Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1015344 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #435 on: January 11, 2023, 02:32:57 PM »

Kb great owl shot w/field mouse (vole).  Just adore the orphaned leopard pair from Russia. Conditons are bad, poor Ollie.  REad further---sounds like a good plan. Great photo of school bus. Gee you ourside photo---stay indoors!

Clynn DNN was taken at 4:44Am---foggy. Cute greeting this AM. Thanks on Dan. Those steetl rods have to weigh his legs down---I fret about his ability to run and swim. He sent me this link listed below for the weather in Sacramento.
Great photo of Stewards of the Upper Mississippi River Refuge  and what looks like whore frost.

Tsk Lulu & Tim how sweet.  Good news from the vet. 'Paid adoption fee...waving the 2nd week..." soooo she's a keeper.

Tig breakfast for dinner is always good from time to time. Esp the one yo have planned

Lori sweet in more ways than one your AM post today.   

Lisa good news from Doc---don't you have a treadmill or such?
Eagles drive safely/be extra careful

KCRA-NBC affiliate
https://www.kcra.com/

« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 06:29:52 AM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

Sauces bald eagle cam

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #437 on: January 11, 2023, 03:10:49 PM »

HAPPY DAY BEAKERS!  :)

Take care, All.   :-*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #438 on: January 11, 2023, 04:54:01 PM »

PHYL   Not such good news for the Great Salt Lake  :(     How can one ever plan for all the consequences of human activity.  How can we see into the future...
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #439 on: January 11, 2023, 05:28:49 PM »

Oh no....Jeff Beck died.....78 yrs. old....of recently contracting bacterial meningitis....now how the heck does that happen I ask myself......
One of the greatest guitarists imho.

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #440 on: January 11, 2023, 06:24:50 PM »

Good Evening Beakers!

Bella and I had a fun day today! We went to Hobby Lobby, she wanted some marbles. She has been obsessed with marbles lately, and of course, we have a lot of marbles (yes, Ed buys those too)! She has been digging through them and pulling out the peewee marbles, only she keeps calling them 'kiwi marbles'.  ;D ;D We played a couple of games, did some art work and she wrapped presents tor her Mom, Dad and Talon. Just little things she found, I think she wrapped a marble for Talon.  ::)

Phyl, I think you forgot the link you said Dan sent about Sacramento. It looks pretty badin this one I found:  https://www.sacbee.com/news/weather-news/article271042662.html
Bad news on the Great Salt Lake, is the earth falling apart little by little?  I think so...

tsk, I had to chuckle when you said you waived the second week of trial for Lulu, I bet you couldn't pry her away from Tim...they have bonded!

Lisa, well, that is good news from the Dr, not to worry so much about it and just move around more!

Lori, what a bunch of cute kitties and puppies!

Big Bear - 1/11/23 - 3:58 pm - Congratulations to Jackie and Shadow on their first egg of the season!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #441 on: January 11, 2023, 06:46:09 PM »

CLYNN   I'd have fun at Hobby Lobby too.  Wish I was along!  What a fun day you had.  " kiwi marbles"  LOL  Love the princess tiara.  I must report Lulu was in deep trouble this afternoon.  I was doing my PT exercises in the basement when I heard a crash.  She had knocked off the shelf a box I put stuff for the next trip to the resale.  This one had mugs, candle holders, ornaments,  - all smashed,,  Sigh - boy did she fly!  Got it all swept up and on with the day.   Need to call the shelter tomorrow as the microchip number in "invalid" according to the company I'm trying to register it with.  Yes she is now officially adopted and had her own manila file in the cabinet   LOL   Congrats to Big Bear.
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #442 on: January 11, 2023, 07:14:55 PM »

Oh oh Lulu!.....tsk - you will need to readjust to the fact you have a new "baby" in the house. ;) ;)

Start thinking now to try to get ahead of her.....

oldguy

« Reply #443 on: January 11, 2023, 07:27:30 PM »

Tsk - OH NO!!!

Quarantine Kids play "Some Other Guy"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUTkHbGta3k
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #444 on: January 11, 2023, 07:29:37 PM »

Night Lani, Baz, BL, Oldguy, T40, Puff, and All  :)

Kb - Frozen & icy for you guys - glad that Ollie is content with staying indoors (no walking).

Tig - Glad it was a 'stay home' day - safer that way.    Yum! Enjoy your dinner  :)

Lori - Hi Lori - good to see you - how are you doing today?  Like all the gifs/pics - all so good!!

LisaG - Sounds like a good doc appt today  :)

Tsk - Congrats on finalizing your adoption of Lulu!!  ;D ;D   Oh my gosh - that crashing noise must have startled you.  :o   You will always remember that event happening on the day you finalized the adoption - a great conversation piece in later years.  ;)

Phyl - Thank you - there was sporadic rain on the trip, but all went really well - thankfully!  Not a good report on Utah's Great Salt Lake  :( :o

Clynn - Love all the Bella pics - but uh oh, the last pic - maybe feeling a little tired after all the marble playing? ;)  I remember loving marbles as a young girl too!!   How sweet she wanted to wrap presents for her family. :)   How nice that Ed has been buying marbles!

Everyone have a good night & sleep well - stay safe.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2023, 07:31:10 PM by Eagles4evr1116 »

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #445 on: January 11, 2023, 11:48:09 PM »

Lisa, I hope your doctor's appointment went well.  :)

Phyl, thanks for RRP blog ... interesting news for Utah

Kb, terrible icy conditions, I hope it melted by afternoon.... sweet Leopard cubs...

Clynn, glad to hear Kay has neighbors to help too... nice pic of Decorah N pair... pretty pic from Stewards of the Upper Mississippi River Refuge .... Alexa. LOL! ... Miss Bella was in a fun mood for her pics today. wrapped gifts for her family.  :-*. I played a lot of marble games. The skin above my thumb nail is tough from years of playing.... I'd be in a fun mood after Hobby Lobby too. I wish we had one closer ... congratulations to the Big Bear family!

Tsk, How's Lulu tonight? .. oh no, Lulu took care of the resale stuff! Lucky it happened after adoption. LOL! Congratulations to Lulu!  ;D :-*

Eagles, Glad you both returned home safely through the rain. Terrible stories of the flooding. :( ... Mike returned home late today, and Dewey and Sadie did the happy dance! Cats were bored.

Tig, yummy supper menu .. we love breakfast for supper, it's comforting and cozy for some reason.  :)

Lori, Fun Wednesday pics, I want the peppermint cookies.

Lisa, good doctor appointment. You could join Sadie and me for our morning walk  ;D

Oldguy  ;D

Good night! from TRR Holly

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Clynn, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Pink, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee,Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Eagle's Mother and Kris, Lori and her grandma Clute, Puff, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Pink's mother, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Tim, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Clynn's friend Kay, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Eagle's Kris, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For NEFL Samson and Gabriella, Black Bear Ted, Lucy, Reggae, Taffy Apple, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, Eagles's Star, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  Juliet and Romeo, Lucy and Larry, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #446 on: January 12, 2023, 02:37:42 AM »

Tsk and Tim---

Congratulations! It's final and Lulu has a 'fur-ever' home.
Let the antics begin!  ;D

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #447 on: January 12, 2023, 02:42:59 AM »

Kb great owl shot w/field mouse (vole).  Just adore the orphaned leopard pair from Russia. Conditons are bad, poor Ollie.  REad further---sounds like a good plan. Great photo of school bus. Gee you ourside photo---stay indoors!

Clynn DNN was taken at 4:44Am---foggy. Cute greeting this AM. Thanks on Dan. Those steetl rods have to weigh his legs down---I fret about his ability to run and swim. He sent me this link listed below for the weather in Sacramento.
Great photo of Stewards of the Upper Mississippi River Refuge  and what looks like whore frost.

Lisa good news from Doc---don't you have a treadmill or such? Could always go for walk with me. LOL

Eagles drive safely/be extra careful

KCRA-NBC affiliate
https://www.kcra.com/

Clynn Didn't forget the link---it's just above, in the quote. 
And, in my comment to you above, I said I'd post the link at bottom of my post.   :-* :-*

Sauces bald eagle cam

eburgbirdwtchr

• Hatchery nest visitor since 2007
« Reply #448 on: January 12, 2023, 04:19:32 AM »

RIP Jeff Beck.
I saw him when he was with the Yardbirds in the mid-'60s.  For less than $3.00 at the Roof Garden, Arnolds Park, Lake Okoboji, I stood with the usual group of musicians at the foot of the stage (a one foot riser off the dance floor) and watched the show, getting guitar chords and checking out the band equipment.  Either Jimmy Page or Eric Clapton....or both....was with the band at the time, too.  Need to make a trip up to the park and check out the Museum at the Park and solve that mystery.
I'd stand there, less than ten feet from the group.  That's how I saw the Beach Boys, the Byrds, the Turtles, Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs, the Everly Brothers, and more I can't think of right now.
Hard to believe....no security or anything....and no problems with the crowd.
Use the talents you possess: for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
Iowa Lakes Region, western North Central Iowa

LisaG1967

« Reply #449 on: January 12, 2023, 05:53:45 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

tsk - CONGRATS on the adoption of Lulu!!!  Reading the trouble that Lulu got into yesterday.  I think she is going to keep you on your toes.  :D

Phyl - Thanks, and yea I do have a treadmill, but have been slacking on it.  I am back to it tho, as of yesterday.  :D

baz and eburg -

clynn - Another fun day at Grandma's, and great pics!  Congrats to Big Bear on their egg#1!

oldguy;D  the kitty funnies.  Love those Q-Kids!

E4E - Yes, good appt, both Jeff and I came out happy.   ;D

Lani - I would love to join you and Sadie!  :D