Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 447939 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #5580 on: June 01, 2023, 07:54:33 AM »

Lisa - it's already 75 here heading to 88...with a high dew point.

Just returned from an Ollie walk and he didn't get too hot....it's the only way.

Am going to mow my front yard very soon too to escape the heat....

We've had the A/C on running 24/7 for about a week or so now.....not improving looking out for 10 days.
What the heck happened here?...from severe winter to hot summer and it's not even summer yet.
No real spring this year.

How are all the kitties doing today?

kbshcb

« Reply #5581 on: June 01, 2023, 07:58:50 AM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1662880927050240000

Unbelievable garbage at the top of Mount Everest.

Some humans can be so filthy....

oldguy

« Reply #5582 on: June 01, 2023, 07:59:27 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

It looks like the rain is going to miss us again today - another day hot day of 90 - we have not had more than a sprinkle in the last 2 weeks - grass is not growing and starting to look dry, no mowing this week...

Lani - hope this helps to start your day - from Ala Moana HS in Honolulu...
MBUBE (the lion sleeps tonight) BAHURU   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB2b_g9DJnE

This is from last Nov. - Roy Orbison III - grandson of the great Roy
6-year-old Roy Orbison 3 , stage debut with Joe Walsh & Dave Grohl on "Rocky Mountain Way"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aur1LQamiTQ

Phyl - this is Lesley's video from 2 years ago on the Bluebirds
A Bird Once Almost GONE FOREVER!   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOYZeN6mbTM

It was my fault that Maru lost his perfect balance   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ4Ot5Wp9-o

LuLu’s Stroll, Ice Cream Indulgence, and Tada🥶🥶🥶 (ENG SUB)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXzrwpzH4lg

Belamy is back on drums for this one..
Quarantine Kids play "Dance Tonight"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZvk_7dGDls

Time to get ready for work....
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

karengramke

« Reply #5583 on: June 01, 2023, 08:17:39 AM »

69 going to 81!  Possible drizzle or light rain!   High humidity!  Have my thermostat set on ac!  Temp setting at 78!  Like heat it only comes on when the indoor temps excede that!   Goes off when it is back down!  Easy peezy! 
Phyl, i need to pay some attention to my red bud!  Does Jim feed it?  With what?  Have alot of dead wood that needs to be pulled out! 

Hh coming at 9 today.  Her car doesnt work and she could not get a ride to get her here at 11! Do not really like am hours!   Not an early bird like most of you.  Guess .i have had my days!
Clynn, moving hostas is a big job!  They look so pretty and healthy i
Around your porch! 

Thanks Lisa.  Will check my email!   I do not know where Phyl buys her shrubs but .I would  try Michaels,s, if you have one.   There are some very expensive ones on line!

Lani?

Where is Lori?   

Nr,  how is your. Garden doing?
Waving to all beakers!

« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 10:51:48 AM by karengramke »

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #5584 on: June 01, 2023, 08:54:05 AM »

I have 10 minutes to spare before I go with Debbie to turn in her car!  It was pouring rain all the way to Erin's to pick up the kids! It's about 17 miles, with a stretch of it on I-80 and it was rush hour, with rain. White knuckles until I exited!

tsk, karen, I am not moving the deck hostas! I have a variety of hostas I have purchased  and a couple of those are on the side of the house. Those are the only ones we are moving. I got some hostas when I was at Mom's and a few weeks ago from a yard sale. They have been sitting in pots. I will post some pictures when I get back!
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

karengramke

« Reply #5585 on: June 01, 2023, 09:09:45 AM »

Clynn!  Good deal on the hostas!   Do be careful in that weather!    Been in those rains when it was coming down so hard  you could not see!   Terrifying!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5586 on: June 01, 2023, 10:23:47 AM »

LISA   Got my walk in to church and back this AM  So hot already.  Ran AC last night and am sure today as well.

KB   Just tears my heart apart to see the top of Mt Everest.  What on earth do people think. :o  Shameful.

OLDGUY  Love the two bass instruments in the back  :) for Lion Sleeps.. Very cool version   Roy Orbison 3  ;) ;)  Maru  ::)  Good piece on Claire and Lulu   Enjoy your work day - Stay cool.

CLYNN  Good deal; cuz I liked the hosta border around the deck.  :D  Take it easy today.

No food for me today - the big C  exam for me tomorrow - Hopefully my last one ever.  Today is the worst day not eating  :P :P
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #5587 on: June 01, 2023, 10:34:29 AM »

kb - All the kitties are doing good.  I am hoping the ones that don't want to eat the wet and hard food catch on soon.  They want to nurse and Misty is not kicking them off yet. So sad to see all that garbage on Mt. Everest!

oldguy - Thanks for the videos.  Have a good day at work.  :)

karen - Glad you got the pics!

clynn - Glad you made it safely to Erin's. 

tsk - Good luck with the big C test tomorrow.  The no food and all that drinking is the worse. 

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #5588 on: June 01, 2023, 10:48:21 AM »

some bounce

I finally got up early (5:30) and was on the lake at 6:30. I caught a bass (!) and am eating it for lunch. Yum! Sorry TSK. Good Luck tomorrow...
Hugz all...
I'm going to get some more liquid in and then lay down for a bit. 83 degrees inside the cabin. There is a breeze, but...
TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5589 on: June 01, 2023, 12:26:38 PM »

TIG   Yeah on the bass.   :D    Bet it tasted delicious!!  Grateful for the breeze in the cabin.
Chicagoland

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #5590 on: June 01, 2023, 04:36:40 PM »

HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!  :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5591 on: June 01, 2023, 06:02:01 PM »

BAZI   Love that saying about happiness
Chicagoland

T40cfr403

« Reply #5592 on: June 01, 2023, 06:31:54 PM »

Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5593 on: June 01, 2023, 06:46:52 PM »

T40  Loved the first search engine.  Used it regularly.  ;) ;)

Where was LANI today.  Hope it wasn't another " Whatta day"
Chicagoland

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #5594 on: June 01, 2023, 08:31:49 PM »

Lani - Are you still working out in your yard?  Did you recoup from the convention?

Phyl - Like the Barbie you posted this morning - she is in red, white & blue! Thanks for the cam pics today!

Kb - Wow - the Tiger picture!   Glad you & Ollie had a nice walk today. :)   Oh no, the vid of Mt. Everest was sickening. :o ::) >:(

Clynn - What a wonderful Grandpa is in taking the day off to watch his Munchkins!   Oh okay, thank you, but I feel so bad you explained about Kelsey not being able to drive. I did not know that or I would not have asked if she got the car. So sorry.   So, Talon & Bella are going on the cruise too?   Love the pics of your Munchkins ending 2nd grade and preschool!  ;D

Tsk - Wishing you all the best for tomorrow!  The worst is in preparing for the 'C' test. ::)  I'm sure Tim will be the one accompanying you. :)

LisaG - Hope all of you are having a nice evening!  Are you & Jeff getting more sleep now?

OG - Loved the vid of Roy Orbison 3 on stage!!! ;D

Karen - You have lots going on!

Tsk - The worst part about the 'C' is the prep ahead of time.  Wish you all the best and soon after, hopefully getting to enjoy a favorite meal!

Tig - Glad you are having a good time and catching some fissies on your trip! ;D

Beakers have a good night.