Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 544570 times)

BrokenLug

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #4365 on: April 29, 2023, 11:14:07 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--ND7U44k_M

Pip some mighty fine paddle craft right there !

Ready for the real big rivers ?

we slide south

I personally would be hairy wary of water in general 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2023, 11:44:05 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4366 on: April 30, 2023, 01:06:24 AM »

Oh, I forgot to add in... I can't watch the sad TV ads for saving animals, or starving or very ill children, or other similar requests, which, oddly, all seem to be $19.99 a month, and they send "thank you gifts" to donors, making me not even want to think about what very small portion of any donations actually go toward the person or animal's rescue or aid. I also can't watch the natural wildlife attacks on other animals anymore. I know it's natural, but I can't watch it. Thank goodness for remotes to change channels or mute while I look at something else.

Lani, we were posting at the same time!  :D  Cute Caturday keyboard kitty.  :)

Baz, I agree with you about tv ads  :(
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4367 on: April 30, 2023, 01:29:51 AM »

Phyl, glad your shot went well.

Kb, sweet desert cat ... Herb and Sue, cute names for them.  ;D

Lisa, glad to hear Bandit is being a good sport about it all! The kittens are adorable, love those little precious paws  :-*

Clynn, glad to hear Kelsey is doing okay.  :-* I remember how upset she was when Kay fell...  I sent her a sympathy card too ... I've been busy getting caught up and handling changes for the convention. Not enough time in the day, it's been stressful... I've never watched Old Yeller, Bambi, and I cried at the end of Charlotte's Web and The Yearling too. I'm not getting my summer plants to pot until after Mother's Day.... the B&B kittens are so cute, I'd love to cuddle one.... Dh2 is growing, great pic by Smb.... Happy for Dunrovin's Harriet.

Tsk, adorable Lulu pics doing laundry duties.

Tig, Puff the Magic Dragon, I can remember the verses... have a good day.

Lori, love the Caturday pics/gifs.

Hi Baz and Etta  ;D

T40. thanks for links.

{{{Karen}}} I hope Mickey will come back for a visit soon. She's a great friend... Black Beauty  :-\

BL, thanks for Eric Clapton.

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Kris, Lori and her grandma Clute, Puff, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Pink's mother, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Tim, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Clynn's friend Kay, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Prayers for Mississippi, Nashville, SWFL Eaglets, Eagle's Star, DNR and Trio nest. 🙏

Special Prayers For Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Eagle's Kris, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Dale Hollow Eaglet, Star, SWFL Harriet, Black Bear Ted, Lucy, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #4368 on: April 30, 2023, 06:02:07 AM »

Good Morning … Happy Sunday

Now 53F cloudy. Today 61F partly sunny.  And, tonight 45F and  clear.

Lani sweet kitty for Caturday night

BL enjoyed the Eric Clapton music video
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #4369 on: April 30, 2023, 06:02:43 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

Eaglet Growth and Development: Week Four
 April 28, 2023  RaptorResource

https://www.raptorresource.org/2023/04/28/eaglet-growth-and-development-week-four/

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #4370 on: April 30, 2023, 06:05:18 AM »

Checking out the 'Fly away this morning

Mississippi River Flyway Cam
Apr 30, 2023 6:03 AM
Camera Time: Apr 30, 2023 6:02 AM CDT
Birchwoman

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #4371 on: April 30, 2023, 06:14:21 AM »

Peeked in to see how the n est was doing

Decorah Eagles
Apr 30, 2023 6:09 AM
Camera Time: Apr 30, 2023 6:09 AM CDT
Birchwoman

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #4372 on: April 30, 2023, 06:34:38 AM »

And,..

Decorah North Eagles
Apr 30, 2023 6:16 AM
Camera Time: Apr 30, 2023 6:16 AM CDT
Birchwoman

#IstandwithEvan

kbshcb

« Reply #4373 on: April 30, 2023, 06:42:43 AM »

Mo, the bonobo.

tsk - Chris and I finished the Secrets of the Elephants series.

All in all it was great...somewhat repetitive at times, but overall my take was that indeed Elephants may in fact be smarter than humans ( they have huge brains for mammals)...in this way: They are very adaptable, work as a large team/herd, their memories are generational, and the youth respect their elders....can live to be 70 years old in the wild.
We have much to learn from them.

Snowing off to my north and east....
Finally, may warm up to average by mid week..

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #4374 on: April 30, 2023, 07:09:37 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, The Mighty Mississippi is flooding fast... it promises to be a real mess as the flooding heads downstream. 40 here, high 55 today. Love the good morning picture!  I see the fourth cat! And the kitteh yoga! I have never seen The Yearling and now I know I never will...  Sweet pic of DH2 getting breakfish!

Lani, Kelsey seems to be doing okay. Now and then out of the blue she will say 'no more Kay' so she understands somewhat. I will look at her phone to see if she has been texting her, but I don't think she has. Kay's sister will arrive Saturday night and leave Wednesday, her first trip to see what is what. Kelsey is anxious to see Debbie! It doesn't sound like you have been able to get a lot of rest, your body will be glad when the convention is a memory! I just want to cuddle and watch Misty's kittens, I know you do too...  :)

baz, love Etta's girthiness, Harley is rather girthy too! Here he is in my baking dish...

tsk, I love Lulu's coloring too, it's nice that she helps with the laundry. We must all know people who hardly let anyone else get a word in edgewise. There was a gal at work years ago, Jean Schnoes, who would stop talking, but as soon as I started to talk she would rewind instantly, drowning me out. Over and over. Drove me crazy. Got to when I saw her name on the caller ID I wouldn't answer, and then I would answer her question her in an email.  Still chilly here, now until Wednesday, when we are supposed to break into the 70's.

Lisa, Jeff has been taking wonderful pictures of Misty and her babies, the black and white goes perfectly with their color! It is often hard to distinguish them, they all pile up over and under each other so you can't even count them! Love the weight pictures, they are all doing good, and the tiny one isn't far behind! I have wondered if Bandit looks at them and thinks, 'wow, some of them look just like me!' He is a perfect step dad!

kb, yes, I think spring is coming finally!

Wild Heart Ranch - First was 7 unrelated Great Horned owlets (could only get 5 to sit for picture) and now we’re at 5 unrelated barred owlets. Strange year. Everyone is doing amazing!💚

Happy 90th birthday celebration to the beloved Willie Nelson!
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4375 on: April 30, 2023, 07:14:25 AM »

GOOD SUNDAY MORNING EVERYONE

Mid 40's all day and rain moving in.

PHYL   LOL  Kitten yoga  ;D   I remember the Yearling but not my reaction to it - which I can bet must have been similar to yours. Sounds like you had a delicious south of the border evening.  How do you have the time to make your own salsa  :o  Thanks for Amy's review of Week 4

BL  Keep us posted on your travels..

LANI  Good night kitty lulled by the raindrops  ;)  Please take care of yourself  :-*

KB   Agree with all of your observations.  Wasn't it the smallest elephant species that had the biggest brain?  Mo  :o :o :o  handsome dude.

CLYNN   Have to go back and find the 4th cat..  Happy birthday Willi.   Will you look at all those owls  :D
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #4376 on: April 30, 2023, 08:16:18 AM »

tsk - yes, the Asian elephant ie. pygmy elephant which is smaller but has the relatively largest brain.

karengramke

« Reply #4377 on: April 30, 2023, 08:55:50 AM »

Good morning,  mickey is busy doing laundry hers and linens!  She leaves somethings here.  I bought a bath robe for my step mother so she did not have to pack one and now Mickey wears it.  A pink terry cloth that ties.  I tried it but  seems to have too much fabric.  Full sleeves with cuffs, etc but as old as it is it still looks new!
All the cat and kitty pictures are adorable. Love seeing them.
Temperature here today will be in the mid 70’s  been higher but the rain has cooled it down!
While I did not watch the elephant series I have watched other shows about them and they are amazing!
Clynn, I think Kelsey is doing well with regard to Kay.  Doing well with processing this event!  Give her a hug from me!
Some house finches have built a nest on a sna,l ledge on the edge of mt front porch/door roof.  It is in a corner and looks cozy.   They have tried this every year  and is usually is blown away before they could get it finished.  This year it has stayed.  I am afraid they will have babies up there and it will blow down!  Sweet birds but they do not have the brains of e,
ELephants.,off to talk to Mickey!

karengramke

« Reply #4378 on: April 30, 2023, 09:17:16 AM »

Take care Lani!
Happy birthday, willie! 

« Last Edit: April 30, 2023, 10:54:25 AM by karengramke »

LisaG1967

« Reply #4379 on: April 30, 2023, 10:20:37 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

tig - Oh no, hope all is OK with the car. 

karen - Mama said, they have been getting alot of rain.  I agree with you, can't do the sad dog/cat commercials during the holiday season.  I have to change the channel.   

Phyl - Cute morning greeting.  Yea, the 3am wake up calls are hard  ;D  The Mighty Mississippi is really high!  Thanks for the cam pics this morning.

Lani - Love the good night pic, and thanks for the kind words on the kitties.

kb - Hope the snow stays N & E

clynn - Thanks, Jeff's phone takes really good pics!  Yea, they are always in a pile, and don't cooperate for pics sometimes.  ;D  Bandit really has been good about the whole thing.  He is so darn curious of them. 

tsk -This is our third day of rain, not heavy, but just a light rain to make the grass grow. 

BL - Thanks for the tunes.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2023, 11:32:27 AM by LisaG1967 »