Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1057114 times)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #3525 on: April 07, 2023, 07:40:44 AM »

Happy 21st Birthday Sweet Maggie!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LisaG1967

« Reply #3526 on: April 07, 2023, 07:54:39 AM »

Phyl - Great cam pics, and thanks for the RRP post.

tsk - Here is a lil map of my town.  AC is not very far from my house, but as you can see there is a busy highway out front of AC, and she had to cross a main road to get to my subdivision.  I am the red dot on left, AC with arrow drawn to right.

Puff - Glad to hear you are feeling better.

clynn - Awww, a lil Pepe'!  I like the comments from your cousin, I didn’t get all the particulars nor did I pet him. Just glad he didn’t stink!!  ;D  Thanks for posting my pic of DH2, such a lil cutie!

Puff

« Reply #3527 on: April 07, 2023, 08:11:53 AM »

Whew - bit of a relief finally. . .

Turned on puter about 6 - Just now 8AM got first glance of DH2.  Had to hope she was just being protected.  Two hours of no news, though.  Just reassuring for me. Perhaps  I turned away to make tea, take a potty break, or maybe check emails.  But things seem OK.  Checking back, too, I see that DH2 did get some  air time.  Has there been any feeding?

Going back to patrol duty - Later

P

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #3528 on: April 07, 2023, 09:04:13 AM »

Chance of showers today - high of 62

Kb - I bet Ollie knows when the car is headed home and therefore he is happy! ;D

Morning Lani  :)

Phyl - It's your Maggie's birthday today - wow 21 yrs old!! ;D  I'm sure she will get a special treat!  :)    Great cam pics!  Thank you for Amy's blog.

LisaG - The Animal Control must be so grateful that Misty made her way over to your home and that there is now a very happy outcome for her! :-* :)

Tsk - I am glad that we are not leaving for another 17 days for so.

Lori - Love the birthday wishes for Phyl's Maggie!

Puff - Thank you for what you have seen of DH2.

Clynn - Interesting skunk story - 'thank you' to your cousin too!

Karen - How has it been in getting settled back in at home?

Hi Tig, Baz, OG  :)

Beakers have a nice day  :)

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #3529 on: April 07, 2023, 09:07:48 AM »

Happy 21st Birthday to Phyl's Maggie!

Puff

« Reply #3530 on: April 07, 2023, 09:11:26 AM »

I've been watching - keeping an eye on things.....FEED THAT LITTLE ONE ALREADY

Both the fish are completely hidden from us now, but I'm also sure DHM and DHD can smell them.  Little one is still energetic and kicking.

P

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3531 on: April 07, 2023, 10:27:57 AM »

CLYNN  I don't remember ever seeing that Cadbury commercial  LOL   Looking ahead I do believe you will have a warm time in southern IL -70's
Domesticated skunk - suspect glands have been removed   ::)  ;) ;)  Thanks for Lisa's screen shot - Be careful Mom and Dad...

LISA   Thanks for that map.  Puts it in perspective.  And she wasn't very old/experienced either to be doing that adventure to find you  ;) ;) ;D presuming that is what happened.

EAGLES  That is some party you posted for Maggie  ;D
Chicagoland

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3532 on: April 07, 2023, 11:24:44 AM »

Good morning Beakers,
Morning Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

Kb, Lisa Aly accepted the job in Oregon and will be moving the 3rd week in May. She starts work June 1st. Right now she's trying to find a rental near Medford, where her job is located.

Lisa, oh my gosh "Whose your Daddy?" for Misty's kittens! Well, I bet there will be a white one  ;D .. it's great you were able to get Misty's history and AC is more than happy to help you in whatever way they can.  :)

Kb, Did they find Poppie?  :(. I hope they can rehome.

Tsk, I had to look up "heteropaternal superfecundated"

Phyl, Clear skies and there was a gorgeous moon last night! .. praying for Sauces eagles and Decorah DH2 :-* Thanks for Amy's blog....
Aloha Puff, glad to hear you're feeling much better!  ;D

{{{Hugs Eagles}}} you will be leaving Star in loving hands, go and enjoy your trip.  :-*

Clynn, the skunk is much bigger close up. Cute little Pepe .... Love Lisa's Decorah pic of little bobblehead. I pray all goes well. 🙏🏼

We're having our family Easter dinner tonight. Shannon has given her Easter break weekend to a co-worker to be able to celebrate a family reunion.

Miss Maggie, many Happy birthday wishes and prayers  ;D  :-* !
« Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 11:30:10 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LisaG1967

« Reply #3533 on: April 07, 2023, 12:04:30 PM »

Lani - I was waiting for that...."Whose your Daddy?"  ;D ;D Congrats to Aly on the new job, and I hope she can find a nice rental.  Enjoy your Easter dinner tonight.   :)

tsk - Nope, she wasn't but 6 months old at the time of her escape.

Puff - I have not seen any feeding yet for new Decorah baby.  I hope they know how to feed the baby.

E4E - I think they were grateful that I took her in.  :D

kbshcb

« Reply #3534 on: April 07, 2023, 12:24:51 PM »

Lani - as far as I know, not yet.

There is a woman who wants to adopt/re-home it and is in contact with the city Animal Control and The Retrievers org.....she's trying to keep it more hush hush as the owner's neighbor is protecting the owner, not the dog....She has told me she will let me know when they get it.....

If you want me to get a hold of my friend for 50 years who lives in Medford for any help for Aly, let me know. I would gladly contact her.

Have been outside chopping ice/snow....yes, we are getting warmer temps next week ( I'll believe it when I see it) but ice takes forever.....

Ollie man for some reason got me up last eve at 3am, 4am, and then when I tried to go back to sleep at 7am....hmm...was not fun trying to find him a spot to go poo out back on all that ice....took many tries while in the dark on a long retractable leash....only use it out back.
Will need a nap again today.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #3535 on: April 07, 2023, 12:59:54 PM »

bounce

I think my lungs have finally cleared. We saw "Air" and "Jesus Revolution" this week. Liked them both. Going to get estimates for replacement concrete or foam injection work. Our 1980 sidewalk is moving too much in winter and I noticed a few more foundation blocks at the garage are spalling and need a parge patch. $$$$  :-[

R.I.P. DH1. Be strong DH2...

Hugs all
E4E - a trip? Hmmm...  ::)

TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3536 on: April 07, 2023, 02:13:49 PM »

LANI   I'm not that smart  LOL  The 2 word term was in the link and I just made fun of it. I had never heard of it before.

TIG/PUFF  Glad both of you report wellness in your homes.
Chicagoland

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #3537 on: April 07, 2023, 02:37:05 PM »

:o ;) ;D

Congrats to HM and HD on the hatch of ((DH2)) in N1!!! Welcome to the world, DH2!  :-* :-* :-*

Phyl, thanks for posting the link to Amy's blogpost of DH2's hatch and video, and her excellent message to everyone who is so sad about DH1's death.

Lisa, how many miles is that arrow from the AC bldg to your home on your map? I don't see any notation that says how many miles to an inch, or such. Just wondering how far from AC little Miss Misty went.  I can just visualize Misty and her "wide load waddle."  ;) :D :-*  Is Bandit still hanging in there and getting more accustomed to not being in a 1-cat home anymore? I bet you and Jeff are giving Bandit lots of extra attention.

Clynn, safe travels to your mom's!  Have a fabulous visit!

Tsk, are you cooking this weekend?  Hoping you put yourself at the top of your "To Do List" for a change, and won't overdo.

Puff and Tig, glad you're feeling better.

E4E, oh boy for your upcoming vacay! Star will be in very good, caring hands while you are away.

Hi Lori!  I hope you and your family are all doing better.

BL, enjoy The Masters! Going to be a messy Saturday for the golfers.

((Lani)), congrats to Aly on her new job! I know that comes with her moving, and you will miss her being there at your place!

((Karen)), I hope you got home okay, and that you're comfortable getting around. I'm so glad Mickey is there to help with any adjustments getting taken care of, and you enjoy a nice visit with her, too!  :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO PHYL's MAGGIE!!  I hope it is a purrrrrr-fect day!  :D

« Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 02:38:56 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Puff

« Reply #3538 on: April 07, 2023, 03:45:31 PM »

tsk Not a far out reach to guess we were not the only ones to look up the words.  Not part of everyday conversation.  Always good to learn new things.

P

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #3539 on: April 07, 2023, 05:35:12 PM »

Tsk you saw the 'pink' moon?  How was it?    I missed it  :(    I sorta knew "heteropaternal superfecundated". But decided to check it out any way.

Puffso glad to hear you're doing better and are 'normal' self. Tks for the updates on DH2

Karen I'm sure you're very busy. How was your first night back home? Hopefully you slept like a baby.

Clynn like you AM greetings;  tks for sharing Lisa's  DH2's pic.   Also SWFL Eagles  - great photo. And, thanks for Audrey's post about the skunk in the gym.  If skunks are domesticate the scent sac is removed.https://www.bing.com/search?q=do+domesticated+skunks+have+scent+sac+removed&form=CHRDEF&sp=-1&lq=0&pq=do+domesticated+skunks+have+scent+sac+removed&sc=10-45&qs=n&sk=&cvid=197B63CB94E04530A12321856AFB95BC&ghsh=0&ghacc=0&ghpl=

Lisa tks for the map---oddly that's how I pictured the area.   ;D

Eagles nice 'Good Friday';  super good idea to have your son stay w/ Star while  you both are away. Pet sit and house sit all at once.  ;) Lively BD party for Maggie and Lani's sloth even attended.  :o

Lani  Yes indeed! Sunday is Coming and so is The Gift!  Y'all will have a lovely time  at to night's Easter dinner.  Prayers that the time Aly has left with you goes very slowly.

Bazi LOL 

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam