Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 545392 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #7815 on: August 06, 2023, 07:15:50 AM »

Happy Sunday all....

Lani - I did get the areas painted I had it in my head to get done.....was just cleaning up when it started to lightly sprinkle....did NOT disturb my painting. The real project I have of painting is for another day. All my upstairs deck rails and steps rails plus more landscaping and maintenance on any needed areas of house siding...I'm now waiting for much cooler days and nights for that project and have potentially into October to do that.
Andrew is coming tomorrow or Tuesday for my arbor tie up project and other areas of work..
Should get a call from plumbing contractor early next week, just to schedule the actual repair..

Last night on the news they confirmed the Twin Cities is and continues to be in a severe drought..
We'd need 1/2 inch to inch a week to catch up for the remainder of the season which is highly unlikely.

Even this weekend's TEASE of substantial rain looks to be not true....

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7816 on: August 06, 2023, 07:36:01 AM »

GOOD SUNDAY MORNING EVERYONE

1/4" of rain from yesterday.  Rain on and off for the next several days.

67 heading to 75   DP 63   humidity 84%

EAGLES  That is so funny about the names  LOL

LANI   YAY  on the washing machine.  Let's hope it's now good for at least 12 years  LOL

PHYL  Thanks for the BB update.   ;D  Looks like a cardinal photobombed one of the pics  LOL

KB   Sweet beagle pup  :)
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #7817 on: August 06, 2023, 07:54:04 AM »

I watched the fire close to N1 until it turned to mere whisps of smoke at sunset.  Never did see any emergency equipment come to help.  Low, smaller build didn't show any damage, even to roof.  I wonder if we were all looking at the same structure?  There's a low rise, white building hidden behind 3 tall uprights in the upper left of the scene.  Mostly hidden behind barn/house setting and back behind the patch of grass area.  It really took off and smothered the area with smoke.

Oh well, P   

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #7818 on: August 06, 2023, 08:24:40 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, I am amazed at how you keep all the Bluebird clutches in your memory! Sweet how earlier clutches help take care of the new ones, the Mom & Dad must be pretty worn out by then!  I turned the A/C off this morning! We had a very strong storm last night, I went out on the deck and it was coming in on all sides, the wind was whipping all over. And now we are cooled off! For the next 15 days the highest temp in the long range forecast is 84. It will be perfect for the Iowa State Fair, which starts on the 10th. Of course, the forecast can change and often does...

Lani, hooray, the washer is fixed and you're back in the Chinese Laundry business! You probably have a good bit piled up from waiting.  :o I would probably go buy new underwear before I would go to the laundromat! I don't even know where there is one around here!  It's funny how certain foods are particular to certain areas...we have never had chili mac! Mom was born/raised in Southern IL, maybe it didn't catch on that far south in the Midwest! We put shredded cheese and oyster crackers on ours! And I guess if you liked it, sour cream. (I don't like sour cream, even the name gives me heebie jeebies...LOLOL)

E4E, Mary Alice, Alice Mary, what a coincidence! The two names go well together!

T40, thanks for all the great videos, still watching...  ;D

tig, I remember one time many, many moons ago when my uncle Jack hit a bee's nest ( I think it was bees) with the bush hog mower and walked in the house looking like a Martian! He was out in the fields and the tractor wouldn't go fast enough to outrun the bees. He had bites all over, his eyes were just tiny openings. Thank goodness he wasn't allergic, just stung many times! Be careful!

Lisa, glad to hear little Miss Sydney passed all her tests and is home now! Bet you can't wait to see her!

tsk, chili weather is coming up, it has always been a cooler weather food in our family! That's what I fix when the kids come over for our Christmas, chili with Cheddar Bay Biscuits! One of these years the Munchkins will be over the chicken fries and mac 'n cheese and will start eating other things!  Hopefully...

kb, sweet story of the baby walrus, I hope he does well! Good people involved in the rescue and care. And thank goodness for the nurse that broke the rules with those twins!

karen, 'kids smoking in bed again', LOLOL!

Puff, no mention of a fire in the chat, the barn looked okay this morning. Wonder what it was?

Hellgate Osprey Cam - Kitty Carlyle  · Iris looks like she's dancing.  Such a sweet look on her face.  ❤

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LisaG1967

« Reply #7819 on: August 06, 2023, 08:37:57 AM »

Good Morning Beakers......Happy Sunday!

Lani - Yay on getting your washer repaired!  Thank goodness you do not have to buy another one.  The lil family went home yesterday afternoon.   :)

E4E - We are heading over there in just a lil bit, and I cannot wait to hold her, too!

Phyl - Thanks for the pics of your Bluebirds.

kb - Cute pup in your morning pic.

tsk and Puff - Looks like some pretty nasty weather to the West of you at the moment.  I hope it is not headed your way.

clynn - I would love to turn off AC, and open windows for a bit. Love the mouse pic and the one of Iris!  I am getting ready to head over to see Miss Sydney now!

A pic that Bradley sent me this morning.

kbshcb

« Reply #7820 on: August 06, 2023, 08:55:20 AM »

Man I thought I had quite a few zinnias....this is somewhere in a Minnesota field......I get a free packet of seeds every year from a former mortgage broker as an advertisement....think I'll try to sow some of my own seeds this year and save to plant next year.

Enjoy, Lisa!...I forgot, I assume you have to travel over the bridge?...how long a drive again is it?...I assume it's not far from the hospital they were in but don't want to assume...drive carefully.

Puff

« Reply #7821 on: August 06, 2023, 09:25:54 AM »

Dogs, people, cars, misc. -- what's all the audio coming from hatchery/N1.  I wonder if it is left over from last nights fireworks?

P

Puff

« Reply #7822 on: August 06, 2023, 09:59:02 AM »

What the hell is going on at the hatchery --  9:35-9:40 rewind?

P

Times would be nest times - I hope this is some kind of prank.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2023, 10:06:07 AM by Puff »

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #7823 on: August 06, 2023, 10:02:10 AM »

Puff, someone is screaming right now at N1! Something is going on, and DH! is on the Y squeeing about it! Sounds kind of scary... just can't quite understand what is being screamed.

kb, beautiful zinnias!

Lisa, oh boy, how excited you must be! She looks so sweet, and all that pretty dark hair!  Take care on the bridge!
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Puff

« Reply #7824 on: August 06, 2023, 10:09:14 AM »

Clynn  Thanks for the feed back! Horrid screaming startedjust after 9:30,
 again this is nest time.  Faint, occasional whimpering now.

P

kbshcb

« Reply #7825 on: August 06, 2023, 10:58:29 AM »

Someone needs to call the police...someone is screaming I think he killed her....she's either having a mental health breakdown...Soma/zoma....summa?..he killed her is what she keeps screaming.

Can the people at the farm here her?...

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7826 on: August 06, 2023, 11:18:12 AM »

CLYNN  I forgot about the oyster crackers.  But if I buy a bag of those, I eat them like potato chips  LOL     Gosh what a terrible day for Uncle Jack.    I was thinking the same thing about that nurse but what did she have to lose if it was determined that the child would not live but who could even know that really... :-\    Iris is a strong osprey.  She just keeps hanging in there.

LISA    Have a wonderful day today hugging little Sydney Alice.  Will you look at all that dark hair!!!!    ;D   Think the worst of that storm dropped south of us.

PUFF     Did you get rain?

KB  Love the colorful AM pic  ;D
« Last Edit: August 06, 2023, 06:05:21 PM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #7827 on: August 06, 2023, 11:51:16 AM »

KB female voice first yells out Linda Linda - then incohearent.  But then she's She's dead.  You can also hear her yell Grandma and yell to someone else - he killed her.  Those things she keeps repeating.  If you wait about 15 minutes, she becomes distraught again.  Some of it gets covered  by HD2 squawking.  I'm thinking things quiet down because someone local comes on the scene, some authority.   

Is there noone else on who is listening or heard?  I thought I dozed off into a dream.  Just me and KB?

P

Puff

« Reply #7828 on: August 06, 2023, 11:52:34 AM »

Just a sprinkle tsk. Might be more later they say.

Hear background talking, moaning, barking.  Dogs/dog still OK.

P
« Last Edit: August 06, 2023, 11:54:18 AM by Puff »

Puff

« Reply #7829 on: August 06, 2023, 12:04:33 PM »

Female who is doing all the talking now realizes she has to call her mom and tell her about gramma.  Sad

Not really hearing replies from any others so far.  She must be talking to someone who is with her at nest.

Now hitting too close to home - I have to turn off.  Bye

P
« Last Edit: August 06, 2023, 12:29:56 PM by Puff »