Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1015213 times)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #450 on: January 12, 2023, 06:03:20 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

eburg, wow, you certainly had the right job back then! And yes, it was a different time in this world...

Phyl, thanks, I totally misinterpreted, I thought you meant at the end of your words to me...I watched the newscast, wow. Then I saw the sign 'Donner Pass 4'. There is s Memorial Marker in downtown Springfield, IL commemorating the starting place of the Donner Party when they left on that fateful trip...

Lani, Bella is really in to making funny faces, especially when I want to take her picture! Loves to use scissors, tape and glue... she keeps me on my toes, and all I need to fuel her with is mac n' cheese!

tsk, Honey is my cat for knocking things off onto the floor! And she is good at finding things to practice this skill! That sounds like a pretty heavy load to knock off though! I was looking to replace the ornaments that broke when they brought down the Christmas tree a few year ago. My favorite one, in the Keepsake The Beauty of Birds series that started in 2005, the Northern Cardinal (#1 in the series)- I can't find one for less than $150 even on eBay! Needless to say I didn't get it, I will keep looking... And we still love those darn cats!

Lisa, let's all go to Lani's and walk with her and Sadie...I would love to!  Better than a treadmill.  ;D ;D

RIP

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #451 on: January 12, 2023, 06:21:48 AM »

Good Morning Everyone !

How well I remember doing this. Although never told my parents about it.

Right now, cloudy and windy   63F .  Later  heavy Thunderstormd and 66 F .  Nighttime 37 F scattered rain .

Had the Geek Squad here yesterday afternoon to help me with a couple of PC issues.

Hi Lilbro

Hi Karen, Pink and Nrstooge

Clynn Looks like you and Bella had loads of fun yesterday---that is some tiara.  ;)   Luv Hobby Lobby , loads of fun.  ;)   Thanks for Big Bear update and congrats to the pair.   

Tsk LOL Lulu.  Ditto Kb as  a new kitten/ young cat are just like having a toddler in the house, keep the floor picked up and boxes sealed and secured.
  Your new favorite word is  'NO!"    ;D :-*       Congrats Lulu on being an official member of the family and mind your 'Ps and Qs" .

Kb I heard that yesterday AM about Jeff Beck-wondered the same thing. RIP

Oldguy your cat gifs for Tsk  LOL    Luv the 'Q' kids thanks.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #452 on: January 12, 2023, 06:22:28 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

Rodenticides, proposed rules, and raptors
https://www.raptorresource.org/2023/01/11/rodenticides-proposed-rules-and-raptors/

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #453 on: January 12, 2023, 06:22:55 AM »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #454 on: January 12, 2023, 06:25:15 AM »

Decorah North Eagles
Jan 12, 2023 6:23 AM
Camera Time: Jan 12, 2023 6:23 AM CST

DNF and Mr. North

Sauces bald eagle cam

LisaG1967

« Reply #455 on: January 12, 2023, 06:57:55 AM »

clynn - That sounds like a good walking plan. "When you leave the potatoes in the bag for a month"  ;D

Phyl - Be safe with the storms coming.  I hope the Geek Squad got you all fixed up.  Thanks for the blof post from Amy, and the DNN pic. Swing puddle problems  ;D

Puff

« Reply #456 on: January 12, 2023, 07:09:44 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

Rodenticides, proposed rules, and raptors
https://www.raptorresource.org/2023/01/11/rodenticides-proposed-rules-and-raptors/

Sad followup to Amy's report - A couple weeks back an eagle was rescued on the north shore of Chgo's lakeshore.  It was taken for examination and treatment, with possible rodenticide effects.  It was!  We lost the poor eagle.  Yet another danger to the eagles.

P

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #457 on: January 12, 2023, 07:21:56 AM »

37 degrees and that will be temp all day. CLOUDY

OLDGUY   Yes that is how it goes.  Have found coffee stirrers, pencils, paper clips on the floor in the morning.  Not used to a jumper.  ::) ;)

EAGLES  When we got all her paperwork yesterday we found out that she is actually 1 yr ad 3 months old not the 10 months to 1 year they had told us.  She was born on Oct 19, 2021.  When she was spaded in Dec she weighed 6.8#  She is a tiny one.

LANI  I used to flick the marbles with my index finger  LOL  Mike home safe and sound for a while.  ;D  Hope the plant is running well and his trainee continues to be responsible and a hard worker.   Sweet little Holly.

PHYL    LOL     Yes standing on the swing.  Am not sure I did that but others did.  Think I was kind of a chicken. :o    Rodenticides -  :P   Now on playgrounds many use ground up tires or the like and make the ground soft  - reduce injuries...How did we ever survive???

EBURGH   Boy were you lucky to live near where you could see all those incredible bands up close and personal.  Yes, it sure was a different time back then.

CLYNN   I'd walk outside any day to the treadmill which is why it gets dusty in the summer  LOL    Potatoes in the bag  ;D ;D ;D ;D

PUFF    I had not heard that about the eagle on the north shore.  How sad.  We have so few of them around here.  Dang
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #458 on: January 12, 2023, 07:31:44 AM »

Phyl, love the vintage swing pics, yes, we stood up on the swing and puddles were a challenge, there was always a crater under the swing! I remember jumping out of the swing when it got just the right height...

Thanks for Amy's Blog, always interesting, and delivered to the Beak Room each day! And there they are, the Norths together in the early hours...

tsk, interesting about Lulu, they don't always guess right, do they? Honey is small too but Harley makes up for it! And he is scared of her! I am not sure how we all survived our childhoods!
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #459 on: January 12, 2023, 07:35:51 AM »

https://youtu.be/v1_A4_h4fkU?t=1

A short clip of Jeff Beck playing Danny Boy....boy, he could let his guitar sing....not just raucously, but beautifully as well....only 1:34.
RIP
Eburgh.....lucky you!

Morning all!
This guy is darn cute.....

Andrew is heading over after noon to try and help me get that avalanche ( a tool) up on the roof...2 stories up, to move some snow.....if possible..
Got to really put something in the ends of the gutters to melt their frozen nature...or melting snow will just drip right over them...

Some leaking inside my screened porch....which is outside my house but this weekend warming temps might make it very wet.... Power line is almost being touched by snow over it's roof so won't be able to rake the snow off safely.

Forgot to mention, my twin brother got bacterial meningitis when he was 1 year old and almost died...This is really a disease of young children, particularly males...suspected it caused life long learning issues with bro.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 07:38:30 AM by kbshcb »

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #460 on: January 12, 2023, 08:00:30 AM »

bounce!!

Got in on a presale and got our tickets...  Billy Joel (for me) Stevie Nicks (for him) in the Fall. WooHoo!

Now... off to drive for an hour to the dentist. Lost a piece of a veneer the other day (on back of tooth, luckily). And an impression for a mouth guard. I discovered I grind my teeth during the day, percussion to go along with the constant ear worm of whatever tune is in my head! The dentist asked if I did because he noticed bone bumps below my teeth. I wish this would have been discovered years ago.
Going to leave early because we got some sort of precipitation early this a.m. I heard it rolling across the roof like on a quick wind. Strange.

HAGD
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #461 on: January 12, 2023, 08:08:51 AM »

tig - I noticed that weird type of precip early this am too as had to do a pick up for Chris and was worried about the roads.
Main lines down here at least are still good...lots of salt dropped with that ice storm yesterday.

But, now my decks after completely clearing them and drying are icy again...Not sure Andrew and I can work on them now....

Oh and another 5.5 to 6 inches predicted next week over a few days....my roof can't take it anymore.....nor can I :)

Drive safe.

Puff

« Reply #462 on: January 12, 2023, 08:13:14 AM »

37 degrees and that will be temp all day. CLOUDY

OLDGUY   Yes that is how it goes.  Have found coffee stirrers, pencils, paper clips on the floor in the morning.  Not used to a jumper.  ::) ;)

EAGLES  When we got all her paperwork yesterday we found out that she is actually 1 yr ad 3 months old not the 10 months to 1 year they had told us.  She was born on Oct 19, 2021.  When she was spaded in Dec she weighed 6.8#  She is a tiny one.

LANI  I used to flick the marbles with my index finger  LOL  Mike home safe and sound for a while.  ;D  Hope the plant is running well and his trainee continues to be responsible and a hard worker.   Sweet little Holly.

PHYL    LOL     Yes standing on the swing.  Am not sure I did that but others did.  Think I was kind of a chicken. :o    Rodenticides -  :P   Now on playgrounds many use ground up tires or the like and make the ground soft  - reduce injuries...How did we ever survive???

EBURGH   Boy were you lucky to live near where you could see all those incredible bands up close and personal.  Yes, it sure was a different time back then.

CLYNN   I'd walk outside any day to the treadmill which is why it gets dusty in the summer  LOL    Potatoes in the bag  ;D ;D ;D ;D

PUFF    I had not heard that about the eagle on the north shore.  How sad.  We have so few of them around here.  Dang

Now I wonder, too, tsk if you saw the article in Monday's Trib.  Lead headline says "Illinois ranks 2nd behind Alaska for wintering raptors."  Pictures of the new Four Rivers Environmental Education Center in Channahon.  I went to see a program opening the new construction in Will County fall 2021.  The article also listed about 6 more Eagle Days in the  area, including Starved Rock and Great River Eagle Days in Quincy.

Six column article, almost a full page in section 1.  Clipped out the article to send it to Amy and the RRP group.  I better copy it and put it in a file first.  Interesting.

P

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #464 on: January 12, 2023, 09:26:36 AM »

Morning everyone

Lani - Glad Mike is home - happy dance by Sadie & Dewey  ;D

Phyl - Cute congrats post for Tsk & Tim.  I remember those fun swings  ;D  Like the retro pic of puddles under the swings - we all remember that!  Thanks for DNN pic  :)

Eburg - Wonderful & fun memories of being at all those music events!! 

LisaG - Good that you have a treadmill  :)  What fun it would be if you could walk with Lani! ;D

Clynn - Great pic of Jeff Beck.  Your Honey must be quite the active one around home Lol  ;D   Potatoes in a bag Lol!   Love the retro playground equip! ;D

Puff - So sad about the eagle  :'(

Tsk - That's great you know Lulu's actual date of birth - I know she will have such fun being a part of your family - she may be small, but I bet her activity will make up for it! Lol  ;D ;) :)

Kb - Cute pic this morning  :)   Thank goodness for Andrew - glad he will be coming to help you today - you all stay safe.

Tig - Yaaay for those tickets you got!!!! ;D  Good luck at your dental appt. :)

Hi Oldguy, Lori, Baz, T40, BL, Pink!

Everyone have a nice day - stay warm, dry & safe.