Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1016764 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #195 on: January 05, 2023, 11:59:58 AM »

I really really do...we got 15 inches down here, tig...maybe 3 inches more after last night?

I'm actually feeling anger....this too shall pass....

I took over a foot off (heavy) my upper deck before bed last night and woke up to a new cool 3 inches came  down on it.
Andrew hasn't come yet so I can't get out by car so walked for Chris to a store a block away as the crow flies.
As a walker I ran into many roadblocks....the sidewalk between the fire dept and Davannis (next to water tower) was filled with 15 feet of snow....the sidewalks on the main street were not done so I found myself crawling up and over driveway piles (multiple)....returned home the opposite way and was a little better...mostly street walking.
Also ran into 2 very shady characters, one in a car, one walking towards me on un shoveled sidewalk so I quickly jumped out into the street....the hair on the back of my neck was standing up.
Chris followed me on GPS and thought I literally crossed a major road....LOL.

Anyway, Andrew will be here sometime today and am thinking about using my electric snow pup on lower deck and "listen" for scratching noises...on the deck.

More worried about small icicles forming on the back side, corner of house between fascia and gutter..
Had one tiny ceiling leak in 2018 season near area (ice dam?)...Difficult to remove snow off roof in that area.
But, we did fill lots of insulation into the attic, but it's been years now...

Tig - you removing your roof snow?

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #196 on: January 05, 2023, 12:20:37 PM »

Tig Re: Damar, I was so relieved to hear that he was neurologically sound. Gee how devastating that would have been for him/family---for anyone for that matter!
Good news on your auto.  Gosh! your roof .  Sure hope it doesn't cost too much.

Oldguy
Thanks for reminder, 'Nat'l Bird Day'. And, the links.

Kb So sorry the winters are such a drudge and all.  And,   your driveway  :o.    Good idea Chris keeps a GPS while  you're out like that. Should you get in distress he and rescuers would know where to find you.

Here's more on National Bird Day:

'Bird Day' is the name of several holidays celebrating birds. Various countries observe such a holiday on various dates.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bird_Day

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #197 on: January 05, 2023, 12:30:33 PM »

Yep KB. We have to remove the snow from roof here. Good insulation, but, has to to with the roof design, angle of sun, etc.
I can reach most of the lower roof with the snow rake while standing on the ground. It is impossible to reach the top dormer roof however. And my health does not allow me to do as much as years past.
Phyl... the returning customer rate went up this year from $220 to $300/ hour for the first hour, slightly less beyond that.

HAGD
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #198 on: January 05, 2023, 01:22:46 PM »

Hi Beakers!

Here is a picture of our 1000 pc puzzle we both enjoyed - 8 days.

kbshcb

« Reply #199 on: January 05, 2023, 02:14:14 PM »

Wow, I have a Juvie on the water tower.

Resting for the day now after using my snow pup....barely gets through the over foot of snow...got maybe 1/4 of deck done?

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #200 on: January 05, 2023, 03:29:49 PM »

SWFL eagle cam home of Harriet & M15 & E21 & E22 is on the way!!!

SWFL E21 by Lori D, on Flickr

SWFL E21 CUTIE by Lori D, on Flickr

SWFL Eagles ~ M15 Sees E21 In The Morning!! 🐤 ADORABLE Little Pink Feet!! 💕 1.5.23
https://youtu.be/dOM0wAkvons via ladyhawk

Harriet gets up first thing in the morning for her break and heads to the attic. M15 looks down at the nest and he sees E21 💕 He immediately drops down and he greets his new hatchling! M15 is a proud Dad and loves his chicks!! He quickly goes to brood E21 and continue incubation of egg #2. A pip has been seen on egg #2!

Later in the morning, M15 will get up and we have the adorable views of E21 and its little pink feet!! 🐤 This is the most precious stage just after hatching! You can see half of the eggshell off to the left side of the nest and the other half is still in the nest bowl. E21 has a little dark spot on the top of its head from its downy feathers being matted down just like Dad ♥♥ Definitely Daddy's chick!! Awwwww ♥ Thank you for watching!

« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 03:33:11 PM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LisaG1967

« Reply #201 on: January 05, 2023, 04:07:31 PM »

Lori - Yes, what a cutie!  Thanks for the pics and info.  :-*

kb - Yay, you have a visitor.  Glad you had the snow pup to help you out.

E4E - Good job on the puzzle...love it!

tig - I had to look up and see what was a snow rake.  Interesting! 

oldguy - Thanks for videos, and minion...I can relate!

Lani - Those croissants look delish!

Phyl - That's good news for Hamlin!

kbshcb

« Reply #202 on: January 05, 2023, 04:18:37 PM »

Ben Sunne posted multiples of pics of these Moose in Koochiching County MN....Northern MN.
They were licking salt off the road.

Lisa - I really don't have words for how awful this is for me....I do try to post small advances by me, but I'm really really angry...no driveway done yet....waiting in line....but, I'm the only one on my block to not have it done yet. Trying to stay positive, but really really awful here.....thanks for all your concern.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #203 on: January 05, 2023, 04:26:37 PM »

bounce

Lisa... Oh My Gosh, really? LOL. I've always been fascinated, especially during our travels when I was little, by variances in different parts of our wonderful country, especially in the names we call the same items (pop, soda, soft drink). Our light weight plastic snow rake is great. You should have seen the one my Dad used to use when I was a child. It was my Mom's Dad's that he had made... out of solid wood with diagonal braces! It had to have weighed 15 pounds! Ugh.

The crew did a good job today. It is really getting deep around here...
Suppertime
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LisaG1967

« Reply #204 on: January 05, 2023, 05:31:44 PM »

((kb)) - I can imagine.  Hang in there, hopefully your drive will get done tonight. 

tig - Yes, really never heard of a snow rake.  I mean we have snow here every once in a while, but nothing like you and kb get, so I guess we don't need a rake.  I only see snow shovels around here. 

tsk - How is Lulu doing???

Have a good night, everyone!

Phyl

« Reply #205 on: January 05, 2023, 05:57:29 PM »

Tsk how was today with Lulu?  Please give her a head scratch for me.

Kb I  am very concerned for you. It's just Im  an  'ol desert gal ---can guarrantee I would be fed  up after the first season of what you deal with time after time.
I had to look up a 'snow pup'---lightweight powered snow shovel. So glad you have that. You do know I always have a candle burning on our home alter for Beakroom?
Great photos from Ben Sunne .
So glad you had  subadult bald eagle visit the Tower to day. Hope it made you day a bit better.

Tig   Glad the crew did a good job on your roof. That sure is a rise in their fee for snow removal.  Take care outside.
We're waiting for the electric bill for Christmas weekend due to  those down lines from the 'bomb cyclone' that plagued the North and visited us. It took over 24 hrs to get
the house back to temp with those 'rolling blackouts' on top of that.

Eagles cool puzzle. Looks like it was fun to put together.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #206 on: January 05, 2023, 06:08:06 PM »

Time to get dinner ---so some work on my chapters.

Good Evening and Good Night

Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #207 on: January 05, 2023, 06:34:58 PM »

PHYL   Her first day has been another day of trying out things.  One, she can jump the counters - something Lucy never did, so there is that. sigh.
She doesn't eat much.  We cannot cut her nails - Boo.  She won't let us hold her that long so Tim will take her to the vet on Monday ( he is assuming more responsibility!) and this will likely be a monthly thing.   She had a very long session of play with the feather stick - and finally fell asleep in front of us  LOLOL  Damar is awake and someone is home - Great news   So you are back to working on your book?

LORI   Love the cat standing in the on circle of grass  LOL

TIG   You take it easy!!!   Hefty price to pay  WOW

LANI   " measure twice , cut once"  LOL

OLDGUY   Now I know why I like that name  LOL

KB   It's going to be a long winter... :(

Hey EAGLES  Fun puzzle!!!  ;D

LISA  See my comment to Phyl  but it is getting easier for her today.
Chicagoland

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #208 on: January 05, 2023, 08:48:25 PM »

Lani - Yummy croissant pic this morning!!
Tig - Awe, your roller skating received the clamps in the basement.  :o ::) :(
Oldguy - I can relate to your minion!
Kb - No wonder you can't get your jeep out of the driveway  :o ::)  Good picture.  Like your juvie pic!
Phyl - Thanks for links.    You are still working on chapters?
Tsk - I have no doubt that Lulu will settle in nicely - and will accept your 'border lines'  :)
Lori - love SWFL pics - so sweet!!!
LisaG - Thank you!  Our '77 VW bus is green & white.  Her official name is;  'The Green Turtle'!  She is not good to drive more than 55-60 MPH max.!
Kb - Just read your reply to LisaG.  I really hope you get the help you need.  You truly need assistance with snow/ice clearing.
Tig - Glad you had help with the clearing of your snow/ice.  Take care.
Phyl - Yes, the puzzle was fun - just worked on it when we could and especially when the weather was cold, windy, & raining. :)

Night Clynn, Puff, Baz, Pink, Lilbro, Oldguy, Bl, T40, Blschue, Weasel, Eburg, BgGolden, Paulie, Jilltosa

SEDs and goodnight to All

kbshcb

« Reply #209 on: January 05, 2023, 09:20:50 PM »

This made me laugh...not sure it's a good idea for the roof, but peeps are a bit cranky with all this snow so ;)

Andrew just plowed my drive out.....poor guy, he's been working at it for 3 days in a row with more to go.

My job tomorrow will be to prioritize...steps for Ollie to get in the back yard?....there are 3 access points none of which he can get through...remove some roof snow?....continue with decks....
I will decide tomorrow.....of course back and neck and oh everything is sore.

Yes I and I'm guessing many could use some help....