Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1014988 times)

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #510 on: January 13, 2023, 08:50:15 AM »

Morning eagle buddies

Eburg - We listen to 60's & 70's music quite a lot - love all the songs and groups you listed! ;D  Hope you get to visit Museum at the Lakes.

Lani - Like your night pic.  Are you still getting any rain or snow?   Have a nice day in Phoenix  :)

Phyl - Interesting accidental momentous inventions - thank you - I will need to go back and read!  So sad about Lisa Marie Presley - RIP

Clynn - Like the pic of Lisa Marie & Elvis.  We were shocked to hear this on the news yesterday evening.   Thanks for posting Sue Bruhling - sweet pic  :-*

Morning Tsk, Puff & All

LisaG - Safe travel across the bridge and have a nice day  :)

Lori - Like your Friday 13th gifs - cute!  Wishing you all the best at your appt. and hope Destini has a good visit with the Vet. {{Lori}}

Tig - Have a great pool day  :)

Oldguy - Thanks for link; blame someone else day!

Kb - Like your morning pic - beautiful kitty.  You & Ollie take care out there - I know you do well at being safe at what you do. ;) :)

All Beakers have a nice & safe day.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #511 on: January 13, 2023, 09:14:09 AM »

PHYL   Was only aware of a couple of those accidental inventions.  Interesting.

CLYNN   What a sweet pic of Lisa Marie and Elvis.  Sue's report of not much bonking at SWFL would be a miracle  LOL

LANI   Enjoy the day in Phoenix - Safe trip.

LISA  In considerable discomfort.  Next appt is the spine doc on Jan 24th.  Am calling twice a day to see if there are cancellations so I can get in sooner.  This is ridiculous.

LORI   That's right - Friday  13th!  :o :o

TIG   You deserve a pool day today.  :)

OLDGUY    " Blame someone else" day - easy enough to do  LOL

KB   Beautiful large cat.

Lulu has now vomited 3 times in 10 days.  We are just not sure how to feed her.  She is a very hyper cat.  I need to do some research on this.
Any ideas?
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #512 on: January 13, 2023, 10:27:54 AM »

tsk - oh sorry about Lulu....I imagine you've contacted your vet already?...
I would check out Royal Canin cat food, specifically the one for digestive issues.
I have had the same issue with Ollie man his whole life and only buy a hydrolized protein dog food bag from Royal Canin.....to start anyway?

Also sorry about your back...or um really the inability to see a Physician in a timely manner...to put it nicely.
Been there done that unfortunately...many times over.
The system needs a big fix...

oldguy

« Reply #513 on: January 13, 2023, 10:48:26 AM »

tsk - some things we found to work for our cat...
Water - no tap water - filtered worked for us for a few years - the last 2 years we used distilled.
Food - Rachael Ray Nutrish Inner Health dry food - this was the food that helped our cat the most.
Feeding schedule - the vet early on wanted us to restrict the amount of food available - small amounts with frequent feeding. 
Determine if the cat is eating too fast or too much - either will contribute to vomit - if only eating too fast, this bowl would help...
https://www.chewy.com/petstages-kitty-slow-feeder-cat-bowl/dp/253604
If eating too much then frequent feedings of small amounts is the answer.
We ended up getting an automatic feeder - the one we used is no longer made - it could be set for up to 8 feedings per day - cat would go running, every time it would drop food.
Here is the best I could find on Chewy...
https://www.chewy.com/pawple-automatic-dog-cat-feeder-20/dp/262057
Hope this info helps...
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #514 on: January 13, 2023, 11:31:04 AM »

Hyper activity in cats:
Lot of info here.
As you scroll the page there's section that addresses symptoms, click 'more'. And, you'll find that Vomiting and diarrhea, a(due to the hyperactive metabolism) are anong the symptoms.
https://www.bing.com/search?q=hyperactivity+in+cats+symptoms&qs=SC&pq=hyper+activity+in+cats&sk=SC1&sc=10-22&cvid=D047588037C14478A4F2D8B4A73DDF33&FORM=CHRDEF&sp=2

But, call the vet.!
Maggie's water is always filtered as is ours. We use a PUR filter fitting on the tap.  The water  and ice from the fridge is also filtered.
 How do you wash her dishes?
 Never, never, never use bleach!toxic and you could be slowly poisionng her. Just put in dish washer on bottom rack and wash on the 'Sani' setting. Let the scalding water /detergent do the rest. ;)

Is she 'inhaleling her food--gulping/wolfing it in? If she's wolfing her food---she's prob  really hungry.  Your vet can help figure out why. 
« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 02:51:42 PM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #515 on: January 13, 2023, 12:04:47 PM »

OLDGUY    All good suggestions.  She is pretty much on only wet food for now.  I like that slow eating bowl - On line, using an egg carton was suggested for the slow eating dry food LOL

PHYL   Good articles on hyperactivity in cats.
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #516 on: January 13, 2023, 01:38:42 PM »

((Lori)) - Hope the injections make you feel better, and I hope all is OK with Destini! 

tig - Hope you had a great pool day.

oldguy - Blame someone else day!  ;D

kb - Awww, pretty sleeping kitty at the zoo.

E4E - Thanks, hope you have a good day, too.

((tsk)) - I hope and pray they can get you in sooner, and not make you wait 10 more days. Some good advice from oldguy and Phyl for Lulu.   

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #517 on: January 13, 2023, 03:02:57 PM »

Something else, Tsk. Low blood sugrar?  Nerves? Fear something else will eat her food?  Try not to control her food intake too much---this could make her more hungry and contribute to a worse condition.

Try an elevated feeding station---you want to keep her head and neck aligned in a straight horisontal plane. At the very least keep her dishes off the floor in a holder that's 6"s high from floor to top of dish holder.   I can show you (in photos) what I  did for Maggie as she was barfing up her chow from time to time. I did this from dishes I have in the cubboard that I was'nt using. Once I did this Maggie was fine.

Oh do you give her treats?   If you havent thought of this---may I suggest, Catit is a creamy real poulty or fish  treat in a tube  that's squeezed as kitty licks the top. The Catit treat is high protine and will help Lulu keep her protine levels up and stave of hunger.   And, give Greenies in  roasted chcken or ocean  tuna. Those are great for the teeth and gums.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 03:05:53 PM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #518 on: January 13, 2023, 03:19:18 PM »

HAPPY FRIIII-DAAAAY, BEAKERS!  :)

Stay out from under ladders today.   8) ;)

I was fearless on the swingset, and jumping from it. We marked our distance, as if it were a long jump contest. I often won  ;)  but took home as my prize lots of grass stain on my palms and knees (and clothes - sorry, Mom), along with some occasional scrapes to go with.  ;) :D  I was also fearless on the merry-go-round, which could never go too fast for me, and I could never lean out as far as I wished I could've while holding on to the bars - loved the "G-Force" and centrifugal force of it, and wanted more, more, more!  ;D  It was my all-time favorite playground equipment.

Eburg, that's the music of my days, too.  I would've been a groupie of your band.  ;D

(((Tsk))) and (((Lulu)))

(((Lori))) and (((Destini)))

Lani, safe travels today!

Clynn, loved your "Wednesday With Bella" pics!  :-*

Prayers for all those in the path of the severe storms across so much of the country.

Take care, Beakers.  :-*
« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 03:24:18 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #519 on: January 13, 2023, 05:04:25 PM »

LISA   I just called and I moved up 1 day in my spine appt  LOL.  Will keep calling twice a day again on Monday to try and get an appt next week.

PHYL   Dish already elevated and filtered water in use.  Bought the squeeze treats and she will eat it only if squeezed in the bowl  LOL  We give her Greenies too  ;) ;)

Re the tornados:  See if you can follow this:  Our nephew Mike and his wife live in Birmingham.  His wife's brother's wife is Kelsey.  Her grandparents lost their home ( I've forgotten the town) and would have been killed but they were at a doc appt!!!
Chicagoland

oldguy

« Reply #520 on: January 13, 2023, 05:51:31 PM »

Good Evening Beakers

Very cloudy day here - high of 27 - no precipt - clouds are expected to clear and a low of 19 - clouds returning mid day and a high in the upper 30s.  Rain coming in late Sunday with a high of upper 40s and then mid 50s for Monday with rain tapering off by 5pm - less than half in of rain total. :(  we need more rain.  We have no snow on the ground and have missed several rain events in the past 6 weeks.

Latest update from Kilauea   -   https://www.youtube.com/post/Ugkx1gYnj6oGRDlTSzMzNjZ6fuIQ3pS_oGOY

Fridge Repairman vs House Guard Cats! (ENG SUB)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7TVJY60zWA

It is CASH’S 13th BIRTHDAY...
Quarantine Kids play "Shake It Up"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edJiiZR0rnk

Home Free - So Long Dixie   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS4PAvdIq-E

A heads up for tomorrow...
NATIONAL DRESS UP YOUR PET DAY   -   https://nationaldaycalendar.com/national-dress-up-your-pet-day-january-14/

« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 06:47:38 PM by oldguy »

LisaG1967

« Reply #521 on: January 13, 2023, 06:30:01 PM »

Baz - Happy Friday!

Tsk - I guess one day moved up is better than none, but yes keep calling every day.  It’s a shame that your PCP can’t call the spine doctors office to try and get you in earlier.  Will pray for a earlier appointment 🙏

Oldguy - it has been cloudy and dreary here all day, and it’s supposed to get windy tonight.  Wow, Cash is 13! Thanks to the videos. 

Have a good night, everyone!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #522 on: January 13, 2023, 06:42:22 PM »

OLDGUY   Fridge repairman link not right??    Q kids growing up in front of our eyes
Chicagoland

oldguy

« Reply #523 on: January 13, 2023, 06:47:59 PM »

OLDGUY   Fridge repairman link not right??    Q kids growing up in front of our eyes

fixed it

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #524 on: January 13, 2023, 09:41:06 PM »

Tsk - 'Squeeky wheel gets the grease'; keep calling your Doc's office and I bet they get you in sooner!  Terrible to be in such pain. {{Tsk}}            My suggestion is to feed Lulu smaller amounts and don't leave food sitting in her bowl.  Just give her what she will eat during the moment.  I see Oldguy gives some good advice too.   I used to have cats, but only have my dog now and I think the same applies for cats & dogs (small frequent feedings).

Oldguy - I agree with what you suggested to Tsk; no Tap water.  I only give my chihuahua purified drinking water (not faucet water).  You gave great suggestive help to Tsk.    Thanks for links & updates!

LisaG - Hope all went well for you today.

Hi Baz!

Tsk - Scary about those Grandparents house - so lucky they weren't home!!  :o :o

Good night Lani, Puff, Lori, Tig, Kb, Clynn, Weasel, Blschue Eburg, Pink, BL, T40, & All Beakers