Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1015669 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #390 on: January 10, 2023, 11:12:02 AM »

Thanks Lani....glad to read they only remove the egg for 3-6 days and then promptly return the hatchling after treating the nest....and of course replacing for those few days a dummy egg....and why.

kbshcb

« Reply #391 on: January 10, 2023, 12:11:04 PM »

Well, plans have changed for today....low clouds/fog have not lifted much. So, I asked my mailman just now how the streets were to walk a pup....he said there is lots of ice under the slush....
I see him often when I walk Ollie and he doesn't even walk the hills.....so, better be safe than sorry.

Will start a 1,000 piece puzzle then......sorry Ollie....also means giving up my dining room table, so tv trays here we come for awhile.

Later.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #392 on: January 10, 2023, 12:27:46 PM »

EAGLES  I'm much more comfortable on the dose of Aleve.  I could do the laundry  LOL

KB   We haven't had enough snow to even snow blow.  Brown grass with patches of green grass. Never had piles or snow that lasted more than a day..  Happy to see a free day worked into your schedule.  On Save the Eagle day you get Mr Mrs Tower to be present.  YAY  a puzzle.

LANI  Thanks for the royals update.  If I remember , they put a fake egg underneath right?
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #393 on: January 10, 2023, 01:11:10 PM »

tsk - Wow, I had no idea you basically have no snow, esp. compared to us!....I am very very jealous! ;)

I love Ravensburger puzzles for their beauty and the slightly thicker, better quality pieces...
But, but they've gone to mostly smaller ( I call them teeny tiny) pieces....and it's hard to find that out before I order, or in this case Chris ordered....1,000 teeny tiny pieces....it's tough.
I just now got them all turned over and border pieces separated.....ugg....will show pic when done.

LisaG1967

« Reply #394 on: January 10, 2023, 01:29:04 PM »

Good Afternoon Beakers

Phyl - Cute cuppa this morning.  Great pic of HM & HD this morning.

clynn - Fuzz on one's tongue  ;D  Thanks for the SWFL and Berry updates!  It had rained two days before the cold snap, and I saw Black BB kitty the day before it rain in the morning.  I have not seen BB kitty since.  There has been a white one that comes every evening, that belongs to a neighbor on the street that you turn to get to my house.  It must stay in all day, and they let it out at night, cause that is the only time we see it on cam.  We thought about picking up the food and shelter, but since the white one is coming, I just couldn't do it.

tsk - Good deal on the Aleve.  I take one every day for the Fibro, and it takes just the edge off, so I can function.

E4E - I would love to find a cup like that too!

kb - Cute pic of the cubs.  Hope you and Ollie had a good walk.

Lani - Thanks for the update on the Royals.

oldguy

« Reply #395 on: January 10, 2023, 01:38:12 PM »

KB - when looking for 1000 piece puzzles with larger pieces, you need to look for puzzles that have larger dimensions - if you take the measurements of a completed puzzle (usually listed in the description for the item online) and multiply the 2 dimensions you get the area.  A standard 1000 puzzle will be between 500 and 550 Sq. inches.  The puzzles with larger pieces will be 3 to 4 inches larger for each side, so the area will be somewhere near 720 sq. inches.  So a standard 1000 piece will be about 1/2 sq. in. and the larger sized 1000 will be a 3/4 sq.in. piece.

Maru's perfectly hidden, but he's visible.   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23KGeBuXlnY
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

kbshcb

« Reply #396 on: January 10, 2023, 02:08:01 PM »

KB - when looking for 1000 piece puzzles with larger pieces, you need to look for puzzles that have larger dimensions - if you take the measurements of a completed puzzle (usually listed in the description for the item online) and multiply the 2 dimensions you get the area.  A standard 1000 puzzle will be between 500 and 550 Sq. inches.  The puzzles with larger pieces will be 3 to 4 inches larger for each side, so the area will be somewhere near 720 sq. inches.  So a standard 1000 piece will be about 1/2 sq. in. and the larger sized 1000 will be a 3/4 sq.in. piece.

Maru's perfectly hidden, but he's visible.   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23KGeBuXlnY

Oh thank you for doing that Tig!....I just cut and pasted for future use....look for 720 sq inches...
So, they could have just said Larger pieces... :) :) :) :) :)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #397 on: January 10, 2023, 02:32:56 PM »

Oh thank you for doing that Tig!....I just cut and pasted for future use....look for 720 sq inches...
So, they could have just said Larger pieces... :) :) :) :) :)

KB, great info from Oldguy on puzzle piece sizes. Thanks, Oldguy:)  Also, my Ravensberger puzzles have a picture of a puzzle piece on the front that says "actual size" by it, so I have an idea of what size the pieces are. I don't know if your puzzle has that, too, or if you can determine that when looking at it online. Just a thought of something else to look for - at least for if you see them in person before you buy.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #398 on: January 10, 2023, 02:37:19 PM »

HAPPY DAY BEAKERS!!  :)

I'm on the run doing stuff, so just stopping in for a minute to catch up on posts and say a quick hello to all.  :)

Stay safe and warm, All!  :)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 02:30:51 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

kbshcb

« Reply #399 on: January 10, 2023, 02:40:02 PM »

Oops....thanks baz for pointing out it was oldguy, not tig, to provide that good puzzle info....

I had been out with my flat spade shovel removing tire tracks ahead of our now freezing rain prediction tonight....that's my story, and I'm sticking to it! ;)

kbshcb

« Reply #400 on: January 10, 2023, 03:20:42 PM »

This is my puzzle....sorry for the size.

But it's only 540 sq inches....so not what Oldguy recommends for larger pieces...

Lesson learned...

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #401 on: January 10, 2023, 03:28:41 PM »

kb, nice puzzle! Looks like a fun one to do!

Lisa, what a beautiful picture of HD & HM you posted on FB! It needs to be seen! The perk of being up when the sun rose this morning!  Thank you!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #402 on: January 10, 2023, 04:02:44 PM »

Clynn like you AM saying, always 'Peace'.   the new Ma Berry is lovely/majestic; Oh Harriet---needs a visit to the salon. LOL  I've noticed that eagles are rather fastidious. 
Awesome Des Moines sunset

Lisa interesting hot cocoa this AM

Tsk   Cute AM frogs today.   I take Xtra Strenght Tylenol caps at bedtime and upon rising--just to take 'the edge' off and keep my mind off my neck, spine ,hands and knee pain. I've been offered narcotics and turned them down saying I don't what the 'habit'.   

Eagles
guess you're still 'safe' with those rains  ;)

Kb do I love that trio of black bear cubs---hairy backs and all.  Puney day weather wise for you. Glad it will improve.
 That's great---waking up to just one 'to do' and a fun one at that! Your so lucky to see BEs---Tig too.

Lani thankis for Royal Albatross news and snapshots and info. The rangers do take good care of them.  Sweet little pup in Keds last night.

Hi Baz luv the snap of LGN and her bro swinging all bundled up.

Kb The size is okay as it's not a gruesome type  image. Looks like fun IMHO

Sent Dan an email this AM saying , I've heard so much about the Cali rains and all. That I became concerned.
 His reply---

"It's been pretty wet here, lots of rain, some hail, some wind damage (which I quickly repaired) but no flooding where I'm at.....yet.  Still living the dream   ;-)"
 ;) :)

« Last Edit: January 10, 2023, 04:10:27 PM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #403 on: January 10, 2023, 04:04:18 PM »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl