Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1014718 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #600 on: January 15, 2023, 01:17:32 PM »

tig - How dare him not bring you a White Castle burger, and just the bag!  ;D

kb - That does not sound like a fun walk for you and Ollie.  Love the pic you posted of the Silverback this morning. 

((tsk)) - How ya feeling?  Hanging in there?  I wish I could give you a gentle hug.

Lani - How exciting, an owl in your neighborhood! Good idea to get the pups and kitties inside.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #601 on: January 15, 2023, 01:18:02 PM »

You know I would never disagree with you two lovely ladies .. kb and tig.

But no SKOL from us this afternoon.   :-*   ;)

Go Big Blue.   ;D
(NJ Giants).

Oh, oh!!!   LOL... too bad you need to root for a team from another state. Snark. LOL...  :o  ;D
« Last Edit: January 15, 2023, 01:34:57 PM by camperstig »
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Puff

« Reply #602 on: January 15, 2023, 01:45:57 PM »

Time to air out the warm gloves - everyone having some time outside today.  Gave the birds some fresh fill for the feeders. Well, I at least got to the three at the kitchen bay.  Had a chickadee show up for oily sunflower while I was still filling. Had 4 more birds, goldfinch, on the nyjer feeder by the time I got back inside.  It will be busier soon when the bulletin is spread!

I was glad to find that what I thought had happened to the oily feeder is what had happened.  The seed basket is one of those circled with a heavy wire cage so only small song birds get to chow down.  I do put one of those black cone baffles to keep squirrels from going up the pole and hanging on the wire while pulling out seeds with their feet.  What happened (and what I thought had happened) was those 40-50 mph winds got under the baffle blowing it up the pole and taking up the baffle and feeder, blowing them all to the ground.  Nothing broke, it was all metal makings.  All I had to do was line things up in the right order.

Only casualty was a rabbit.  I'm assuming--looked like rabbit fur scattered in the grass.  I know there was one that I saw scamper out of a close bush a few times this summer.  I wish it had been my friend the squirrel.  >:(   Nope all the "stuff" I tried didn't work.

But at least the birds are happy.  We've got a cold front with wind that moves in after Monday.  They will need to eat to stay warm.

BrokenLug

« Reply #603 on: January 15, 2023, 02:01:36 PM »

You know I would never disagree with you two lovely ladies .. kb and tig.

But no SKOL from us this afternoon.   :-*   ;)

Go Big Blue.   ;D
(NJ Giants).

Oh, oh!!!   LOL... too bad you need to root for a team from another state. Snark. LOL...  :o  ;D

But, but, but .. the stadium is firmly planted in the terra firma of the Garden State.   :)
U. S. A.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #604 on: January 15, 2023, 02:28:00 PM »

Lolol.... May the best team win...  8)
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #605 on: January 15, 2023, 02:35:37 PM »

so sorry BL - I just have to join the friendly banter!

And may the team win that owns the BEST stadium!..and all lit up in purple last evening.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #606 on: January 15, 2023, 02:39:55 PM »

Eagles,  What a lovely evening and birthday for Kris and you.  The three deer was a perfect ending to the evening. Love the Beach House menu and the sunset views must be awesome. Your clouds have moved over our area now.... It started raining last night, and expected to turn into snow tonight and continue the next two days... 

Phyl, stunning sunrise pic... sweet pics of The Norths...

Clynn, Oh no! on your first morning post :o I hate that....  I hope all goes well for the Big Bear Eagles. and eaglets.... gorgeous pic of the cardinal gathering... sweet feeding for SWFL eaglets...

Tsk, Where do you keep Lulu's food dish? Looks like she's use to company at mealtime... as you say "baby steps" :-*

Kb, beautiful lilies for Jilltosa... I know how you feel. Sadie is like Ollie, she always has to dig her nose in the snow during walks and is more excitable. All the animals scents are stronger after a rain and snow. She tugs on the leash on those days.... carnitas sounds yummy!

Tig, bro-WC bag for vole! LOL!

{{{Puff}}} a good day between rain drops to fill up our bird feeders too. I think my squirrel population is low because of the GHO. And rabbit sightings have been rare.

Peepspy sent me this pic of a gray seal pup that's ready to explode!  ;D
« Last Edit: January 15, 2023, 04:12:27 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #607 on: January 15, 2023, 03:23:06 PM »

KB   Sounds like they don't do much salting/sanding in your area.

TIG   The vole is going out in style  LOL

LISA   Tomorrow I start my calling the docs office again a couple times a day looking for cancellations  LOL Need to get a visit this week get a visit this week  ::)

PUFF  Valiant effort getting outside today.  Winds sure don't let it feel like 42 degrees.  Your birds are happy tho.  :)   Rain moving in tomorrow.

LANI   I think you meant the Lulu comment for me and not CLYNN.  Her dish - now elevated - is in the kitchen away from all the hustle and bustle. The vet at the shelter e-mailed today and I told her where we were at and if she had any suggestions.  We'll see if she replies.  That's one big rolly-polly on the sand  :o :o
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #608 on: January 15, 2023, 03:34:07 PM »

tsk - on the highways and the County roads they do...they use an industrial strength kind of mixture.
On residential roads you are right, they limit it....the environmentalists have gone overboard.
Although, I did e mail our Public Works supervisor and ask her to at least prioritize hills....on the few blocks of hills there was more tar showing.

We have what's called a no dry pavement policy for residential roads...which means tar isn't a priority and the mixture they do use when they do is "environmentally friendly"....
Not safe at all

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #609 on: January 15, 2023, 04:04:19 PM »

Happy Birthday, Jilltosa !

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #610 on: January 15, 2023, 04:13:10 PM »

KB   Sounds like they don't do much salting/sanding in your area.

TIG   The vole is going out in style  LOL

LISA   Tomorrow I start my calling the docs office again a couple times a day looking for cancellations  LOL Need to get a visit this week get a visit this week  ::)

PUFF  Valiant effort getting outside today.  Winds sure don't let it feel like 42 degrees.  Your birds are happy tho.  :)   Rain moving in tomorrow.

LANI   I think you meant the Lulu comment for me and not CLYNN.  Her dish - now elevated - is in the kitchen away from all the hustle and bustle. The vet at the shelter e-mailed today and I told her where we were at and if she had any suggestions.  We'll see if she replies.  That's one big rolly-polly on the sand  :o :o

Yes, I fixed the post that part was for you.  ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #611 on: January 15, 2023, 04:45:43 PM »

Clynn   A real bummer when one looses one's post esp first of the day.   >:(   One can never have too many cardinals --; tks for SWFL Eagles update fromCarol Fowler Marshburn. Someone in Decorah is lonely.

Tsk  {{{Lulu}}} and prayers.   Moving Lulu's dish to a more quiet spot.   ;)        Tomorrow  when you call , maybe timing will be right & you'll get an earlier appt.

KB awesome silverback; your's and  Ollie's walk what a dissappointment for you both; awesome night shot of  stadimum

Lori yummie strawberry cupcakes for Jilltosa

Lani good precaution on GHO with Dewey and Milo/Norman can't be too careful. Good snapshot

Tig Shucks ---No White Castle burgers in that bag.

Eagles dinner by the seaside is so lovely--- Glad y'all were able to do that on Kris's birthday. We loved doing that while in Miami.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #612 on: January 15, 2023, 04:56:00 PM »

On January 12, 2023 we had another visit from our Cane Ridge bluebirds ... the Spring clutch of 2020.
Although I'm usually on the look out for them. Still had to make a dash for my iphone.
The starlings are a problem. Inspite of them, I was able to catch this...

This looks like  our male, CR-29

And, a wee bit closer look at him. 1-12-23.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #613 on: January 15, 2023, 05:04:03 PM »

Looks like there might be some 'ice fishing' below Great Spirit Bluff Falcons
Jan 15, 2023 4:59 PM
Camera Time: Jan 15, 2023 4:58 PM CST

Sauces bald eagle cam

BrokenLug

« Reply #614 on: January 15, 2023, 05:07:42 PM »

... well it sure looks like all the boys have shown up to play ...   :)   8)

Giants - Vikings
U. S. A.