Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1016673 times)

oldguy

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #225 on: January 06, 2023, 11:54:24 AM »

A new update today from Ryan - mostly covering California - E4E, Monday looks to be the worst for the week..

A Record Breaking Train Of Storms Is Coming…   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG-Vz-UozfY
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #226 on: January 06, 2023, 01:19:46 PM »

Bounce
Just saw a BE perched stop a cell tower near North St. Paul. Cool!
Bright, sunny day. Temp. of 19.
TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #227 on: January 06, 2023, 01:42:27 PM »

From the Economist: Minneapolis/St. paul tied with Houston as the 4th most expensive city to live in....grrr.

I just woke up from a nap!....not working outside after all today......other than hauling the garbage can to the street.....just too sore and tired....Phyl - love your idea!...massage.......hmm

LisaG1967

« Reply #228 on: January 06, 2023, 03:26:37 PM »

kb - Glad you are resting!

tig - A Man Named Otto looks like a good movie, can't wait to hear your review.  Two Be's today, woohoo!

oldguy - Thanks for update from Ryan on train of storms coming.   

tsk - First parade tonight is Krewe of Joan of Arc.

Lani - Thanks for the info on the Feast of Epiphany.

E4E - Thanks for asking about Jeff, he is good.  He works from home on Friday's and loves it.

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #229 on: January 06, 2023, 03:38:10 PM »

Lani, the Gifts of Epiphany are great! I have tons of board games if any one needs those.... ;D ;D ;D

kb, wow, you made the Top 10, not a good thing. But that report might not be right, here's another one listing the 11 most expensive cities in the US and Minneapolis isn't on the list. Neither is Houston. There might be different considerations in the cost of living index vs. most expensive, but it all comes down to how much $$$ to live. And still, I can't imagine that any city in the Midwest would be on that list, except maybe Chicago. But I am not the expert!  Love the kitty conga nap...

oldguy, I wish Ryan would give a condensed version of his forecast first, then go into detail for those who want more... yes, that is my wish! LOLOL

Sue Bruhling - Speaking of Gabby!! I wanted to share with you this picture of Gabby and YES!!! V3 is still hanging around!! He is a very determined Eagle but as far as the Million Dollar Question!  Is he the One for Gabby? Only Gabby knows... ❤
Northeast Florida Eagles - The Hamlet - January 5, 2023 - V3 to the Left -  Gabby to the Right

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #230 on: January 06, 2023, 03:41:35 PM »

clynn - I have read all those arguments....Minneapolis is very high on the list..It would shock you I think...Minnesota never hits the news btw or any in depth reporting.
I do however.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #231 on: January 06, 2023, 04:31:21 PM »

bounce
KB.... glad you are resting.  :D
TSK, Lisa... A very heart-warming movie. And a 2 tissue one. Lots of laughs ... in reminders of my Dad and our next door neighbor.
Off to din din
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #232 on: January 06, 2023, 04:48:46 PM »

I did try to make a path for Ollie to the back....one of 3 access points.

Plus pic of why I can't take anymore snow...from upper deck, using tin roof for sliding.

Started anyway, to make a path for Ollie...not sure he can make a path in the yard anyway?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 04:54:06 PM by kbshcb »

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #233 on: January 06, 2023, 05:07:34 PM »

KB   Cute little kitties  ;)   Now for you it would be a good time to have a cat  LOL

LISA   I googled Krewe of Joan of Arc. Never heard of it before.

CLYNN  I'm so with you on Ryan's weather reporting  ::) ::) :o  NEFL  has been THE nest to watch this year.  In past years they would have had eggs by now.

TIG   Thanks for the positive review.  I can't find it in the theater we usually go to I'll have to check others.
Chicagoland

oldguy

« Reply #234 on: January 06, 2023, 05:30:56 PM »

We had a typical winter day here - high of 32, light winds, started out full overcast and had about 3 hours of sun before going overcast again - heading down to 14 by morning.

Cuddles aren't complete without cat drool!   -   https://www.youtube.com/post/Ugkx6Jahqstv2Jc5nq9p9GbafbCYMttqKjmj

Maru failed to get into the box early in the new year.   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOwDWYcfPiA

Quarantine Kids play "Suffragette City"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAjo4QDp_g4
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

LisaG1967

« Reply #235 on: January 06, 2023, 06:19:16 PM »

Clynn- thanks for the NEFL update.  I am glad that seems to be just one suitor for Gabby now. That last funny  ;D. Have you heard from Karen lately?  How is she doing?

Tig - I like movies that make you laugh and cry a lil.

Tsk - I have never heard of that Krewe either.  My favorite parade is Endymion.  It’s an all male Krewe, and they costumes are beautiful. That is the parade to see.

Kb - Wow, that is some snow  :o

Have a good night, everyone!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 04:09:26 AM by LisaG1967 »

Puff

« Reply #236 on: January 06, 2023, 06:23:45 PM »

Didn't see drool OG, just blue eyes.

P ::)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #237 on: January 06, 2023, 06:46:03 PM »

OLDGUY    What's sun?    Maru's box with a see through window. ;)

LISA   When is the Endymion parade?

PUFF   You all settled back in from your wonderful getaway?
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #238 on: January 06, 2023, 06:55:53 PM »

Big Cats WildLife Asia - Beautiful image of a Tigress & her 4 cubs quench their thirst at a waterhole.[/size]

Top is perfect of Caturday. Reminds me of Samantha who loved to sit on the dinning table while I ate. Too k me a long time to break her. And, I finally settled for her sitting in one of the matching chairs with the tips of her front on the edge of the table .

Tigress and her cubs is just awesome. Luv it!  You know tigers are the largest of all the 'great cats' and the only felines on earth that truly love the water, swimming and frollicking in the wet stuff.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #239 on: January 06, 2023, 07:14:00 PM »

Tsk   Mardi Gras or Fat Tuesday marks begining of Lent and falls on Tuesday , February 21st.   And yes the first parade is tonight at 7pm

https://www.mardigrasneworleans.com/parades/

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam