Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1013251 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #885 on: January 23, 2023, 05:17:21 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Phyl - I think that was a cappuccino.  ;)  Very cool pic last night, as tsk said, it does look like an eye. Great pics from the RRP cams. 

tig - LOL, silly squirrel.

E4E - We did have a nice weekend.  Jeff had got another Lego set this week, and decided to put it together.  He got a Double Decker Bus.  Hope you and Kris had a nice weekend, too.

Lani - Sweet pup in your good night pic!

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #886 on: January 23, 2023, 05:40:25 AM »

Good Morning Everyone !

36 F  and partly cloudy .  High of47 F .  Evening/night 26F .

Hi Lilbro

Hi Karen, Pink, Nrstooge, bbglolden

Lani nice memories. Ditto on the Sunbeam bonnet hair dryer—Mom got hers with S&H green stamps. Awww. Sweet puppy last night

Tsk . A couple of places listed for the stairway ---Belltower stairs in Verona Italy and you suggestion. I know isn’t the photo just awesome

Lisa nice Lego recreation by Jeff

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #887 on: January 23, 2023, 05:43:22 AM »

News for those of us who use AMAZONSMILE to donate to RAPTOR RESOURCE PROJECT.  If this has been previously posted (I didn't see it) I am sorry.

AmazonSmile will go away 20 February 2023.  https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2023/01/19/amazon-discontinues-amazonsmile-donation-program-layoffs/11080565002/

Those of us who used AmazonSmile to donate to RRP will just have to up our regular donations.

This had been posted in 'Decorah Eagles' thread yesterday by Johnny. Thought I'd share here.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #888 on: January 23, 2023, 05:50:46 AM »

Decorah North Eagles
Jan 23, 2023 5:48 AM
Camera Time: Jan 23, 2023 5:48 AM CST

L to R
Mr. North and DNF

Sauces bald eagle cam

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #889 on: January 23, 2023, 06:29:41 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

12 right now, high 32 for today. Hopefully some sun this afternoon!

Phyl, lovely tea this morning, cake and pie! Yum! I hated seeing the Amazon announcement and I don't believe their reasoning for discontinuing it. It's kind of lame, to say that it didn't have the impact they had hoped for... The Norths are close together this morning, so sweet! What a great picture of the  deer sleeping near the North Nest. What a beautiful hummingbird!

Lisa, Jeff has a new passion for Lego models!  Love that bus, he will probably work on it all week! 

Lani, my Sunbeam hairdryer was the hooded kind, Cathy and I each had to have one so there would be no arguments! Mine was blue, hers was white. I am sure this is how you dried your hair whilst making breakfast!  ;D ;D

SWFL - Peekaboo little ones! 😍

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Puff

« Reply #890 on: January 23, 2023, 07:26:19 AM »

tsk  Just checking up on our local weather. . .

Local TV stations say there was 1 1/2 in. of snow yesterday.  What!

I had flakes but grass stayed green and cement stayed gray.  How about you?

Even had about 3 min(?) of sunshine.  LOL

P

Puff

« Reply #891 on: January 23, 2023, 07:37:49 AM »

Uhhh - someone's not getting the message. Sure got my attention-came running but no dice.   :(

P

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #892 on: January 23, 2023, 08:02:13 AM »

23  heading to 33. Wind chill feels like 13  May get a peak of sun?

LISA  Will just look at that cupcake and dream.  Trying to keep all sweet stuff out of the house.  Still have a box of Sees Truffles - given as a gift.
Have a shawl meeting this AM and plan to make that box disappear  LOL   Jeff is now hooked  LOL  Amazing what those kits can create.  From a distance, it doesn't even look like Legos

PHYL  A very decadent tea time.  I had gotten notice from Amazon about stopping their "Smile" program.  Mine went to RRP.  It had made giving so easy.  Wonder how much RRP made in total off that program.  ???

CLYNN  Awful lots of sweets this AM     Cute "good morning"  :)   Mom's hair dryer was the second pic.  Exact color too  LOL

PUFF  Maybe 1/2 to 3/4  inch here and was all gone of streets and sidewalks by noon.  Some still partially covering lawns.  Was pretty. Didn't see any sun up here.  :(
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #893 on: January 23, 2023, 09:11:13 AM »

Good morning all.

eagles4 - yes I thoroughly enjoyed watching the game with snow..
We have had that much snow many many days already this season...at a time.
Hence:
my snow pile just from my smaller upper deck....it's taller than myself around the corner...I'm still downstairs but my front piles are just as tall. and, it ain't going anywhere anytime soon!

Have had one heck of a time getting out side from my dining room attached to my outdoor screened porch. The gutters are frozen with snow on top of my house roof I can't remove because of my mast..electric pole.
So it's been dripping and freezing ice on my outdoor carpet...have actually been putting safe paw ice melt on the carpet right outside the door and inside the porch to try to melt....nada so far. I wear my yaktrax in and out when I grill....too much grief to do it again.

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #894 on: January 23, 2023, 09:11:24 AM »

Kb - Very interesting story & picture of 'Met Stadium' - fascinating history - thanks so much!

Lani - It definitely was a great football day yesterday!

LisaG - Looks like Jeff is acquiring a new hobby! ;D  Love the bus - I bet Jeff had fun with it! :) ;D 

Phyl - Yummy morning gif - makes me hungry!  I remember my Mom using S&H green stamps!   I was aware of 'Amazon Smile' going to close out the program soon.  All along, we supported 'SOAR' (Saving Our Avian Resources).  I do send RRP & SOAR donations during the year.    Like the Decorah North pic!

Clynn - Like the pics of the Sunbeam hair bonnets and the story of you & your sister having your own! ;D  Great SWFL pic!

Puff - Glad you got about 3 minutes of sunshine yesterday! :)

Tsk - Hope your pain is subsiding a bit each day.  Is Lulu still crawling up with one of you each night? :)

Oldguy - Hope your birthday was a good one even though you had to work.

Hi Tig, Baz, Lori  :)

All Beakers have a nice day.

kbshcb

« Reply #895 on: January 23, 2023, 09:18:00 AM »

eagles4 - Yes, and I saw the Beatles play in that stadium also in 1965....some peeps still yearn for those days of outdoor football and concerts.

LisaG1967

« Reply #896 on: January 23, 2023, 10:41:19 AM »

Morning Puff and all  :)

Phyl - Ohhh, to be able to have cake and pie for breakfast again...that is my kinda breakfast.   :D

clynn - Yea, I think he does.  He was just telling me this morning that the next one he was going to get was either the Ghostbuster mobile, or the James Bond Aston Martin car. Aww, the SWFL kiddos are getting big already!

tsk - Awww, I was willing to trade you the cupcake for the box of See's.  ;D  I am sure your shawl meeting will love the candies.

kb - Yikes that is alot of snow, and be careful when you go out! 

E4E - He did have fun putting it together, oh and no cussing.  ;D

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #897 on: January 23, 2023, 11:44:52 AM »

Bearstudy - Celebrating the Birthdays of Hope, Fern, and Herbie - UPDATE January 22, 2023

https://www.bearstudy.org/updates/daily-updates/4710-celebrating-the-birthdays-of-hope-fern-and-herbie-update-january-22-2023.html

Lily and Hope 3/27/10

Jewel in den on 10-22-11

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

It's been snowing since 3am, we have 3 inches so far  :) .. Sadie gave me a good run this morning. She was so excited, fresh snow and animal footprints to sniff to her hearts content, but not mine! LOL!

Royal Albatross ~ Adorable Closeups Of L Feeding Her Chick! ♥ Ranger Theo Weight Check 1.23.23 by Lady Hawk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kos1HAbFkAE

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #898 on: January 23, 2023, 01:22:17 PM »

Believe it or not we have had intermittent bouts of sunshine today. A miracle.  If you blink you might miss it.

KB   Cool albino moose.  YA  I see your problem - Where do you put the snow.

EAGLES  Like the AM pic  ;D  Well after 2 nights gracing me with her presence at night she is back to Tim's bed  LOLOL

LISA   Got rid of the box of Sees.  I had had about 6 of them since Xmas so now 3 at the table split the rest!! LOL

LANI   Awww, those were the days of watching Hope Fern and Herbie.  Thanks for the reminder. ;D   Nice albatross link  Love how Theo weighs it,
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #899 on: January 23, 2023, 01:56:33 PM »

Whew, once again I praise God I am alive.

Ollie and I ventured out for our walk....all north/south roads are solid ice with barely any tar showing..cars have now made foot high grooves with barely any traction even with yaktrax on...hills, east/west roads are better...I did ask for them to be taken on as a priority....guess now I have to mention ALL roads?

So stressful this season....it's hard to put into words.