Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1009585 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #8850 on: September 07, 2023, 01:55:46 PM »

CLYNN   Nowadays Stanley would still work... ::) ::)   Sweater weather - only 69 at 1:45.   So the fix is in on your hatch?

LISA  Beautiful fall pic this AM

KB   You usually don't see the real beauty of starlings..We also use After Bite as Lani mentioned

LORI   As always you brighten my day.  ;D  That coffee looks right up my alley  ;)

LANI   Wonder if the albatross chicks ever gossip  LOLOL

BAZI    Thanks for noticing my "oops"  ;) ;)   Oh my gosh -What an amazing trip for for your niece's family.  I've been there - outstanding as we can see from the pics.  Cute bro and sis hug pics.  ;D
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #8851 on: September 07, 2023, 02:05:08 PM »

Wowzer:
Was in the kitchen getting ready to start some BLT's and saw Ollie man flush a huge red tail hawk out of my back yard ash tree.....twas a bark with a little trepidation in fact....I only saw it fly off as I went to investigate his noise..

LisaG1967

« Reply #8852 on: September 07, 2023, 02:29:48 PM »

kb - Wow, that is a drastic change in the temps!  Is the bee sting feeling better? 

Lori - How are ya doing, girl?  Mmm, the Dalgona coffee sounds delicious.  I will take one, please!

Lani - Thanks for the Royal update.  All seems ok with Jeff's repair on sunroof.  I had the service advisor open and close it a few times, and thank goodness there is a 2 year warranty on the work that was done.  So, if it breaks again, it can go back to be fixed.

baz - Wonderful vacay pics of Punkin and Baby Bro.  Love Baby Bro's facial expression in 3rd pic...1st set.   ;D

tsk - Thank you  :-*  I am jealous of your 69 temps.  The real feel here is 105°  :o

kbshcb

« Reply #8853 on: September 07, 2023, 02:46:03 PM »

Lisa - new skin is helping with the bee sting...my favorite OTC product btw....looked but couldn't find the after bite.....that does NOT mean it isn't somewhere in my house however.
New skin or liquid bandage is the kicker right now.

BTW, it's only 63 degrees right now. I anticipate needing to use the same attire as last night tonight.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2023, 02:48:20 PM by kbshcb »

Puff

« Reply #8854 on: September 07, 2023, 03:26:11 PM »

baz  My nominee for best pic of the day, maybe even the week.  Someone had a good eye and a good plan for the Banff sign!  Especially too since they're all in the shot; my first thought was it would be a sensational Christmas card.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8855 on: September 07, 2023, 06:30:40 PM »

KB   That RTH is saying his prayers tonight!  We have liquid bandage too but never thought about using it on a sting.

LISA   Pretty warm for you guys - It was blessedly cool today.  These are the kind of days when you say " I think we have seen the last of the heat"  LOL  ::)
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #8856 on: September 07, 2023, 07:36:17 PM »

Starlings.  ::) They're a bother back here And our  neighbors often shoot them.
About mid afternoon,while in the kitchen,  heard a 'tap-tap-tap' on the deck doors. Glanced out  and  what did I see? Two hummers hovering. One flew to the '
feeder and gave it a 'jab' and looked up in my direction, jabbed the feeder again...flew back to hover with it's buddy. I took the hint and mixed up more  clear
nectar and refilled the red glass feeder---rehung it. ;) 

Right now 74F clear skies.

CLynn how's the hatchback repair?  Tks for sharing  Pat Burke's  Sydney Sea Eagle  eaglets. Oh my the pair have grown!  :-* Sweetheart frame is great.

Tsk truth be known I bet you populate a many state area with your Monarchs.  ;)

Lisa pretty flowers this am; Lizzie will always be 'Lizzie'.

Hi Lori  what an animal menagerie .     :-*       And all those baked goodies! :)

Lani always enjoy the Royal Albatross Report-    I hope there are snaps of Manaaki and Q-Chick fledging. 'Baby fuzz'   ;D

Baz  Great Vaca photos of  Lil Punkin and BabyBro
                and family.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

karengramke

« Reply #8857 on: September 07, 2023, 07:57:31 PM »

Good evening beakers!   I use Benadryl for things that itch! 
Had out door water rationing here for several years.  Odd/even as has been posted but with assigned days! As I recall the hours were after midnight and off early, early, am so there was no ir little competition with household use.  I set the sprinkler system to come on about 4am.  Soon after it finished tge sun came up and dried the leaves.  I still water at that time!
Baz, great pictures!   Love that red hair!
Lisa, great picture this am!   Hoping Lee dies an easy natural death in the ocean and spares all of tge east coast.
Clynn, how is your car?  Maybe you have already said and I missed it.
Tsk, great temperatures!  Could turn Chicago into a retirement oasis!
Rths. They are quite numerous in South Georgia!  I see the making lazy circles in the sky daily!  Looking for dinner!
Lori, thanks for all the treats!
Phyl, filled my feeder yesterday and have some in the fridge for tomorrow!
Hope all have a great  night.  Good to see all.  Seds

Phyl

« Reply #8858 on: September 07, 2023, 11:42:01 PM »

Sending a "Good Night' with SEDs  to Everyone !

Sauces bald eagle cam

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8859 on: September 08, 2023, 12:24:02 AM »

Baz Oh my, Lil Bro is almost as tall as his pretty big sis! And he definitely looks like his dad. Beautiful family and area, you can tell the two siblings are very close....  I can't stop giggling over 3rd pic of Lil Bro less than happy grin with parents - Waterfall. LOL!  ;D ... Thanks for sharing.  :)

Tig, thanks for sharing the map, I checked on the Bear Center in Ely, and they are in yellow. I'm sorry about the drought situation.... thinking of little Zeus and Rosie. I hope for a good night for all of you.

Kb, Glad the RTH and Ollie is okay.... there is a GHO that stops by and stares at Sadie. It drives the Pinion Jays crazy and Sadie starts barking.... glad the liquid bandage is working.

Lisa,YAY! Glad all is well with Jeff's car! Does he still run the nature cam? Any Pepe sightings?

Phyl, we have hummers too, we enjoy watching one particular bugger chase off other hummers. Poor guy never has time to take a sip, he's too busy chasing others away.

SED Karen, Eagles, Tsk  :)

Prayers for Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Karen and Piper, Paulie, Phyl and Jim, Eagle's mom, Tsk's friend Lynn & Husband and her DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Baz, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Tim and Tsk, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Eagle's Mom,Tsk friend Lynn's & husband and her DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Tig's Zeus, TRR Sloth Robin, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8860 on: September 08, 2023, 12:28:15 AM »

Happy birthday Kelsey! Best wishes for a fantastic day and year! 🥳

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #8861 on: September 08, 2023, 02:26:16 AM »

Kelsey...

Sending lots of warm wishes for a wonderful birthday. Many happy returns today and through out the year .

Sauces bald eagle cam

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #8862 on: September 08, 2023, 06:26:03 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

It's a tie dye day! Finally the day we have been reminded of for the last several weeks! Kelsey is 30 today! She is so excited! Sarah, her job coach /helper is taking her to the zoo today for her birthday, I told her not to get too close to the monkeys, they might want her to live with them! LOLOL, she thinks that is so funny! Erin and family are meeting us and we are having dinner at The Machine Shed, her choice. Then we'll all come back here to the tie dye decorated dining area for tie dye cupcakes and vanilla ice cream. And she will open her presents!

Lani, hummers are little fighters, that's for sure. I have also watched and agree that they spend more time running each other off than they do eating! Little birds are mean to each other in general, they don't like any other bird around when they are eating, I have really noticed this watching the window feeder at Mom's! Love the good night pic! Love watching the Albatross chicks gather and clack! Prayers for our bears during the awful hunting season...

Phyl, I was surprised, the dealership called me around 2:00 and said my car was done! Usually I have to call them and check on the progress. When I went in the Service area one guy was on the phone and I saw there was a girl at the next station, so I rushed over to her! Long story short, she refunded me the $85 they had charged me previously for diagnostic testing on the hatchback issue that found nothing wrong. The repair today was the $980 job on the hatchback (covered by warranty). She will be my person there from now on, she said just ask for her!

tsk, yes, it was cool yesterday! I put on long pants to take my car to the shop yesterday morning! 82 high for today! It's so nice to have windows open, and I love being able to leave the sliding door open to the deck, it's like having another living area! I have had the same thought as you, easy to imagine the albatross chicks all gossiping in their little circle, maybe because they seem like they are whispering!

Lisa, looks like you are having another hot one today, but a cooldown is coming! Looks like we might get some rain early next week! Glad Jeff's car is fixed, we are both happy campers!

baz, love the pictures of Lil' Punkin's family on their adventure! What a sweet family! Lil' Bro is sure a handsome little guy, and it's easy to tell how they love each other a lot!

Lori, thanks for all the cute critters and yummy goodies! Hugs for you and Destini!

Many call it the most beautiful pool in history. Azure Blue indoor pool at Hearst Castle, completed 1934.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2023, 06:48:01 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8863 on: September 08, 2023, 07:05:10 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELSEY.  HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY WITH ALL YOUR FAVORITE THINGS

Chicagoland

Phyl

« Reply #8864 on: September 08, 2023, 07:09:27 AM »

Currently 66F  we'll have a High  83F sunny,  Low 65F  humidity 83% with a high pollen count 
Good Morning Everyone. 

CLynn
sounds like Kelsey will have a super-duper birthday  and celebration. Everyone will have lots of fun. 
Dealership: wow! a refund that's really cool. A rarity in this day. And, you have a contact person to rely upon.  ;)
Saw the pool room at Hearst Castle --jaw dropping.

Karen
No RTHAs---but we  spot a few RSHAs here in Middle Tennessee. Haven't seen many in the last few years though.

Tig how's Zeus this Am? You?  I took a peek at your draught map... :(

Prayers for :Lahaina and Kaanapali,  Maui, HI ;All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee and Successful recovery from  Hurricanes Idalia  & Hilary;

« Last Edit: September 08, 2023, 07:11:57 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam