Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1013671 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #795 on: January 20, 2023, 11:01:25 AM »

((Phyl)) - Thinking of you on this day.

E4E - Enjoy your luncheon and seeing old friends  :)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #796 on: January 20, 2023, 11:02:09 AM »

Mom...

'Together in the same old way.
Would be my dearest wish today."

I was there at 5:30am in  2014.
I listened and watched for days as you slowly left this world.
And, entered a new world without me.

:'( :'( :'(

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #797 on: January 20, 2023, 12:14:40 PM »

LANI    Awww that sweet baby.  :)

CLYNN   Funny hen  :o.   Sometimes what we don't know about popular musicians is that they wrote so many songs that made other vocalists so popular and never at that time got recognized for it.  What a coup for the Bronx Zoo in the birth of the baby  - cuteness - tree kangaroo :)  I think grits do taste like cream of wheat . So I put fruit in it and eat it for breakfast.  Tim loves grits.

EAGLES  Have a fun lunch.  :)

PHYL  Nice  memory of Mom :(
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #798 on: January 20, 2023, 02:57:24 PM »

bounce

((Phyl))
E4E - hope you had fun!
Thanx for the eagle pics folks...

Just got back from using a gift card at a local "fav"... we both had egg salad sammies and bowls of soup. Mine was on cranberry wild rice bread and I had cream of sweet potato soup with mini marshmallows! Oink...  I'm making white chicken chili for sm. supper tonite and tomorrow. Luckily I had a good workout in the pool this a.m. and a half hour shoveling snowplow ice remnants from the driveway.

TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #799 on: January 20, 2023, 04:46:49 PM »

When a robin thinks it's an Eagle!

Rick Chasin posted this pic in MN of a robin catching a fish at a local pond.

kbshcb

« Reply #800 on: January 20, 2023, 04:49:08 PM »

Ron Carlson posts this pic of eagles at the Mississippi River today.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #801 on: January 20, 2023, 04:55:26 PM »

{{{Phyl}}}  :)
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #802 on: January 20, 2023, 05:02:11 PM »

some bounce

Nice pics KB...

Helicopter has been circling for an hour after a shooting just a half mile from us at a technology magnet school.  >:(  And the shooting a few days ago was at a rec. center I had considered/visited a couple of years ago when I was looking for an alternative pool. Yipes.  :o

SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LisaG1967

« Reply #803 on: January 20, 2023, 05:53:38 PM »

tsk - Love egg salad sammies.  A circling helicopter can be frightening.  Be safe.

kb - That is an awesome pic of the eagles, and the robin.

tsk - I love grits, especially with lots of butter and salt. 

Have a good night, everyone!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #804 on: January 20, 2023, 06:28:43 PM »

TIG   Sounds like you earned that delicious lunch!!  Bread sounded really interesting as well as mini marshmallows in your soup  :o

KB     Love the "eagle" robin   ;) ;)  Great eagle shots  :)

Did I read on FB today that one of the SWFL babies may have some eye trouble - Any update?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 06:32:17 PM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

Phyl

« Reply #805 on: January 20, 2023, 07:05:18 PM »

Ladies thank you so much for the kind wishes  for my mom's  passing .And most of all the {{{}}}. I love getting them and giving them.

I woke up this AM without a thought untill I pulled our sheets out of the dryer, they were this wonderful warm  I just wrapped them around me as I walked to the bedroom---and that reminded me of when I''d be home from school sick w/ pneumonia and my mother would have  me bathe while she put fresh sheets
on my bed, I get in and those sheets would warm my very heart and soul.  She'd tuck me in , pull the make shift  steam tent over my bed , tell me to close my eyes and rest.
Any way I lost it while making our bed ---just bent over the bed and buried my face in the sheets...'   :)

Clynn   chicken what a far-out AM greeting. Nice trib to Dave Crosby---timeline photos are good
Luv the munchkin photos.    Matschie's tree-kangaroo is adorable. I sure hope they can save the speicies. Tks for sharing 

Lisa thank  you for remembering about my mom  :-*. Bandit is one lucky fella two condos. I lit a prayer candle to Sts. Francis and Catherine for BBKitty and the other feral cats that have crossed the Beakrooms floors.

Eagles how was your coworkers retirement luncheon?  Bet it seemed like old times for awhile anyway.

Tsk  :-*    Maggie meows to Lulu. First time I ate grits was in 1975 Fayetteville, SC  with Richard at a church bus ministery breakfast on Sunday  included fried eggs and country ham in biscuts and white pepper gravy. Lots of coffee.

Tig eggsalad sands are one of the best. Cream of sweet potatoe soup w/ marshmellows, was it very 'sweet' tasting? Sounds delish and satisfying. So does your dinner.

KB tks for shairng the robin and eagles today. Great photos. 

Lani on that hatchiling albatross looks cold---I know they probably have warming light or something like that above it though. Just those damp feathers ...gonna be growing into that famous bill.  :-*  Thanks for the report and all.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #806 on: January 20, 2023, 07:07:35 PM »

'Good Evening' and 'Good Night' everyone!

Sauces bald eagle cam

blschue

« Reply #807 on: January 20, 2023, 09:33:36 PM »

Last weekend I went up north for a funeral. A couple of years ago the guy I considered my big brother passed and I didn't go up for his service because I was afraid I'd fall apart. Anyway I went to his son's funeral. Just 54 years old and had corticobasal degeneration. What a horrible thing to have.

I went to the eye doctor again yesterday. The cataract lenses I got last fall are cloudy so I'm having a laser procedure to remedy that. Maybe I'll finally have good eyesight.

A few stupid things I've done recently..... Got a dvd recorder to make copies of home videos for my granddaughter. It was on the table when I was putting Christmas stuff away and now I can't find the power cord. I've looked in the Christmas totes and didn't find the cord. Bought a new tracphone to use my landline number and get rid of the landline... I locked myself out of the phone.

The snowbanks are getting so high it is hard to see if somebody is coming.

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #808 on: January 20, 2023, 09:34:41 PM »

LisaG - Lol! Bandit wanted his condo back! ;D  I am a lot like your mother in that when I go to a Hotel, I stay at one that has at least one restaurant, pool, hot tub, and room service.  Then, I don't need to leave for anything, unless we want to go wine tasting, shopping, or something else!
Phyl - Much love & hugs for you on this anniversary day of your Mom. {{Phyl}}  Awe, A Mother's love . . . . . :-*
Tsk - The only thing I like on grits is butter!
Tig - Yummy lunch!
Kb - wow, that pic of a Robin catching a fish!! ::) Amazing.  Scary about all the helicopter action going on around there. :o

I did have a wonderful time at the retirement luncheon today for a co-worker!!  So fun to see everyone again. ;D

Everyone have a good night. 

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #809 on: January 20, 2023, 09:47:33 PM »

1/21 10:55

Special delivery for L.
Your chick is here.

With L & GLY’s nest change-over earlier this am (9:42), it is mum who gets to greet the chick for the 1st time.

Hello #RoyalCam chick – so glad to finally meet you.

Watch full clip at:
The #RoyalCam Chick Returns to the Nest Following a Successful Hatch! January 21, 2023

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ONOpOsOl2QE&si=EnSIkaIECMiOmarE
https://twitter.com/i/status/1616575505360359425

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander