Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1009458 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #8835 on: September 07, 2023, 06:46:16 AM »

{{{Tig}}} so happy all had a good night.  It helps  with pups,   meds being on the same 'schedule'. It there's not enough rain---ration water alright. Take care
                 everybody get lots of rest.

BL see you as being a seasoned outdoors couple and all. Hoping Hurricane Lee will keep to the ocean.  Know you both will keep ourselves 'safe' in the days ahead.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2023, 06:50:03 AM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8836 on: September 07, 2023, 06:49:10 AM »

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE

In the 60's all day today  :)

BL  Another exciting adventure with bears.  Couldn't tell if they saw you both or not...

LANI    And those monarchs could be mine - you just never know  ;) ;)

PHYL   Funny sign that kingfisher ignored LOL    Hopeful CRISPR experiment     Sprite - So much to learn about this planet.  Flyway looks beautiful and haunting

TIG   We always have watering restrictions in place in my town..even address on even days etc.
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #8837 on: September 07, 2023, 06:56:10 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, haunting good night picture... I think the older we get the more we enjoy going back in time and remembering little things that touched us... We had a cat named Stanley when I was in High School, He didn't drive the car but Stanley had 7 kittens (her name was officially changed to Stanleyetta)! Oh did we love on those kittens, and we found homes for all of them!

BL, what a treat, to watch bear cubs play!

E4E, hope you get a good report at your appointment!

tsk, another nice day today, a bit warmer at 78 for the high. Are you getting the nice temps? I thought the same thing when Lani mentioned the Monarchs!

Phyl, I always feel good after a hair trim, do you get that when you cut your own hair?  ;D  The Flyway looks peaceful... What a cute good morning picture! Will read the articles after I take my car in to the dealership this morning!

oldguy, can't believe Christmas stuff is coming out already, but I don't know why I say that, it happens every year! As soon as July is over the Halloween stuff is out, gotta keep those candy aisles filled with the candy of the season!

tig, prayers for Zeus...

Sydney Sea Eagle Cam - Pat Burke

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LisaG1967

« Reply #8838 on: September 07, 2023, 07:38:46 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

A quick hello before I head out to pick up Jeff's car, and maybe do a lil shopping before I come back home.

oldguy - I need to check out your work website for some blowmold Christmas decorations.  I bought some a couple years ago, and I need a few more.   :)

kb - Is that a sudden change in temps for you?

karen
- Sounds like like of tree damage, thank goodness you were spared. 

Phyl - Stewie and Ziva are getting along good. Pretty Flyway pic. 

E4E - Good luck with your annual check-up!

Lani - Jeff will be happy to have his car back too.  I have already been instructed to make sure the service advisor opens and closes the sunroof, just to make sure it is working properly. 

tsk - Ohhh, nice temps!  I will have one of those with my coffee, thank you.  :D

clynn - Good luck with your car at dealership this morning!

kbshcb

« Reply #8839 on: September 07, 2023, 08:13:55 AM »

Lisa - yes, a dramatic change in temps...from around 100 to last night in the 50's with high's in the low 60's.....

Eagles4 - awe, a German Shorthair!..I thought I always wanted one...cause they are so attractive to look at....good I didn't, as they require lots of activity...does your son hunt?..or just a family dog?

My bee sting doesn't hurt, just intense itchiness...and you all know the more you itch it the itchier it gets!
Swollen now from scratching all night long even with multiple sprays of Bactine....
Will still mow the back yard sometime today in preparation for grass seed dropping maybe Saturday. It might rain Saturday night, LOL....so they say...

A starling..

and an unusual murmuration:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1698226304074543584

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #8840 on: September 07, 2023, 10:59:48 AM »

Dalgona coffee, also known as whipped coffee, is the layered South Korean drink that is taking the internet by storm. This version, made with instant powdered espresso, is inspired by the flavors of Tiramisu and served with crisp savoiardi cookies on the side...
« Last Edit: September 07, 2023, 11:09:18 AM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8841 on: September 07, 2023, 12:07:37 PM »

Royal Albatross cam 9/7

Yesterday's neighborly interactions.
Manaaki and his neighbors UQ chick and Q chick
Click the YT link to see what Manaaki does.

Manaaki doesn't seem pleased with the neighboring albatross chicks. I'll miss their antics! LOL! ;D
Royal Albatross Chick "Manaaki" Claps Bill At Encroaching Neighbors
https://youtube.com/watch?v=emp6NRPy3GM&t=1s

Q Chick's under wing feather changes

Neighbor Quarry Chick has lost most of its baby fuzz

Manaaki's feathers are more defined now, and losing the baby fuzz, soon he will fledge. I'll miss him.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1699547382151835720

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Hi Lori, Sweet pics, love the goodies, the coffee would have me bouncing all day. LOL!....  I think about your grandmother often, prayers for you both and Destini.  :-*

{{{Kb}}} sorry I missed your post about a bee sting. I hate the itchiness of any bite, let alone a bee sting. Have you tried "After Bite" roll-on? It works for us, especially on these noseeums that live in our forest soil. UGH! Benadryl spray may help too. but, After Bite works best for us. Instant relief and heals spot...  Geez, I'm itching now just thinking about it.... feel better soon and enjoy your temps.

Lisa, talon's crossed all is well with the car and enjoy a little shopping too!  ;D

Clynn, "Stanleyetta"  ;D :-* ... absolutely love the miniature village  :-* ... sweet post of the Sea Eaglets, beautiful with full crops!  :-* ... good luck with the car.

Tsk, nice temps for you today! Enjoy!  :)

Tig, glad you and pups had a good night... sorry about water ration. I pray rain comes your way.

Phyl, awesome Flyaway pic, Fall is approaching  :) ... thanks for LiveScience links.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2023, 04:06:56 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

T40cfr403

« Reply #8842 on: September 07, 2023, 12:29:45 PM »

BL - Outstanding bear story! LOL! I'm just relieved to know they ran into you guys instead of some knucklehead yahoos! ;D
Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

kbshcb

« Reply #8843 on: September 07, 2023, 12:34:45 PM »

Lani - oh great idea and I know I have some After Bite roll on somewhere!....it's a matter of finding it now...will look.

Oh those teenagers....the albatross chicks that is....I too will miss them when they are gone.

Mowed and dropped seed, over seeding, plus some bare spots in back.....now have to buy more for the front. Out temps are about right for over seeding now...gotta sprinkle later and pray for rain on Saturday.

We have had a no watering ban for years but it's the hours...nothing between 11 and 4.....I am allowed to use my soaker hoses anytime...and hand water...just no lawn sprinklers...the "idea" being there won't be so much evaporation during mid day hours...hmm, I dunno....I don't like it but I comply. I'm pretty smart about not wasting water myself, we have multiple full aquifers of our own, and at the end of the month all restrictions are gone..
tig - seems kind of late in the season to just now enforce water rules, no?

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #8844 on: September 07, 2023, 12:37:21 PM »

CLYNN   I watched that series Bones when it first ran.  :)   Boy, that house is a real time capsule!!!   Missing parcel and lamp - Great ones  ;D ;D

BAZI   Those little 3rd grade angels - How sweet.  I think they look great!!

TIG   Awww  Lil Zeus giving you comfort and getting some in return  :-*

OLDGUY   Wow, that first ever 1928 video of Appalachian music.  :o   Nice Jimmy buffet story

KAREN   You are blessed for sure as you were so worried about your pines falling.

TSK, thanks. But, LOL, only 2 of them are 3rd grade... the other 2 started Kindergarten last week!  ;) :D
 Not that you should notice, or remember, but I feel obliged to mention it.  ;)

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #8845 on: September 07, 2023, 12:39:37 PM »

Tsk, pines were what are lining the street!   Still plan to revaluate many of mine when I can get a local tree guy with some time!   Now is not the time!

Karen, I'm not surprised at all there was so much tree damage around you. And I am so glad that none fell on your house, car, or yard! Amazing, really!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2023, 01:07:02 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #8846 on: September 07, 2023, 01:05:39 PM »

Here in NY now wow weather.

We love when all the have to get back to education types exit the North Woods.

- a mother black bear and her three cubs shadowed us for a while .. we was using their trail after all -

We pulled our trail boots over and glassed them 3 cubs frolicking for hours as they enjoyed the living shit out of that mountain.

Mom was like would you 3 idiots just keep up and just get on with lesson # 33  HONEY.

Needless to say walking into camp late     8)

BL, oh, that all sounds wonderful!! :)  Some back to education types have not.  ;)

My niece, her husband, and their 2 kids (my Littlest Greatniece and her Baby Bro)... a few days ago... many different hikes and sights lots of places in Banff National Park - Banff and Jasper and points between.  ;) :D
« Last Edit: September 11, 2023, 03:12:54 PM by baziunc »

baziunc

« Reply #8847 on: September 07, 2023, 01:18:02 PM »

some bounce
Hmmm.. I just saw on the news we will be under watering restrictions beginning today. First I've heard of it. Need to water on days associated with our address.
We had a peaceful night and giving meds went well last night. The pups and I have the same schedule. Up for bathroom and back to snuggle nap.  8)
BL... stay safe
BBL

(((Tig, Zeus)))

baziunc

« Reply #8848 on: September 07, 2023, 01:31:25 PM »

Lori, thanks for that yummy special S. Korean coffee! I want one!  :D

KB, yeah, hate that itching with insect stings and bites! An oral antihistamine (such as Benadryl) usually works for me.

Waving to All the Beakers!  :)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)