Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1014281 times)

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #690 on: January 17, 2023, 09:13:22 AM »

Lori - Hope your Mom & her pets, and you & Destini are all safe from that Tornado.
Phyl - Thanks for sharing the story of when you & your Mom lived in MO - very scary tornado near her home at that time.  Hugs for you in remembering that time with your Mom {{Phyl}}
Lani - Happy to know Royal Albatross egg is safe.   Sounds like a lovely birthday was had! ;D
BL - Good maps & a lot of good info - appreciate it, thanks.
Oldguy - Amazing vid of Titanic lego set - that fellow made his vid fun to watch.  ;D
Phyl - HM & HD  :)  Cute snow bunny!
Clynn - Decorah pic  :)  Erin & Talon will have a great time putting that Lego set together when Talon is older! ;) ;D
Tsk - A good night's sleep - that is great news! Sounds like a nice doctor  :)
Hi Kb, Tig, Puff, Bggolden, LisaG, Baz, & All

All Beakers have a nice day.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #691 on: January 17, 2023, 10:50:57 AM »

Seals On The Beach, Horsey, Norfolk, UK

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

Eagles, it's 37 degrees and the sun has just come out after 3 inches of moisture in 24 hours.  8)  How is it there? Weather app says it will snow later this afternoon. Looks too nice for that. Have a good day.  :)

Lisa, we had 3 inches of rain in 24 hours. The sun is coming out!  8)

Phyl, nice pic of The Decorahs! "snow bunny"  ;D

Clynn, oh it's Erin's set, it'll be fun to do someday with Talon... cute pic of The Decorahs... TP/eggs so true  ;D

{{{Hugs Tsk}}} so glad you had a good night's sleep. prayers sent for a good day.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #692 on: January 17, 2023, 12:04:54 PM »

LISA     ;D ;D ;D    Acme egg

Finding out that standing in one place is more painful than moving around.  Tomorrow I will start timed walking trials in the house. ( today I rest)  I need 5-7 minutes to walk from the parking lot to the therapy clinic before I can resume therapy.  Definitely having less pain overall today.  God id good as are all the prayers from my friends.

Just finished this 550 - 2 weeks and 2 days
« Last Edit: January 17, 2023, 12:11:54 PM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #693 on: January 17, 2023, 12:46:08 PM »

bounce

((TSK))

Christmas is coming down this week. Camper took pics last night...
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LisaG1967

« Reply #694 on: January 17, 2023, 02:13:23 PM »

Good Afternoon E4E  :)

Lani - That's alot of rain!

tsk - LOL, isn't that hilarious about the egg!  We just got back from the store...18 eggs are $7.99!  Love the cat puzzle!  Glad to hear you are having less pain today. 

tig - Your Christmas is still so pretty!

I have been knowing since November that Bradley and Kelly were thinking about getting married in February or March.  They set a date for Feb 23rd.  They will do a lil ceremony at the Courthouse, as neither of them want anything big or fancy.  And....

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #695 on: January 17, 2023, 02:18:02 PM »

Lisa... Congrats!
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #696 on: January 17, 2023, 02:49:23 PM »

TIG   That's when the house becomes so bare!!  ;)

LISA   Oh no  A bun in the oven   :o   Congrats!!  When is baby due?  ;)
Chicagoland

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #697 on: January 17, 2023, 03:09:53 PM »

Happy Day, Beakers!  :)

Several dog breeds are tree climbers. Some of them are very good at it. I'm glad the dog that got stuck so high was safely gotten back to the ground. I've seen a Treeing Walker Coonhound do that before. The Catahoula Leopard Dog is another tree-climbing breed. It's the state dog of Louisiana, and has been nicknamed the "cat dog." LOL! Some other tree-climbing breeds are the Jack Russell Terrier, New Guinea Singing Dog (a wild dog breed), and the Raccoon Dog (a wild dog). Amazing skill!

Good read on that:"Can Dogs Climb Trees?"
https://wagwalking.com/sense/can-dogs-climb-trees - Good info and pictures - the history and science of dogs who climb trees. Enjoyable read. Check out the brief history of the 2 wild dog breeds in this short article I mentioned!  Never heard tell...  ;)

(((Lori and Destini, and Lori's mom and her two pups)))  I hope we get an update from you sometime soon, and that everyone is okay. I watched the detail of that tornado as it happened, via The Weather Channel.  So hoping all is ok!

(((TSK))) So glad you got in to see that doctor and got initial treatment!! Let the recovery begin!!

Beakers, lots more stormy weather coming to some of you today and the next couple of days... severe weather in some places, of various types. Please stay alert to your weather forecasts, alerts, and warnings, and take necessary precautions, and please stay safe.  :-*

I'm just now getting caught up on a few days of posts, and I see I missed a couple of birthdays.

Happy Belated Birthday, JILLTOSA!  I hope you had some special treats!  :)

Happy Belated Birthday, LANI!  Yay for a cozy day at home with lots of yummy treats!  :)

Lisa, I just now saw your exciting news!!  Congratulations to BRADLEY and KELLY on their upcoming nuptials, AND to THEM, AND YOU and JEFF on the expected new Bundle Of Joy coming to your family!!    :-* :-* :-*  I'm so excited for all of you!!!  :)

« Last Edit: January 17, 2023, 03:27:31 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #698 on: January 17, 2023, 03:23:38 PM »

I'm back in tennis love for my boyfriend, playing in The Australian Open tennis tournament, which started this week.  ;) :D   He won his first round match, and plays hs second tonight.  It's "Down Under," so my wake/sleep hours are messed up. But it's worth it.  ;) :D

Take care, Beakers!   :)

« Last Edit: January 17, 2023, 03:26:33 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

oldguy

« Reply #699 on: January 17, 2023, 03:36:49 PM »

Got this link sent to me by Jaspurr

HUGE TORNADO Williamsburg Iowa! Crossing the Interstate! Jan. 16, 2023   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBkMWOTThxM

Last night news reported no injuries and no known damage as of last night.
The last reported January tornado in Iowa was in 1967.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2023, 03:53:07 PM by oldguy »
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #700 on: January 17, 2023, 04:29:34 PM »

baz, so glad you get to spend some time with your boyfriend! Is this him?

Lisa, oh my goodness! You will have a daughter and a grand baby! Congrats to Bradley & Kelly!

oldguy, I read that it was the earliest ever recorded tornado in Iowa, and only the 2nd for January! The weather patterns are going haywire...

tsk, how are you doing today? Better than yesterday?

Lani, those seals on the beach, we lived in Norfolk (it is like a county) when we lived in Walsingham, England, about 50 miles from Horsey! Nice to know the seals have a home there!

Lisa, love your egg joke...!  The chickens are on strike!

Berry College - Pip Watch!

View of sunset over Des Moines

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Puff

« Reply #701 on: January 17, 2023, 04:43:22 PM »

TIG   That's when the house becomes so bare!!  ;)

LISA   Oh no  A bun in the oven   :o   Congrats!!  When is baby due?  ;)

Some extra gifts under the tree next year.  You'll gladly make room I'm sure.  Congrats to you both!

P

LisaG1967

« Reply #702 on: January 17, 2023, 05:57:42 PM »

tig - Thank you!

tsk - Believe me, I was shocked too!  :o Thanks!  Baby is due August 2.

baz - Thank you!

oldguy - Yikes on the tornado!  I probably would be having a panic attack if I saw that while driving. 

clynn - Thanks!  Love that chicken funny!  Thanks for the Berry update!  Beautiful pic of sunset over Des Moines.

Puff - Thank you! 

You Beakers are the first to know, as Bradley and Kelly have not even announced it yet. 
I did ask him if I could let you all know, and he said yes, as long as I didn't post it on Facebook.   :)

Have a good night, everyone!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #703 on: January 17, 2023, 06:08:36 PM »

BAZI   Thanks for the interesting side bar on tree climbing dogs - I never knew that.  I suspected we didn't see much of you lately and thought there must be tennis going on  LOLOL

CLYNN   Today was better than I expected.  I have not had to sit down every 1-2 minutes and was functional in the house.  Standing in one place  for a couple minutes is when the pain comes on.  Tomorrow I want to see how long I can walk before it becomes uncomfortable. Today was the rest day and tomorrow supposed to resume normal activities.   Lots of chicken jokes  LOL   Beautiful shot of downtown Des Moines sunset.  Is that a town park?  So clean and manicured.

LISA   We are privileged to be the first.  My lips are sealed!!!
Chicagoland

T40cfr403

Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring