Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 961912 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #1725 on: February 16, 2023, 09:47:44 AM »

Royal Cam 2/16
Young Albatross yakking on the #RoyalCam behind sleeping L and SP chick. (LOL!  ;D)

https://twitter.com/i/status/1626138297121771520

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

oldguy

« Reply #1726 on: February 16, 2023, 09:53:39 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

It is a nasty day here - my deck is at 6" and forecast is for another 5.5" to fall - temps holding at 29 until 6pm and then fall to 5 by morning.  Not planning to go anywhere other than to shovel this afternoon.

A long sponsor lead on this video - until 3:25
Featuring Penny's piano skills, hilarious Lily and Penny moments & their first PETKIT experience!   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ_mNPkxzVc

Slapdash Boogie Bop (Slapdash rockabilly)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W4qJKZzfIU

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Lani

« Reply #1727 on: February 16, 2023, 09:56:32 AM »

Toucan Rescue Ranch (TRR)

Good morning Curtis!  ;D

Robin  :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #1728 on: February 16, 2023, 11:24:19 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BELLA!!!  I hope you have a fun day, and even more fun at your party this weekend!!  :D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #1729 on: February 16, 2023, 11:45:17 AM »

Thank you all for the cute Birthday wishes for Bella! I will show them all to her when they are here either tomorrow or Sunday! Erin sent me some pictures, she opened her presents from Mom & Dad this morning!

Its been snowing since about 4:30 AM when I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep! Should be done here by 5:00. It's a very light snow, not heavy like the last one! Everything is beautiful again!

Lani, Curtis! A Toucan at the Toucan Rescue! Robin is smiling...  ;D  What a cool Albatross video, with the teenagers yakking while Mom & Baby snooze... Is the snow melting or is it still COLD there? Like oldguy, we will get down to 5 tonight. Love the sad picture of the sweet dogs with the scarves on, they look forlorn...

Phyl, beautiful closeup of Newman (I had to stop and think...)  :o Praying for Sauces...if my memory is any good, didn't she lay 7 eggs one year, and all of them failed? I just found the nest history, it was 2017, 8 eggs were laid, all broke. Then in 2018 3 eggs were laid and they all hatched and fledged!   https://www.iws.org/sauces-nest-history

Saw this on FB. Cannot imagine how bloody I would be if I tried to put this on either one of my cats!

tsk, Bella actually started listening to me when I was showing her how to work on a puzzle! I use 'get the edges first' method, she finally started picking up on it!

Lori, those bumble bee cupcakes are so cute!

Jason Sydejko KCCI  - The Mile Long Bridge at Saylorville Lake (near Des Moines, IA) is the 'Bridge to Nowhere' right now.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #1730 on: February 16, 2023, 11:47:07 AM »

Lani, I always think it's so amazing the way so many cacti survive such extreme weather changes. There are some pear cacti in the edge of the trees by my townhome, and they just keep on keeping on... drought, hurricanes, tropical storms, tornadoes, snow, freezing temps, and more... pretty amazing. I know the snow is pretty in your area, but, yeah, you and Sadie stay warm and snuggly inside today!  :)

Clynn, loved your pics of Wednesdays with Bella this week!  :-*  Gotta get that special fun with her little princess self while you can!  :)  Thanks for that perfect picture of a pretty parrot perched on pages of pretty parrots.  ;D :-*

Phyl, ugh on the stormy, scary weather. Stay safe!

Oldguy, that's a lot of snow falling at your place in such a short time! Take care, and pace yourself on the shoveling!

E4E, I bet you have a fun weekend lined up.  :)

Tsk, LOL, I love that picture of the very brave kitty walking through the valley of the shadow of death!!  ;D ;D

Lisa, I hope your Mom doesn't have to drive through any dicey weather today. Safe travels to her... and to you and Jeff, too! I hope you don't have to cross the bridge in stormy weather today!  The baby clothes will still be in the stores this weekend.  ;) ;)  Just kidding!  :)  Is the wedding soon? It's going to be a happy day full of celebration!  :) Her dress sounds pretty! Have you and Jeff been able to meet any of her family yet?

I'm off to run errands, so...

Later, gators!  :D

P. S. Clynn, I just saw your new post. Fun day and cute birthday doings for Bella!!  :D :-*
« Last Edit: February 16, 2023, 11:51:40 AM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

oldguy

« Reply #1731 on: February 16, 2023, 01:05:08 PM »

Phyl - the first tornado of the day just got warned - it is SE of you near Holliday TN - about 88 miles from you, but the line is heading your way...  Ryan is live at  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PFUSUxb84M
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #1732 on: February 16, 2023, 02:17:49 PM »

some bounce

Sorry about the bad weather out there. We are blessed right now, for now.

Congrats MN DNR pair
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1733 on: February 16, 2023, 02:49:56 PM »

PHYL  Nice shot of Newman.

LANI  The albatross gamming reminds me of a girls night out  LOL  Nice change of "face" at TRR  ;D

OLDGUY  You are getting some snow!  Ours is too wet,  Slush in streets but sticking to grass. Plows already by and salting.  Penny  ::) ::)

CLYNN  And the party begins for Bella.  I love that second picture of her.   LOLOL  Self playing hat toy for cats.  " how bloody you would be"  LOL
Chicagoland

Lani

« Reply #1734 on: February 16, 2023, 03:22:28 PM »

Clynn, Love morning pics! Oh, Look how big you've grown! Have a fun day Miss Bella! ;D

T40cfr403

« Reply #1735 on: February 16, 2023, 03:31:23 PM »

Newman  :-*

Phyl - Newman looks like he's getting a little tired of waiting and has been tapping that talon impatiently. ;D
Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

LisaG1967

« Reply #1736 on: February 16, 2023, 03:42:14 PM »

Good Afternoon tig and all   :)

tsk - Did you get much snow?

Phyl - It's been a dreary day, and of course only rained when I went out to run an errand.  ::)

Lani - Love the Royal pic...they all look like they are having a party back there!  Great pics from TRR!

oldguy - You got quite alot of snow today. 

clynn - Awww, cute pics of Bella on her birthday. 

baz - You know Mama will say...what weather?   ;D  She actually made it to my Aunts already.  The wedding is the 23rd at 9:45am at Courthouse.  We have not met any of Kelly's family yet. 

Puff

« Reply #1737 on: February 16, 2023, 03:46:46 PM »

tsk I've got a camoflaged thin coating of ice here.  Cautiously made my way down to the street for the mail. . .dang, 2 pieces of junk mail.  Anyone else have the ice, take it slow and smart.  32 now - going down to teens tonight.

P

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #1738 on: February 16, 2023, 04:03:03 PM »

All the previous snow was gone yesterday, now it's pretty again! It has just now stopped snowing!

Thanks you all for liking my pictures of Bella!
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1739 on: February 16, 2023, 05:17:49 PM »

Brave kitty!
This was one of my first pins on Pinterest.
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#istandwithisrael