Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1001899 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #4380 on: April 30, 2023, 11:27:26 AM »

KAREN  Precious to have a nest on the porch.  JILLTOSA usually has robins on her front porch.

LISA  It was KAREN who mentioned Willi  :-*  I have Willi's b-day as Oct 12th.
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #4381 on: April 30, 2023, 11:32:12 AM »

KAREN  Precious to have a nest on the porch.  JILLTOSA usually has robins on her front porch.

LISA  It was KAREN who mentioned Willi  :-*  I have Willi's b-day as Oct 12th.

Oops....sorry!

I see karen was talking about clynn's post...Willie Nelson...90 yrs old!  ;D

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4382 on: April 30, 2023, 11:46:48 AM »

Mombrella during rainstorm  :)

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

Lisa and Jeff, have a nice Sunday with your furry family!  ;D

Karen, safe travels are wished for Mickey  :) ... and good wishes sent to the finches.  ;D

Baz, I meant to tell you Norman is our hefty boy, with skinny legs  ;D

Clynn, Happy 90th birthday Willie! Can't believe it!  ;D. ....   Harley and the WHR precious owlets  :-* .... great morning quote of HWL ... glad to hear Kelsey's is doing well.  :-*  Kay's sister isn't staying very long. She must be arranging to have others take care of things. After convention, we'll be busy packing Aly's things and preparing for her to leave by the 24th or so. We have the contractors arriving after Aly moves out to replace the shower and such.  :(. I'm going to see if Mike could see if they could wait until the 2nd week in June. Give me time to plant pots, get things covered and protected from the remodeling dust and such. I'm going to miss Aly very much.  :'(

Phyl, a well stocked and fed DH2  :-* ... thanks for RRP blog ....

Royal Albatross Cam 4/30
📝Tomorrow Monday May 1, the chicks will be weighed instead of the usual Tuesday, and SP chick will be 101 days old.

Here is South Plateau chick this morning, beside his excavations in the bank with North Top Flat chick, slightly visible, above.
Image credit: Sharyn Broni

4/29 12:14
Lunchtime treat.

Dad GLY arrives with lunch for SP chick.
Here's some good mouthfuls, and a few strands of spaghetti too.
There is still time to scroll back and watch Dad's visit.
Thanks for watching and enjoy your weekend.

Sweet calls to Dad  :-*
https://twitter.com/i/status/1652236603937689601

4/29 This is my front lawn!  ;D
SP chick was not too happy about a pair of adolescents stopping by, last evening.
Chick soon moved them off with his snapping bill.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1652096287150604288

4/28 Chick SP had a lot to say when he returned to his nest!  ;D :-*
https://twitter.com/i/status/1652111538701111296

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

karengramke

« Reply #4383 on: April 30, 2023, 12:37:30 PM »

Tsk precious  to have the babies on the porch but I am afraid they and the nest could be blown off of that ledge!  No way I would be able to put it back or take them to an animal vet!  I wish it would blow down now like it has every other year!

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #4384 on: April 30, 2023, 12:45:51 PM »

Happy Day, Beakers! :D

My little sister was in town for a quick visit yesterday, and we had a great time! This is the sister who is "Mom" to Etta the girthy cat.  ;)  And she is the grandmother to my Littlest Great Niece and Baby Bro and the two sets of twins. Lucky girl!  :) :-* :-* :-*

We had dinner near the riverfront downtown, and then we drove out to the beach for an after dinner adult beverage while sitting on the dining part of the pier at an oceanfront restaurant, and then walking out on the end of the pier that is beyond the covered dining portion.  We went for a short walk in the sand at the edge of the water - it was warm enough to kick our bare feet in the waves. It was great weather, but pretty windy... "Beach Hair" - LOL! - curls and frizz enough for several people... ha ha. We got some big time "Sister Sillies" while taking selfies...  :D :D :D  A good time was had by all.  :) :-*

Gotta get a walk in real quick if I can before this big storm line hits - I see it on the way now out the window!

Later, gators!  ;)

« Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 04:09:38 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #4385 on: April 30, 2023, 04:14:49 PM »

baz, you and your sister look like two ladies having fun! It's still too chilly here to sit outside and have a good beverage! And then you have the Mountain Sister, right? 3 of you?

karen, I know what you mean about the nest, after this season you could have your handyman attach a small shelf in that spot, then you could enjoy the finches! Micky is on her way home by now, but it sounds like you have a good set up at home. Just take your time and go ever-so-slow. You will get moving around easier and easier as long as you don't fall!

Lani, I wish I could be there when you start packing Aly's things, so I could tell you 'every little thing's gonna be alright' and give you a big hug! Kay's sister Debbie, is now coming on Saturday (6th) and leaving on the next Wednesday (10th). She said this will be the short visit to look things over and try to figure out what and how to get things done. She will be back later for a longer time. Diana and I are setting up just a small memorial service, just to get together with friends, not sure of the date yet. Thanks for the Albatross update!

tsk, funny mix-up! Yes, williwaw's birthday is Oct 12!

Decorah Eagles - Mandi Smith - DH2, look at those big yellow clown feet!

Dunrovin Osprey Nest - Kitty Carlyle - Swoopie and the eggs, 04-29-2023
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LisaG1967

« Reply #4386 on: April 30, 2023, 04:39:41 PM »

Baz - What a great pic of you and your sis!  Looks like you all had a wonderful evening. 

Lani - Thanks...we have had a good Sunday with the fur kids. One of the lil tabby's has just barely opened its eyes today.  Had a visit from the real kid too.   :D  Thanks for the Royal update. 

clynn - How nice of you and Diana to do a lil service for Kay.  Great pics from Decorah and Dunrovin.

I am heading to the room, and going to try and get to get some sleep.

Have a good night, everyone!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4387 on: April 30, 2023, 04:45:44 PM »

LISA   LOLOL  " Who's on First!!! I'm mixing up Willie Nelson with our Willi   ::) :-[ ::) :-[

LANI  Sweet mama and baby ellies.    Found out later of course but my Mom cried for a day when I moved out and got my first job moving from Milwaukee to Chicago!!!  You have so much going on for a few months. One step at a time.  Little SP hobbling around the best he can after giving those two the business  LOL

BAZI  Couldn't help but smile at the two sisters  LOL  What fun.  Can see how windy it was.  :o

CLYNN  A memorial service would be so nice - You would do this when Debbie comes?  Osprey eggs are works of art.  :o

LISA  And how is the real kid doing  LOL
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #4388 on: April 30, 2023, 06:23:36 PM »

Clynn Yes indeed the Miss is at crest.  In the 'The Flyaway Cam' thread we've been discussing this very situation. And we're all extremely concerned.
Not long ago I had posted this in The Flyaway:
Mississippi River Flyway Cam
Apr 27, 2023 11:21 AM
Camera Time: Apr 27, 2023 11:21 AM CDT
Birchwoman

I don't like the looks for this snap.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #4389 on: April 30, 2023, 06:25:06 PM »

Clynn so happy to hear {{Kelsey 's }}doing well after Kay's passing. I wou ldn't fret much if she's  still texting Kay, as when my mother passed I kept her cell on my phone and called her a few times. I kept asking for her and was told she no longer lived there. 3rd time was charm as when the lady anwsered it all hit me I choked up and aplogized explaining that mom had just passed and I forgot. All was well.

Tks for Wild Heart Ranch update/photo the owlets, related or not look great  :-*

Wow! Harley is a rotund fella.
My Maggie is down to 3lbs and looks like a skelaton wearing a fur coat. But those lovely green eyes still glisten,  spring in her step and the trills in her mews are plentiful. My little 'old lady' is just fine  ;)

Tsk 40's F aren't too bad.  Homemade salsa is a snap, 5 mins.  :)  The fourth cat in my  Caturday post is easy to find. Keep your eyes on the 'light'.

Hi Karen can't add to what eveyone has commented. But, having Verigo has taught me to take care and deliberate moves will keep you safe.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #4390 on: April 30, 2023, 06:44:58 PM »

Safe journey for Mickey---prayers to St  Christopher.

Lisa  keep 'the nursery' photos comming.  Yes the flooding in The FlyaWay is getting bad. Nice AM flower;   visit from 'the real kid'--guessing eveyone's doing good
Not long and the 'real kid' will be a 'real dad'  ;)   :)

Lani tks for the Royal Albatross cam updates via Twitter---great photo of SP so fluffy and white. :)  Aly will be fine.  ;) :-*

Clynn  tks for Mandi Smith's Decorah Eagles -snap of DH2, That's a eally good idea for  Karen and her finch nest.  Awesome osprey eggs.      What a lovely gesture by you and Diana for Kay and family---I'm sure the memoral service will be greatly appreciated by all. Bless you.

Bazi Tks for the photos---  oh you two silly gals.   ;)  Take care w/ the bad weather.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #4391 on: April 30, 2023, 06:47:23 PM »

I stayed up late last night so get an AM photo...  ;D

Tembe Elephant Park
Apr 29, 2023 1:25 AM
Camera Time: Apr 29, 2023 8:24 AM SAST
Birchwoman

SAST stands for  South  African Standard Time

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #4392 on: April 30, 2023, 06:51:40 PM »

Dinner will be Chicken A la Roi (king) instead of toast cups I'll just pour over left over linguini. I'm lazy.  White wine and green salad bathed in olive oil vinegret. No dessert--Jim not happy.   ::)

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #4393 on: April 30, 2023, 07:01:09 PM »

Wishing Beakers a 'Good  Evening'  .     

Sauces bald eagle cam

karengramke

« Reply #4394 on: April 30, 2023, 08:05:10 PM »

All by myself for the first time since I fell!  Baby steps!
Baz, wonderful pictures!  Looks like a fun time was had by all.  How are all the children doing?
Lisa, did Brad,ey like the kitties?   He will soon be in a life of limited sleep!
Clynn, sounds like you and Dianne have a good plan for Kay.
Lani, Sly will most likely shed a few tears when she departs for  Oregon.  How is Shannon?
Phyll, Mickey thanks you for the prayers to St. Christopher.   She thanks all for their kindness.
My vet came to the house  to get Mickey and she checked out the nest,  she thinks it is good, 
Haven’t seen the pair in two days!
Have a good night all!