Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1015097 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #480 on: January 12, 2023, 03:23:08 PM »

yah!....Andrew just left and was so impressed with my tool he went out and bought one for himself and his work.

He does think regular roof rakes damage the shingles and so got to use my avalanche and he also said it goes much quicker.

Doing the back, 2 story was difficult still...He literally had to sit on top of my pergola above my jacuzzi, use my tool with all extensions to get to the middle of my roof....poured salt down my one gutter we can reach with a 2 step ladder near my outdoor porch and then did the whole front of my house too.

My porch leaked all night long and all day.....can't remove snow in that area due to the mast and powerline.
As I stated the snow literally reaches the power line.

There was the beginning of an ice dam over the bathroom.....I think the bathroom vent might someone allow heat to escape either through the vent itself or it's not sealed tight anymore?....Was done years ago by an electrician.

Anyway, did the best we could and still a lot of snow on the back roof and gutters still frozen but we shall see.

Tomorrow I need to remove tons of snow that fell on my yews....and fix a wind chime.

Later, time to make dinner but PHEW!

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #481 on: January 12, 2023, 04:01:31 PM »

Hi Beakers!

Happy Day, and stay safe!  :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #482 on: January 12, 2023, 05:14:42 PM »

OLDGUY   She really went to a lot of work for that feeding station.  Just heard about the Selma tornado in the car.

TIG   thought you were talking about 2 concerts - WOW  Such a deal.  Saw  Man Called Otto this afternoon.  Had read the book "Ove" a couple years ago.  Was a good book to make into a movie.  Loved Marisol.

KB   You are doing all you can.   Just be careful of your own health and glad Andrew saw a new tool he could use.  It takes a village.

Hi Bazi

LILBRO  Are you still sunning or back home yet?
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

LisaG1967

« Reply #484 on: January 12, 2023, 05:52:00 PM »

Have a good night, everyone!

Phyl

« Reply #485 on: January 12, 2023, 05:56:34 PM »

An interesting cat tower for outdoor cats...
DIY Elevated Feline Feeding Station - RaccoonProof and OpossumProof   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5vHailRInw

That looks like something Lisa could use for BB kitty.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #486 on: January 12, 2023, 06:02:35 PM »

Tsk I gather all the Lulu activity is while y'all are asleep.  Enjoy these times ---from what I've read, 5 cat yrs equals about 1 calendar year and 1 month is equal to  5.5 cat months all ppproximate of course.  ;)   An indoor kitty,  it's first year is about 18 yrs old +/- so add   about 5 yrs to that as each year passes---she'll be 30 something before you know it. You can look this up online. My brain might be a tad 'fuzzy'.
Dogs age a bit differently, of course.
I love Maggie so much  :-*

Lisa it was a nasty Thunderstorm. And we had hail between .25 and .50 inches. I pert near thought the windows were gonna crack. Don't want to see the roof. Guess we ought to though.
Actually, Geek Squad couldn't fix the problem. And, told me I'd have to correct the issue on a piece by piece basis as occassion brought to surface. I do know 'what not to do' though. 

Clynn enjoyed the 'swing' photo. I did that too. We called it 'bailing out" like out of an aeroplane.  Count of '3' and  leap.  I never cared how high I went---loved the thrill of it all. Mom always put me in pinnafore dresses and put me in thights to match my dress ---unless it was summer then I went bare leg.  I had to be more modest and wore shorts underneath---boys!   ::)
She finally stopped with the white tights when I came home and they were brown from the desert dirt and iron dust that filtered  down wind from the open pit mine. It coverd 'bout everything out doors.  Merry-go-round, jumped off those too.  Injuries  ::)

{{Kb}} Jeff Beck, 'Danny Boy'. Lovely rendition. Oh that cute seal pup!  :-*  Your brother, oh my.  All that frozen precep. Glad Andrew is handy for you.  I know you will--- Do becareful!  Praying for you!

Tig  Way to go! Now all you have to do is plan and wait. Such fun concerts. Teeth grinding  :(  Hope all goes well for you on that front.  Safe driving!

Eagles Dan sent me a link to some weather radar. Shows most of the storm at it's most severe in Oregon.

Tsk thanks for the mini review of "...Man Called Otto."  From the trailer, looks to be a really good flick---Tom Hanks, fantastic as always.

Hi Baz

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #487 on: January 12, 2023, 06:06:40 PM »

Everyone, have a 'Good Evening' and a 'Good Night'

Sauces bald eagle cam

kbshcb

« Reply #488 on: January 12, 2023, 06:13:47 PM »

Thanks all..tsk and phyl....

It's hard to put into words actually how difficult this winter is/has been....I appreciate it.

I hope not to be a pest....I try to just explain the minutia.

We did have some time today to try and laugh....with Ollie man of course.
I didn't like any of the pics Chris took, but oh well...

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #489 on: January 12, 2023, 06:22:42 PM »

some bounce

Such a beautiful drive. Update: it was not the veneer but an old filling, cool. And he put some filling where I had ground through the surface of a gold crown. The impressions were a slight torture, of course. The mouth guard will be worn at night with a slight jut to the jaw, to assist with any apnea. And no pain med! I asked for some "gas" to go. Dentist laughed.

A Lean Cuisine butternut squash ravioli with veggies for me. Camper will eat at the indoor hockey rink where he is taking some pics tonite.

SED all
(KB)    we decided to leave some of the berm the snowplow left at the end of our drive, on the side we don't use... in hopes the next plow won't be able to throw snow beyond it. I've mentioned before... when the plow comes down our street, the yard next to us has no driveway, so there is a lot of snow built up that gets dumped into our drive. (Our cigar-shaped block is between two streets, with half the driveways on the west and half on the east street). Bizarre.
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #490 on: January 12, 2023, 06:28:28 PM »

tig - I hear ya....while I was out front with Andrew removing snow from my roof, 2 bobcats came to remove snow from behind the apartment complex across the street.

Andrew says go ask them if you give them a 20 bill they will break down your pile at the end of your driveway.
So I did.....unfortunately, there is no where to put it he says...except in my garden.....nope I said, but thanks anyway.

This pile is 15 feet out from the curb, a city issue, plus my neighbors add to it and Andrew can no long push snow with his big plow into this berm from my driveway.....so now we have no where to put it for next week's snow....

Ugg, is all I can say.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #491 on: January 12, 2023, 06:30:32 PM »

PHYL   Rough storm.  Gets scary when you think the windows will break.  I don't remember if I ever wore dresses except to church and Easter and Xmas as a kid  LOLOL  Tom Hanks son plays Otto in his younger years.   So that is what squirrel tails are for  LOL

KB  Ollie doesn't look like he minds those hugs at all   ;) ;)

TIG  Dental visit turned out better than expected!
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #492 on: January 12, 2023, 06:31:39 PM »

Phyl Did the boys really make Time magazine's men of the year.  That would be fantastic?

P

Phyl

« Reply #493 on: January 12, 2023, 06:32:28 PM »

You all can throw a kiss to my ginger if you don't have access to one!

Harley!

Harley :-* :-* :-*

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #494 on: January 12, 2023, 06:33:01 PM »

For kiss a ginger cat day---/i]
Here's my favorite ginger cat:
London's Street Cat Bob of Covent Garden fame. With Jame Bowan, a brusker and street peddler of the 'Big Issue' magazine.
Rest In Peace, Bob!
I had only just met you---then your gone.     :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(      :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* 

Sauces bald eagle cam