Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1003323 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #1440 on: February 09, 2023, 07:50:43 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Morning tsk, kb, tig and all  :)

Phyl - Adorable good night kitty.  What an adorable "vintage" pic!  Hope no damage from the wind last night. 

clynn - Very cool shot of the Beatlesons.  Great pic of Yaya and Boo. I am hoping for some eggs at N1, too.  Great pics of Bella!  Handsome hunk in your morning pic!  :D

E4E - Thank you  :)

Lori - Thanks for the SWFL info.  Sorry that you have not been able to login.   :(

Lani - Thank you, and yes...I love shopping!  ;D  Royal baby is getting big!

BrokenLug - I hope your smeller is broken...I don't want a March Nor' Easter!

Puff -  Jury duty is never fun, but it must be done.  Glad you are back.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1441 on: February 09, 2023, 08:00:54 AM »

HI EVERYONE

40 degrees all day today.  Pouring most of the day.

LANI   What a sweet pic of the baby Royal  :)  As usual a great good night photo. ;)

CLYNN   Love your saying today  " Attitude is Everything" is another way to say it.  So true.  Have to laugh at Ed.  Sounds like Tim when he goes to the grocery for me  ::) ::)  "But it was on sale and the other wasn't."

PHYL   Cute vintage Mickey.  Not noticing the high winds as much just yet but the gusts are predicted.  Is that a pic of you??  Cutie patootie.   

PUFF   I've never been on a jury.  You learn so much - that is great.  When I was a PT I did have to testify on a case of someone who had fallen at a store entrance - I no longer remember the particulars.

LISA   Love those knitted hearts  :)
Chicagoland

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #1442 on: February 09, 2023, 08:59:56 AM »

Hi Kb, Oldguy, Tig  :)

Clynn - Very cool pic of the Beatlesons!   Lol; Ed also finds a lot of crap and junk! ;D

Lori - Hope your log-in issue gets resolved - no fun.  Thank you for SWFL info.

Lani - Glad Mike is doing fine and good that he will be home tomorrow. :)   Weather sounds good in your area.   Wow, chick is already 19 days old!

BL - some sunny Feb weather for you  :)

Phyl - Wow - high gusts of wind last night - hope today is a calmer day in your area.   Thank you :)  Who is in your cute vintage pic?

Puff - In 2019, I was chosen as an alternate on a civil trial and it was very interesting - lasted 5 days.  Glad you are done! :)

LisaG - Like your gif this morning! 

Tsk - Hope it is a 'stay in day' with all the rain expected - maybe a puzzle day! ;)

Beakers have a nice day  :)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1443 on: February 09, 2023, 09:32:11 AM »

Something else 'vintage' for today.

sweet  ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #1444 on: February 09, 2023, 09:45:32 AM »

TRR NEW ARRIVALS:

Kanga, two-fingered sloth: He was rescued in Sarapiquí after his mom died from a dog attack.
Roo, two-fingered sloth: He was found in Guapiles with his mom, that had passed away due to unknown reasons.
Tigger, two-fingered sloth: He was brought from SINAC (wildlife police). His mom passed away due to electrocution.

These babies will stay under our care as part of our #SavingSlothsTogether Program.

Sloth Pre-School Updates:

Geo, the two-fingered sloth: He is very active and eating well.
Landon, the two-fingered sloth: He is doing great; we will get him to exercise more.
Coco, the two-fingered sloth: She is great; she has a good appetite and is very active.
Robin the three-fingered sloth: He is good and has a good appetite. He has been gaining weight!
Pax, the two-fingered sloth: He is pretty active and eating well.
Liana, two-fingered sloth: She is doing good. Active and eating well.

In Loving Memory: :'(

We are very sad to share that these babies have passed away.

Noemi, the three-fingered sloth: passed away due to an intestinal torsion.
Summer, the two-fingered sloth: passed away from pneumonia.
Belen, the two-fingered sloth: passed away from pneumonia.
Winter, three-fingered sloth: passed away due to a multiple-organ failure.

Good morning sweet Robin. It's sad to know your crib mate Noemi has passed.  :'( But, here you are ready for breakfast and doing well.  :-*

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

Eagles, Lisa, have a good day  ;D

Tsk, you're getting a lot of rain  :-\ ... maybe a good day to knit prayer shawls or do a puzzle.... Take care  :-*

Puff, I've been selected a few times for jury duty, once Salina, KS, 3 times in Maricopa County, AZ, only had to serve once in Kansas. It was a learning experience back then, but your experience is interesting, and shows the changing times. We haven't been called to serve here in Gila County. Thank goodness they recently built a courthouse here in Payson. Now, we can serve jury duty here, instead of traveling quite a bit of distance to Globe, AZ as they have done for years.

Phyl, thanks for History of Valentines... sweet pic of you in Arizona?

Pink, Ditto what Clynn said, we miss you and pray all is well, but we understand you're a busy PinkEagle.  :-*

Clynn, you and I both remember the sad details of SWFL Ozzie's last season, that hearing about Harriet's being gone is heartbreaking for us. No matter how many years we've watched our eagle families and seen the sad changes of life for them, it doesn't make it any easier.  :'( and then there's Iris   :-\ :-* ... I'll look for the pic of Aly in her sweet OshKosh yellow jumper. They made such cute clothes to last back then. {{{Ed}}} bless our hubbies hearts. LOL! ;D

BL :)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2023, 10:17:09 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #1445 on: February 09, 2023, 09:45:49 AM »

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #1446 on: February 09, 2023, 10:39:10 AM »

yep... bounce

I was blessed to serve on a jury years ago, as I was happy to be away from my boss at the time. It was a civil case and I was the foreperson. We found for the plaintiff against the large company from which he was fired. The case was tried over the Christmas holiday and the judge granted long lunch breaks during which we enjoyed all the decorations and fine dining available downtown.

After picking up groceries and maybe our repaired car today, Camper is looking forward to celebrating national pizza day.

TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LisaG1967

« Reply #1447 on: February 09, 2023, 11:50:59 AM »

tsk - Thanks, I thought they were cute. 

E4E - Thanks  :)

Lani - Thanks for the TRR update.  Very sad about Robin's crib mate.  :(

tig - I hope you and Camper get to celebrate National Pizza Day, eat a slice for me!  :D

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #1448 on: February 09, 2023, 01:15:56 PM »

baz, is that pig with the pinwheels the one from those obnoxious commercials? Yes, it is!!!
https://www.google.com/search?q=youtube+obnoxioux+pig+commercials&oq=youtube+obnoxioux+pig+commercials&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i64.10327j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:b100a851,vid:al20AFLf4n8

Clynn, WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   ;D  (yes, it is)  ;) :D :D  Love your day with Princess Bella - busy, busy!!  Good on her for tackling what looks like a fairly difficult puzzle! Thanks for sharing the pics from the day!  :)  And, aww, I love that "Momo" pic from Andrew of YaYa and Boo!!  They look happy and content.  :-* :-*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #1449 on: February 09, 2023, 01:28:07 PM »

Clynn, I forgot to say... Jon Bon Jovi was a Hot Hunk back then!  ;D  Great "Throwback" picture of him! Drool.  :-* ;) :D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1450 on: February 09, 2023, 01:54:04 PM »

EAGLES  Am now sorting a 1,000 piece puzzle.  I'm on my 3rd day of sorting. Pieces are tiny  :P

LANI   Thanks much for the sloth report.  Found it interesting as to how they got the new arrivals.  It's a harsh world for sloths.  I always have a prayer shawl going  LOL and I sit down and puzzle during Jeopardy which we have in the afternoon and every one else has in early evening. Will have my hairdresser come tomorrow to cut my "Covid " hair  LOL  Took me forever but made a batch of blueberry buttermilk cupcakes so we can munch on them.   "but how well you bounce"  So true.

TIG   Interesting courtroom experience.  How long did it take to decide ?

Funny story.  We had to take Lulu to the vet as we cannot cut her nails - we've tried 4 times.  So they had to do a basic exam and they took all her shelter paperwork - Said she was in good health and her weight was 8 lbs  She was 6.8lbs when we got her.  Tim warned the vet initially that she would very fast jump out of the cage so she made sure the doors were closed. So what did she do - calmly laid there and vet picked her up .  No noise from Lulu a completely different cat.  She laid there quietly while the vet cut her nails - No squirming or anything.  Tim could not believe it LOLOL  We have a Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde cate  LOL

Chicagoland

baziunc

« Reply #1451 on: February 09, 2023, 01:55:47 PM »

Hi to All the Beakers!  :)

I hope you have a good one!!   :D

baziunc

« Reply #1452 on: February 09, 2023, 01:59:29 PM »

Tsk, LOLOLOL on your Lulu at the vet story!!!   :D :D :D  Gotta love it! And Lulu!  :-*  Ohhhh.... your blueberry buttermilk muffins sound DIVINE!!! yummmm!

Puff

« Reply #1453 on: February 09, 2023, 02:18:04 PM »

Ashley was the same way tsk  Sometimes took me 2-3 hours to outplan and outsmart her into the carrier - changed to the other persona once she had the vet with us.  They just have a certainbody scent/aura.

Here's an aside.  In rounding up Ton's closet I now know one of her preciously secret hiding places.  In the closet, behind his long robe, with on of those slotted shoe storage box all the way at the wall.  Box and robe coated with hair.

P   

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #1454 on: February 09, 2023, 02:32:41 PM »

some bounce

TSK - not sure, I think at least 10 days...

Well... picked up groceries and then raked some more seed hulls from the snow banks under the feeders.
Our car won't be ready for pick up until some time tomorrow afternoon. We have uncertain plans for midday. Will see how it all plays out.

Have a good evening everyone.
Prayers for earthquake victims' families
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)