Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1013651 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #780 on: January 19, 2023, 07:20:38 PM »

"Good Evening" and ...

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

oldguy

« Reply #781 on: January 19, 2023, 07:31:07 PM »

tsk - Jiffy Pop is using a self standing display unit at this time at my Hy-Vee - they are definitely still in the stores...  I have not bought it since I got my first microwave - sometime  in the early 80s  - we had boys in the scouts that would bring them to campouts.

I had a clamp-on pair of roller skates when I was a pre-teen - lived on a farm - they did not work well on gravel and the only large concrete pads were in the livestock lots - ugh ::)  So never got the hang of them and never had good enough balance to use a skateboard as a teenager. ::)

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #782 on: January 19, 2023, 08:17:47 PM »

Clynn - Cute Bella pics!! You are such a good Grandma - love how you let her wash dishes and 'help' you!  She seems to enjoy doing something different sometimes! ;D    How nice that your Dad made you a skate board - special memory!   Clynn, I have to wonder if Honey & Harley don't care too much for each other because they might be vying for your attention, and are in competition for you? :-\  Of course, I don't know, but it is just a thought. ;)
Tsk - I'm with you in that I always roller skated, but never did the skateboard!   Awe, sweet that Lulu jumped on your bed and slept - nice!! :)   Glad that you are getting a bit better - you are doing everything right! :)
Lori - Such a special birthday post for Aly!!!!  You always do such special posts!!  I wish I had your talent.
Phyl - Very pretty pic of your Maggie!!!!!  Thanks as always for Decorah pics - love them all! :)    Jiffy pop was a popular treat in our home - my Mom used to make it on an old stove!
LisaG - So sweet that Bandit is seeking you out and sleeping next you.  :)
Oldguy - Burrr - still cold in your area.   Thanks for mentioning National popcorn day!
Lani - Love the pic of Dewey!!! ;D   Yummy breakfast for Aly's birthday!! ;D
Clynn - Thanks for your snow pics - so beautiful, but wish you would get some melting!   Wow, those Decorah snow pics.
Baz - Hi  :)
Eburg - Yes - RIP David Crosby
Kb & Tig - Where are you guys today?!

All Beakers have a good night & sleep well.  We had a small earthquake this morning around 9:15 am - we hardly felt it, it was centered a few miles away from us - no damages reported.

kbshcb

« Reply #783 on: January 19, 2023, 08:44:02 PM »

In the 80's I had a pair of high top black skates with yellow wheels...the front brakes weren't this big.

I would frequently roll from Venice Beach to Redondo Beach and back..26 miles on the concrete bike path along the ocean...Course in those days we wore walkmen for music as well..

Grew up skating both ice and concrete though..

kbshcb

« Reply #784 on: January 19, 2023, 09:02:24 PM »

Way to go Twin Cities!. :( :(

Lisa - have your Mom take a cab or uber when here...!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #785 on: January 19, 2023, 11:50:56 PM »

Eagles, Baz, I showed Aly your birthday cake and everyone's birthday wishes and posts. She was surprised, tickled and very thankful, and understands why I love my Beaker family so much. You all are special  :-*

Clynn, It's definitely winter at your home and in Decorah.... I knew you would have your hanging bird feeders full for the birds.  :) .. I'm making oatmeal in the morning.  ;D

Eburg, RIP David Crosby  :(

Lisa, I understand about Bandit, Milo and Norman are the same way, it took 4 years before Milo slept on our bed. Don't touch him or he'll leave. LOL! He only stays an hour or so, and then leaves for a cat perch. Where I'll find him in the morning.

Tsk, awww Lulu, glad no more vomiting. She's settled in nicely... We'll have to get Trader Joe red bag popcorn and give it a try. I'm the only one in the family that loves grits....  sleep well tonight  :-*

Phyl, YAY Jiffy popcorn! We had that a lot until the microwave popcorn.

Oldguy, same in Hawaii regarding roller skates, it never was a thing we did growing up with gravel or dirt roads. Minion  ;D

SED Eagles, it's suppose to snow tonight.

Good night and keep warm and thank you again for Aly's birthday greetings  :)

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Clynn, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Pink, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee,Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Eagle's Mother and Kris, Lori and her grandma Clute, Puff, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Pink's mother, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Tim, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Clynn's friend Kay, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Eagle's Kris, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For NEFL Samson and Gabriella, Black Bear Ted, Lucy, Reggae, Taffy Apple, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, Eagles's Star, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  Juliet and Romeo, Lucy and Larry, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #786 on: January 20, 2023, 06:34:19 AM »

38 F cloudy  .  High of 49F  and sunny.  Evening/night 27F  and clear .

Hi Lilbro

Hi Karen, Pink, Nrstooge, bbgolden

Oldguy   :(   

Lani sweet kitty;      :(

Tsk hope you're feeling better this AM;     Lulu ,I think she realizes now, she's in a forever home .

Lisa does Bandit have --- a kitty kondo?  Have you considered that for him?      Could be a more stable perch for him.  Maggie's  sets in front of the window up here in computer room---is carpeted with sissel rope on it's post holding up the upper terrace

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #787 on: January 20, 2023, 06:38:15 AM »

Decorah Eagles
Jan 20, 2023 6:35 AM
Camera Time: Jan 20, 2023 6:35 AM CST

Hm and HD this morning

Decorah Eagles
Jan 20, 2023 7:17 AM
Camera Time: Jan 20, 2023 7:17 AM CST

« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 07:19:05 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #788 on: January 20, 2023, 06:39:34 AM »

Decorah North Eagles
Jan 20, 2023 7:00 AM
Camera Time: Jan 20, 2023 6:59 AM CST

Jan 20, 2023 7:19 AM
Camera Time: Jan 20, 2023 7:19 AM CST

Not sure who this is---a visitor?   :-\

« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 07:21:24 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #789 on: January 20, 2023, 06:58:44 AM »

Sauces Bald Eagles - Channel Islands,  California
Jan 19, 2023 1:08 PM
Camera Time: Jan 19, 2023 11:07 AM PST

The pair: Jak and Audacity

Jan 19, 2023 2:32 PM
Camera Time: Jan 19, 2023 12:31 PM PST

Nestoriations and 'lumber' drop.

Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #790 on: January 20, 2023, 07:38:08 AM »

HI EVERYONE

34 all day today and cloudy :(

OLDGUY   I never like using a scooter which we had so skateboard was not even an interest.  Loved my clamp- ons  tho and can definitely see how they weren't right for your situation.

EAGLES   Guess you get used to those earthquake reports.  Gives me the shivers  :o

KB   Those were the real "professional" roller skates.  I can just picture that scene you described.  :)   Wonder why Chicago isn't on your light rail list??   How much snow yesterday??

LANI   Like the good night kitty looking at the snow. :)  I'm off to make grits  LOL

PHYL  Gorgeous hand painted? glassware .   Did Sauces get a new camera??  Really clear.
Chicagoland

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #791 on: January 20, 2023, 07:46:23 AM »

Royal Albatross cam
1/20 - Happy hatch day.

1st chick for the colony has hatched! 
#RoyalCam chick is not too far behind.
Tomorrow (1/21) the #RoyalCam chick is expected to be returned to their nest.

GLY will be ready, will you be ready?
http://AllAboutBirds.org/Albatross

TGIF Beakers!
Morning Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, ssrl, Maxie, and All!
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #792 on: January 20, 2023, 08:02:04 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, the Sauces eagles are looking good! Should be eggs soon!  Awww, HD & HM, so sweet!  Beautiful glasses with the birds! Yes, I remember the telephone cord, and laying on the floor with feet on the wall!

Lani, happy to hear that Aly enjoyed her birthday wishes yesterday! Did you get your snow last night? Oh my, the tiny albatross! He needs his Mommy to cuddle him!

E4E, don't think we will get much melting this week, there isn't even one day in the next two weeks where the temp will be over 30. Just what the sun can do! The roads are clear, Erin took care of the driveway and sidewalks yesterday, he said a big branch broke on one of the pines and is laying on the fence but he said it looks like the fence is okay. I will have to get out today and take a look!

Awww, David Crosby...love his songs...he wrote so many good ones. Good article:  https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/david-crosby-best-songs-1234663169/ 
One of my favorites, https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/david-crosby-best-songs-1234663169/

tsk, when the kids were little and we ate at Cracker Barrel they thought grits was cream of wheat, so we just put some sugar and milk on them and they loved it! You are doing very well with Lulu! Honey will come and lay by me when I go to bed and will only stay if I am petting her! Soon after I stop petting her she leaves and I assume goes back downstairs to her favorite spot.

Got a couple pics of the kids when they were here yesterday!

A nearly extinct tree kangaroo cub is born, giving the species hope. 
https://animalp4radise.com/posts/7684/?fbclid=IwAR2P3-yVpj8zAFvrytr8hMcpJwilOd8Saba49f93nVP3ZC94ZJlOiT10M8M

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LisaG1967

« Reply #793 on: January 20, 2023, 08:52:46 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

E4E - Glad to hear that it was a small earthquake, and you hardly felt it.

kb - Thanks for that info! When she flies, she usually has a car pick her up to and from airport.  She never leaves the hotel once she is there. 

Lani - Hope Aly had a nice birthday. Happy hatch day to the Royals!!

Phyl - Bandit does have a kitty condo, actually two of them in the living room. We had tried to throw one away, as it was getting old and he whined all day till we went and got a second one.  Great pics this morning from the nests. 

tsk - Love your morning greeting...it is making me hungry! 

clynn - Love your morning pic, and the wording on your birdhouse pic.  Great pics of the munchkins!

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #794 on: January 20, 2023, 08:53:27 AM »

Lani - Snow for your area, wow - we are having a sunshine day-high of 54.  Glad Aly saw all her birthday greetings yesterday. :)   Yaaay for 1st chick @ colony!!
Phyl - Pretty glassware!  Beautiful Decorah and Sauces-Channel Islands pics  :)
Tsk - I like Grits too!   Lulu is settling in very nicely! :)
Clynn - Like your morning gifs!  Good pics of David Crosby!  Nice pics of the Munchkins  ;D   Wonderful pics & story of the tree kangaroo-thank you!
Hi Tig, Kb, Oldguy, Puff, Lori, LisaG, Baz, Blschue, BL, Pink, T40, Weasel, Peep, Jaspurr, Karen, Jilltosa, Lilbro, Ginger, Eburg, Ssrl, Nr, Bggolden, Paulie, Maxie & All.

Today, I am invited to a retirement luncheon for an employee that worked at the same company I retired from, so it will be fun to see the folks that I haven't seen in a few months! :)

Everyone have a nice day.