Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1001836 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #1635 on: February 14, 2023, 08:11:13 AM »

bounce
The sun has been doing it's thing on one portion of our yard.... Clear grass next to 4 foot snow piles.
https://m.facebook.com/100046229328596/.   See a video of where we were last Sat.
TTFN
I don't belong to Face Book. Sorry would have loved to seen the video. I'm sure it was exciting.
love hearing about your travels.
Thanks.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1636 on: February 14, 2023, 08:14:38 AM »

bounce
The sun has been doing it's thing on one portion of our yard.... Clear grass next to 4 foot snow piles.
https://m.facebook.com/100046229328596/.   See a video of where we were last Sat.
TTFN

Tig - I unexpectedly ran into some black ice this morning just after 7am..coming down a hill to a red light.
Anti lock brakes engaged hard and front end was brought back to neutral after twisting to the left...
Scared me as so unexpected at 40 degrees and above freezing all night...
I tapped my brakes repeatedly to alert the car coming up behind me, contemplated making a quick right turn on red rather than waiting to turn left but thankfully the light turned green before he got close enough to me...I assume he/she knew what I was alerting to.
Careful out there.

That was close call.  Whew!
Glad you had it under control and no one the worse for it.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

LisaG1967

« Reply #1637 on: February 14, 2023, 08:21:49 AM »

Good Morning Beakers....Happy Valentine's Day!!!!

Morning Puff and all  :)

kb - I hope those piles melt soon. Adorable kitty in your morning pic. 

T40 - I have one of those "Spy or what" in my backyard tree!  ;D

E4E - Sounds like you had a nice Superbowl Sunday. 

Lani - Thanks for the SWFL update and pics.

Phyl - Be safe with that weather headed your way.   Thanks for the article on 7 Unique Valentine's Day Traditions, and the RRP post.

clynn - Thanks for the SWFL updates, and the R&R updates!

tsk - Pretty Valentine's greeting.  I think we are going to get your rain tomorrow night. 

kbshcb

« Reply #1638 on: February 14, 2023, 08:22:35 AM »

clynn - LOL on the need for a jackhammer.....sounds about right.

I'm surprised too actually. I have such delayed soreness/pain in the 2-3 day period following my work....
I have never been one that is able to sit sill very long...you know what they say: sit down in that recliner and you won't get back up...
I don't injure myself further while doing things....just feel it "down the road"..and feel it esp in the morning.
It does help I have had neck, hip, elbow surgeries and replacements though as well. I'm like new ya know, LOL

I need a few weeks off of snow removal as thumb is killing me, neck and shoulders are bad..
Just can't help myself...
Yesterday as it was warmer tons of neighbors were out trying to reclaim their driveways and walks..

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #1639 on: February 14, 2023, 08:26:49 AM »

Scary KB. I always look behind too...

Yeah, sorry about the link. I don't do FB either but could see a lot of the public info while I was on my phone, but not now on my Chromebook Hmmm...   try this?  https://www.facebook.com/groups/1832810136991771/
Can see Camper's pics too
« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 08:31:27 AM by camperstig »
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #1640 on: February 14, 2023, 08:39:38 AM »

bounce
TTFN

Tig - I unexpectedly ran into some black ice this morning just after 7am..coming down a hill to a red light.
Anti lock brakes engaged hard and front end was brought back to neutral after twisting to the left...
Scared me as so unexpected at 40 degrees and above freezing all night...
I tapped my brakes repeatedly to alert the car coming up behind me, contemplated making a quick right turn on red rather than waiting to turn left but thankfully the light turned green before he got close enough to me...I assume he/she knew what I was alerting to.
Careful out there.

That was close call.  Whew!
Glad you had it under control and no one the worse for it.

Thanks Phyl...yup...I can't predict when someone else will do something stupid/unexpected, but one thing I do is kind of like how I walk my dog.

I DRIVE my vehicle, I don't let my car drive me....I remember thinking this in my 20's...lots of peeps just let the car take them somewhere....I also walk my dog, he doesn't walk me :)

It was kind of nice to discover this ol gal (Jeep Grand Cherokee) 23 years of age, still has anti lock brakes working!....it's like new though with only 64,000 miles on her.

Puff

« Reply #1641 on: February 14, 2023, 08:49:49 AM »

Something made a good antic suddenly pop into my head - magnets!

I'm one of those crazy refridgerator magnet people lani.  Puff and Ash were also magnet cats.  Big side-by-side hold lots of magnet, floor to almost ceiling, two complete sides.  The two mentioned aggrevators loved bouncing floor-counter-top of fridge, lay down, reach down to snag, Let Them Drop!  Not for Ton, only if I was sitting or just in the kitchen.  And, if I wasn't here nothing was touched.  If I'd be gone on a conference trip, nothing!  When I sat down after coming back - Ah Ha here come da  magnets.  Wouldn't play magnets with Ton, either one of them.  We all know that two humans are "played"  differently.

Interesting, tig never heard of or saw ice racing.  Grew up originally with midget racing in Colorado at Elitches Gardens, brother Ed was with the drag racing crews.  Uhhh, ice racing? Pass.

P

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #1642 on: February 14, 2023, 08:50:35 AM »

Good morning Beakers!

oldguy

« Reply #1643 on: February 14, 2023, 09:29:47 AM »

Thanks Tig - the second link worked for me - some great action shots by camper.  Was there any report on ice thickness for the lake?
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

oldguy

« Reply #1644 on: February 14, 2023, 09:39:56 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Happy Valentine's Day to all

CAT CRUSH (A Valentine's Compilation!)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKaYGUZdgeg
« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 09:41:29 AM by oldguy »
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1645 on: February 14, 2023, 10:02:18 AM »

Happy Valentine's Day Beakers!

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #1646 on: February 14, 2023, 10:38:16 AM »

Phillips Spriggs posts above at a local Target store.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1647 on: February 14, 2023, 10:57:52 AM »

Tsk Norman is a positively ID'd.  Awww Lulu is such a special kitty.  :-*   :-* :-*
 I hope you and Tim have wonderful day.

You mean "Newman"
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #1648 on: February 14, 2023, 11:17:39 AM »

Fudgy, rich, and decadent White Chocolate Peppermint Brownies make a festive and delicious valentines treat with a fudgy brownie, white chocolate, and crushed candy canes.
Love & miss ya Lani, Tig, Clynn, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, E4E, KB, Bazi, pink, Blschue, T40, Lilbro, BrokenLug,  Nora, Jaspurr, Phyliz, EBURG, Karen, Jilltosa, Peep, Puff, Ssrl, Mass, Ezee,  MpMom, Godiva, Ginger, Oma, Weasel, Maxie, Lindy, Nanimal, Emyrauld, Nrstooge, Ruby, Paulie, F22Raptor, the Cheers group & ALL of you special eagle lovers!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 11:23:41 AM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #1649 on: February 14, 2023, 11:18:48 AM »

OldGuy... I was nervous, of course. Yes, they check the thickness. Someone told us this lake is basically a bunch of bays, so maybe the ice is thicker? And we had that very cold week, which helped. All this rain today won't be good for it though.
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)