Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1016891 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #150 on: January 04, 2023, 11:42:50 AM »

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #151 on: January 04, 2023, 11:43:25 AM »

Happy New Year from North American Bear Center!

Blue Jay
;D

We lost a friend, Ray Thielbar was with me nearly from the beginning in creating the North American Bear Center.
https://www.bearstudy.org/updates/daily-updates/4698-we-lost-a-friend-update-january-2-2023.html

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Lilbro, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, BL, Lori, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, ssrl, Maxie, and All!
[/b]

Kb, goodness that's a lot of snow on your patio!  :o

Lori, wonderful to see little SWFL newbie making it's way out of it's warm egg.  :-*

Oldguy, cool jeep, I bet that's used up in our area.

Lisa, I'm going to take down our Christmas things down a few days at a time. I used that bedroom closet next to Aly's bathroom to store our Christmas tree and boxes. The bedroom is full of some of Aly's storage now. I'm mentally working on how to get it organized for long term, without the use of the closet.

Eagles, it's a gorgeous morning, it's 38 and suppose to warm up to mid-40's. Snow melted on the roads so it was a nice morning walk with Sadie. Though she couldn't stop wanting to stick her nose in the snow for a long sniff. LOL! But, there are dark clouds coming from the northwest. I better check with Ryan Hall y'all!  ;) You have a good day!  ;D

Tsk, love your morning gif  ;D

Clynn, pretty nest updates. I can't believe how fast time has gone by, Miss Bella will be in school soon.

Hi Puff!  ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #152 on: January 04, 2023, 01:18:28 PM »

Lani - yup the snow is at least 3 Ollie mans deep!....when one is low to the ground it's difficult to lift the leg and find a place well, you know without.......

I did shovel him a short path but geesh.....he's still lounging on the bed....one pee try earlier in the am befoe I shoveled.

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #153 on: January 04, 2023, 01:39:56 PM »

SWFL eagle cam Home of Harriet and M15

Little one is trying it's best... 💜 135pm cst
sloooow gif
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #154 on: January 04, 2023, 02:40:56 PM »

EAGLES  Funny you should mention that.  I think it takes me much less time to put it all away than set it up.  LOL This excludes the tree.

OLDGUY   LOL  Car for KB.  Could be worth the price  LOL   LOLOL  Beakers  Rah Rah.

KB  Sure way to have a mild winter would be to buy the Jeep OLDGUY Posted  LOL

TIG  this is truly some winter you are having.  I think you will win the prize at the end of winter  ;) ;) :o ::)

PUFF    LOL  "We are"  Guess you got to be there... ;D

LANI    What a beautiful remembrance from Lynn of his long time friend Ray.  They will see his mark everywhere.  Sounds like a big organization task to me.  Aly will live there until she starts making some money and then find an apt?

LORI   Nice gif of the pecking.
Chicagoland

oldguy

« Reply #155 on: January 04, 2023, 03:52:11 PM »

KB - here is were I got my info on that Jeep idea...
Casey LaDelle   -   https://www.youtube.com/@CascadeHeavyRescue
This video gives a good idea on the ability of the tracked jeep...
Stranded in a Lookout Tower    -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efxZDQdE7pw&t=18s

Woke up this morning to a thin coating of ice - almost impossible to stand on it.  Temp was 29 - the temps were supposed to rise slightly today - but it has stayed at 29 all day.  This afternoon we have gotten a very thin coating of snow.

Drive Thru Lady Speaks Husky! Can't Believe She Understood Him!   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeEU9SemcGE

Owners are CRYING, you are LAUGHING!    -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gt5mmfN4Ac

Kaleidoscope and Cats   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f9LoZmrgMk

Quarantine Kids play "Junior's Farm"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm2A91-OvUw

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #156 on: January 04, 2023, 04:55:01 PM »

KB - here is what you need this winter for your Jeep  ;)

That's it!!

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #157 on: January 04, 2023, 04:56:36 PM »

SWFL eagle cam home of Harriet and M15...

I see you little one!!!

What a wonderful sight. Can't wait to hatch day.
Thanks.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #158 on: January 04, 2023, 05:07:04 PM »

Lisa good cocoa this  AM; took the last of the evergreen garland down from the stair handrails and packed it all in storage tubs. Sitting on the landing ready
for Jim to carry upstairs

Clynn Decorah annd DNN are the most loving couple

Kb that's some weather rundown  and pile on the hot tub, ditto Tsk. Among first things dad taught me about driving a vehicle was never spin your wheels  ;)
Tks for the snowfall map for your area. Gosh!
[/b]
Tsk your frog this AM is the 'most', LOL

Eagles your temps are in our ballpark, with all that rain and these warm temps those blasted weeds will rise their ugly heads.

Tig Gosh! the snow for you two.  Pls don't over do shoveling . glad your brother is going to make it to your place this time. Hope all goes well

Puff
there you are. Glad to hear you had the best time in Calif.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 09:53:42 PM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

LisaG1967

« Reply #159 on: January 04, 2023, 05:45:31 PM »

clynn - Looking forwards to Bella pics.  Love the morning pics from DE & DNN.  This was my favorite snap I captured from today.  HM in the field behind N2B gathering nesting.

kb  - That's ALOT of snow  :o

tsk - I have only used cinnamon sticks in one of DIY's on Pinterest for making your home smell good.  I have never thought about using it in cocoa.

E4E - Yes, and Jeff says, every time he is in the attic...In the Spring we are cleaning this attic out.   ;D  We never do!

oldguy;D kb's winter jeep!

Lori - Thank you for the SWFL update!!!!!!

Lani - Oh no, I hope you can find storage for your stuff, since you will be with one less closet for a bit.

Puff - Welcome home!

Have a good night, everyone!

kbshcb

« Reply #160 on: January 04, 2023, 06:21:20 PM »

oldguy - cool mountain top video....with the Jeep pulling the other vehicle..

I want one! ;)

Yup still snowing here....who knows how much we have gotten now...13, 14, 15...?????????

We will be cleaning up after this one for many days/a week....

Tomorrow Chris and I will walk a block over for an errand run.....no driving yet.

Puff

« Reply #161 on: January 04, 2023, 06:24:00 PM »

Now have put this in various channels, I think all, old and new.  I didn't know about Amy being busy behind the scenes switching things around.  This is found also in new Beakroom 2023.

Replies since MIA 12/30
13 pages of postings -  hope I didn't miss anyone.

E4E   Almost had clear weather.  Some drizzles off and on.  One big, long rain    started during RB game.  Smaller rains intermittent 1/31 and 1/1, but then    they needed rain, just not a cyclone.  Sounds like what is happening now is      not going to be good.
   Parade 10x  better that it appears; nothing but fun.

Lani   2 1/2 hours of so much to enjoy. Even the crowd becomes part of the    show.     Yes, I got a ticket to see the game - had a ticket in hand after many
   tries, 50 yard line.   About 20 rows up from field, at the level lower/high    break in tiers.   Great spot especially for short and ADA problems. Finally    cleared with ticket in hand after start of 1st quarter.  It wasn't easy but    finally cleared it off the buckett list of this ole lady.  List is shrinking!  'We    Are' chant is amazingly fun.

Two tours of southern CA and lots of LA.  Weasel (sorry to spill the beans Weasel)
gave me a grand area tour, 3-4 hours one-on-one, favorites.  She showed me lots of reminising favorites and close personal places and memories.
I now hope to get caught up on un-organizing Christmas, business, and personal obligations so I can spend hours going back through pics.
Loved the tour, and love you.  Thanks Weasel.

PHYL   Can honestly say - Rain, what rain?  Nothing ever bothered anyone in the glorious 4 days had by thousands.  Make that thousands + one. ME!

Met Avis and hubby from Saint Paul at our first get-together dinner orientation.   Coincidently, she  sat next me at the very same table.  And, would you  believe, she is also a travel advisor.  Same age, loved football.  AND - she is a silent percher of RRP!  I told her she now needs to come to ATF and meet our group.
See, we travel people know who to go for the best for the $ and fun.

Side of LA I got to saw:  Not the same as NY or Chgo.  Not roads in straight lines, criss-crossing with other straight lines.  So much you don't know until you are there.  Lots of hills and curves to get to the next destination.  Businesses, downtown, residential clandestinely hidden away in forests, hills, valleys, curves , even the freeways curve and go up and down.  I found smooth rolling on the roads even when there was an influx of fans being added to a BIG, busy city.  Not like my area.  And it is fast driving always.  Beautiful homes and areas. hidden and snuggled again into equally beautiful flora.  Low ceiling and fog again meant no up-close-and-personal opportunity to see HOLLYWOOD sign.  Guess I'll have to go back again some day to add that to my LA experience.  Tee Hee

Clynn    Loved your reminder post of our much more special childhood.  How do    we share and pass that on to the "new generations"?  They have so much    these days -- but have missed so much.  I do remember!

Nibi the beaver's adorable -- beaver doing what beavers have to do.  It is    like an eaglet's poop shoot!  It's natural; how do they know how , how to    they even think of doing the process.

OG   I will definitely go back to view Dolly's highwomen vid.
   Had a serious chuckle at the end of the cat house -- seriously?  Great fun.

Lori   Always tears with Diva's Goodbye tour at N1.

LisaG  Of course Dolly looks good.  Has good genes, lots of money, good doc, and    lots of pain and rehab time.  She can't help look good but then she goes    through lots  more to not the way she looks/looked.  Love her talent and    her life's story.

Clynn   Have at it!!   I dub the red velvet cheesecake dessert of the year 2023!

Lani   WOW - Pic of Pope and Pele, not that long ago either.

Worst part of RB trip--Singing Ole Lang Syne at midnight without Ton.

Phyl   Funniest post - Cat playing catch the owner's package -- what a hoot!

KB   Apology - I did miss GB/Vike game.  Was busy for some reason.  :)  Who    won?

T40   Two favs for sure--Dog giving pup bigger piece   and    beaver's doorstop.

OG   Wow!   Good going 21-0.  I  seem to have missed some good games     Sorry   -     Not sorry.

Lani   Australia celebration always a good show.  Can't/Won't put that on my    bucket list.  Much too long a bus ride.     LOL

E4E   Always being thought of and remembered by you; always a deep warm    feeling.  Too bad we couldn't make contact.  Next time?! And maybe even
   get Weasel to join in.

Pink   Missed the parade! Terrible thing! I'll give you a private blow by blow    and answer questions.

KB   I'm confused who missed the parade, you or Pink?  They switched the day    of both the parade and game.?  I'm confused now.

I didn't know Zippo's birthday is Jan 1.  For real?  or Designated?

But I was so easy to spot.   Not at parade but at the game.  Utah side was white or red tops.  I was on the PSU side white and/or dark blue.  On game day in a rush I accidently put on rain coat to reverse side.  Usually on black side with floral cuffs and hood.  Game  time it was on reverse all floral Monet side.  For that reason , if not the field-size side, I would be the blooming flowers in the sea of blue.  And no one saw me? Ummmph.

Have I overstayed my welcome?  Twenty lashes with a wet noodle!

P

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #162 on: January 04, 2023, 07:01:40 PM »

Good Evening Beakers! Bella and I had a fun day today! Play-doh, painting, creating, music playing (she loves Girls just wanna have fun...), stickers, and Ah-pad. No Barbies or Babies today! I have a couple of pictures Erin sent me of what Santa brought them for Christmas in addition to a few from today...  The last picture is Kelsey with Karen, Greg's new dachshund. He has another one named Juanita! This is where Ed and Kelsey go every Wednesday. And a couple of pictures of the Furkids!

Puff, sounds like you had a wonderful time at the game and especially with the friends! Great that you got another one off your bucket list! ( I have not touched the red velvet cheese cake yet....saving for a special occasion!

Lisa, great shot of HM gathering nesting material! Look at all those corn husks and stalks! Ha, we are always vowing to clean out our crawl space every spring, have said so for the last 10-12 years...  ::) ::)

Lori, I see the beak at SWFL, thanks for keeping us updated!  I just took a look and per the chat Harriet has not given anyone a look so far!

Phyl, we had a dusting of snow when I got up this morning, it didn't melt at all today except on the main roads.

Lani, I have been working on getting the Christmas stuff put away. I did what I could knowing Bella would be here today, tomorrow I can get it all ready to go to the crawl space (the same crawl space we keep saying we are going to clean in the spring...  ::) ::)  Thanks for the Bear updates, I always love reading them.

Black Eagle Project Roodekrans
Our first official Monitoring for 2023 and the Eagles are doing just fine. This is their “Rest Period”, but by March they will one again be preparing the Nest for the new breeding season. Sorry I don’t have a photo of the Eagles for you, so I decided to post this one which I took on my mobile phone. I was standing casually watching the Eagles above when five Egyptian Geese flew from the Waterfall and landed approximately 20 meters from me. They all waddled towards me and made themselves comfortable right by me. I had to wonder whether or not they felt a little more secure close to me while the Eagles were flying above. They waddled off after about a half hour or so. I will post new photos of the Eagles as soon as I’m able to get the very latest. Have a pleasant 2023. The Walter Sisulu National Botanical Gardens is absolutely beautiful this time of the year.

LesleytheBirdNerd - Blue and Sweet Girl's son, 'Sweet Blue' on my hand. I love how he almost looks surprised 😄🥰🐦💙💜

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #163 on: January 04, 2023, 07:26:16 PM »

OLDGUY   Oh MY  Owners crying and laughing  LOL  Kaleidoscope and cats was good

PUFF    WOW  Get Avis to be a regular in the Beak.  Awww I think I heard Ton in heaven singing!!  :-* :-*

CLYNN  I think Bella is starting to look like Erin!  That was quite a Xmas the kids had.  :o  Love the princess bed.  Egyptian goose  :o

Well it has been a busy day in the Beak with Puff's report, and Bella's visit so this may be anti climactic

Meet Lulu  about 11 months old, a mama already.  she is going to be a "lulu" for sure.  Lucy never cared about the computer - this one is all over me  LOL  Enjoy what pics I could get today                                                                                                                                                                                 
Chicagoland

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #164 on: January 04, 2023, 07:28:32 PM »

2 more

Love her coloring and she is warming up very quickly after hiding in the basement for over 3 hours when we first got her home and into her litter box.  Still hasn't eaten or peed.  Wonder where she will sleep tonight!
Chicagoland
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 854   Go Up