Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1011024 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #945 on: January 25, 2023, 06:39:11 AM »

Are rainbows really arches?
If you have the right vantage point, a rainbow might look circular. Here's the science behind why some rainbows look like arches and others don't.

[url]https://www.livescience.com/are-rainbows-arches-or-circles?utm_term=C190B63E-87C3-4395-B655-61057A13DDD2&utm_campaign=368B3745-DDE0-4A69-A2E8-62503D85375D&utm_medium=email&utm_content=F54360F6-6/url]

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 06:44:18 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #947 on: January 25, 2023, 06:44:03 AM »

Decorah North Eagles
Jan 25, 2023 6:41 AM
Camera Time: Jan 25, 2023 6:41 AM CST

DNF and Mr. North

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #948 on: January 25, 2023, 06:59:22 AM »

Decorah North Eagles
Jan 25, 2023 6:58 AM
Camera Time: Jan 25, 2023 6:57 AM CST

DNF and Mr. North

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #949 on: January 25, 2023, 07:02:56 AM »

4.2 magnitude California earthquake, aftershock shake Malibu Beach area
Los Angeles firefighters were sweeping area, searching for any damage

https://www.foxnews.com/us/4-2-magnitude-california-earthquake-aftershock-shake-malibu-beach-area?test=ebe150d77d2db51479b2e2aee712fbb9

Eagles...

Sauces bald eagle cam

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #950 on: January 25, 2023, 07:08:43 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, love the morning pic, reminds me of Mary Engelbreit!  Good blog on the brood patch.  We are at 30 right now, high 31. Cloudy, but lots of sun yesterday. Beautiful sunsets at the Decorah and North nests! And there they are, our Decorah and North couples together! Love seeing them! Will read your articles later, have to get ready for my Princess Bella!

Lani, I bet the view out of your windows is beautiful with that 4" of new snow! Aww, Sadie doesn't like a coat, she is a cold weather dog! Does she love the snow?

oldguy, great 'Cats Try Not to Break Anything Challenge'!

E4E, yes, Miss Munchkin today! I only have Bella, Talon is in school (2nd grade). I will have both of them this summer, and when school starts in late August I will have no Munchkins. Bella will be in Kindergarten. Seems like she shouldn't be old enough to go to shcool but she will be 5 next month...

Lori, wonder if the owls will take over N2B...I really don't like owls that close to N1... so I hope not!

tsk, on the weather channel radar itlooks like we just missed the snow you are getting...

Lisa, you need another trail cam...  ;D ;D

LesleytheBirdNerd - If you ever wondered what innocence looks like, here it is. 🐦
Little Inky, the Black-capped chickadee is such a sweetie, look at that pure tiny eye and dear face.
🥰🖤🤍🧡

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #951 on: January 25, 2023, 07:28:27 AM »

Am wishing for spring. ;) ;)....way too early.

Morning all.

BL - I was lucky enough to see CSN&Y live here in Minneapolis....little did we know we were watching one of the greatest bands at the time....thanks.

Yup, a 30 minute walk for Ollie man and I in the winter....in summer, more like 25..... :) I don't let Ollie man walk me....I walk him and only a nano second allowed for those sniffs of yellow snow...still, I take it steady and careful on ice. My town set it's grid straight...

LisaG1967

« Reply #952 on: January 25, 2023, 08:14:06 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

kb - Love you morning pic.  I am ready for Spring, too.

clynn - The cracker table and chairs are adorable!  Yes, we do and have thought about it.  I wanted to give Jeff another one for Christmas, but he changed his mind.  Cute Black-capped chickadee.  Have a good Bella day!

Phyl - Yikes, on the earthquake. Great pics from DNN.  I would love to have a print of that morning pic for my kitchen wall! 

oldguy - I can't agree more with your coffee pic  :D

Lani - Thanks, I am sure Mama will say this morning, oh we didn't get any bad weather. ::)
She will leave the Thursday before Mardi Gras to head to my Aunt's house for big day.  Beautiful pic from Seal Island.

E4E - Hmm, that is an idea about the cams.

Lori - Loved the GHO on N2B last night.  Thanks for the gif!!

tsk - I told her, but can't wait to see what she is gonna say this morning.   ;D ::)

kbshcb

« Reply #953 on: January 25, 2023, 08:41:57 AM »

Clynn - Ha!....I am younger than all on your aging musician list :D
Not by much but still...
We were lucky enough imho to listen to the greatest musicians and so darn many of them...just our age and/or a decade older or so.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #954 on: January 25, 2023, 08:47:15 AM »

Hi BEAKERS

34 degrees and snow all day.  This will be our first "snow blower" snowfall this winter.  This day also we will start seeing 2 minutes more of light each day  ;D  Don't think I will be able to snow blow and am afraid for Tim that he might fall.  We shall see how the day goes.

LORI   Don't think that GHO has a chance if it is interested in nesting  :o

LANI   Tough little Sadie  ;D ;)

BL   You love maps  ;D

OLDGUY  Loved the TP challenge in Kittysauraus.  Lulu hysterical.  Andrea Motis has a beautiful blues voice.

PHYL   I think she will not waste the TP    No reason why it can't be used??  A very tedious set up.  Must have taken all day to do that shoot. Nature is amazing when it comes to brood patches - all the biology that has to go on..

CLYNN   Saltine tea party  ;D   Don't think HM and HD will let an owl get that close. Will snow here all day.  Just saw the neighbor do the front sidewalk and it looks like about  2-3" so far.  I hate to say this but we need the snow...  Lesley is like St Francis of Assisi.  :)   That aging musicians list was very interesting.  Lots of great talent still left.  Think I heard yesterday the Mick Jagger is doing another world tour this year...

KB  Beautiful AM photo .  Agree about great musicians of our time
Chicagoland

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #955 on: January 25, 2023, 08:57:30 AM »

Good morning!

Hi Lori, Puff, Tig, Tsk, Baz :)

Lani - Sadie must not get cold during those early morning walks or she would probably want a coat  :)    The cameras are just to watch views on all sides of our premises. 

BL - Looks like a good route for a walk  :)

Oldguy - Liked cat challenge vid!

Phyl - Love the DNN pics  -  the nest looks gigantic in the last pic!  I had not heard of the Malibu area earthquake - thank you!

Clynn - Cute little cracker chairs & table!     Have a wonderful 'Bella' day! ;D ;D   Love the sweet black-capped chickadee pic  :)   List of aging musicians  ;D

Kb - Beautiful morning pic  :)   Have a safe walk with Ollie Man - I know you are careful  :)

LisaG - Yummy morning greeting  :)

Later this morning, I am taking Star to her regularly scheduled check-up appt.  She will be 15 next month!

Everyone have a nice day.

kbshcb

« Reply #956 on: January 25, 2023, 09:06:27 AM »

At least with MN winters I don't have to worry about these guys!

A light but factual article about a 20 pound iguana that fell on a man's face....in Miami doing outdoor yoga. They get up to 5 feet long!

https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/florida-man-struck-by-falling-iguana-16149545

kbshcb

« Reply #957 on: January 25, 2023, 09:49:00 AM »

Ugg...I wondered why 2 cop cars visited the apartment across the street last night..

I reviewed my video and heard from a different neighbor....Someone had their car stolen last night. I was outside with Ollie and back inside just 2 minutes before the dark SUV drove by, saw the car parked in the driveway without it's owner in it, he had just run in for a few minutes, they turned around in the parking lot, one got out and stole the guys car...I saw the owner come out maybe 5 minutes later and saw his car was gone.

Can't see the license plate.....oh maybe I'll zoom in closer but most likely too far away.

Don't leave your keys in your car even for a minute peeps.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #958 on: January 25, 2023, 11:24:37 AM »

EAGLES  Like your drip Mr Coffee  :) ;)  Good visit for Star  :)

KB    Wonder how long it would take me to recover from an iguana falling on my face  LOL  I think when LANI lived in the desert she reported something falling on her as well?? Some large spider??

Very wet snow still falling.
Chicagoland

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #959 on: January 25, 2023, 12:05:58 PM »

Royal Cam  1/25 16:51
Dad is home!
  video  https://twitter.com/i/status/1618222275999989761
Things have changed a little since GLY was away.  Now he gets to meet his #RoyalCam chick for the 1st time.
His turn for guard duty.

Watch for more post-hatch info, including the guard stage at:  http://youtube.com/watch?v=OkZVMx7p8QM

GLY returning home to a surprise!

L (mom) announcing the news of their new chick!

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

Eagles, your cams for safety... I've been watching a detective series, called See No Evil. It's a True Crime series on how the police have solved crimes by the use of cams, whether on business properties, streets or residential. If they didn't have these cams available to them, there would be more cold cases... Its made me alert when I'm entering Walmart, shops, etc. Did you know Walmart keeps a hidden cam in outside vending machines or toy vending machines near entrances facing the parking lot? The other thing that amazes me is how many seniors or single women go to Walmart between the hours of 11pm and 5am!  ??? Thankfully, I'm learning what not to do.  :-\ ... I hope all goes well for sweet Star's annual check up  :-*

Tsk, I hope it doesn't snow too much for you. Mike can't help anymore, so I've done the snow shoveling duties these days. He makes sure I have a nice hot cup of tea when I go in. :)
A 3foot coachwhip snake was hiding behind a potted vine plant I had on the top shelf of the baker's rack on the front entrance of our former Scottsdale home. I had just returned home from Lowe's with plants, I set a large pot on the middle shelf of the baker's rack.  I heard the sound like a train, turned toward the sound and the snake stared and hissed. I turned and it struck my right ear, my eye glasses flew several feet away, it dropped on my feet, I looked to make sure it wasn't a rattler and it slithered passed my dog Barkley and went into the open door of the house. I ran to the neighbors for help. Barkley had followed the snake in and had it cornered behind the front door. Neighbors came to help me, one picked up the snake with a catcher and the other helped me call 911 to make sure I didn't need immediate medical care. I did have a nice cut on my right ear lobe, it healed after a couple of weeks. I have a scar and a small split on my ear lobe. And a terrible fear of snakes. 

Lisa, I hope the weather is good for your mama and aunt on the big day!  ;D

Kb, sweet morning pic... so true about the great musicians and singers of our time!  Good God, I don't think I could recover from having a iguana falling on me!! Geez  :o :o :o

Clynn, I can't imagine Miss Bella will be five! Geez, the time flies by too quickly... Sadie loves the snow, she loves to stick her nose deep in and smell strange animal scents. We saw large fresh tracks in the snow with claws. I'm going to do a little exploring online to see if it's a wolf or Mountain Lion track. It's not a coyote or dog, it's too big! Sadie's hackles went up and she growled in that area.

Oldguy, thanks for link.

Phyl, thanks for Amy's blog and Decorah North pics... thanks for articles, will read later. I re-roll our TP after Norman has his fun! Other than that I keep it up where he can't reach it. 

BL  ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander