Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1003303 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #1455 on: February 09, 2023, 05:16:45 PM »

baz - Bon Jovi was a Hot Hunk back then, and he still looks good.   ;D  Have a great day!

tsk - Your muffins sound delish! 

Have a good night, everyone!

Puff

« Reply #1456 on: February 09, 2023, 05:25:58 PM »

LisaG - Bon Jovi -  Was he the hunk?

P

LisaG1967

« Reply #1457 on: February 09, 2023, 05:49:25 PM »

LisaG - Bon Jovi -  Was he the hunk?

P

Yes  :)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1458 on: February 09, 2023, 06:37:27 PM »

BAZI  Tim kept saying to the vet "My wife won't believe this"  LOLOL

PUFF   LOL You found a hiding place.  That is so funny. Follow the hair!  ;D

TIG     Long time - Don't think I'd have the patience for deciding a case verdict.  .  I hear deaths are up to 20,000 now from the earthquake.  Such a terrible thing.
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #1459 on: February 09, 2023, 07:29:59 PM »

Jury duty does have some long wait periods.  Some wait all day and end up getting no trial.  If nothing the first day you don't have to come back again.  But you do hear horror tales of a month-long case; those are the ones that end up in the news.  Mine was first questioning and then a long day as things started - followed by yesterday, a very very long day/night.  Not much to talk about because everyone is a stranger.  It helps to take some reading material, some had their ipad.  Grabbed my paper off the drive the first day - second was busy with the trial routines.

But I don't want to give a negative impression, not a complaint.  I look at it more as a learning experience, a new adventure.

P
« Last Edit: February 09, 2023, 07:32:12 PM by Puff »

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #1460 on: February 09, 2023, 09:15:05 PM »

Kb, Lori, LisaG, Kb, Clynn, Oldguy, BL, Phyl, T40, Baz, Blschue  :)

Lani - Sad how several sloths have lost their Mamas - and sad that more sloths have passed due to health issues. :( :(   You are right in that over the years, it is so hard when for reasons we don't know that BEs disappear and we never know what happened to them.  We can't help but become attached to the BE Moms & Dads and their little ones - it never gets easier when something happens.

Tig - Sounds like a good experience you had at being selected to serve on a jury - that's good   :)  Enjoy a pizza tonight!   Tig, Hubby & I got covid (only once) back in early July after attending a funeral in church (celebration of Life), and a reception in a 'Hall'.  In 3 days, hubby came down with covid and me a day after him.  But it took about 24 hrs to test positive after the symptoms appeared.  I'm sure it is different for everybody tho!

Tsk - Oh my gosh - that Lulu!!  What a difference - glad she cooperated at the Vet's  ;D ;D   It does take a while to sort a 1000 pc puzzle - enjoy  ;D

Puff - Love hearing of Ashley's special hiding/sleeping place   :)

Pink - I know you are a busy girl!  Just hoping all is good with you & your family. :-*

Karen - Thinking of you.

Everyone have a good evening  :)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1461 on: February 10, 2023, 01:15:18 AM »

Something else 'vintage' for today.

Yes Clynn.
 Age 4.
Early Autumn
Joshua Tree National Park, California

Lani I've been to every state in the Union. Except for Arizona ,  Hawaii and Maryland

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1462 on: February 10, 2023, 01:16:04 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project
From Amy's blog...

February 7, 2023: What happened to HD’s foot?
https://www.raptorresource.org/2023/02/07/february-7-2023-what-happened-to-hms-foot/

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1463 on: February 10, 2023, 01:43:11 AM »

Hope everyone had a good evening.
Wishing SEDs to all.

Puff so that's where you've been. I was juror on a murder trial in Joplin, MO. Think I was in my mid-twenties.
Wish I could forget that.      Found Ashley's hiding place.   Ruts are nice

Lisa nice knitted hearts. Nope. Nothing but blown down tree limbs. So funny --- when the winds got bad the bluebirds dart in the
meal worm feeder and ride it al out.    I lit another candle to St. Francis and St Catherine  for BBkitty, Little One and all the others.

Tsk
yesterday's AM greeting said it all about your rain.  LOL Lulu at vet.  Cats and children will make a liar out of a person every time.  ;)
Whoa! 1000 tiny pieces  ---easy to loose.  Muffins sound yummie

Lani good news on Mike.  Your morning post---Life and how well once bounces back.  Bing-go!  ;)

Eagles nice day once it got started. Jim off tomorrow. Why Publix?    Awwww Minnie Mouse
How was your day?

Tig had forgotten about Nat'l Pizza Day.   :(

Clynn   Bon Jovi   :-* :-* :-*  ;D

Sauces bald eagle cam

Puff

« Reply #1464 on: February 10, 2023, 06:00:29 AM »

Just occured to me tsk. You must have a system of protecting the pieces from the kitty when you lay them out.

We all know that cats' main joy in life is pushing items to the floor "where they belong".  What about Lulu?  Is she leaving things alone?  All those with cats who work on puzzles must have a "system". 

My non-solution was for sweaters laid out to dry.  They are inherently soft and cuddily.  I would let nature follow its course and then use the tape roller to take off the hair when folding the sweaters before putting them away.  :-\

Deceit day forcast for us today.  Errands planned to make up for missed free time
all week.

P

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1465 on: February 10, 2023, 07:32:37 AM »

My post from last night went POOF!  :o
I was sure I pressed post and I saw it before I left the room.  ???

Puff, thanks for sharing your jury experience

Phyl, thanks for Amy's blog. I hope HD's talon improves.

Tsk, It's nice your hairdresser can come to your home. I hope it won't be too uncomfortable for you. Enjoy your yummy Blueberry muffins.... Terrible loss of life in Turkey.... Love your Lulu story. Cats will be cats!  ;D

I'm going to go to a meeting early this morning, then prepare a meal for a dear friend whose husband passed away Tuesday.
Have a good day everyone.  :)
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1466 on: February 10, 2023, 07:45:06 AM »

IT'S CATURDAY

This is a Lulu look I get a lot - "What's Next"

PUFF   My friend was on a grand jury once.  She had to travel across town to a bad area where the court house was. And across town in Chicagoland is not easy as you know.   She had to do this for a month. Lucy doesn't go upstairs much. She hasn't disrupted anything yet  ;D

PHYL   Thanks for Amy's Blog report.  Cute Valentine decoration.   Would be fun to do.

LANI   Snoopy makes me laugh   How nice to do the meal for your friend  :-*
« Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 07:46:43 AM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

Phyl

« Reply #1467 on: February 10, 2023, 07:46:33 AM »

Good Morning Everyone ...It's Friday!!

45 F  and cloudy  .  High of 55 F and sunny  .  Evening/night  34F  clear skies.

Hi Lilbro

Hi Karen, Pink, bbgolden and Nrstooge

Sad news again for Sauces---Audiacity laid a 3rd egg with in the hour  it broke. 

Lani too bad about your post last night.  Prayers for your friend who lost her husband. I'm sure they will greatly appreciated your
hard work in the meal for them.

Tsk I hope you can be confortable while your hairdresser is  there. She's a special lady to come to your house .  Sweet Lulu look for you. She's certainly
thriving with you.

Puff sounds like a busy day.

I have small jobs for Jim to help me with since he's off today. And, a few errands too.
Everyone take care.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 07:48:23 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1468 on: February 10, 2023, 07:49:16 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

Bald eagle mating: Courtship, bonding, copulation, and other things romantic!
https://www.raptorresource.org/2023/02/08/courtship-copulation-and-other-things-romantic/

Sauces bald eagle cam

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #1469 on: February 10, 2023, 07:51:48 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Puff, love that you found Ashley's best hiding place, isn't it amazing how much hair you find! I found a video of crafting with cat hair!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hMGSCLsIgM Years ago I was working a 1000 piece puzzle, I think I was still sorting because there were still a lot of pieces in the box. I had a board to use so I could shove it under the bed when not working on it. The cat thought it was a litter box for his convenience. Enough said.  ::) ::)

Phyl, glad to hear the storm wasn't too bad! So nice that you have a shelter where your bluebirds can be safe! Thanks for Amy's Blog, I hope HD's foot heals! It will soon be time for eggs, he needs to get busy!  ::) ::) Love that pic of you, I have been to the Joshua Tree National Park, a trip I won to Palm Springs years ago! Have been to every state but RI, ME, NH & MA, the Sisters Group is planning a fall trip for this fall or next!  So sorry to hear the Sauces news, didn't she lay 5 or 6 eggs a few years ago, all of them broke...?

E4E, what you said about losing the wildlife we get attached to, so true. But at least we got to know them... and there are many moments of joy!

tsk, love 'follow the hair...'!  Yes, the earthquake news is heartbreaking. They are just now getting help to the part of Syria that is held by the rebel forces because they are sanctioned by a lot of the world... Amazing story of a newborn saved after her mother died in the rubble:  https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/feb/10/baby-aya-syria-earthquake-newborn-name  And they are still finding survivors...  Lulu is still sizing up her new Mom & Dad!

Lisa, there are some famous people who were and always will be hunks!  Bon Jovi is definitely one of them!

Lani, have you found the picture of Aly yet?  ;D  I did miss seeing your good night post, I always see it when I open the Beak in the morning, glad you came in so we know you are okay!  That has happened to me before, was sure I posted and come back much later to see it still sitting there. Glad you are going to help your friend...you are a comfort to everyone...

Exterminator Finds Over 700 Pounds of Acorns Inside Walls of a Client’s Home

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/08/us/california-acorns-woodpeckers/index.html?https://wearemitu.com/wearemitu/things-that-matter/exterminator-700-pounds-acorns-woodpeckers/

Owl Mom Whose Eggs Didn’t Hatch Is Overjoyed To Find Babies In Her Nest

https://lololovecats.com/owl-mom-whose-eggs-didnt-hatch-is-overjoyed-to-find-babies-in-her-nest/?fbclid=IwAR2RefWLKbNmA1MDx4pZT6n9U_Z1mw4bMezOEeAe4nmJRViFy4iNHZwY5rA
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown