Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1000917 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #1650 on: February 14, 2023, 11:41:05 AM »

Happy Valentine's Day Beakers!
Morning Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

ReplyQuoteNotifyRemove

Lori, Love your Valentine and sweetie Destini  :-* ...and the yummy brownie!

Oldguy, yummy Valentine goodies! Mike has eaten a quarter of the box of 12 heart candy he gave me this morning. LOL!

Puff, love your magnet story...and so true about cats playing their humans differently. Our Neiman loved sleeping in Mike's shoes since he was a kitten. And Mike is not a very touchy human about cats. Mike would removed his shoes just for Neiman when sitting on the couch for the evening. Even though Neiman was an adult, would keep his two front paws in his shoes and go to sleep. LOL! so cute  ;D

{{{Hugs Kb}}} That had to be terrifying.... I pray warmer days will come soon for all of you. In 1974, I was 8 months pregnant with Aly and driving our family station wagon when we ended up on black ice when a truck coming towards my left side, he couldn't stop, Shannon was 3, sitting in the back seat. I took my foot off the breaks, guided my car to the safety of a snowy bank on the corner of the road, bracing for the hit to my driver's side/where Shannon was sitting, and ended up through a side street snow bank and wooden fence. Thank God, Shannon had turned her face away from the broken glass moving to her right, only a few cuts to her face. Thankfully, she had her coat hood on and she turned away. My neck hurt for awhile and we ended up with a new car. And sweet Aly was born 3 weeks later. That memory is so clear in my mind, I can see it as if I was in the car again. Please take care.

Tig, Thanks for the 2nd link. Great photos and looks like fun for all involved! So this was on a lake? How thick is the ice? I just read your post to Oldguy.

Clynn, I was watching SWFL last night. Intruder wanted to sit next to M15 who was stationed right above nest. He chased intruder off a couple of times, and then settled down. He need to watch eaglets as owl bother them too last night. Poor M15 needs his sleep too, so ignored intruder, but would not let it close to eaglets. We've known female intruders destroy eggs/young eaglets in the past. Lucy/Larry's nest of Eagles for Kids. Original Berry mom chased off.... Trio-Bald eagles, Female intruder chased off Hope, who was injured in battle over eaglets. Then Trio dads defended and took care of eaglets themselves. But at least there was two of them. So glad to know Rosie and Richmond has been spotted.  :)

Phyl, thanks for Amy's blog and Valentines History.

Today's weather is a mixture if sleet and snow. A messy day on the road.
Our insurance agent is coming to see the shower and damage to carpet in closet today.

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

BrokenLug

« Reply #1651 on: February 14, 2023, 11:57:01 AM »

I would drive out on Cedar lake this past weekend after watching this video ..
02/10/23  https://fb.watch/iHvPXiET_k/   8)

Tig tell Camper he takes great action shots.  8) 8)
U. S. A.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #1652 on: February 14, 2023, 12:00:06 PM »

Will do BL... Yes, a hundred pickups pulling car trailers on the ice set my mind at ease. A car needs about a foot of ice, a pickup about 18 inches.
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

oldguy

« Reply #1653 on: February 14, 2023, 12:10:15 PM »

More Valentine wishes/videos

Lesley the Bird Nerd   -   https://www.youtube.com/post/UgkxjV5fb7jeFZroj4jOpTnt2MV7VoitcaYc
Cole and Marmalade   -   https://www.youtube.com/post/UgkxHGVl24Me4m4--bPUlw1F3m3UbGBP9XIK
Bond and Calypso - A Love Story 💕   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFa72VGCBMc

TT...   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDI2pCf6VuQ

Man gets his first cat. But insists he's more like a dog.   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCO8mAe4TAs

5 Valentine's Day Questions with Home Free   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiHp4mDPJwM
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1654 on: February 14, 2023, 12:43:05 PM »

KB  That is such a scary situation but your car and you handled it perfectly.  How  long did it take for your heartbeat to return to normal   :o :o
Target parking lot snow bank  :o :o :o

TIG  I was hoping to see some racing in that vid??  Gotta love Minnesota.  Wouldn't see that around here  LOL  Now Dave's pics were what I wanted to see - WOW  I see there are different categories of races - Like the motor cycles.  He got some great action shots with the snow.

PUFF   LOL  Magnets story  ;D ;D

OLDGUY   Love the Valentines sweets  ;D

LORI  Some sweet Valentines for us  :)

LANI    LOLOL  MIke eating your candy..  What a horrifying story that happened years ago. You all were so blessed it wasn't any worse. I always hope I would be of a calm mind if that happened to me.   You've remembered a lot of past nest histories regarding intruders.

GOTTA RUN  BBL to finish.
Chicagoland

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #1655 on: February 14, 2023, 01:01:15 PM »

HAPPY VALENTINES, BEAKERS!  :)

((Tsk)), I think Tim should attach a swivel hook mouse to the heel of his slipper, and give it a gentle, short toss while Lulu is with him in his chair, and Lulu might retrieve it! That would be hilarious!  ;D

TSK, CHECK THIS OUT!!! An adopted kitty, named Lulu!!, fetches her mom's slippers for her every morning! Okay, you have to keep scrolling past all the embedded junk that interrupts this story every couple of lines, but it's worth it... video included near the end, too. LOL!
Sweet story. Show it to your Lulu!!   :D :-*
https://www.inspiremore.com/lulu-the-slipper-cat/ - Sweet Cat Thanks Adoptive Mom By Fetching Her Slippers Every Morning.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

kbshcb

« Reply #1656 on: February 14, 2023, 01:02:44 PM »

Lani - geesh what an awful story....glad everything worked out.
Anti lock brakes came out in 1978.....you were just 4 years too early ;) ;)

tsk - oh a few hours after I got home, LOL...frankly, I was just so thankful I went out early with LESS traffic and found my anti lock brakes to be still working after all these years..(2000 vehicle)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #1657 on: February 14, 2023, 01:37:19 PM »

Beakers,

Swampy, the pond gator, has been "outta sight!" (tee hee) lately - maybe on a brief cold-weather vacay. But he has been back - HE'S BA-A-A-ACK! - and sunning on his "throne" in the middle of the retention pond the last few days.  His "throne" is a flattened grassy clump of island, conveniently small-gator sized, in the middle of the pond, and he usually shares it with a bunch of pond turtles, some of whom use Swampy as their pillow. LOL!!   ;D

Not my Swampy, but it really looks a lot like this in the middle of my pond:  ;D

LOL!! See ya later, Gators!  ;) :D

P. S. My taxes were e-filed on Feb. 1, and my federal tax refund hit my bank account today! WOOT!  :D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1658 on: February 14, 2023, 02:04:40 PM »

Lots of nice Valentine's Day greetin gs and goodies today.

My guy was up at 2:45AM for a 5am arrival---home at 1:30PM to accompany my
doc appt this PM.
Jim had a card and  small mystery package ( gift card to day spa in Brentwood) on the dinning room table---must have put it there early  this AM before he left for work.
My gift to him, full English breakfast in bed on Thursday since he’s off, all  that day. And a red rose on the tray.

Lisa thanks for weather / road concerns. It may get dicy for us---two errands and my doc appt. this PM
Head Jim /garage door, must leave.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

T40cfr403

« Reply #1659 on: February 14, 2023, 02:17:01 PM »

Tsk Norman is a positively ID'd.  Awww Lulu is such a special kitty.  :-*   :-* :-*
 I hope you and Tim have wonderful day.

You mean "Newman"

:P
« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 02:18:32 PM by T40cfr403 »
Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

Lani

« Reply #1660 on: February 14, 2023, 02:43:15 PM »

Lani - geesh what an awful story....glad everything worked out.
Anti lock brakes came out in 1978.....you were just 4 years too early ;) ;)

tsk - oh a few hours after I got home, LOL...frankly, I was just so thankful I went out early with LESS traffic and found my anti lock brakes to be still working after all these years..(2000 vehicle)

Mike and police couldn't believe I had the presence of mind to take my foot off the brakes. But, for some reason my mind reacted like it did when I was surfing as a teenager, and a wild wave comes at you from no where. I let go, relax body, mind, take deep breath and flow with the undercurrent to keep my strength to make it safely to the top. I'm thankful your anti-lock brakes are working!  :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #1661 on: February 14, 2023, 02:59:54 PM »

Baz! YAY on Tax Return and Mr. Swampy!  ;D

Oldguy, love the story of Phillip!

Phyl, safe travels for you and Jim. I hope Dr appt goes well.

T40  ;D

Oh my insurance adjustor removed the lower part of my closet wall (3')  I did not expect that.  :(

SWFL Eagles ~ M15 Flushes Out Intruder From Nest Tree But She Returns To Spend The Night! 2.13.23 by Lady Hawk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06XmnMruOW8
« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 03:22:42 PM by Lani »

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #1662 on: February 14, 2023, 03:37:08 PM »

Test.   https://m.facebook.com/groups/1832810136991771/permalink/3373632342909535/?sfnsn=mo&mibextid=VhDh1V

Hope this link works for you all.... shows some of the aerials Camper took of the lake and two race courses and the lines of vehicles parked on the lake.

Off to din din and movie...
Happy Valentines Day
SED
« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 03:40:19 PM by camperstig »
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LisaG1967

« Reply #1663 on: February 14, 2023, 04:03:19 PM »

Good Afternoon Beakers

Phyl - Enjoy your Spa day when the time comes, and I am sure Jim will enjoy his full English breakfast.  Good luck at your appointment.

baz - Pretty Valentine's greeting.  We are heading to the tax office next week. Fingers crossed for a refund this year!

oldguy - Thanks for the videos. 

Lani - LOL, Mike eating your candy.  I could not wait to eat mine, and started two days ago!  ;D So glad that none of you were seriously injured in that accident.  Is that a good thing or bad thing what the insurance adjuster did?  Im assuming bad from the  :(

Lori - Your White Chocolate Peppermint Brownies look delicious.

T40;D ;D

tig - Enjoy your dinner and movie.

tsk - Thinking of you  :-*

Lani

« Reply #1664 on: February 14, 2023, 04:07:43 PM »

Lisa, I guess it's a good thing, they have to look for the leak. But, So unexpected. Mike is terrible about letting me know what to expect. I would have covered my things in the bedroom with sheets. And then they sprayed with something strong and have three fans going on down stairs that need to be on until Friday. Now, we wait to see what they decide...  ???