Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1011634 times)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #900 on: January 23, 2023, 04:53:00 PM »

tsk, we have had a good bit of sunshine today, hopefully you will have more tomorrow!  Lulu sounds like Honey, she gives me some attention now and then but always goes back to Ed.  ::) I took Kay to the doctor today, they replaced the bandage and wrapped her leg from the knee down with four different wraps to try to get the swelling to go down. She also got a shoe (not a boot) to wear. We go back again next week. Yay on getting rid of the Sees, to a good cause! No need to tempt Tim!

Lani, a wonderful bear report today, back to the times of Fern & Herbie... Love the story of Hope and how she got to stay with her Mom Lily and play with her little brother and sister... Love the picture of Jewel, lots of good memories there! And the Albatross baby, so gently they put him in that bag to weigh him.... So how much snow did you end up getting?

Lisa, tell Jeff I vote for the Astin Martin, but he will probably end up getting both...  ;D ;D Just think, in 10 years you will have to add on to the house...  ;D

E4E, I remember cashing in Green Stamps in the mid 70s, I got a can opener!  At the Department store I worked at (Famous Barr, now Macys) we had Eagle Stamps! Customers would bring their shopping receipts to the office and we gave them a stamp for every $10 they spent. When they got the book full they returned it for store credit. I had forgotten all about them!

kb, wow on that white moose!  :o :o

Welcome to Des Moines - This is definitely my favorite winter photo of the Capitol I’ve ever photographed. This was a sunrise and the sun managed to get through the clouds just enough to light the Capitol and the golden dome in a beautiful yellow light.  Mirza Kudic Photography

Decorah & Decorah North

MAINE Wildlife · Karl Ramsdell  · A pic of her in the snow. This is a straight up RAW file with zero editing.

National Eagle Center

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

oldguy

« Reply #901 on: January 23, 2023, 05:34:14 PM »

Hello Beakers

Thanks again to everyone for the great birthday greatings...

Yesterday was busy - took a tray of cookies into work to share - one of the other workers shares my birthdate minus 50 years... ::)  restock was sparse for the weekend - everything done by the time I started at 9am - so spent the shift working on tasks that managers found needing correcting.  Everyone was done with that by 2:30, leaving very little for the closing shift to keep busy at.

Caught a nap, before going out to eat supper - just a sandwich from Subway.  Then play a computer game the rest of the night.

Had a low of 15 this morning - reached 28 for a high today - staying in the upper 20s until the next storm comes thru late Tue into Wed.
Ryan has all the details today...
This Winter Storm Is Gonna Pack A PUNCH…   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K27z74kfI8g

KB/Tig - here is a video of people having to deal with more snow than you... ;)
Awesome Roof Snow Removal Tools ! Amazing Snow Sliding 2021   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFZ5YERq1AI

Cats and Dogs Slipping on Ice   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKxt2M11xgw

A short from Lesley
Cuteness Knows No Bounds with this Bird   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlxuW2tRQFU

How Will TT React to a Kiss From a Human She Dislikes? (ENG SUB)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPRKzjz8enU

Maru's using it the wrong way   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFxdcfkdrhI
Maru's belly massage 2   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vxWQ3OyVOM

Ellen does a decent job of singing too... :)
My TOP 10 Favorite Bass Lines - Part 2   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIf8U-mKdXw

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

kbshcb

« Reply #902 on: January 23, 2023, 06:10:08 PM »

Buffalo, Mn...not that far from the Twin Cities.and I believe we've gotten more snow than they have.

Oldguy - funny video of tools for extreme snow removal....although, I don't have any of those tools, nor do i see any women doing the snow removal ;) ;)

OMG, I have nothing in my calendar to do list for tomorrow!....I'm freaked out..
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 06:15:35 PM by kbshcb »

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #903 on: January 23, 2023, 06:30:37 PM »

KB   Rough winter for you.  Be careful.  That snowman is humungous  :o :o

CLYNN  Back in the 70's the Green Stamp program  helped this newbie to the work force and 1st time appt dweller get the essentials  ;) ;)  That is a gorgeous pic of the Capitol..  Lots of good photos in your post.

OLDGUY   Nice b-day treat for employees  :)  Cute piece with Lesley and Lentil.   Claire's vid was good too.  Lulu doesn't get much traction on our wood floors when she's running after her ball LOL  Might as well be ice.
Chicagoland

BrokenLug

« Reply #904 on: January 23, 2023, 08:50:36 PM »

Whew, once again I praise God I am alive.

Ollie and I ventured out for our walk....all north/south roads are solid ice with barely any tar showing..cars have now made foot high grooves with barely any traction even with yaktrax on...hills, east/west roads are better...I did ask for them to be taken on as a priority....guess now I have to mention ALL roads?

So stressful this season....it's hard to put into words.

kb  Would walking the Blue Loop in winter be less treacherous ?
I believe you walk the Green Loop.

Both loops were mapped 'walking' clockwise and are on the streets centerline.
The terrain exaggeration in Google Earth is turned way up for visualization.

The terrain and distance stats of the 2 loops.
Note all the measurements are not exact, no one walks in a straight line with a dog.  ;)

The Green "south" Loop is 2,048 ft long.
The Elev Gain/Loss is about 42 ft, but the max up/down slope is +13%/-22%. (Grade).

The Blue "north" Loop is 2,692 ft long.
The Elev Gain/Loss is about 34 ft and the max up/down slope is +10%/-12%.

Granted the Blue Loop is about 644 ft longer but it does appear to be less "hilly" looking at the terrain profile graph's.

Now I know I'm not taking into account the sidewalk/snow mountain situation, crazy drivers, rabid animals, crazy neighbors, muggers, etc .. but it's a thought.
Just looking out for you and Ollie Man.  8)
U. S. A.

kbshcb

« Reply #905 on: January 23, 2023, 09:28:24 PM »

Very cool maps, BL

But, i walk much farther than your pics. I walk the green loop all the way to the highway 35W...or close to it, lately turning south on James ave..

The Blue loop Scott and I used to take....but like you said. I haven't alone since Ollie was bitten several times by a loose dog on that loop, there are shady folks also who live, well I won't say...and, we also took that route to the highway.

Am not sure you can visualize what I'm saying...but if you took that green loop much farther to the east and then of course west on the way home....well.

thanks for thinking about us...appreciate it.

The steepest part of my loop, green but many more blocks, starts at the northeast corner of your rectangle heading east towards the highway and extending several blocks...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 09:38:41 PM by kbshcb »

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #906 on: January 23, 2023, 09:35:10 PM »

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/7177680648346745/
 See the short video

Clynn really likie your AM greeting;  a great Beatles song you posted.  My mom's Sunbeam was just like the one you posted on the left. As a teenager, I 'd use it eveynow. But, dad had the handheld 'blow' dryer and he caught me using his---the following Christmas I got a smaller sleeker one  from 'Santa".  ;D  The only thing to do is giv e each of you your own portable hair dryer.  I really liked Famous Barr.  Awesome snap of the state capitol bldg. luv all the wildlife photos
Luv the SWFL family photo  :-*

Tsk funny about Lulu and no traction on the floors---just skating around on mom's floor.  I had gotten a notice from Amazon about the discontinuing of the 'Smile' program sometime ago. All mine went to Wounded Warrior Project and Tunnel 2 Towers. I've always used Bing as a search engine and they have a wonderful program that one's seachs earn points and periodically those points can be redeemed for charitable donations as well as other 'things'. I chose the charitable donations.
I'd want the cake in my AM greeting.

Hi Eagles sweet fawn

Kb awesome albino moose;  seems like your having a more pesky winter than usual---take care. Nohing to but pile the snow up, I guess. Nothing on your 'to Do List.' now you can take a nap.  Some 'Jaba the Hut' snowman--- Nothinfg on the calendar, now you can take a break?

Lisa well, my days of having dessert are pretty well gone with the wind. Some of those Lego kits look quite life-like.  Ditto Clynn about getting an add-on just for the Legos models.  ;D

Lani tks for Dr Roger's Bear Study ,  awwww Lily and Hope,wonderful story there, Jewel ; I think Calhound is posting them in entirety in 'Jewel and her cubs'.  Tks for the
Royal Albatross update adorb close ups of L feeding her chick.

Oldguythat's a long post you have here; nice BD treat for employees

Bl
lots of useful info there for Kb and others here.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 09:37:14 PM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #907 on: January 23, 2023, 09:44:08 PM »

Kb - wow, the picture of the snow pile tells the story. :o ::)  Hope you get some warmth out there soon.  What a wonderful memory of having seen the Beatles at the 'Met Stadium'!!  I'm sure you have lots of fun memories of events you went to.  Sad they built a mall there instead.

LisaG - So nice that Jeff is enjoying those sets of Legos and no cussing Lol! ;D

Lani - Thanks for Bearstudy 'Celebrating the birthdays . . . .'   so very sad about Hope.     You are getting a lot of snow - do you usually get that much during the winter or is this winter more than you normally would receive?   Awe, thanks for Royal Albatross  ;D

Tsk - So cute how Lulu seems to be sharing her presence during the night with each of you! ;D

Clynn - Like the story of the Green stamps and how it worked at your place of employment!  Love the winter pic of Des Moines  ;D   All great pics you posted!

Oldguy - Glad you had a nice birthday  ;D

Phyl - Have a good evening  :)

BL - Thank you for always providing great maps & info!

Beakers have a good night - stay warm.

Phyl

« Reply #908 on: January 23, 2023, 09:52:04 PM »

Thanks Eagles and to y'all.

'Good Night...'

Sauces bald eagle cam

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #909 on: January 23, 2023, 11:19:25 PM »

Lisa, yummy morning breakfast. I love chocolate  ;D ... Oh, Jeff's hooked! cool Lego set! Ghostbuster mobile  ;D

Phyl, I remember S&H stamps! My mother collected them too. And she may have gotten her sunbeam hairdryer with stamps too! I only used her hair dryer once or twice a year. Other than that I let my hair dry naturally... thanks for posting the article about Amazon Smile.  I was reading TRR (sloths) chat room and they were discussing losing Amazon Smile support. I didn't realize it effected all charities. I support Dr Rogers/North American Black Bears.  :(  ... I don't believe Amazon's reasons, Jeff Bezos wants to buy an NFL team!!!

Clynn, my mom's hairdryer was the one sitting on the table, it was yellow. I only used it when I put my hair in curlers for a special dance. Other than that I let my long hair dry naturally. You and your sis was lucky  ;D ... sweet SWFL babies, great pic by Desiree... beautiful pic of your capitol.... magnificent National Eagle Center photo!

Puff, glad you were able to get 3 minutes of sunshine!

Tsk, How did your Shawl meeting go? Now, that our Christmas & birthdays are over, we're giving up sweets too. It's been three days UGH! There's a box of candy Mike bought me for Christmas it'll be my treat before Lent.  ;D  ... I hope you're feeling better.

Hi Eagles  We usually get snow this time of year. We had 2 feet three years ago. Last year we had quite a few of below 20 degreees days.

Kb, gorgeous albino moose. just awesome.

Oldguy, I bet your co-workers enjoyed the cookies. Thanks for links.

Good night!

\

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Clynn, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Pink, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee,Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Eagle's Mother and Kris, Lori and her grandma Clute, Puff, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Pink's mother, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Tim, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Clynn's friend Kay, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Eagle's Kris, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For NEFL Samson and Gabriella, Black Bear Ted, Lucy, Reggae, Taffy Apple, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, Eagles's Star, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  Juliet and Romeo, Lucy and Larry, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #910 on: January 24, 2023, 06:48:10 AM »

HI BEAKERS

28 heading to 40 and mostly cloudy.  Snow overnight?

BL   Cool maps  ;D

PHYL   Love the fox dive  ;D

LANI   There were 6 of us for the shawl gathering. 8 shawls turned in and always enjoy the show and tell.  ;D  Always lots of conversation  ;) ;)
Chicagoland

Phyl

« Reply #911 on: January 24, 2023, 07:05:34 AM »

Good Morning Everyone !

25F  foggy with wind advisory until 1-25 at 9pm gusts of 40-50 mpph .  Later, high of 51 F mostly sunny .  Evening/night  40F  with rain showers.

Hi Lilbro

Hi Karen, Pink, Nrstooge and bbgolden

Tsk luv the kooky owl; great shawl turn out---the Sees candy was a hit ?     40F with clouds isn't too bad a forecast

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #912 on: January 24, 2023, 07:06:12 AM »

Black Eagles of Roodekrans
Jan 23, 2023 9:48 AM
Camera Time: Jan 23, 2023 5:48 PM SAST

The nest