Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1014343 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #660 on: January 16, 2023, 02:41:32 PM »

tornado warning in Linn be safe all!!! Tornado has touched down.
gotta go find Destini

Yikes! Be safe---hope you find Destini and y'all are safe! Prayers

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #661 on: January 16, 2023, 03:10:19 PM »

gotta go find Destini

we're good, but its by Mom's house.  She lives in a double wide which is so unsafe.  I told her to go to the office shelter with Salem & Harlee but it's hard to manuever the 2 pets alone.  She stayed in the closet with the pets during Derecho and it damaged the house and broke windows but she was just fine. It keeps moving up and down, it has touched down but then goes back up.   Weird, also there is a wall cloud. Headed torwards Wisconsin now... moving out...
Stay safe feather babies!
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LisaG1967

« Reply #662 on: January 16, 2023, 03:45:11 PM »

Lori - Hope you, Mom and fur babies are all OK. 

Phyl - There was a lil cussing involved in his assembly of the car, but it got better as it went along.  ;D  It took him 3 weekends to put it together, and he is ready for another Lego project to do.

kb - Very sad to hear about the cougar.  Aww, the pup in the tree!  Glad to hear he was rescued safely.

kbshcb

« Reply #663 on: January 16, 2023, 04:16:35 PM »

Lori - Hope you, Mom and fur babies are all OK. 

Phyl - There was a lil cussing involved in his assembly of the car, but it got better as it went along.  ;D  It took him 3 weekends to put it together, and he is ready for another Lego project to do.

kb - Very sad to hear about the cougar.  Aww, the pup in the tree!  Glad to hear he was rescued safely.

Indeed about the cougar....If you looked at a map one could easily imagine one following up the Minnesota River from the West....However, once it got into heavy traffic near highways I'm pretty sure it was struck at night by a truck..

oldguy

« Reply #664 on: January 16, 2023, 04:33:35 PM »

Lisa - There are some very large and awesome LEGO sets - they make a Porche and a Camaro on the same scale, or he could step up to the Haunted House (3250 pc) at twice the number of pieces.  The biggest sets are the Titantic (9090 pc) and the Eiffel Tower (10000 pc)
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

LisaG1967

« Reply #665 on: January 16, 2023, 05:45:59 PM »

oldguy - Believe it or not, he was looking at the last two you mentioned!  I told him..whoa...take it slow!

kb:(

Have a good night, everyone!

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #666 on: January 16, 2023, 05:56:18 PM »

Lisa, Jeff's Lego work looks great, he is an expert!  Sydney got Erin a Lego set for his 30th birthday, he is a huge fan of Manchester United Football (Soccer) so she got him this set. He was never a Lego kid but Talon loves Legos so maybe some day they will do it together! And I will never have to worry about Birthday and Christmas presents for Talon...there will always be Legos!
LEGO Creator Manchester United - Old Trafford Stadium Set 10272 3898 Pieces

Lisa, https://beyondfrosting.com/coconut-custard-cake/   https://livforcake.com/pineapple-cake/

Lori, I hope all the scary weather has passed and you and your Mom and all you love are safe! Hopefully you found Destini... I have worried about that, would I be able to get my cats caught and in their carriers quickly. Sometimes I cannot find Harley, and he won't come when I call him (of course, he is a cat...). Then after I have been up and down stairs 3 times he just moseys out of somewhere without a care.

Phyl, good video by T40, those eagles seem to literally glide into the nest!

kb, that dog in the tree is hilarious, I wouldn't think a dog could climb a tree! Glad they got him down safely! That eagle picture is, like Lani says, stunning!

tsk, so glad you got in to the Dr. early, now you just have to wait for the diagnosis?

Lani, love your good morning picture, so cozy...  Hope your birthday was and still is a good one!

SWFL - 2 well behaved kids!

Thanks naimo!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #667 on: January 16, 2023, 06:48:27 PM »

LISA   Didn't know Jeff was into Legos.  That car is darn cool!!!  Had to look close to see the Legos    LOL  for Jeff - the Titanic would be for a puzzler, doing a 2,000 piece puzzle  LOL

KB   Story of Izzy is priceless!!!  ;D ;D   Feel bad for the cougar... :(

BGGOLDEN   Always glad to see you and perching is good too  LOL

PHYL   Loved the Glen Lloyd slo-mos Decorah North

LORI   Hunker down.. Did Mom make it through OK??   Scary   :o       How are you after your injections?

CLYNN  that is so cat!   Lucy would do that to us all the time.  Then like magic she would appear out of nowhere LOL

Appt at 3:15.  Saw doc at 4:15 - Loved him - young and funny.  Then at 4:30  " Want your injection now?"   Seriously?  Didn't feel the injection  (L5-S1)  but was in excruciating pain to lay on my stomach for it.  They had to help me turn over and get up.  Stopped at Culvers on the way home and then to Walgreens to pick up Gabapentin - 1 at bedtime.  To be very honest I have as much pain as I did before.  I walked into Walgreens and had to sit down when I got to the pharmacy  :(     I was expecting a miracle but need to wait up to 2 weeks for the steroid to kick in.   I may need another one down the road.  The nerve has very little space to leave the cord.  Well see how the night goes and what tomorrow brings - But it is done.

Chicagoland

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #668 on: January 16, 2023, 06:56:48 PM »

Lots of rain today in our area, but after Wednesday this week, the forecast is for clear days with some sun!

Lani - Your weather sounds like ours today; rain since last night, had a little break mid day, but raining lots again and we just had a lot of hail come down!!  Hope you've had wonderful birthday even with all the rain!

Tsk - Good for you in getting an appt to see the doctor today - hope they were able to give you the help you need.  Wishing your pain subsides as soon as possible {{Tsk}}

LisaG - Like the cool lego mustang pic! ;D

Kb - Oh my goodness - that dog that had to get rescued! :o    So sad about the cougar along the hwy.

BgGolden - Always great to see you in the Beak!

Lori - Hope you & Destini are safe from that Tornado - Hugs & take care.

Oldguy - Wow - interesting Lego info!!! Thanks  ;D

Clynn - So you have family members too that enjoy Legos!!  Our Grandson loves lego sets too - he's been receiving sets every year, especially at Christmas!

All Beakers have a good night.

Phyl

« Reply #669 on: January 16, 2023, 07:22:10 PM »

gotta go find Destini

we're good, but its by Mom's house.  She lives in a double wide which is so unsafe.  I told her to go to the office shelter with Salem & Harlee but it's hard to manuever the 2 pets alone.  She stayed in the closet with the pets during Derecho and it damaged the house and broke windows but she was just fine. It keeps moving up and down, it has touched down but then goes back up.   Weird, also there is a wall cloud. Headed torwards Wisconsin now... moving out...
Stay safe feather babies!

YOu see, I did know that ---where you mom lives! Hopeing she makes it thru this safe and sound. Give your mom lots of kisses and hugs, Lori!

My late mother lived in Joplin, MO  aka 'Tornado Alley'. We had been living here 2yrs or so and I got the skuttlebutt about and nasty tornado not 10 miles or so from her house. I called to find she'd bunkered in a bedroom closet with bottled water , her handbag, two fully charged cell phones and change of clothining. We chatted the entire time.  She got an all clear on her cell  cautiously krept out and did a check still on the phone w/ me. All was well that day.  I sorely miss my mother. 

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #670 on: January 16, 2023, 07:30:50 PM »

PHYL   Loved the Glen Lloyd slo-mos Decorah North

Appt at 3:15.  Saw doc at 4:15 - Loved him - young and funny.  Then at 4:30  " Want your injection now?"   Seriously?  Didn't feel the injection  (L5-S1)  but was in excruciating pain to lay on my stomach for it.  They had to help me turn over and get up.  Stopped at Culvers on the way home and then to Walgreens to pick up Gabapentin - 1 at bedtime.  To be very honest I have as much pain as I did before.  I walked into Walgreens and had to sit down when I got to the pharmacy  :(     I was expecting a miracle but need to wait up to 2 weeks for the steroid to kick in.   I may need another one down the road.  The nerve has very little space to leave the cord.  Well see how the night goes and what tomorrow brings - But it is done.

[/size]
As you say---it's done.  The steriod won't take that long---not from my experience any way. But, not over night---gradual day by day then 'Poof' what pain? Hope it's so  for you!  {{{}}}

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #671 on: January 16, 2023, 07:35:05 PM »

LOL--- 'cussing'---so funny. 
Now you know what to give next year.

Time for dinner---

Sauces bald eagle cam

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #672 on: January 16, 2023, 08:17:22 PM »

1/17 10:08

Hatch time.   ;D :-*

The #RoyalCam egg has pipped & is off to the incubator.

Hatching can take a few days (av. is day 79). GLY is now on a dummy egg.

The nest is sprayed with non-toxic, avian insect liquidator to reduce flies.

Safe travels #RoyalCam chick.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1615124622730735616
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #673 on: January 16, 2023, 09:08:08 PM »

It's a cold rainy day!

Lani, if your weather was anything like your 'gif' t his morning---arrrggghhh!

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #674 on: January 16, 2023, 09:16:22 PM »

Sydney got Erin a Lego set for his 30th birthday, he is a huge fan of Manchester United Football (Soccer) so she got him this set. He was never a Lego kid but Talon loves Legos so maybe some day they will do it together! And I will never have to worry about Birthday and Christmas presents for Talon...there will always be Legos!
LEGO Creator Manchester United - Old Trafford Stadium Set 10272 3898 Pieces

SWFL - 2 well behaved kids!

Thanks naimo!

Some Lego model   :o

Ahhhh  SWFL -  kids!   :-*

'People with their own chickens...'  LOL, lol

Sauces bald eagle cam