Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1015214 times)

oldguy

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

oldguy

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #466 on: January 12, 2023, 09:39:48 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

KISS A GINGER DAY
https://www.youtube.com/post/UgkxJXX2_grn_H5nFSlOvP_LUd9a3ejHXsmd

Great news out of California - a benefit from the "atmospheric river"
Southern California now out of 'extreme' drought category   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avZRh9jgOb4

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #467 on: January 12, 2023, 10:02:15 AM »

You all can throw a kiss to my ginger if you don't have access to one!

Harley!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Puff

« Reply #468 on: January 12, 2023, 10:06:55 AM »

Hope these work - Look what I found

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/breaking/ct-eagle-watching-season-illinois-0119-20220122-zy5y62lia5afnov6efbzfe7nw4-story.html

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/environment/ct-bald-eagle-viewing-illinois-20230106-wgczhl5l4jfjlm4ltovrjw52k4-story.html

P

Both links pop up with a pay wall - have to be a subscriber to view

Duhhh -  Of course they pop up for me OG I have a subscription.  Official dummy of the day award to me.  Does anyone have a get-around technique?

P

oldguy

« Reply #469 on: January 12, 2023, 10:23:01 AM »

Ryan is live this morning with tornadoes on the ground in Alabama... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJvxwIq5CFc

We are at 32 and not expecting to get any warmer - the precipt stayed to the south of us overnight.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #470 on: January 12, 2023, 10:55:25 AM »

Puff, this is one of the great photos in your morning article. A bald eagle loses grip of its catch on the Mississippi River at Lock and Dam 18 near Gladstone, Illinois, on Jan. 21, 2022. (E. Jason Wambsgans / Chicago Tribune)

Good morning Beakers!
Hi Lilbro, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, BL, Lori, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

Puff, thanks for articles, there's a paywall, it's rare that I am able to move my arrow down page and ignore paywall request. I can't do that with Arizona, WP, NYT or Wall St articles.

Tig, fun concerts to look forward to! I'd go to the Stevie Nicks with Camper  ;D ... I hope all goes well at the dentist.

Tsk, Mike was promoted to run 4 plants this past early fall. Avon Lake, OH, Gila Bend, AZ, Austin, TX and Reserve, LA. He's busy retraining staff in Avon Lake, and all is well at the other three. His retirement date is April 2024.... Looks like you may be in an re-training program run by Lulu.  ;D

Phyl, the only way to ride a swing! Higher the better, I was a dare devil as a young Keiki.... good RRP blog, I'm mindful of that here.

Clynn, Love Harley's paw stretched out to you.... the potatoes! LOL!!!  ;D .. I was a swing jumper too. We marked where we landed as a contest. Teachers never said a peep.

{{{Hugs Lisa}}}

Eburg, Cool! Great moments  8)

Oldguy, Ginger Day! Happy to see it's a cat  ;D

Puff, I was able to ignore paywall and read article.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #471 on: January 12, 2023, 11:14:45 AM »

KB   Beautiful version of Danny Boy   Cute little guy  ;D

TIG  Safe driving and hope it is a productive visit with the dentist.  Lucky you with those tickets.

PUFF  Yes I was aware of that statistic.  What I meant was eagles in the Chicagoland area.

LANI   Great photo
Chicagoland

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #472 on: January 12, 2023, 11:43:23 AM »

Had to abort completing my previous post due to a certain cat... ::)

OLDGUY  Kiss a Ginger day  ;D  We had been looking at gingers to adopt but all were adopted by the time we got there.  Loved to find the calico.  You never see too many of them at shelters.  Good news coming out of California  :)

CLYNN   :-* :-* :-*to Harley.

PUFF  Sometimes disabling your ad blocker works.

LANI    LOLOL  That's for sure.  We have to learn the new game plan in this house   ;) ;)  End in sight for Mike - YAY
Chicagoland

T40cfr403

« Reply #473 on: January 12, 2023, 12:20:46 PM »

eburg - Great memories/story about the Yardbirds! According to one story I read, Clapton joined the band in 1963 and left in 1965. Beck joined in 1965 on the recommendation of Page. Page, himself, joined the band (and Beck) in 1966. 1966 was one of the great milestone years in all sorts of ways.  :)
Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

oldguy

« Reply #474 on: January 12, 2023, 01:37:22 PM »

An interesting cat tower for outdoor cats...
DIY Elevated Feline Feeding Station - RaccoonProof and OpossumProof   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5vHailRInw

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #475 on: January 12, 2023, 01:38:11 PM »

FYI... for those who have not heard... it is one concert!!
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

oldguy

« Reply #476 on: January 12, 2023, 01:56:52 PM »

Today is turning into a major outbreak for tornados in the south.  The biggest one at this time was at Selma Al..  -  debris was found 20 miles away, shortly after - radar is still showing that the debris from Selma is still moving at the top of the storm cell and currently 80+ miles away at 20K ft.  This line of storms is now approaching Atlanta Ga.

Latest info - the Selma tornado remained on the ground for 55 miles.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 02:14:46 PM by oldguy »

LisaG1967

« Reply #477 on: January 12, 2023, 02:20:01 PM »

Afternoon Beakers  :)

oldguy - Thanks for the update on the storms. 

tsk;D, Lulu keeping you on your toes!  I hope I get to see her this summer.  :)  Wow, she is a tiny thing!

Lani - Aww, thanks for the hug!  So, just one more year and a few months, and Mike will be retired.  I bet you are happy!

clynn - Kisses for Harley!  The dreaded merry-go-round! 

E4E - It would be awesome to walk with Lani.  :D

Puff - Thanks for the links to the articles.

tig - I bet that will be a great concert!  Drive safe.

kb - Oh no, not more snow!

Phyl - Hope you are making out ok with the storms.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #478 on: January 12, 2023, 02:35:06 PM »

FYI... for those who have not heard... it is one concert!!

No, I did not hear, glad for you both. Enjoy!
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Puff

« Reply #479 on: January 12, 2023, 03:05:10 PM »

Puff, this is one of the great photos in your morning article. A bald eagle loses grip of its catch on the Mississippi River at Lock and Dam 18 near Gladstone, Illinois, on Jan. 21, 2022. (E. Jason Wambsgans / Chicago Tribune)

Good morning Beakers!
Hi Lilbro, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, BL, Lori, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

Puff, thanks for articles, there's a paywall, it's rare that I am able to move my arrow down page and ignore paywall request. I can't do that with Arizona, WP, NYT or Wall St articles.

Tig, fun concerts to look forward to! I'd go to the Stevie Nicks with Camper  ;D ... I hope all goes well at the dentist.

Tsk, Mike was promoted to run 4 plants this past early fall. Avon Lake, OH, Gila Bend, AZ, Austin, TX and Reserve, LA. He's busy retraining staff in Avon Lake, and all is well at the other three. His retirement date is April 2024.... Looks like you may be in an re-training program run by Lulu.  ;D

Phyl, the only way to ride a swing! Higher the better, I was a dare devil as a young Keiki.... good RRP blog, I'm mindful of that here.

Clynn, Love Harley's paw stretched out to you.... the potatoes! LOL!!!  ;D .. I was a swing jumper too. We marked where we landed as a contest. Teachers never said a peep.

{{{Hugs Lisa}}}

Eburg, Cool! Great moments  8)

Oldguy, Ginger Day! Happy to see it's a cat  ;D

Puff, I was able to ignore paywall and read article.

I know about being blocked - just didn't  know it was off hands for these two items. Same always goes for mail pintrest and twitter.  If I see that I just ignore that post and go on to the next.  Yep, I do chose to live on totally without those, especially twitter.

P