Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1013979 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #765 on: January 19, 2023, 11:21:08 AM »

Fresh out of the oven Krispy Kreme donut holes!!!

Hugs Lori, Perfect and yummy too!  ;D Thank you  :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #766 on: January 19, 2023, 11:37:08 AM »

Dewey and Aly's birthday flowers 2022

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

Thank you Tsk, Clynn, Oldguy, Lori, Lisa, Phyl, for birthday wishes for Aly. I'll share them with her when she comes home tonight.  ;D

Oldguy, thanks for the pretty oreo birthday cake for Aly. She loves oreo cookies and asked for an ice box cake for her birthday. So she can share with her office/clients. I made a no-gluten oreo cookie ice box cake in a truffle bowl yesterday.... Looks like Mike will be making a bowl of popcorn to celebrate National Popcorn Day. To bad there's not a game on tonight to go along with it... Artie LOL  ;D

Phyl, thank you for RRP update on D36 and snowing Decorah nest pics.

Tsk, that was sad about your shy Calico. awww Lulu loves playing with toys. Our boys have no desire to play with the cat nip toys I leave about. Take care  :-*

Clynn, Love your morning bear pic and the sweet pics of Miss Bella, especially, Bella helping with dishes.  :-* It was 26 when Sadie and I left for our walk this morning. Aly and Dewey went with us before she left for work. I made her scramble eggs with bacon for her birthday breakfast. I bet your birds and squirrel are enjoying the bird seed feeder you've set out for them, especially after 5" of snow. Keep warm and take care.  :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #767 on: January 19, 2023, 11:48:08 AM »

Happy Birthday Aly! Have a beautiful day!

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #768 on: January 19, 2023, 11:57:31 AM »

Phyl, I didn't realize that was Maggie! How sweet!  Love the card for Aly. Decorah is covered with snow too...

I took some pictures of the pretty snow... it's very heavy and it's now 33 degrees.  My poor pines...but they have survived before!

Lori, love the Krispy Kreme donut holes for Aly!

oldguy, love the video of the cats in the snow! I wonder if those are cats that also like water!

Lani, oh that Dewey is a cutie! Popcorn sounds good! I made Overnight Oatmeal Tuesday, it is so good, but I would love someone to make me scrambled eggs and bacon!  Maybe I will fix that for supper!

North Nest

Decorah

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #769 on: January 19, 2023, 12:05:59 PM »

Morning everyone - although it is noontime for most of you  :)

Lani - We got rain during the night, today we will have some sun and high of 55.  Burr- so cold for you in AZ!

Phyl - Key for 'throw back Thursday'?  :)     I used to have similar roller skates!

I am needed now to help my hubby with a project.  BBL   Have a good day everyone!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #770 on: January 19, 2023, 12:29:24 PM »

CLYNN   Great card for Aly  ;)   Now it looks like winter at your house!  We have yet to have a big snow.  Tim is fixing our birdfeeder as I type.  Yours are doing their job!

PHYL   Sorry, Maggie looks different in the sun and looks bigger.  ;)  Decorah had quite a bit of snow.  :o   Thanks for the D36 home birdy report.

LISA  So it has taken Bandit 13 years to decide to sleep next to you??  Interesting

OLDGUY  Yay for National Popcorn Day.  We've discovered Trader Joes red bag of popcorn.  Best bagged popcorn out there.  We buy bags of the stuff.   Cats in the snow  ;D

LANI   Aly will have a wonderful day today.  Like the breakfast as the starting point  ;) ;)
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #771 on: January 19, 2023, 02:15:43 PM »

tsk - Bandit is not a very lovable.  He does not like to be pet for very long or held.  I guess that has to go with him being an outside kitty, that we made an inside kitty.  He use to sleep in a window seat in our bedroom for a couple hours a night, but just recently he has moved to the bed and only by me.  He never lays by Jeff.  I will need to check out this Trader Joe's red bag popcorn.  Love a good bagged popcorn.

E4E - Have a good day!

clynn - Beautiful snow pics!  Great pics from Decorah.  I have never tried overnight oatmeal. 

Lani - Oh my gosh, Dewey is adorable!

oldguy - Glad you were on the nice side of the storm.

Phyl - I didn't realize that was Maggie either, what a beauty!  Great snow pics from Decorah.

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #772 on: January 19, 2023, 03:08:09 PM »

For ALY...    :D

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #773 on: January 19, 2023, 03:10:36 PM »

Happy Day, Beakers!  :)

Clynn, fun pictures from your fun day with Bella! And your snow pictures look like a winter wonderland!

Take care, All, and stay warm!  :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

eburgbirdwtchr

• Hatchery nest visitor since 2007
« Reply #774 on: January 19, 2023, 05:35:06 PM »

RIP David Crosby.  Another songbird bites the dust.  :'(
Use the talents you possess: for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
Iowa Lakes Region, western North Central Iowa

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #775 on: January 19, 2023, 06:06:11 PM »

Lisa  having wind advisory all day with gust to 40mph---March weather in that respect. Still no BB kitty, huh? 
Bandit sleeping with you...cold window seat & needs electric blanket ---Maybe  feeling  'needy' or under the weather---who knows.  :-\

Clynn the infrareds I posted today are of the Decorah nests--easy to tell, I think, from the nests that Decorah had a fair amount of  snow.
Nice snaps of your 'estate'  ;)  :-*
I hate to see the snow once it's been walked in.  I bet the Munchkins are having a blast .

Eagles  I call Thursdays in Beakroom---'Vintage Thursdays' LOL  Cool those roller skates were the best. Ruined the shoes---but  hey!  I like you happy sun.

Tsk Maggie looks bigger because I  cropped and  sized up the image for greater detail. Yes the sunlight gave a 'yellow' cast to her fur.  She's the most fun for photographing---Mike was too. Just like our bluebirds we hatched---they see me  with camera and hold a pose for the longest time.    :'( :'( :'( your calico kitties---one killed and the other died of literally a broken heart. So sad. :'( :'( :'(

Oldguy kitties in the snow  ;D

eburgbirdwtchr thanks for your post on David  Crosby.
RIP David Crosby    https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/music/2023/01/19/david-crosby-dead-crosby-stills-nash-byrds-co-founder/11084295002/

Lani
Aly's breakfast is a good start for the BD celebration. What's not to love about Oreo cookies.  ;) Yum.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #776 on: January 19, 2023, 06:07:31 PM »

Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #777 on: January 19, 2023, 06:34:05 PM »

LISA  Thanks for Bandit explanation.  Makes it all the more special now.  Our little Lulu doesn't like to be held for too long but we are conditioning her a bit by picking her up occasionally and then letting her down before she wiggles just to see if we can get her more used to it.  But she is a lap sitter more than any cat we've ever had.  She loves to be with us.  We have also started now to introduce wet food.  She gets 1 teaspoon at breakfast and 1 teaspoon at lunch and a full dish of kibble in the AM.  No vomiting so far!  We will increase the amount after a couple days.  I mention the Trader Joes red bag because they have different flavors and red is the regular.  I could easily eat the whole bag  LOL

CLYNN   Your overnight oatmeal reminds me we got a huge bag of grits in a Xmas basket and I must make a big batch of that tomorrow.  I keep forgetting.   How is Kay doing after her fall???

EBURGH   Did not hear about David Crosby.    :(  Right Another legend gone.  81 - not bad for that hard lifestyle..

PHYL   I haven't seen Jiffy pop in ages  ;) ;)
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #778 on: January 19, 2023, 06:57:49 PM »

Tsk - Aww, that is great that Lulu loves to be with you all, and sits in your lap.  Sounds like you have the food situation all worked out, if there is no vomiting.  The next time I am in Annapolis I am gonna stop at Trader Joe’s and pick up some. 

Phyl - Loved making Jiffy Pop on the stove as a kid.  Yikes, those winds for you.  Nope, have not seen the original BB Kitty, just the two new ones that have been coming.  The window seat I have in my bedroom is stuck to the window with suction cups.  It has fallen twice while Bandit was trying to get in it, so I think he gave up trying to get in it.  I still have it up, just in case he wants to try again.  It is very close to my bed. 

eburg - Sad about David Crosby  :(

Baz - Waving to ya!

Have a good night, everyone!

Phyl

« Reply #779 on: January 19, 2023, 07:15:31 PM »

Some  had been having issues with getting into RRP forum---esp. that '404 error' and began wondering if
'the annual transfer' had begun. LOL  ::)

TsK thanks for Lulu update.

Lisa thanks for Bandit info.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2023, 07:19:01 PM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam