Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1009711 times)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #8880 on: September 08, 2023, 03:17:31 PM »

Beakers, I showed Kelsey all of the Birthday wishes and told her who each was from and what state you lived in! She was excited!  Thank you all, this is always a special day for her! She is out with Dad right now, seeing all of her friends at the thrift stores, she has been reminding all of them about her birthday, I am sure she will get some cards! She had a fun morning at the zoo!

I am trying to get all the presents wrapped now. I got the tie dye cupcakes iced, I will take a picture! They turned out pretty good! Again, thank you all for all the fun birthday wishes!

karen, ohmygoodness, more damage to be seen! You must have had an angel sitting on your house!

Puff, that is the same with Mom's front window, the one with the bird feeder on it. I have to clean it every time I go there!

tsk, Puff, I read that you really don't have to even boil it, just use your tap water as hot as you can get it. It said that as soon as the first hummer drinks it is contaminated. The heat is really to melt the sugar!  https://www.birdsandblooms.com/birding/birding-basics/sugar-water-101/#Do%20I%20Need%20to%20Boil%20Sugar%20Water%20For%20Hummingbirds?
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Puff

« Reply #8881 on: September 08, 2023, 03:30:28 PM »

PUFF   How is Mike?

Talked with him last night.  Sounded contemplative, determined, and thankful.  A bit of the maucho seems to have been stepped away from.  Great gratitute expressed for Julie (wife) and what she has been helping him with and doing for him.  Was so happy/proud that he took his own shower yesterday morning, sorta he said.

Don't want to be too much of a pest.  I'll keep up with the latest as best I can.

Can I give you  a buzz tonight?

P

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #8882 on: September 08, 2023, 03:35:31 PM »

Karen, you've been a busy bee! Glad you didn't have any damage at your place from the storms yesterday/last night. I saw lots of trees and homes damaged in Tallahassee from that same storm line, too!

Lisa and Clynn, yay for car repairs completed under warranty! And a refund for Clynn, too!

Puff, nice to get your big bay window spotless clean. Don't run into it!!   ;D  Just kidding!   ;)  LOL on entertainment from your neighbor's planters.  ;) :D

Lani and TSK, yep, LOL on Baby Bro's "For Real??" expression in that 3rd pic of the 1st set. Our family chuckles often about his hilarious facial expressions. He definitely wears his heart, and emotions of all kinds, on his sleeve.  ;) :-* :-*

« Last Edit: September 08, 2023, 03:39:07 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #8883 on: September 08, 2023, 03:35:44 PM »

PEACE! AND HAPPY 30th TIE-DYE BIRTHDAY, KELSEY!!!  :)   How does it feel to finally be older than your mother??  ;D ;D  I hope you have a fabulous day going to the zoo, and have lots of fun, treats, and presents!  :)

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

LisaG1967

« Reply #8884 on: September 08, 2023, 04:24:45 PM »

Lori - Love the pretty blue cake you posted for Kelsey.

E4E - Love your morning greeting.  Thanks, and Jeff is glad to have his own car back. 

oldguy - Thanks for info on Hurricane Lee, and good luck at car appointment.

karen - Jeff loves burnt ends. 

tig - Ohhhh, nice temps for you and the pups.

Puff - LOL, scaring the window washer guy!

clynn - Aww, so glad that Kelsey loved all her birthday greetings from the Beakers.  Can't wait to see her cupcakes.

baz - Waving to ya!

Have a good night, everyone!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8885 on: September 08, 2023, 04:33:28 PM »

KAREN   Boy you have had your share of rough weather.  You have a shield of protection around you.  ;D  that Piper - sleeping through it all  LOLOL

CLYNN  I think I remember that it doesn't have to boil but I just do it that way  :)  What a wonderful day for Kelsey!!  And now special presents and cupcakes to top it off.

PUFF  Going out for dinner with Barb and Tom - tomorrow might be better...We need to arrange a place mid way maybe for you to give me the coats  lunch?

LISA   Meant to say earlier - now don't go getting too close to any of those cats caught on the cam.  LOL
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #8886 on: September 08, 2023, 05:25:31 PM »

OK tsk   I'll call tomorrow afternoon? 

Enjoy the dinner and the company.  Easy on the desert ;D

P

karengramke

« Reply #8887 on: September 08, 2023, 06:01:17 PM »

Baz, damage I saw today was from the hurricane, not last night!   It is raining now! Piper has to go out but am hopeful tis will not be an all night affair!  I must have an angel over my house!  Lawn folks came today and in addition to a general mow and etc they moved a fairly good sized pile of debris from the back yard to the front so it can be picked up at some point! Folks say, Fema will pick it up!  Lol.  I have known a lot of folks who worked for Fema and never met one who picked up yard . Paid some bills!
Actually the county has hired some business with big black trucks and big grabbers who will do this!   Only 7 trucks tho.
Hope Kelsey enjoyed her dinner!  I am off to do a weather check!

kbshcb

« Reply #8888 on: September 08, 2023, 06:48:17 PM »

Well, that's pretty cool.....I was just reading on FB from all over the Twin Cities suburbs people asking about all the dragon flies......so, I just went out back with Ollie on a lead to do his last business for the night and I ran into gazillions of dragon flies.
Guess they are getting ready to migrate south.....was cool.

Unlike bird migration, the dragonflies that leave from the north are not the same individuals that return the following spring. Instead, their round-trip travels can require three generations: One that emerges from larva in the north—then migrates, breeds and dies in the south.

Oh BTW with all the natural and OTC remedies I've tried for bee stings.....good old fashioned ICE works the best to stop itching.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2023, 07:33:22 PM by kbshcb »

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #8889 on: September 08, 2023, 10:05:31 PM »

Tsk - We must be lucky, as we do not have wasps interfering with our hummer feeders!  We are having massive activity in our yard - 2 feeders. ;D

LisaG - I agree that Lizzie will ALWAYS be Lizzie.  I would have kept her sweet name the same.

OG - Good luck at your car appt.   Scary stuff with Hurricane Lee . . . .

Karen - I replace my hummer feeders with fresh 'nectar' twice a week, and it must be working because we are getting many hummers flying thru and going to the feeders!  We love them - they are so cute and we love to notice the different special colorings on each!  I like how Piper sleeps thru the storms!

Tig - Enjoy your sweet little pups (which I know you are)!!

Puff - You mention 'finches'.  We used to have tons of finches 3 years ago, and they have dwindled for some reason.  We just don't see them on nearby trees, wires, fences, branches.  Wonder why they have moved on. . . . .

Clynn - That is so nice that you take the time to show Kelsey her birthday wishes from everyone in the Beak!  A busy and fun day for All of you!!

Kb - I was out in my yard starting to cut & trim off spent blooms off the rose bush without my gloves and then I remembered your words to 'wear your gloves'!  So I went into my shed and quickly put my gloves on - I sure don't want to chance getting a bee sting!   How is your bee sting healing?

Baz - Cute birthday graphics for Kelsey! :)

Beakers have a good night.

BrokenLug

« Reply #8890 on: September 08, 2023, 10:53:15 PM »

A Non Lee forecast.
I'll stick with the NHC 3 Day Cone.
72 hours out.
Historical data indicate that the entire 5-day path of the center of the tropical cyclone will remain within the cone about 60-70% of the time.
It's the times they 'fall' outside of that cone that we watch ..

Today was totally wild otter day _ you know when you go Fishing, just sit, watch and chuckle.
Couldn't soulfully take a trout.  8)

Mom and Dad plus 2 going to town on the out flow.
U. S. A.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8891 on: September 09, 2023, 01:15:42 AM »

A successful night for the Kansas Jayhawks!  8)

Hi Beakers! I had an early long day of meetings and getting ready for a new year for our women's education organization.
I'm tired. It was nice seeing the ladies again and getting caught up.

Everyone posted beautiful birthday cards for Kelsey!  ;D

{{{Clynn}}} What a wonderful day you have planned for your girl. I hope Kelsey had a great time at the zoo and fun birthday celebration!  ;D ... well, you had a great day too! Glad your car is repaired and paid for, and you have a great contact the next time you're in need of help! The pool room is absolutely stunning.... I just read your post about making nectar for hummers.  I boil water in an electric pot everyday for tea and from that I make the nectar too...

Kb, very interesting history of our very tiny hummingbird.

Tsk, what type of wasp catcher? The wasps have stayed away from our feeder this year. I wonder why? I've seen them on the flowers.  ??? ... Enjoy your dinner out.

Phyl, I've made my own hummingbird nectar for years ... Here's the recipe from Audubon.  https://www.audubon.org/news/how-make-hummingbird-nectar  ... I see others have posted their recipes too.  ;D

Lisa, glad to hear your trail cam is active and busy! Pepe/family  ;D..... I bet Misty's former beau is one of those cats.  ;D

Lori, Yummy birthday cake for Kelsey.

Eagles, you should hear Sadie when she sees coyotes... and then somewhere a skunk had sprayed a critter, and she did not like the smell.  :-\ LOL!

Oldguy, yummy cupcake for Kelsey... I pray Lee stays out to sea. 

Karen, I'm so glad your home/yard faired a lot better. God bless. Glad you're getting out and taking care of things. Nothing seems to bother Piper. Sadie popped up at midnight and started barking. A coyote must have been near.

Baz fun birthday posts for Kelsey

BL,  :)

Good night!

Prayers for Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Karen and Piper, Paulie, Phyl and Jim, Eagle's mom, Tsk's friend Lynn & Husband and her DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Baz, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Tim and Tsk, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Eagle's Mom,Tsk friend Lynn's & husband and her DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Tig's Zeus, TRR Sloth Robin, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #8892 on: September 09, 2023, 06:25:37 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...Happy  Caturday!   

Currently 67F   High  84F  mostly sunny,  Low 65F. Pollen-high and humidity 75%

Prayers for: Lahaina and Kaanapali,  Maui, HI.    All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats.
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee and Successful recovery from  Hurricanes  Idalia  & Hilary.

OG and BL tks for the updates on Hurricane Lee. Hopefully Lee will keep to sea.

BL cute otter tale 

OG hope the auto repair went well

Lani congrats on the team win. 

KB it won't be long and your dragonflies will be Middle Tennessee and my backyard.  ;)

Karen Guardian Angel---No storm damage  ;)

CLynn sounds like Kelsey  had the best birthday ever---

Lisa was gonna ask about the trail cam and 'the' cats. Enjoy hearing about Pepe Le Pew and his family

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #8893 on: September 09, 2023, 06:26:41 AM »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

LisaG1967

« Reply #8894 on: September 09, 2023, 06:53:39 AM »

Good Morning Beakers.....It's Caturday!!!

tsk - Believe me, I am not getting too close to the trail cam cats.  I think Misty & Bandit would be very upset.  We have noticed that she is getting a lil protective of her home now that she is inside and spayed.  She does not like it when another cat is in the yard, and Bandit is the same way.   

karen - How nice that the lawn folks moved the pile of debris for you.   

kb - Very interesting about the dragonflies.  Good ole Ice.  LOL

E4E - I liked the name Lizzie, too. 

BL - Hopefully Lee will stay out in the Atlantic, and head North!

Lani - You had a busy day.  LOL, there is one cat out there that we think might have been Misty's former beau. 

Phyl - That is a beautiful kitty in your morning pic. 

We are off around 9am to head over to Bradley's to spend a few hours with Sydney. 
Catch up with you all when I return!