Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1016048 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #360 on: January 09, 2023, 11:51:08 AM »

WE have SUNSHINE today  :D

LANI  Another great good night pic   :)

PHYL   Thanks for Amy's blog  Always good stuff.

PUFF   BUT  Did you have a good time?  LOL  Only kidding.  I'm so excited for you just reading your play by play.  Could just imagine those planes and feeling the sound in my chest.  Memories of that will will linger a long while.  so glad you went and now the New Year is off to a fresh start.  :-*

CLYNN  Oh no.  Poor Kay.  Does she have a medic alert she wears around her neck??  Wonder if now something should be set up where she gets a morning and/or afternoon phone call to make sure she is not on the floor?  Hope it wasn't too cold for her to be laying there?  They are a special breed those paramedics!!   Love that bee coated in pollen.

LISA   Fun pic of you and Mom  ;D

LOL  I think I got a few souls out of purgatory this AM with the 30 min of pain in the flat position for the MRI  ;) ;) ;) :o :o :o  Then to PT who asked if doc had suggested Gabapentin?  So got home and contacted via MY Chart in the hopes by some miracle his nurse can bring that to his attention ASAP in his busy day ( he's in surgery tomorrow) as I do not have a teleconference with him until 5:45 on WEDNESDAY !!  Wait Wait..
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #361 on: January 09, 2023, 12:49:53 PM »

You just mentioning MRI brought on a claustrophobic attack - the worst of the worst tsk  !!!  On top of that laying flat for half an hour on metal table.  That is a challenge at the very least.

Yep I did kinda enjoy my CA time.   :P  Plus I have to repeat the beating of the odds related to RRP.  Not only with 4-5 hour tour by expert leader weasel/Lynn.  She could write a book on sites of the area.  But let me mention again. . .One of those was with the same group, from MN, close to KP, and also a travel advisor. . who was a fan of the Decorah group, although a percher she follows our feathered friends.  And, the other unlikely discovery was Avis seated next to me at the game, from Iowa.  She knew about us, too.  Maybe one of them was convinced to come meet the in-crowd at ATF.

KP do you happen to know her, or do you know where she has her office: 
Avis Bourne, Cruises & Tour Pkgs, 2100 Mississippi Circle Street, St. Paul?
I'm thinking "no". You're in Minneapolis area?

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #362 on: January 09, 2023, 01:30:58 PM »

tsk, no Kay doesn't wear a medic alert device, she probably should. She should be using a walker instead of the crutches, Ed has found her 3 walkers from the DAV store, and she uses one in her house. I saw her fall, she was trying to get her left foot up on the step and couldn't do it, then she fell. The hip that needs replacement is her right one, so I think she was leaning on it too much. The original time she fell in May of 2020 she laid on her bedroom floor all night because she couldn't get up, she called me in the morning and I told her to call 911. I don't know if she will ever be able to get the surgery she needs...

I do hope you find some relief soon! 

Sun shining, 50 degrees!

Lani called me, Payson, Pine and Strawberry are all having big internet problems, she will keep trying and hopefully they will get it fixed...

David Lynch's Birthday, if you want to wish him a happy birthday on his FB page.

LOLOL!!
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #363 on: January 09, 2023, 01:33:21 PM »

You just mentioning MRI brought on a claustrophobic attack - the worst of the worst tsk  !!!  On top of that laying flat for half an hour on metal table.  That is a challenge at the very least.

Yep I did kinda enjoy my CA time.   :P  Plus I have to repeat the beating of the odds related to RRP.  Not only with 4-5 hour tour by expert leader weasel/Lynn.  She could write a book on sites of the area.  But let me mention again. . .One of those was with the same group, from MN, close to KP, and also a travel advisor. . who was a fan of the Decorah group, although a percher she follows our feathered friends.  And, the other unlikely discovery was Avis seated next to me at the game, from Iowa.  She knew about us, too.  Maybe one of them was convinced to come meet the in-crowd at ATF.

KP do you happen to know her, or do you know where she has her office: 
Avis Bourne, Cruises & Tour Pkgs, 2100 Mississippi Circle Street, St. Paul?
I'm thinking "no". You're in Minneapolis area?

P

No sorry Puff...I don't know her....and yes I live in the Minneapolis area, not St. Paul!....as kids we never crossed the river! ;)....course I have many times as an adult..Chris went to St. Thomas University in St. Paul...so crossed the Ford Parkway Bridge too many times to count.

More importantly, I don't know her Beak name, never in life have used a travel agent....sorry Puff, remember I was a flight attendant so didn't need one in my youth....and then I became terrified to fly and haven't since I flew back home from Los Angeles..

LisaG1967

« Reply #364 on: January 09, 2023, 02:36:44 PM »

Phyl - Thanks and ((hugs))

kb - Yes, that woman loves a parade!   ;D 

((tsk)) - Oh my, laying on your back for 30 minutes had to be painful.  I hope your doctor gets back to you soon.  I see you mention MyChart.  Do you get your results there first, before the doctor calls you?  I know in MyChart, I do. 

clynn - Love brown paper bag book covers.   :D

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #365 on: January 09, 2023, 02:48:33 PM »

Afternoon everyone  :)

Puff - Thanks for sharing more details on your Pasadena trip - loved reading all about it! :)  ;D
Clynn - Oh no, so sorry to hear about Kay's fall.  You, Ed, & Kelsey are such wonderful friends and she is lucky to have you guys - hugs to all of you.  Hope she is not in a lot of pain today.  Prayers for all the best.    Yes, our home is safe from flooding, of which we are so grateful. 
LisaG - Cute gif this morning!  Yes, I am so happy with retirement life - I am enjoying everyday and feel so blessed. :)  Star is happy I am here, and it is nice when sometimes hubby & I decide spur of the moment to go someplace for a few hours.  :)     Lisa- I love the pic of you & your Mom at the Mardi Gras parade in 2017!!! You & your Mom sure know how to have lots of fun together - bet she had lots of beads in that bag!! ;D
Phyl - Hope Dan replies to you soon and that he is okay.   Roads are flooded and trees down all through counties up and down CA. :o ::)
Kb - Are you getting any melting yet or too soon for me to ask? ;) :)  Lol Ollie gets the 'zoomies'  ;D
Tsk - Glad you got thru the MRI - hope you get the medication you need to ease your pain.  Thoughts & prayers for you Tsk.
Lani - Clynn mentioned you are having internet issues today - hope your carrier gets it resolved soon.
Lori - Thinking of you and hope you are doing better today. {{Lori}}
Hi Tig!

Have a good afternoon everyone.

oldguy

« Reply #366 on: January 09, 2023, 03:01:31 PM »

Monday again...
had heavy frost this morning, but in the mid 40s this afternoon - back to a high of 32 tomorrow :(  At least we are not having the problems like California

Los Angeles River Flowing After Bomb Cyclone   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aby3cOqkrk8
Latest from Ryan - Frist 6 minutes covers West Coast - 6:00 to 8:00 for the Midwest and East forecast
A Significant Cross Country Storm Is On The Way…   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuYXx0jwcYw

Futon and Maru 2   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX7YW78KYXo
Cats Calligraphy 2023   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Kg3BnPuHJs

BL - have been listening to Tedeschi and Trucks since you introduced them here several years ago... 
Background on Trucks for those not familiar to him...  His uncle was the founding drummer to the Allman Brothers and got him a spot on the band in 1999 - he started his first band in 1995 at 16yo - He did an album and international tour with Eric Clapton in 2006 - He started the Tedeschi Trucks Band in 2010 - Susan and Derek have many award nominations over the past 20 years, mostly in Blues music, winning many of them.

Puff - I see that the address for Avis Bourne is a short loop street in a residential area at the Northern edge of St. Paul, so like you , she must run her business out of her home.  Not sure how close that is to Tig.

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #367 on: January 09, 2023, 03:02:28 PM »

baz - Me and Mama at one of the weekend Mardi Gras parades in 2017.  We made the Uptown Messenger newspaper that day.  ::) See Mama's bag, it was already filled with beads.  That woman loves her parades!

Lisa Guy, left, and Irma Martin, right, cheer for beads from Okeanos’ “John Wayne” float on Sunday, Feb. 26. Okeanos rolled with the theme “Okeanos Salutes American Icons.” (Zach Brien, UptownMessenger.com)

Lisa, I wondered if you saw your mom in any of the parade pics I posted the link to last night. I love that picture of you and your mom at one of the NOLA parades!!  Y'all made the news!!  :D  Okay... gotta ask... did your mom ever sneak and do any daring "upper body" exposes to "earn" that bag full of beads??   ;D  8)  :o  ;) :D :D 
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

kbshcb

« Reply #368 on: January 09, 2023, 03:05:14 PM »

eagles4 - no significant or even measurable melting here..it's still only 31 with clouds and now poor air quality....combo of fog, little wind, and air trapped at the surface...

This is the difference for MN compared to other areas....we typically don't melt significant snow till March or April and sometimes till May...Our average temp for this day is a high of 25....

By warmer temps here I just mean warmer than in the low teens, or twenties which we have today.

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #369 on: January 09, 2023, 03:18:49 PM »

WE have SUNSHINE today  :D

LOL  I think I got a few souls out of purgatory this AM with the 30 min of pain in the flat position for the MRI  ;) ;) ;) :o :o :o  Then to PT who asked if doc had suggested Gabapentin?  So got home and contacted via MY Chart in the hopes by some miracle his nurse can bring that to his attention ASAP in his busy day ( he's in surgery tomorrow) as I do not have a teleconference with him until 5:45 on WEDNESDAY !!  Wait Wait..

(((((TSK))))) Hope you get the gabapentin soon!!  I was thinking of you this morning, and was hoping you wouldn't have to lie on your back long - but I have had several MRIs, and know they are time consuming. Hugs to you. It wasn't funny, I know, but... I had to chuckle at your comment, and I'm sure those souls released from Purgatory are praising you!! You even do good deeds when you are in excruciating pain!!!   :-*  I hope you start getting some relief soon!!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #370 on: January 09, 2023, 05:42:33 PM »

LOLOL!!
[/size]

I remember using a brown paper bag for school book covers.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

LisaG1967

« Reply #371 on: January 09, 2023, 05:44:06 PM »

baz - LOL, no daring "upper body" exposures to get those beads.   ;D ;D

kb - Stay warm!

oldguy - LOL minion!

E4E - You really sound like you are enjoying retirement.  :D

Have a good night, everyone!

Phyl

« Reply #372 on: January 09, 2023, 05:53:16 PM »

Kb all I could find on your horse photo, Rancho Toledano Paso Fino Farm, https://ranchotoledano.com/home, was the first result.
Hopefully Andrew can help with the roof snow.  Tks for comet story--always interesting

Tsk LOL 'souls out of Purgatory'.   tks for you update on today's hospital visit. Take care with 'Gabapentin'  It has some hefty side effects .  So sorry you had to lie in the 'tube' for so long. I was so hoping that you'd get your MRI results and be on the road to getting some relief. Prayers continuing

Clynn
tks for additional info on Kay; skinny on Lani and internet issues. I think you forgot the link on David Lynch's FB page. Not sure if this the correct link as I don't visit Face Book https://www.facebook.com/RaptorResourceProject/

Eagles no word from Dan. He's not a phone talker. Keep yourselves safe and dry.

Oldguy tks for links and esp Calif update; agree on the minions for today.

Hi Baz  all the Mardi Gras beads I've gotten were keep 'your shirt/bra on' from a nightclub with Jim.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #373 on: January 09, 2023, 06:02:23 PM »

'Good Evening and 'Good Night' ...

Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #374 on: January 09, 2023, 07:15:52 PM »

PUFF   I am not claustrophobic luckily and I had my eyes closed.  Noise did not bother me either.  Pain was the issue - but that is done now and I survived.   :D   I know many people cannot handle the machine.   It really is a small world when you meet people with common interests.  It's exciting.  New friends which you have all over the world and meet easily  :-*

CLYNN   WHAAAAT? Crutches - NEVER for someone of her age and weight - A walker is a must and is 4 extra legs and not 2 to help her walk.  Thanks for Lani's update.  Dang - those persistent internet problems.  I'm THAT old too. LOL

LISA    Yes. When I see my regular doc I get all the results long before he calls me.  ;)

OLDGUY   Love when Claire does the writing thing.

PHYL  Funny good night gif.

Doc  responded - Gabapentin takes too long to build up in system and I had spoken with my nephew's wife who is a pharmacist prior to his answering me.  Will take 2 Aleve in AM and 2 Aleve at night.  That's fine with me!

Took forever to into the Beak and downloading is taking forever on the links - Good night

Chicagoland