Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1009586 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #8865 on: September 08, 2023, 07:10:11 AM »

https://youtu.be/cUIRhGIbszw?t=5

Evolution of Hummingbirds...8 minutes of very interesting information.

Happy Friday all...and Happy Bird Day Kelsey

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8866 on: September 08, 2023, 07:22:34 AM »

PHYL   Of late I'm refilling the hummer feeder every 5 days.  Bulking up for migration  ;D   Sure do wonder how many of them actually make it all the way to Mexico.  I wish them well tho before release.  ;) ;)

KAREN  LOL  Cannot ever imagine Chicago as a retirement oasis.   :o

LANI   The wasps hadn't been around the hummer feeder all summer until about 2 weeks ago and I had to hang the wasp catcher which really works.  They are drawn to a juice mixture.  Now the hummers are free to feed.  :)

CLYNN  What a wonderful day planned for Kelsey  ;D  So funny about the monkeys - Boy 30 today  :o   Great - a woman contact at the dealer .So glad you got the refund and an $$$ project was under warranty .    Believe it or not I remember that pool at the Hearst castle.  Stunning
     I too like to be able to keep the door open to the porch.  Love sitting out there and watch nature pass by.

KB   What a fascinating piece about hummers.  Esp interesting the part about all the urine excretion!!!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2023, 07:32:53 AM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #8867 on: September 08, 2023, 07:36:59 AM »

Tsk actually time got away from me and it went nearly 'bone dry'. And, my order for colorless nectar is late!
               So Jim went out and bought 'a powder'  ::). Said  Lowe's was out and all they had. Blah!  Sometimes one
                uses what one can get her mitts on.  :)

KB tks for the video.  I saw this very  one  not long ago.

The leaves are starting to turn and temps beginning to cool---helps with the Autumn 'mood'.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

LisaG1967

« Reply #8868 on: September 08, 2023, 07:50:29 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

kb - Oh...jealous of your 63 temps, too!  Thanks for the piece on hummers.

Puff - That pic is a great idea for Punkin's family.

tsk - Yesterday was pretty hot.  I heard alot of thunder in the distance last night, but not a drop of rain here.  I see this morning, TWC app says, scattered thunderstorms during the evening.  We will see. 

Phyl - Thanks, and yes, Lizzie will always be Lizzie to me.   :D 

karen - Thanks, and I sure hope Lee stays away from the East coast.  I am waiting on BL or oldguy's forecast.  :D

Lani - Yea, we still have the trail cam in the backyard, and seeing Pepe' & family.  There have been 3 raccoons that have been visiting, along with the same ole cats. 

clynn - Sounds like a fun day planned for Kelsey.  Yes, another hot day.  Your car is fixed and that they refunded you...yay!  Beautiful pool!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KELSEY!!!!

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #8869 on: September 08, 2023, 08:06:13 AM »

« Last Edit: September 08, 2023, 08:13:54 AM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #8870 on: September 08, 2023, 09:18:57 AM »

high of 75 here today - meteorologist has cautioned for higher swells & rip currents through Sunday morning due to hurricane Jova 

Kb - No, my son is not a hunter, his german shorthair pointer is just his companion! ;D   Wow-a RT hawk in your backyard!!  Hope you are getting some relief from your itching due to bee sting.

Baz - Wonderful pics of your niece and family - cute littlest  G-niece hugging her baby bro! What a beautiful & fun vacay!! ;D

LisaG - Glad Jeff has his car back and good that the sunroof has a 2 yr warranty!

Puff - Great idea to Baz about the Banff sign picture being made into a Christmas card  :)

Phyl - We too have been having lots of activity with our hummers - we have 2 feeders in our backyard that hang across the yard from each other.  They are so fun to watch and give us so much joy!

Hi Karen  :)

Tig - Happy you have the pups again - I bet they love coming to see you & Camper  :)

Lani - I can imagine Sadie's excitement when the GHO stops by! Lol  :)

Clynn - What a fun birthday Kelsey will have today on her 30th!!!!  How wonderful that her helper is taking her to the Zoo - Lol - what you said about the Monkeys!  Wonderful dinner out at her favorite restaurant - all of you have a fantastic evening celebrating with gifts & dessert!!! ;D
Yaaay - so happy your hatchback got repaired on warranty and that they refunded your 'diagnostic' fee. ;D

Lori - Love the birthday post for Kelsey - fun, yummy & beautiful!

Hi Tsk  :)

Beakers have a nice day  :)

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #8871 on: September 08, 2023, 09:25:08 AM »

Happy 30th Birthday Kelsey!!

oldguy

« Reply #8872 on: September 08, 2023, 09:33:41 AM »

Happy Birthday Kelsey

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

oldguy

« Reply #8873 on: September 08, 2023, 09:39:20 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Here is the latest on Lee...
Hurricane Lee Rapidly Intensified From Category 1 To Category 5 Storm In 24 Hours   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVlj0M4aIHM

Heading out for a car appointment...
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8874 on: September 08, 2023, 10:34:09 AM »

PHYL   You really don't have to buy nectar.  Just bring to a boil in microwave 1 Cup of water and then stir in 1/4 C regular sugar - Stir til dissolved and and cool before putting in the container.  Mine takes a cup - If you make extra it will keep for a bit in the frig.

CLYNN   Hope Kelsey doesn't put on too much weight with all these beautiful cakes today   ;) ;)

OLDGUY   Lots of car appts lately   ;D   Boy, let's hope Lee stays out to sea and only waves for all these people to deal with - which could be awful in themselves but not like a full force hurricane.
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #8875 on: September 08, 2023, 11:06:53 AM »

Tsk, was going to tell Phyl
the same thing! Mix sugar and boiling water!  Fill mine every two to three days!  Sours in The heat!
Good news for car repairs!
Having microwave issues here!  Might have to use tge stove! Lol
Off to the seamstress and store this afternoon!

Happy Birthday Kelsey!  Have a fun day!
E4e, great am picture

I think Lee will blow out to sea!

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #8876 on: September 08, 2023, 12:28:15 PM »

some bounce
I was just sitting in the sun and 69 degrees with the pups and I saw a hummer flit through sampling various flowers. Nice.
BBL
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Puff

« Reply #8877 on: September 08, 2023, 12:46:37 PM »

Hummers busy little guys/gals.  Watched one 2 days ago relaxing on the patio.  Then about an hour ago checking out my kitchen bay - watched a busy, busy job being done on my next door neighbors patio planters.  I'll have to call them and thank them later for the entertainment.

Oooo, Oooo And I also scared the window washer guy - -That  same mentioned bay window is the real job to be done.  On the side of the house, he has to use a ladder to get at it (raised ranch) And Then - has to do a double clean job on the 3 panels because that is where I have 3 feeders, 2 hanging down from the overhang.  When the birds, especially the youngsters eat, especially the nyger, they spit the seed to  - I really don't know why they spit the empties shells.  But the messy flying empty shells stick like glue to the window panes.  Scrape and wash twice to get clean.  Not as many little/young finches left for this year.  Gone away practicing?

No hummers around at the time BUT  Swear on a stackof bibles - A RTH flew across the yard.   ;D   I yelled and the guy looked at me funny.  Gave him a quick explanation of whys:  Windows dirty why, yell why.

P

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8878 on: September 08, 2023, 01:28:09 PM »

PUFF   How is Mike?
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #8879 on: September 08, 2023, 02:40:08 PM »

Back from getting two pair of pants I had hemmed, a pound of very thin sliced low sodium ham at Publix and  ribs and burnt ends from the bbq place!   I am set for a while!  On the trip to Publix we drove thru an area I had not been too.  Lots and lots of serious tree damage and a lot of blue tarps!  Car damage on my street!
Had storms last night and early this am.  Loud thunder and bright lightening.  Enough to wake me up but Pioer snored through it! Light stuff expected tonight!