Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1006457 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #1380 on: February 07, 2023, 08:06:35 AM »

a late May pic from last year of area...hosta, lilies of all kinds, iris, geranium, forsythia, roses, hydrangea, and goats beard is what I can see from here....early in the season. And, probably more plants I forgot. ;)

I don't think I'll really be able to tell the difference on my plants till this season...in other words, we shall see.
More concerning to me at this point is how hot will the house get?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 08:08:18 AM by kbshcb »

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #1381 on: February 07, 2023, 08:48:26 AM »

bounce
Rats. S.I.L. tested positive a couple days after we had dinner with them. We seem fine so far. Time to mask up.  :-X
TSK... our biggest contributor to our shredding bin is our tax receipts from 7 yrs. ago. ... so we never get more than a paper bag full that goes to our credit union drop off annually. No more shredding here after our last machine "died".
Inventory and relocate medicines and supplements, and some house cleaning.... an exciting day on tap. LOL.
TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #1382 on: February 07, 2023, 08:48:36 AM »

Lani - Safe travels for Mike.  Nice that Aly works only 10 min away.

Phyl - So sad about the eggs at Sauces - wishing the best for the 3rd egg.

Clynn - Like the pic at NEFL nest  :)  Beautiful pic of Decorah North BEs  ;D

Kb - Love your Jay in the UK!  Okay, I understand about your situation with the shade tree gone now. :-[   You have a beautiful yard.

Tsk - Look like a new paper shredder will be needed  ;)

Beakers have a nice day  :)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1383 on: February 07, 2023, 09:16:37 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

February 7, 2023: News and NestFlix

https://www.raptorresource.org/2023/02/07/29250/

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1384 on: February 07, 2023, 09:34:21 AM »

Clynn really like your coffee cups;   tks for NEFL update-luv your photo; tks for Sue's photo of The Norths

KB to your many talents---you can add poet.  Very nice photo of the British Jay;  wishing you lots of success with your yard

Tig haven't you had CoVid---been up dated on your vaccs?

Lani so nice in all respects that Aly is only 10 mins from you/Mike; Some how I missed that Mike's on a business trip-St. Christopher be with him and all.

Tsk got my 'shredding' completed by Dec.30, 2022; the tax docs all pouched and waiting; PC room closet, I'm not tossing the huge Rubbermaid tub of momentos
from my parents--nope.  LOL    Maggie says 'Meow' to Lulu.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

Sauces bald eagle cam

LisaG1967

« Reply #1386 on: February 07, 2023, 09:52:28 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

tsk - That is a great idea for the stump, too. 

kb - Yuck on the freezing rain/sleet.  Beautiful yard!

Phyl - Good doggie shames. Awww, so sorry about egg#2 at Sauces. 

E4E:D

Lani - Safe travels for Mike. 

clynn - Great pics from NEFL and DNN!

tig - Oh no, hope it skips you all!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1387 on: February 07, 2023, 11:20:47 AM »

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

Lisa, I hope you were able to find Bandit's fab food.  :)

Tsk, Aly hasn't decided yet. She will have a weekend visit to Medford the first weekend in March. We're sad about it, but happy for her future.

Clynn, LOL! You've been busy and can't keep up with it all.... Aly is considering working in Medford Ore. for a family therapy group, she hasn't moved yet... They were interested in her when Aly was looking for a place to work as an Intern to complete her masters. The Medford Therapist contacted her again this past January and said they have an opening starting March. Aly is very interested. Now, we're just waiting to see what Aly decides. She hasn't announced it to her current place of work and doesn't plan to until she visits Medford possibly the first weekend in March. Right now, she's busy getting state licenses for Arizona, New Mexico and then Oregon.

Kb, cute bird, sorry about too much sun.

Phyl, sad for Sauces family. I hope she can lay another egg.... Thanks for Amy's blog... thanks for bees info  ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1388 on: February 07, 2023, 11:24:22 AM »

KB   You will probably need to give it a year to see what does well and what doesn't. The patient gardener  ;) ;)  You may not notice too much with your house.  Time will tell.

TIG   Think you need to wait 7 days to test??  Is SIL having symptoms?   Re shredding.  I'm so leery of handing over product to be shredded to strangers... :-\

EAGLES  He already went out and got one - much bigger bin so can empty once a year  LOL

PHYL   Thanks for Amy's blog - Time is getting close.  Love your AM pic  ;D   Enjoyed the piece on "bees knees"  Liked the labeled pic.  Thought the sternum would be farther up.

LISA   Like your AM pic  :)

LANI   E- Zone  LOL  Smart idea for Aly to actually see the place and talk with some folks there before deciding.
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #1389 on: February 07, 2023, 11:44:35 AM »

bounce

No... we have not had Covid. Yes, we are up to date on boosters. Awaiting new guidelines for 2023 per CDC.

8)
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #1390 on: February 07, 2023, 12:22:16 PM »

Went out to the driveway to chop ice covering it so took a few pics of damage when done.

Oh and I have a new lake at the end of my driveway...Lake KB!

Still can't get to my garbage cans which was my intention....in the shade still...will have to wait till late afternoon.

A few pics: 4 broken rose bushes, and lots and lots of sawdust...esp on the grass/street side.

kbshcb

« Reply #1391 on: February 07, 2023, 12:24:21 PM »

Tig - hope you stay negative.

Weird I guess, and knock on wood...I know of no one personally that has gotten Covid, myself, friends, and family....again knock on wood.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #1392 on: February 07, 2023, 01:29:12 PM »

KB... hopefully the roses will grow back??? Our lilac was damaged again this year from snow coming off the roof. Am considering some other plant. Hmmm...

kbshcb

« Reply #1393 on: February 07, 2023, 01:32:57 PM »

KB... hopefully the roses will grow back??? Our lilac was damaged again this year from snow coming off the roof. Am considering some other plant. Hmmm...

They should, but slowly...if at all...they are so damaged.

I think there will be a lot of damage to plants this year, whether or not from roof snow fall,  my tree removal, but just from all the combination of snow and ice.

I am concerned about my front yard yew, my backyard juniper, and a 20 foot row of japanese yew in back.
Probably much more...

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #1394 on: February 07, 2023, 01:47:27 PM »

Hi Beakers!!   :)

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center