Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 992226 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #1680 on: February 15, 2023, 10:15:05 AM »

A beautiful mourning dove...someone in central MN saw one recently.....hmm.

Morning all:

Been busy assisting a lost dog situation....just now home and safe....along with my neighbor's camera we saw the dog in retrospect in the street early this am, someone from across the street captured it and protected it. Missing dog's owner posted on FB community page and both myself and neighbor let her husband know what we saw.
Husband just got it and brought it home...her kids left the front door unlocked and wind took it and dog escaped....New homeowner a block away.....Whew.

Blustery and colder....after over 24 hours of rain I missed a very short window to sweep the decks and driveway of all that moisture before it's now turned to ice.
I am now ice locked until this weekend......

Peep would love this article about how Kids are used to help wayward Puffins found in small spaces in the southern most island of Iceland:
Perhaps more than Peep would like this.
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/icelandic-town-goes-all-out-save-baby-puffins-180981518/

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1681 on: February 15, 2023, 10:40:00 AM »

We're covered with snow this morning! Temp was 10 degrees and too cold to walk. It's 14 and sunny!

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

Kb, gorgeous Mourning Dove. We have them here, we had many in Scottsdale.... I think the crows and Pinion Jays keep them away from our area.... glad you were able to help with a neighborhood dog rescue!  ;D ... awww sweet Puffin rescue story. Peep will love it!

Lisa, "eventually?" LOL!! Wait till baby comes, they be singing a different tune. LOL!

Clynn, Love The North's pic... I gave Mike a box of Hot Tamales candy, he likes it, along with red hots. YAY! E22  ;D both have beed fed. I love seeing the horses below the nest... Love the Humpbacks!  Have a great day with Bella!

Phyl, thanks for Amy's blog.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

oldguy

« Reply #1682 on: February 15, 2023, 10:47:01 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Cloudy with winds and temps in the mid 30s - snow coming in late tonight - winter warning from midnight to 6pm Thurs.  4-7 inches

Ryan Hall just posted - NOLA and Nashville is in the main path for severe weather overnight...  Ryan will be live tonight and tomorrow
A Severe Weather Outbreak Is About To Happen…   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzNM-F-LCLw

KB/Tig - looks like you will miss this storm

Clear Box and Maru   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVt6v3a8I4c

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

kbshcb

« Reply #1683 on: February 15, 2023, 11:06:00 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Cloudy with winds and temps in the mid 30s - snow coming in late tonight - winter warning from midnight to 6pm Thurs.  4-7 inches

Ryan Hall just posted - NOLA and Nashville is in the main path for severe weather overnight...  Ryan will be live tonight and tomorrow
A Severe Weather Outbreak Is About To Happen…   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzNM-F-LCLw

KB/Tig - looks like you will miss this storm

Clear Box and Maru   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVt6v3a8I4c

About friggin time!....next week's storm at this far out, looks to be a doozey though....

LisaG1967

« Reply #1684 on: February 15, 2023, 12:36:29 PM »

Phyl - Same visitors on the trail cam, no one new.  :D

kb - Beautiful mourning dove.  So nice of you to assist in the missing dog situation. 

Lani - Brrrr, stay warm , and cute lil doe!  I had to really "Laugh Out Loud", when he said that to me.  I think he thinks I don't know how to care for a baby.  ::) ;D

oldguy - That is good news for kb and tig, but not for you with the snow storm.  You be safe and warm!

T40cfr403

« Reply #1685 on: February 15, 2023, 12:47:55 PM »

It was a t-y-p-o.   LOL   ;D
Y'all should know that by now.   ;)  :-*
[/quote]

Phyl - LOL. We know! You're such a good sport (what a relief!)! :-*
Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

kbshcb

« Reply #1686 on: February 15, 2023, 01:48:56 PM »

Grandma Moses, Country Fair, 1950

Remember she didn't start painting until she was 78!....there's still time ;) ;)

Meanwhile, i washed one wall of 4....LOL

kbshcb

« Reply #1687 on: February 15, 2023, 02:32:37 PM »

Woot, woot!....the DNR nest has an egg.

Lani

« Reply #1688 on: February 15, 2023, 02:38:36 PM »

Woot, woot!....the DNR nest has an egg.

Great news!

I think there's a puzzle of the beautiful Grandma Moses painting.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #1689 on: February 15, 2023, 02:41:23 PM »

It was a t-y-p-o.   LOL   ;D
Y'all should know that by now.   ;)  :-*

Phyl - LOL. We know! You're such a good sport (what a relief!)! :-*
[/quote]

As we all are  ;D

Royal cam 2/15 16:54
All paddles, prods & preens at this #RoyalCam ‘party’.
GLY heads off after a not so elegant changeover, & L spends some time mutual preening with the remaining visitor (BO).
Visitors are good prep. for SP & the post-guard stage.
In the meantime – back with Mum.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1625850561085181954
« Last Edit: February 15, 2023, 02:47:14 PM by Lani »

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1690 on: February 15, 2023, 02:49:19 PM »

EAGLES  Cute AM pic  ;D

LISA   LOL  Bradley forgetting you were a Mom once  LOL

KB  Good ending to that dog story!  Very blustery here.  Great job for the kids on that Island.  Grandma Moses - Your next puzzle  LOLOL  Good  - in 3 more days you will be done with the walls  ;) ;)

LANI   Yes I would say 10 degrees would be a pretty cold walk
Chicagoland

Lani

« Reply #1691 on: February 15, 2023, 02:52:56 PM »

Always keeping an watchful eye
« Last Edit: February 15, 2023, 04:55:24 PM by Lani »

LisaG1967

« Reply #1692 on: February 15, 2023, 04:43:36 PM »

kb - Love the Grandma Moses painting. Congrats to MN DNR on egg!

Lani - Thanks for the Royal video, and for the pics from Seal Island. 

tsk - Yes, I think it has slipped his mind that I raised him.  ;D ::)

Have a good night, everyone!

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #1693 on: February 15, 2023, 05:31:14 PM »

Tsk Norman is a positively ID'd.  Awww Lulu is such a special kitty.  :-*   :-* :-*
 I hope you and Tim have wonderful day.

You mean "Newman"

:P

Newman:

Norman/Newman... It's easy to see how they get confused.  ;D ;) :D
One is from the "Cheers" nest, and the other is from the "Seinfeld" nest.

Tee hee... I couldn't help myself.  8)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2023, 05:38:26 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #1694 on: February 15, 2023, 05:36:17 PM »

G'night, Beakers. SED.  :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center