Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1002967 times)

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #1515 on: February 11, 2023, 09:32:18 AM »

Happy Birthday Star!  I have it down as the 13th.  :-\ She is old enough to get her drivers permit now :)

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #1516 on: February 11, 2023, 09:42:11 AM »

Lori, Star got her driver's license! Wonder if Toonces was the instructor?  ;D ;D ;D

Puff, I would have also waited to see what the wolves did! Yes, I am sure Tony understood...

Erin sent a picture of Bella watching her American Girl doll being made... They are in Chicago for a car show.  Lisa, here is the website for you! https://www.americangirl.com/ 
   https://www.americangirl.com/pages/retail

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1517 on: February 11, 2023, 09:54:19 AM »

Cool... Lisa
Lol... Just saw a dozen turkey standing on the shoulder, like they were waiting for a bus. Teehee...

LOL Tig!  ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1518 on: February 11, 2023, 11:22:52 AM »

Here's Norman, finding a warm spot under Dewey's couch blankie.
He's ready for Caturday!
:-*

{{{Puff}}}  :-*

Eagles, poor Star getting a shot in her tushie. 

Tig, I hope you're taking pics! What a great day you're having!

Clynn, Thank you for posting Burt Bacharach Documentary. What a brilliant music arranger/composer/writer. There was magic between he and Dione Warwick... I loved it! It brought back such good memories of music, fantastic singers and the time period of my life. Such good memories.  :) ... love the Three amigos wildcats fascinating by the drone!  ;D. Love the pic of  Burt Bacharach, Paul and Jimmy Buffet. Bella looks so grownup waiting for her American Doll.  :-* ... beware of Peeping Toms, reminds me of my sweet old Weezel. He was the neighborhood peeping Weezel, he was very much loved by all.

Lisa, great ghostmobile! I send safe journey wishes for your mom! She'll have such fun!  ;D

Hi Baz  Mike is home, rested and sitting in front of the tv waiting for the KU basketball game to start.  He'll take a few more cat naps today to catch up after long week/all that driving.... :)

Phyl, sweet baby hummers, that cam is great! Your photos are very clear.

Well KU basketball has started, I better get up and get going. Dishes to be done, bed to be made (I need to move Milo off my pillow, that is how he celebrates his Caturday mornings) Of course that's after he and his bro Norman wake me up at 5:30am clawing the sides or under the bed mattress  :-\
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #1519 on: February 11, 2023, 11:34:45 AM »

From a trail cam somewhere in Minnesota.

Morning all.

I sewed Burt Bacharach's sock on a Western Airlines flight from LA to Vegas as a flight attendant. He told me how much I looked like his wife, Angie Dickenson
« Last Edit: February 11, 2023, 12:14:31 PM by kbshcb »

T40cfr403

« Reply #1520 on: February 11, 2023, 11:54:37 AM »

Owl photos are flooding the internet ahead of the Super Bowl. Here’s why - By Megan Marples, CNN

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/10/us/superb-owl-meme-super-bowl-scn/index.html

Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

kbshcb

« Reply #1521 on: February 11, 2023, 12:28:28 PM »

It hit 40!..above zero...sunny too..won't do a darn thing with the snow piles 'round here but sure feels good in the window...

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #1522 on: February 11, 2023, 01:28:11 PM »

bounce
Yep KB... I get out and walk some, without hat or gloves! But, meanwhile, sitting in the car and watching the races... It feels so good, so warm, in the sun. It takes me back to when I was a tyke. We would camp on the weekends and I would take an afternoon nap in the warm tent, in my flannel lined sleeping bag.
TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #1524 on: February 11, 2023, 01:36:20 PM »

bounce
Yep KB... I get out and walk some, without hat or gloves! But, meanwhile, sitting in the car and watching the races... It feels so good, so warm, in the sun. It takes me back to when I was a tyke. We would camp on the weekends and I would take an afternoon nap in the warm tent, in my flannel lined sleeping bag.
TTFN

Nice memory...how are the cars doing on the ice?
I used to swim in a lake in that chain of lakes when visiting my cousins..

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #1525 on: February 11, 2023, 02:12:10 PM »

Interesting posts on the creatures of nature: Aryana the hummer, new kittens (mountain cats?), hawks, pheasants, does.  Let me add my weeks' find. . .

At county building Tuesday for jury duty I saw a hawk land on a ledge.  Sat and waited for it to fly off to determine the kind.  Alas I had to get inside and even bypassed my tea for a bird.  But officer/guard said there's hundreds in the adjacent field.  Ah ha - Thought I'd go over today or tomorrow and sit and wait for the show.  Looks like it will be delayed until tomorrow.

One of my errands yesterday, less then 1 mile away from home, I went to visit Ton.  Walking back to the hotrod I spotted an animal.  I sat in the car to wait, I wasn't quite sure what I'd seen, coyote or wolf.  But it showed again, about 4  car lengths off to the side of the car.  A wolf!  Sitting patiently, quietly, and in awe, I waited to see what else it would do if it came back.  Bonanza, another showed up.  A pair!  They strolled around, laid down now and then, sniffed, marked their presence, and then met up and rubbed each other and rubbed noses.  No, they didn't mate.  But, I'm sure they are a pair and share the territory.  Eventually I had to leave, about a hour late, to finish my rounds.

I did apologize to Tony when I said I would be sharing my time on the next visit; he said he knew, he understood.

P

WOW ((PUFF))!!!!! Your sighting of that pair of wolves is a big wow!!! I hope you call your county/state Wildlife office (both, if you have both), and report the time and location of your sighting. I'm sure they would love to know the pair was there - they probably try to keep tabs on them, based on reported sightings. I'm not sure I would've been able to leave before the wolves did. I would've been totally mesmerized to be able to watch them that close. You had great cover in your car to do that! What a keeper of a special visit you had with Ton.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2023, 02:20:39 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1526 on: February 11, 2023, 02:19:39 PM »

Tig you/Camper are really early birds.  Here's hoping the ice holds for y'all.   ;) bucks and does plus a hawk.  ;)
Turkeys waiting on the road shoulder for a bus.  LOL; very nice childhood memory.

Lisa looks great--LEGOs have improved the seam.  I know Eagles mentioned a shelf for display---maybe a room addition?  :-*
St Christopher be w/ your mom as she travels

Eagles hope this is all Star needs for the year.  ;)  :-*

Ahhh {{{Puff}}}  awesome viewing the wolves though. Lucky gal. Ditto calling the wildlife dept. they'd be interested

Lori Now that Star has her driver's license---has she mentioned any travel plans?   ;D

Clynn how cool Bella got to see her AG dolling being put together.
LOL 'peeping Toms''

Lani awww Norman.  :-*   Glad to read Mike had a safe journey home. I'd like to think St Christopher helped.
Just a thought about kitties clawing the underside of your boxsprings, take some peg board and rest in matress rails then add the box springs, etc.---Samantha did that  her first year w/ me to hid up amongst the springs. I use to feel her all night long .

Kb wonderful snaps of eagle/wolf altercation; you darned Burt's sock? Did I get that right?  ;Sweet mama and calf in the bog.; one never knows---might be enough to melt some snow. Nice that temps are warming for you.

T40 lots a links---let's see---LOL cats in love, last one; why cat's are affectionate---hungry ,   tis whyMaggie jumps in my lap LOL; snack time  ;D
Your trainer---so funny; 5th grear, Vrooom!

Here's one for you, T40:  https://www.pinterest.com/pin/856317316668160254/feedback/?invite_code=a2f9ecafde774e6ba91459de165c0152&sender_id=705024654074506160

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1527 on: February 11, 2023, 02:20:25 PM »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1528 on: February 11, 2023, 02:28:40 PM »

Sauces bald eagle cam

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #1529 on: February 11, 2023, 02:42:50 PM »

Clynn, yes! You and I could make quick work of a yummy Key Lime pie! I love 'em!! If you get offered a slice of one around my house, you better accept it the first time. There won't be a second time... it will be gone!!  ;D  Love the pic of Bella watching her American Girl doll being made!!  :-*  Fun trip!!  :)  She's wearing an outfit that's very similar to the outfit my youngest twin great nieces are wearing (different colors, but similar outfits). They turned 5 years old in December! How did that happen?!?!!  :D :-* :-*

Lani, awww, Normon's got it going on for Caturday.  :-*  He looks a lot like Etta.  :)  I'm glad you probably didn't have to hide during Mike's KU game today. LOL!  ;)  ;D  KU won big! Did Mike celebrate with some of his Cozy Burgers?  :D  My Carolina Tar Heels have had a very rough go recently,  ::)  but they are kicking butt in their game right now! Yay!!  It's about halfway through the 2nd half right now. Hope it doesn't go south in the last 10 minutes!  :D

Lisa, I keep thinking Mardis Gras is this coming Tuesday. LOL. It seems late this year to me. I know your Mom is going to have the best time in Nola and going to the parades! Wow, Jeff is working those models fast! He's a pro!

Tig, no hat and no gloves!  :o  Brrr! Okay, you're not supposed to "hope" the ice will hold!!  LOLOL!!   ;) :D ;D

HAPPY CATURDAY, BEAKERS!  :D

« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 02:38:23 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center