Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1052475 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #1755 on: February 16, 2023, 09:52:34 PM »

I didn't watch it, but I wanted to share what Lady Hawk wrote about this event. This female is not interested in helping, she's all about survival for herself.

SWFL Eagles ~ FIERCE Fight On Nest! M15 FORCIBLY KICKS Intruder Out To Protect His E's! 2.15.23
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA9A8SM3kWo

28,316 views  Feb 15, 2023
E22 was attempting to self feed on fish when the female Intruder flew in to the attic and was watching the E's alone on the nest. She then drops down to the nest and grabs the leftover fish that M15 had brought in and she starts to eat. E22 who was hungry comes over squeeing to her hoping to get fed but the intruder is not interested in feeding another eagles offspring and she warns, lunges, bites and even kicks E22 who went totally submissive. The intruder does this three times to E22 before it moved away from her. The intruder continued to eat and then E21 heads over attempting to get fed and she also warns and bites at E21 who tries to defend itself and the nest.

M15 will see the commotion going on and come flying in quickly to defend the nest and his E's. The intruder lunges at him first - but M15 is fierce and he fights with the intruder on the nest - both eagles stepping all over the E's - E21 getting the worst of the impact. M15 forcibly kicks her off the nest but she does not go far - she lands on a branch right below the nest (seen from cam 3) . Both E's are lying still on the nest pancaked and scared and do not move right away. Thankfully both E's are okay and E22 will get a feeding by M15 after this is over.

This female eagle has an injured talon and seems to be interested in the food and not on harming the E's however I want to caution everyone watching that injury to one or both of the E's could happen in the future from fights like this indirectly or directly, they could be knocked off the nest or even taken. The eagle is not a surrogate mother and she will not bring in food or feed Harriet & M15's eaglets. She is interested in her own survival and in getting free food that M15 is bringing into the nest. The intruder is not helping M15 in her actions, in fact, she is causing him to shorten his feedings just at a crucial time when he normally feeds E22 after E21 is fed. He has been interrupted several times in the past few days by having to chase her out of the nest tree. The food M15 is bringing is for the survival of himself and for his offspring and her constant staying in the nest tree trying to steal food is taking it away from the E's at this crucial junction of having only a single parent to feed and protect them.

M15 is also not interested in a new mate - his sole focus is on hunting, feeding and protecting his eaglets. Her attempts to inject herself into this family can cause dire consequences at this time, so we hope that M15 can stay safe and not get injured in these fights and be able to evict her from the territory. It is hard for a single parent to accomplish all these things - that is why it takes two eagles to defend, protect, hunt and feed their offspring to bring them to fledge. Our magnificent M15 is doing a great job so far and our hopes are that he will be able to continue to do so. Thank you for watching!

Video captured & edited by Lady Hawk
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1756 on: February 17, 2023, 06:13:35 AM »

A cloudy 36F .  High of  43 F .  Evening/night  22F and  clear.

Dreadful news from M15 and kids. The Great Spirit will watch over them and do what's best'.
Harriet, oh where are you? If you're injured in rehab facility ---don't forget your family. Get well and return.

Hi Lilbro

Hi Karen, Pink, bbgolden and Nrstooge

Tsk I had gotten a Lily weaving loom as a Christmas present one year when I was in grade school. It was fun and I made lots of potholders , coasters  and ' clutch style' pouches ( I'd sew a button onthe middle of the front and use the loop I worked in to make a closure.

Oldguy lots of snow, lots of back ache. Take care.

Eagles that high 69F won't last long as you can see; we had a blustery rainy Thurs night. Not that bad at all.

Kb those fox pups are so cute. Wishing them the best.

BL our statistician

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1757 on: February 17, 2023, 06:14:16 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

Where are D36 and our Golden Eagles?
https://www.raptorresource.org/2023/02/15/where-are-d36-and-our-golden-eagles/

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1758 on: February 17, 2023, 06:17:41 AM »

Sauces Bald Eagles - Channel Islands
Feb 17, 2023 2:43 AM
Camera Time: Feb 17, 2023 12:42 AM PST

RIP #5

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1759 on: February 17, 2023, 06:40:29 AM »

Great Spirit Bluff Falcons - Cliff View
Feb 17, 2023 6:39 AM
Camera Time: Feb 17, 2023 6:39 AM CST

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1760 on: February 17, 2023, 06:44:02 AM »

Decorah North Eagles
Feb 17, 2023 6:42 AM
Camera Time: Feb 17, 2023 6:42 AM CST

The North's...

Sauces bald eagle cam

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #1761 on: February 17, 2023, 07:00:23 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, oh no, not the fifth egg gone...so sad... I wish they would be able to get rid of the DDT that was dumped in that area. I found this very interesting video of bringing the eagle population back to the Channel Islands.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnjXsW0AMxs  Cute Good Morning!  Thanks for Amy's Blog!  I tried to get Kelsey interested in the weaving loom (hot pad maker), but it didn't work. I think I will try it with Bella sometime soon! I remember being obsessed with it at one time, a long, long time ago...  ;D  Great picture of the Norths, and of the view from GSB!

Lani, you couldn't watch it, I couldn't even read it...  The snow is very pretty! We have 31 and sunny today, then 5 days above 40, so it will be gone! then we will probably get a little more, after all, it is only February!

Lisa, how sweet of Kelly's brother and SIL to do that! That means they are very happy that Kelly is marrying Bradley!  Erin and Sydney got married at the courthouse too!

kb, what cute little fox kits! Hope they do well!

tsk, looks like we got about 5" of snow. It will be sunny today, hope it clears the main roads, it usually does.

Sue Bruhling - Oh! Look What We Have Here?? It's Little E21 & E22 hanging out today missing their Mommy Harriet that sadly has been gone for Two weeks today 🙁 But with Hope that their Daddy the "Mighty M" can continue to feed and watch over them...  Asking all of you Prayer Warriors and you know who you are to pray for M, E21 & E22 at this point they need all the prayers they can get. I noticed today when I went to check in on them, M looked awful and exhausted.... 
Southwest Florida Eagles - February 16, 2023      Thank You! Deborah Victoriana for sharing your Picture with us! ❤

Birds of Prey  · Michael Sparks 
Extremely rare and probably the only Steller's Sea Eagle in the U.S., near Arrowsic, Maine on Tuesday. Very distant, but distinct. Luckily it's a huge Eagle.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #1762 on: February 17, 2023, 07:28:35 AM »

Decorah North Nest Home of DNF & Mr. North

busy bees this morning...

Slo mo showing exhale of breath, it's cold!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2023, 07:36:58 AM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1763 on: February 17, 2023, 08:01:56 AM »

HI EVERYONE

17 degrees  fells like 5  High of 27  Sunny.  Think we got about 3 " of snow.  Our neighbor snow blowed twice for us. :-*

KB   Unless I missed it , they don't say how/why the baby foxes were abandoned?  So glad someone saw them.

LANI  Will not watch that video  YIkes  Sure hope this nest makes it.

PHYL  Sweet AM pic.   Such a clear pic of the Norths

CLYNN  Love the slippers on the squirrel  ;D   Sure hoping they can do something about the Channel Islands - Loss of eggs has been going on for a while now.  That's an amazing story about the Stellar eagle.  It will never find a mate...
Chicagoland

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #1764 on: February 17, 2023, 08:10:45 AM »

SWFL eagle cam home of Harriet, M15 E21 & E22

The kids are looking more relaxed now and doing well!  Dad is doing the best he can, so proud of M15.  No sign of Mama yet...  :-\ Also see updates in SWFL thread in RRP forum.

The kids this morning...

check out that wing span!! 

chillin with my bro...
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

kbshcb

« Reply #1765 on: February 17, 2023, 08:42:42 AM »

tsk - no, you didn't miss anything on the fox story.....so typical these days of local news...it was my first thought...why were they out there, and where was Mom?..
Flushed out by coyotes?....was my first thought, but who knows.

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #1766 on: February 17, 2023, 09:19:32 AM »

Decorah Eagles Home of HM & HD

Love is...

« Last Edit: February 17, 2023, 09:22:27 AM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1767 on: February 17, 2023, 10:06:41 AM »

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

Phyl, thanks for Amy's blog. Interesting to read the Golden Eagles are far north over Wisconsin.... sad news for Sauces family.

Clynn,  Steller's Sea Eagle has returned to Maine. She's a beauty! Sweet pic of SWFL eaglets by Deborah Victoriana.

Lori, Thank you for beautiful Decorah North gifs. Decorah Dad's on nest right now.... beautiful SWFL eaglets gifs, M15 is awesome, doing a great job, feeding, protecting.... Beautiful scenes from Decorah, hoping for eggs for these two.  :-*

Tsk, sweet morning pic
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1768 on: February 17, 2023, 11:04:11 AM »

LANI  Beauty of a pic of the hope of spring!

Sun is shining.  So funny here.  If I could snow blow, I would be out there cleaning it all up.  Tim is like - well the sun will melt it  sigh!  Well there is next year  LOL
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #1769 on: February 17, 2023, 11:37:12 AM »

Good Morning/Afternoon Beakers

I am late this morning, as Bradley came this morning to go get his taxes done, and he has been spending the morning with me.  We just came back from the Carter's and Baby Gap outlet across the street.   ;D

Morning kb, E4E, tig, oldguy and all  :)

Lani - Thanks for the SWFL updates.  No, I have not bought myself anything special yet.  Jeff and I hope to go out this weekend and get something. 

Phyl - Cute morning greeting, make me wanna have a cup of tea  :D  Thanks for RRP post, and pics from the cams.  Awww, poor Sauces!   

clynn - Your morning greeting, so cute!  Jeff & I got married at Courthouse, too.  :D  Thanks for pics of the SWFL pics, and of the Stellar Sea eagle!

Lori - Great gifs from DE, DNN & SWFL!  Mr N looks like he is ready for some eggs.  :D

tsk - Oh my goodness, such cute lil kitties!  I hope you don't have to go out in that cold, and bless your neighbor for snow blowing for you!