Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1002886 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #1545 on: February 12, 2023, 06:44:09 AM »

A Northern Saw-whet Owl...

Eagles4 - yes, he had a hole in his sock.....reminds me of this song:

Van Morrison sings "My bucket has a hole in it"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkBAMkzutlQ

Morning all...Happy Superbowl Day...

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1546 on: February 12, 2023, 06:46:40 AM »

Good Morning Everyone
Happy Sunday !

currently 44F .  High of  58 F mostly sunny.  Evening/night  32F 

Are  you ready?
We are.

Hi Lilbro

Hi Karen, Pink, bbgolden and Nrstooge

Kb Northern Saw-whet Owl. Look at those eyes.

{{Tsk}} 

Lisa sounds like a nice time with Bradley & Kelly; alot going on in your family, hope all's well

Lani sweet kitties

« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 07:13:22 AM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1547 on: February 12, 2023, 06:55:53 AM »

Tsk Maggie's always gotten the vaccine for Feline Destemper along with one of the 'core' vaccines,  for rabies .  My understanding that all cats get this as a precaution. Maggie just got a renewal last month  during her annual visit with vet. 
But, to anwser your question, contracting feline distemper.

1. Cat-to-Cat Contact The most common mode of transmission for Feline Distemper among cats is through direct cat-to-cat contact. That’s because infected cats shed the virus is through bodily fluids, such as saliva and urine. ...
2. Contact with Contaminated Equipment and Surfaces ...
3. Human-to-Cat Contact ...
4. Through Breast Milk or In Utero ...
5. From Insects and Rodents ...

https://www.bing.com/search?q=how+do+cats+contract+feline+distemper&form=CHRDEF&sp=-1&pq=how+do+cats+contract+feline+distemper&sc=10-37&qs=n&sk=&cvid=F0F8F8903CB34A99B7B9B913D58D20E2&ghsh=0&ghacc=

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1548 on: February 12, 2023, 07:02:46 AM »

Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1549 on: February 12, 2023, 07:08:41 AM »

GOOD SUNDAY MORNING EVERYONE

30 heading to 53 and mostly sunny.

LANI   Awww  two cuddling kitties

PHYL  Thanks for additional info on distemper  ;)

Made sure I checked in this AM  ;) ;)
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #1550 on: February 12, 2023, 07:20:36 AM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1251188647908519939
Interesting Eurasian Hoopoe being fed.
Beautiful bird and sounds.

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #1551 on: February 12, 2023, 07:34:34 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

30 now, 52 for the high today, partly sunny.

Phyl, I have only ever had rabies shots for my cats, just because it is required. Superbowl...football is something I have never gotten into. The snacks are good though!

kb, the Saw-whet, the smallest owl in NA, about the size of a robin. Tiny little cutie! Great video!

Lani, oh those good night cats...so sweet...

E4E, Bella's BirthdayParty will be on Saturday (I think). Bella told me last Wednesday that they were going to some gymnasyics place and then to Build-a-Bear in the Mall. We haven't gotten the details yet. Speaking of car rides with pets, for the fifth time Becky and Jennifer have driven from Oregon to Mom's in So. Illinois, a three day trip. And always with their 2 cats, Molly and Lucy. They are quite accustomed to the ride and to Grandma's house!

Lisa, a Happy Belated birthday to Kelly! I wonder how big your stash of little girly things will be by the time she gets here!

tsk, hugs...but not too hard...

Berry College Eagles - As B16 continues to grow strong, it can sit up tall for feedings! Soon, the eaglet will be three weeks old, and its beak and feet will keep growing and looking a bit clownish. We are so lucky to get to see eaglets grow and change!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1552 on: February 12, 2023, 07:38:02 AM »

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, ssrl, Maxie, and All!
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #1553 on: February 12, 2023, 08:36:33 AM »

Lani - Lol 'Dewey didn't know'  ;D  Yes, more cozy burgers for March madness!  Cute Sloths :)

Kb - Like the sock story with Burt - I also like the song by Van Morrison  ;D

Phyl - Thank you for better explanation of Distemper.  :)   Very good 'inside superbowl' link!! ;D

Tsk - Glad to see you checked in bright & early  :)

Clynn - No doubt that Bella's 5th birthday will be a Special one!!   Wow-Becker & Jennifer must have cats who love to ride - maybe the kitty's realize they are on their way to Grandma's house!! ;) ;D   Love the Berry College nest pic! :-*

Hi Tig, Lori, Puff, Baz,LisaG, Oldguy, Lilbro, BL, T40, Pink, Blschue  :)

Happy Superbowl day!

clynndunn

« Reply #1554 on: February 12, 2023, 08:58:19 AM »

Erin & Sydney in Chicago last night!
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LisaG1967

« Reply #1555 on: February 12, 2023, 09:16:56 AM »

Good Morning Beakers....Happy Sunday!!

Morning all  :)

kb:D

((tsk)) - Glad you checked in this morning.  :D  They have a nice day planned for their ceremony at the Courthouse.  It will be an all day event with pictures after the ceremony, to lunch and a dinner later that evening with her family.  Not sure where we are going for lunch yet, but I do know the dinner will be at Benihana's. Kelly showed me a picture of her dress yesterday.  It's very nice, an off-white to the knee lacy kinda dress. 

E4E - Glad to hear that all went well with Star's shot.

Lani - Kelly is feeling good.  She is so skinny that she is not even showing.  Sweet sleeping kitties.

Phyl - We did have a nice time with yesterday.  :)  Reading your comment to tsk about the feline distemper, Bandit gets that too, but 3 years.  It use to be every year.

clynn - I have a nice lil pile started.   ;D Awww, look at B16, growing like a weed! 
Great pic of Erin & Sydney in Chicago. 

Lani

« Reply #1556 on: February 12, 2023, 10:36:20 AM »

Royal Albatross - 2/12 18:29
Mum continues to give SP some space when needed.
SP is busy preening – they have a lot of  ‘growing-in’ their feathers to do.
But there is always plenty of room for L & her #RoyalCam chick to enjoy some evening sun together.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1624766538137104387
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #1557 on: February 12, 2023, 10:55:13 AM »

Phyl, our cats get their distemper once every three years.

Lisa, what a special day it will be for Bradley and Kelly.  ;D

Clynn, glad to hear Becky and Jennifer and fur family in tow, made the three day trip to see your mom. She'll be happy. How long are they staying with her? Sounds like Miss Bella is going to have a very fun birthday. Glad to see Berry eaglet doing well.... awww great pic of Erin and Sydney!  :)

Kb, beautiful owl, gorgeous eyes ... oh my, the Eurasian Hoopoe is gorgeous, interesting sounds and feeding of young one.

Gray Seal Pupping - Seal Island, Maine

One bedraggled eagle caught taking a puddle bath
https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/f9150d30d27659dc8b9dc8f4109b6114f65a75c3ebf1b218da657d5e9da02b80.jpg?w=480&h=224

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1558 on: February 12, 2023, 11:27:00 AM »

CLYNN  Sure have to admire Becky and Jennifer on that long road trip from Oregon to Southern Ill  And I'm sure they've found pet friendly accommodations they use each time .  Looks good at Berry.  Nice pic of Erin and Sidney  Where were the kids?  LOL

LANI   Cute update from TRR  :) and the update on the Royals - Sweet Mama and baby.

LISA  Take lots of pics  :D

SWFL  Had a vid on FB - Dad trying to protect babies from invading huge female.  I'll see if I can find it

https://www.facebook.com/susan.starckromano/videos/1406684376801300/?idorvanity=243241724058357  YIKES
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 11:31:58 AM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

clynndunn

« Reply #1559 on: February 12, 2023, 11:36:33 AM »

tsk, just got more pictures, there are the kiddos!