a Ring Doorbell cam, we need to set that up. Our next door neighbors spend the winter in their Tucson home. They have a doorbell cam as well as one on their lower deck. We're in a gated community, so it's very secure... have a nice day with Bradley. Safe travels.

Clynn, I'm am LOL over Vinnie and Pop!!!  ;D ;D ;D ... loved saving the woodpecker's nest.

Phyl, we were taught dancing in Junior High as part of PE class (boys/girls). Besides square dancing, two step, waltz, traditional Folk dances from the Philippines, Maori, and of course hula.

TRR - Landon eating his beans  :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #992 on: January 26, 2023, 11:03:27 AM »

Still have my original.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #993 on: January 26, 2023, 11:08:27 AM »

Oldguy LOL theBaraban-TV ; Claire really spends alot on her cats, cool cat shrine video; Always enjoy Walter Santi and Quarantine Kids

Lani love your morning squirrel; cool, hulu classes in high school

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

oldguy

« Reply #994 on: January 26, 2023, 11:22:35 AM »

Phyl - My mom used that sprinkle top - I can't remember what the bottle was - before the day of steam irons - sprinkle the clothes before using the hot iron...
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 11:59:28 AM by oldguy »
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Lani

« Reply #995 on: January 26, 2023, 12:01:44 PM »

Phyl - My mom used that sprinkle top - I can't remember what the bottle was - before the day of steam irons - sprinkle the clothes before using the hot iron...

Ditto!
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #996 on: January 26, 2023, 12:37:04 PM »

TIG   I think because of Mom who was my brownie and girl scout leader we learned to square dance as well   ;) ;)

LISA   I love biscotti!!!  I should make some  LOL  Enjoy some time with your son.  I forget, does he work from home?

EAGLES   Now that is a cup of coffee!!  You rare taking good care of little Star  :-*

KB   Such a cute AM pic  ;D  "I can clap"

PHYL  Been lightly snowing on and off so far today. Like to look out the window.  Great story about Mom and Dad's square dancing group.  It was a pretty big thing in that generation.  Millennials - "huh"????   What stone is in that ring?   Bottle - sprinkler for ironing clothes

OLDGUY   Loved the Santi piece.   Cat on the umbrella and that cute little hedgehog!  Watching that cat video makes me nervous for Xmas  LOL
Bellamy has a lot of natural rhythm.

LANI   Would have loved your junior high class. 
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #997 on: January 26, 2023, 01:30:32 PM »

Phyl, love your Mood Ring, I had one just like that!  I have it SOMEWHERE! My Mom also had that sprinkler top, on a Coca-Cola bottle. I remember sprinkling all the clothes that needed to be ironed, I loved to iron! If there was room we put the bag of sprinkled clothes in the freezer! It was a heavy plastic feed bag from Grandma's house... Your folks were professional square dancers!

tsk, I am also a former Brownie and Girl Scout! I made it all the way through to Cadette! Cathy and I had a lot of fun, we had a very good leader! We were always begging Mom to take us to the Girl Scout store to get our badges! I still have my badge sash SOMEWHERE! Did your Mom wear the Leader uniform?

oldguy, great Walter Santi video! Fun seeing the hedgehogs! Funny cats was very funny!

E4E, hooray for Star and her good checkup!

Lani, Erin got us a Ring Doorbell last year at Christmas, we haven't got it set up yet either! All of my dance learning was  in5th/6th grade and Jr. High when we lived in Arizona at Luke AFB. We even had Home Ec in Jr. High, probably why I love to sew...  Love the squirrel on the snowman's head!

Iowa Birding · Amy Moore Gonnerman  · So many cardinals in my backyard today! Appanoose County, Iowa
https://scontent-ord5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/327281341_530480095555665_5356414941870556450_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p526x296&_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=Yt34qyHxAXEAX_rUG5Q&_nc_ht=scontent-ord5-2.xx&oh=00_AfA5w9iFNsFPtl7P6eXiYeL8D1kL1zgBCE_TjmbXB0hC6g&oe=63D81484

Big Bear Nest
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #998 on: January 26, 2023, 02:09:45 PM »

Many more. Snow sculpture contest in Stillwater MN.

BrokenLug

« Reply #999 on: January 26, 2023, 02:28:32 PM »

Act Biggy - So an elderly Italian man living alone in New Jersey wanted to plant his annual tomato garden, but it was very difficult work, since the ground was hard. His only son, Vincent, who used to help him, was in prison. The old man wrote a letter to his son and described his predicament:

Dear Vincent, I am feeling pretty sad, because it looks like I won’t be able to plant my tomato garden this year. I’m just getting too old to be digging up a garden plot. I know if you were here my troubles would be over.. I know you would be happy to dig the plot for me, like in the old days.  Love, Papa

A few days later he received a letter from his son.
Dear Pop, Don’t dig up that garden. That’s where the bodies are buried. Love,Vinnie

At 4 a.m. the next morning, FBI agents and local police arrived and dug up the entire area without finding any bodies. They apologized to the old man and left. That same day the old man received another letter from his son.

Dear Pop, Go ahead and plant the tomatoes now. That’s the best I could do under the circumstances. Love you, Vinnie

Clynn You have Pip and I ROTFLOL.
Both being NJ natives from the last north exit on the G.S.P. (172) we really do get this one.  LOL   ;D   ;)
We think we might actually know Vinnie  ..     ;) ;)
U. S. A.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #1000 on: January 26, 2023, 02:41:01 PM »

bounce

Yep, again, my Mom was our leader... Brownies thru Seniors. And we wore the complete uniforms and I have my badge sash. And then my Bro started an Explorer group at the police dept. and I was a member for three years. Not much of a stretch I eventually followed his example as an officer and became a security officer for 8 years.
Prepping the brain for a cold snap is easier when you realize it means less chance of a snow dump.  :o
TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

« Reply #1001 on: January 26, 2023, 03:36:38 PM »

Act Biggy - So an elderly Italian man living alone in New Jersey wanted to plant his annual tomato garden, but it was very difficult work, since the ground was hard. His only son, Vincent, who used to help him, was in prison. The old man wrote a letter to his son and described his predicament:

Dear Vincent, I am feeling pretty sad, because it looks like I won’t be able to plant my tomato garden this year. I’m just getting too old to be digging up a garden plot. I know if you were here my troubles would be over.. I know you would be happy to dig the plot for me, like in the old days.  Love, Papa

A few days later he received a letter from his son.
Dear Pop, Don’t dig up that garden. That’s where the bodies are buried. Love,Vinnie

At 4 a.m. the next morning, FBI agents and local police arrived and dug up the entire area without finding any bodies. They apologized to the old man and left. That same day the old man received another letter from his son.

Dear Pop, Go ahead and plant the tomatoes now. That’s the best I could do under the circumstances. Love you, Vinnie

Clynn You have Pip and I ROTFLOL.
Both being NJ natives from the last north exit on the G.S.P. (172) we really do get this one.  LOL   ;D   ;)
We think we might actually know Vinnie  ..     ;) ;)

LOL BL!  ;D ;D ;D

kbshcb

« Reply #1002 on: January 26, 2023, 04:18:33 PM »

The one and only, Thomas Demma.....photographer extraordinair...at the DNR nest....
Put some clothes on Thomas!

Puff

« Reply #1003 on: January 26, 2023, 04:37:31 PM »

Don't dig up the garden plot - - -That's where I buried the bodies !!!!

Scored a perfect 10 Clynn

P

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1004 on: January 26, 2023, 04:51:33 PM »

CLYNN  I do believe I have my sash as well.  ;) ;)  I just went til 8th grade I think.  No Mom did not have an uniform.  She co led with my friend's Mom.      I too love to iron.  We would sprinkle the clothes and roll them up until it was time to iron later in the day.  LOL  Mom taught me during a grade school summer - Started on Dad's hankies...then the pillow cases. ;D ;) ;)

KB   Lake Geneva Wi usually has a snow sculpture contest but don't know about this year.  I enjoy going to them.  That one looks great.  Hey Thomas Demma.  Wish his face was clearer..  Love that guy.

TIG   Would love to hear about some of your security officer adventures  LOL
Chicagoland