Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1016575 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #255 on: January 07, 2023, 07:38:39 AM »

It's Caturday  HI EVERYONE

Well  woke to Tim's recliner full of digested vomit and a dribble on the carpet.  SIGH  We had planned to take her to the adoption center today - they offered to cut her nails -and complete the adoption .  Now though I would like to see how this pans out.  This is our third day and we have 2 weeks to decide. 

PHYL  Big dinner for you two last night  :o  I had NO IDEA there were all those parades.  Busy time of the year for La.   " In one ear"  LOLOL
Those crocheted fat cats are cute.

LANI   You pick some very challenging puzzles.  I didn't think you literally meant Mayberry  LOLOL  That's a good one.  Hopefully Mike is feeling better now to attempt a trip away.  According to Google it is only about 2 1/2 hrs away.  Not too bad.

BL   Loved that song by Fleetwood Mac

LISA   Cute coffee mug!!!  Wow  Mom really gets into the parade excitement.  Nice that she has her sister? to stay with.

KB   That roof tool seems really easy to use.  Glad you have it.

CLYNN   Nice working situation for Erin.
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #256 on: January 07, 2023, 08:00:44 AM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1611649844313030656

this bird gets and A+.

Kinda big right? ;) ;)

tsk - meaning you are having second thoughts?....

Well, I would call it easy to use once I put it together....it's in the garage in 3 sections....
And then cause I threw so much snow behind my one access to my 2 tiered garden I have to climb the piles with it...may have to put it together once I get up to the top tier.

We have a small gate to keep Ollie out of the gardens...it's totally blocked by ice/snow..I can climb up however to the side of it as I removed a smallish fencing piece before the snow. I may now wait a day or two till it warms up a bit...only getting to 16 above today....we shall see....every day is an adventure, LOL

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #257 on: January 07, 2023, 09:00:12 AM »

Morning - It's Caturday!

Phyl - So sorry - yes I did intend for my comment about snow to go to Kb (my bad).  Great Caturday shames! ;D  Cute kitty poem!
Lani - Now I understand about the 'Mayberry' puzzle for Aly - I just saw that you posted a picture - that one looks very challenging, but a lot of fun though!! :)  I always loved Andy Griffith and the whole group!  ;D   Glad that Mike has a couple of days before leaving for Gila Bend - hope he feeling good. {{Lani & Mike}}
BL - love Fleetwood Mac! ;D
LisaG - Hope Jeff gets to keep working Fridays at home. :)  Wow, your Mom will have a great time in New Orleans! ;D
Kb - Didn't realize your home sits the highest in town - sounds like that is a good thing. :)
Clynn - Like your Caturday gifs/pics!
Tsk - You & Tim have time and will make the right decision.
Kb - Like your morning pic!

Beakers have a nice day  :)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #258 on: January 07, 2023, 10:02:52 AM »

KB   A bird that recognizes color - Wow.  Yes I wondered if you could get your roof device close enough...Is that something Andrew could do??
We have 2 weeks on a trial with her.  We think she ate too much yesterday( first full day of eating and is the same food she was fed before) and Tim played forever the laser mouse with her before he went to bed.  May have upset her stomach.  Vet said she had no history of vomiting with foster family.  We are taking her to the shelter this AM so vet can cut her nails - all part of the coverage.
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #259 on: January 07, 2023, 10:13:59 AM »

Sue Bruhling - Cuteness Overload Times Two!!!
I went into check on the Babies just a bit ago and this is what I found ❤ The Sweetest Image of Little E21 & E22 ❤ My Cup (Heart) Runneth Over ❤
Southwest Florida Eagles - January 7, 2023 - E22 to the Left, E21 to the Right

Phyl, love those crocheted Fat Cats! And the Poem! And the cat shames (the dingleberry!), and the 'in one ear and out the other'.

tsk, with Lulu it's probably just the anxiety of moving to a new place, I bet she is better every day...

« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 12:01:34 PM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #260 on: January 07, 2023, 10:20:55 AM »

tsk - sounds like a reasonable reason for the vomiting doesn't it....hope it works out for you and her.

I'll give it a try before I ask Andrew....I can do the front of the house myself easily but have no icicles there so not too worried, though there is a lot of snow on the roofs. As I stated it's the back...I'll let you know how it goes....LOL..I'm working myself up to at least getting the 3 pieces to the back of house and going from there?..

Poor Andrew.....not sure he slept for 4 days in a row....I spoke with him when he got to my house finally and he looked/acted hurried and a bit rough!...He told me next year he won't do alleys anymore...I don't have an ally but we have a few and lots in Minneapolis...He said he was running into vehicles and garbage cans..They have become too thin. Am thinking Andrew needs a week of rest...

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #261 on: January 07, 2023, 10:49:40 AM »

some bounce
I think we all need a rest KB. Which I intend to do this weekend. Biggest snow here since 1969??? Anyway... please be careful. I know you will. Just a gentle reminder. When I'm out there I always have a shovel or cane or structure to hold onto... just in case. And then I'll catch my foot on uneven patio blocks, or a snow ridge or ice, not enough to fall, just enuf for me to say out loud "Watch it grrrrl!" Just little reminders sometimes.
I read today that Frank V. had a fall, injury, surgery... partially due to rushing and not putting on proper footwear: https://www.cbsnews.com/minnesota/news/frank-surgery-update/
OK. Enuf about that.  ;)
Thank you all for the postings of birdies and wildlife ... maybe I'll treat myself to a session of cockatoos dancing on youtube. In between cleaning house, reading, and beginning to pick through holiday presents and "put them in their place".
HAGD

camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #262 on: January 07, 2023, 11:08:43 AM »

Warming up my fingers now......a slow start...actually was 4 pieces, not 3....will need two pairs of gloves/mittens

Tig - thanks...I have a shovel with me as well.....and yaktrax on....just a titch too cold, but I'll get what I can today, and do more as it warms up...that is if I can reach....I removed one piece as was too long for me to maneuver on the top tier....will need to add it back on when I go down to deck.

kbshcb

« Reply #263 on: January 07, 2023, 11:40:28 AM »

Okay, that's it for me for today....
Made it to the south edge of the middle (bathroom) window and that's it..snow was too high where I was standing...3 feet?

Will have to have a second person to keep going north from down on the deck...second person to help me lift it up to the roof as it will be very tall...Chris?...someone else?...

Or just prayers, LOL

Looks mostly to be frozen ice in gutters anyway so we shall see. Some people throw panty hose filled with an ice melting substance into the gutters to melt it....I don't have that good of an arm/throw.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 11:52:54 AM by kbshcb »

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #264 on: January 07, 2023, 11:52:13 AM »

SWFL eagle cam home of Harriet & M15 & E21 & E22

thanks Clynn for pics this a.m.!! Good morning beakers!

Welcome and hello E22 (turn around for food) ;) Just a few minutes ago... :)
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LisaG1967

« Reply #265 on: January 07, 2023, 12:01:52 PM »

Afternoon Beakers

clynn - Love your morning Caturday pic!  Oh, you need to send me to link to the coffee cup.  I would buy it in black!  Erin sounds like he has it good too, when it comes to working from home.  Awww, welcome E22!!!  Thanks for the SWFL pics.

Phyl ;D your morning Caturday pic!  The cat shames are great.  Great pics from the RRP cams.

tsk - Mama loves Mardi Gras, and she never misses a year going. Oh no, poor Lulu.  I hope she is feeling better today. 

E4E - You had a nice afternoon, too!   

kb - I hope you are taking breaks with all the shoveling. 

tig - You sound like you have a busy day planned.

Lori - Adroable gif of the new SWFL kiddo!

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #266 on: January 07, 2023, 12:29:11 PM »

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #267 on: January 07, 2023, 12:47:17 PM »

I'm preparing for a zoom meeting today!  ;D

Happy Caturday Beakers!
Hi Lilbro, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, BL, Lori, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

{{{Hugs Tsk, Tim and Lulu}}} I hope Lulu feels better. I'm sure it's just nervousness settling in. You wrote Lulu was a young mother. Sadie was too when she was rescued. She was nervous for awhile, distant and was always looking for something. Maybe Lulu is going through some of that. Maybe a stuffed toy, fleece blanket to settle in and nuzzle? Just a thought.

Hopefully, I'll be back after zoom meeting, or I'll see you all tonight.
Have a lovely day.  :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #268 on: January 07, 2023, 12:48:15 PM »

SWFL eagle cam home of Harriet & M15 & E21 & E22

thanks Clynn for pics this a.m.!! Good morning beakers!

Welcome and hello E22 (turn around for food) ;) Just a few minutes ago... :)

Awww thank you Clynn and Lori, precious babies.  :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #269 on: January 07, 2023, 01:19:05 PM »

It's Caturday  HI EVERYONE

Well  woke to Tim's recliner full of digested vomit and a dribble on the carpet.  SIGH  We had planned to take her to the adoption center today - they offered to cut her nails -and complete the adoption .  Now though I would like to see how this pans out.  This is our third day and we have 2 weeks to decide. 

Clynn and Lani  have some excellent ideas about  Miss Lulu.  As you said it coulld be too much eaten right before play time.
 I will toss out another idea---she could have eaten something 'unagreeable' with her tummy or digestion, that you may not know about.
 As our vet says---try not to stress.
{{{ Lulu. Tsk and Tim}}}
Maggie purrs going out.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam