Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1002573 times)

oldguy

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #1605 on: February 13, 2023, 01:05:09 PM »

Hello Beakers

Another sunny warm day here - at 50, heading to 52 - also low 50s for tomorrow before the rain comes in mid day.  Temps to fall down to single digits by Friday morning and some major snow (2 to 6 in forecast still varies) on Thursday.
This Winter Storm Will Bring Tornadoes AND Blizzard Conditions…   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgBfLT1Dk1Y

recent events leads to this video   ;) ::)
Carpenters - Calling Occupants Of Interplanetary Craft (Full Version)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teBV0EoJJY8

It was a strange card game Sat. night - we normally get in 2 or 3 games for the evening, but Sat it was only 1 game, that took 1:45 to complete - 5 long hands, first 2 my team  only scored 1600 pts (10000 to win) and the other team had 7200 - the next 3 hands we won with the other team only scoring 1800 while we went out.

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

LisaG1967

« Reply #1606 on: February 13, 2023, 01:33:01 PM »

Good afternoon - tsk, Lani and all  :)

oldguy - Sounds like nice weather you are having, but oh no more snow on Friday.  Yikes, that was a long game of cards. 

kb - Great job on the puzzle!

Phyl - Great pics from the cams.

Lori - Thanks for the Big Bear update.  :-*

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #1607 on: February 13, 2023, 02:00:58 PM »

CLYNN   What a great pic of the Bean. ( Cloudscape)  I've not seen it from that perspective before  LOL  Good family pic. You'll have to ask Bella what the best part of her vacation was... Holy smokes - that is one large "committee"  :o

PUFF   I found it hard to watch.  He's sure betting on Harriet's return - If not - will raise this brood and find a new mate next season.

((((BAZI))))   We'll pretend we read it  :-*

This cat we have has to be part dog!   Her favorite toy is a tiny "mouse" that sits at the end of a wire via a snap swivel. The wire is attached to a rod that her human uses to tease her with - She is lickety-split FAST.  Then she wants to carry it off dragging the wand behind her a little ways - turns around and brings it right back to the human's feet!!  This goes on for minutes.  She rests and the whole thing starts again.  I wanted to nap a bit this afternoon so I'm all situated on the office couch and he jumps up on my sidelying body with the mouse in her mouth.  I ignored her.  She went to Tim in his recliner in the family room.

Enjoy the game everyone.  May the best team win.  ;D

Tsk, LOL.  I think Lulu must be a pretty smart dog, er, I mean cat!  ;D :-*

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

kbshcb

« Reply #1608 on: February 13, 2023, 02:09:25 PM »

Cause we've had many days above freezing now....like over a week, I thought I'd go out and see how my piles are doing....Yesterday was close to 50..

Not so well, LOL.....still thinking about when it will all be gone?

This is why we here in Minnesota don't like very very large snow storms in Dec/Jan.....like this year's historic amounts.
Sorry NE USA....we got it all, LOL

T40cfr403

« Reply #1609 on: February 13, 2023, 02:17:50 PM »

8)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 02:21:32 PM by T40cfr403 »
Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

baziunc

« Reply #1610 on: February 13, 2023, 02:19:08 PM »

Hi Lisa thank you for the KC Chiefs victory congrats. Been a fan for years---just never had the time to watch all the games, esp now. 
Cute, 'mug of love' Valentine greeting.

Lori you're one busy gal keeping us update on the nest.  Appreciate the updates on BBBEs Jackie & Shadow and the pip/hatch info too. I was just gonna post a snap of
Newman, this very snapshot, too---you beat me to it! LOL

omg I am so excited!!!!  I love Newman! 💜  Thank you for all of the updates and beatiful photos this morning sweetie!  :-*

Lori/Phyl, me, too! I LOVE NEWMAN!!!  :-* :-* :-*  Sooo glad to know he is back.  :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #1611 on: February 13, 2023, 02:34:05 PM »

HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!!   :)

YAYAY CHIEFS!  :D

kbshcb

« Reply #1612 on: February 13, 2023, 02:57:24 PM »

This is Ollie....he is 1/2 German Shepherd
They just forgot WABBITS.....every evening alerting....

This from a Beautiful German Shepherd FB page.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1613 on: February 13, 2023, 03:38:33 PM »

umm .. thats the stem of a weed -
Newman isnt wearing hardware

8)

STL, Shep, Lori and Linda
Upon much closer scrutinty...it's a pine needle.
I was duped by a pine needle!  :o   ;D 
Gee!  ::)

BTW---great snaps and so nice to 'see' you Linda!

Looks like some fun/interesting posts in Beak today. Will read later.
Jim on his way home--
-

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1614 on: February 13, 2023, 05:02:35 PM »

OLDGUY   A card game marathon!    Think we will be at the southern end of that snow you will be getting.  They're not sure yet

BAZI    LOLOL  I think if we did get a newspaper, Lulu would bring it in.  Funny

KB   LOL  I can tell the snow is going down!!!  That shepherd should get honored by the community  ;) ;)

T40   Good ones  LOLOL
Chicagoland

T40cfr403

« Reply #1615 on: February 13, 2023, 05:44:26 PM »

National Eagle Center
3d

🦅🏈🏆 SUPER BOWL FRIDAY: OUR PANEL OF AMBASSADORS MAKE THEIR PREDICTIONS FOR THE BIG GAME! 🏆🏈🦅

The showdown between the Philadelphia Eagles and The Kansas City Chiefs in Super Bowl LVII is just two days away! Our team here at the National Eagle Center selected a panel consisting of Ambassador Angel, Ambassador Was'aka, and Ambassador Hollywood to get their predictions for who will emerge triumphant. CHECK IT OUT and please remember to SHARE! 🦅😄😉👍👍

Super Bowl LVII Ambassador Picks - https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=566528482079922

Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1616 on: February 13, 2023, 06:25:05 PM »

T40   Pretty smart birds at the NEC  ;) ;)
Chicagoland

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #1617 on: February 13, 2023, 07:07:14 PM »

Hi Beakers - please bear with me as I catch up a little.  We had company yesterday for Superbowl and the last one left at 11:30pm and I make sure my kitchen is clean before turning in (glad we didn't have to get up for Monday's work)!  I got up with Star @ 6 am, my usual time to let her out and then she comes back in for something to eat, then I went back to bed and slept another hour!

Clynn - Wonderful pic of Erin & Sydney and also of the whole family! ;D   Lol; spy balloon was just bird poop on windshield  ;D

LisaG - Awe, I bet Kelly's dress is darling  ;D  Glad she is feeling fine  :)

Lani - Precious vid of SP  ;D  Like Gray seal pupping in Maine!  Awe, BE taking a bath  :)    What a game -  We were all so happy over here, as my sons are fans of Mahomes too!!!  Very exciting game!!!!! 

Tsk - OMGosh - the vid of M15 protecting his precious babies - my heart goes out to him - prayers for All of them, that they stay safe & sounds.   Lulu sounds so healthy and bursting with energy - love that she has so much fun playing with that 'mouse swivel toy'  ;D

Puff - Hi Puff, how are you doing? :)

Baz - Oh no, I feel your pain of losing your post.  :o :(     Lol; love your cute note to Tsk (re; Lulu  :)

Phyl - Good for Jim in keeping up with the big games in sports  :)  Love all the live cam pics  ;D  Love Newman preening!

Oldguy - Yeah the Chiefs pulled it off at the end - so exciting!

Jaspurr - Hi Jaspurr - great to see you  :)

Oldguy - Love Quarantine kids doing 'Boogie On Reggae Woman'!!   Loved vid of the 'dangerous kitten' in the kitchen - those meeows - too cute!!!!   Fantastic links - thanks so much.  ;D   Love the beautiful picture you posted at the end!!

Lori - Love your post/pics last night!!  Great Albatross pics & links  ;D  Thank you for SWFL update  :-*  Thank you for all the live cam pics/links.

BL -  Lol!! funny  ;D

Kb - Yaay! Good for you in finishing puzzle - bummer about the 3 missing pcs.  You done good!! ;D   Yikes - your snow pics  :o  Like the GS post today!

T40 - Great stuff!  Liked Ambassador Superbowl pic!!

Tig - Hi gf! How's it going over there? :)

Beakers have a good evening  :)

Phyl

« Reply #1618 on: February 13, 2023, 07:20:39 PM »

Kb congrats on the puzzle completion---'Alice In Wonderland ' looks great even w/o those pieces;  'New Friendship' vid, so sweet, thanks. ;)
so much snow; cute German shepherd

Oldguy the Minions do it again  ;) ; nice you have some warmer weathr even if for a short while; Carpenter's vid :) thanks

Baz cute kitty w/newspaper; Newman is a handsome fella and so much fun to watch---what's not to love. Nice greeting for the day. LOL Cats and greeting cards

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1619 on: February 13, 2023, 07:29:55 PM »

'Good Evening' .
Wishing  everyone ‘SEDs’

Sauces bald eagle cam