Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1007573 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #1365 on: February 06, 2023, 06:08:55 PM »

Kb - Doesn't that one stump on the right remind you of Devil's Tower??  LOL

Phyl - Great pics!

Have a good night, everyone!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1366 on: February 06, 2023, 06:25:44 PM »

I must have forgotten to post  around noon today  LOL

LANI   Cute AM pic  ;D 

TIG   Day is always good when you can see an eagle  ;)

OLDGUY   Saw that "coworker" the other day.  That  was so funny  Hey thanks for the news about Santi being OK.   So cute the moose and the sprinkler.  Mama is HUGE.

BAZI   I think that number is over 3,000 now.  Just terrible  :'(

KB   Just photograph and make note of all the damage.

PHYL   You get a lot of different birds in your yard.  Lucky you  :)   I do believe Sauces got a new camera.  Very clear now.

LISA   Those are great ideas for KB  Beautiful!  I'd put a pot on the stump that has a something in the arrangement that trails down the stump - ivy?

Took all morning and part of the afternoon to finish the shredding.  With about 20 more pieces of paper the shredder died...Used the old fashion way and scissored them to pieces  LOL Check that off the list.

Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #1367 on: February 06, 2023, 07:22:43 PM »

Kb - Doesn't that one stump on the right remind you of Devil's Tower??  LOL

Phyl - Great pics!

Have a good night, everyone!

Good one. hadn't thought of it until you said it and it certainly does!

Have had freezing rain/sleet since around 3pm....uuff it's slick out there on all surface.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1368 on: February 06, 2023, 07:23:33 PM »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1369 on: February 06, 2023, 07:27:17 PM »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1370 on: February 06, 2023, 07:30:14 PM »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1371 on: February 06, 2023, 07:31:51 PM »

Good Evening and SEDs...

Sauces bald eagle cam

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #1372 on: February 06, 2023, 09:48:21 PM »

Kb - How did it go today with the tree removals?  Okay - looking at the picture now.  That will be nice to have more sun later on in the season! ;D

Lani - How was your weather temp today?  Is Mike having to travel out for work this week?

Tig - Sounds like a nice trip to the Y this morning. :)  Awesome to see a BE!

Oldguy - Thanks for all links!  Watched all of twin baby moose and their Mom enjoying water sprinkler - so cute!!!!

LisaG - Like your nice suggestions to Kb with the stump - good pics!

Phyl - Nice Sauces pic and like the Decorah North pic.

Tig - Well, at least your got your shredding done! ;)   Do you think your shredder just needed to cool, or is it Done?

Everyone have a good night.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1373 on: February 06, 2023, 11:33:11 PM »

Clynn, there's no shortage of Valentine's Day candy here either. But, finding brown eggs is difficult.

Phyl, pretty cardinals....

Eagles, we didn't get any snow or rain over our area, but it snowed over Aly's office for an hour. She's just 10 minutes away from home.  ???
Mike's leaving in the morning for Gila Bend. He'll be back on Friday.

Oldguy, that's great news about Walter, family and pets.

Tig, I've only seen an eagle flyover maybe three times in my life. You are so lucky.  ;D

Baz, terrible news.

Kb, Tsk's suggestion is a good one, photograph, take notes and let them know. You'll make the area special, like the rest of your garden.

Tsk, well at least you got most of your shredding done.  Did your shredder just need to cool down? Or is it done.

Lisa, nice ideas for the stump....

Phyl, cute pet shames.... nice DN pics.

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Pink,Clynn, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Eagle's Kris, Lori and her grandma Clute, Puff, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Pink's mother, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Tim, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Clynn's friend Kay, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Eagle's Kris, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For SWFL Harriet and nest, NEFL Samson and Gabriella, Black Bear Ted, Lucy, Reggae, Taffy Apple, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, Eagles's Star, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  Juliet and Romeo, Lucy and Larry, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #1374 on: February 07, 2023, 06:15:52 AM »

Hey  Everyone !

44 F  cloudy .  High of 66 F partly sunny .  Evening/night 50F with scattered showers.

Everyone who commented on my snaps of the nests and my 'our backyard wildlife' posts---Thank you!

Hi Lilbro

Hi Karen, Pink, bbgolden and Nrstooge

Lani your dog AM greetings--too much; I'd rather have the eggs in plenty vs the candy

Tsk I think they did get a new cam as it had been down for some time for 'repairs'

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1375 on: February 07, 2023, 06:40:05 AM »

Sauces Bald Eagles - Channel Islands
Feb 7, 2023 6:19 AM
Camera Time: Feb 7, 2023 4:18 AM PST

2nd egglet gone

this from, Janntonne Mod
9 hours ago edited
Sauces Canyon Nest Territory, Santa Cruz Island, California 2023 Season

The 2023 Sauces Canyon nesting pair consists of Male A-40 (Jak) and Female A-48 (Audacity). They have been together on this nest since 2014.
The nest is located at the top of a 40-foot Monterey Cypress tree.

Male: A-40 aka Jak, produced by captive eagles at the San Francisco Zoo and released from the South Hacktower on Santa Cruz Island in 2005.
Female: A-48 aka Audacity, produced by Avian Conservation Center at the San Francisco Zoo and released from the North Hacktower on Santa Cruz Island in 2006.

2023 SEASON
2/3: First egg laid around 13:27.
2/6: Egg accidentally broken around 01:54.💔
2/6: Second egg laid around 14:32 - Broke w/in an hour.💔

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1376 on: February 07, 2023, 06:42:20 AM »

Sauces Bald Eagle Cam
Channel Islands
California

'"We have this great video catch from yesterday, posted on IWS Chat by Nighteagle007....wondering if Audacity accidentally poked a hole in the egg when snapping at a fly on the egg. Neither Nighteagle007 nor I are saying that this is what happened, but it made her wonder...and me too! It gives me more hope for egg #3. Shown several times in the video in SloMo and Super SloMo. Take a look and see what you think.'"

https://youtu.be/imHXiGfAxNI

Phyl---
Thin shells, again?
 I'm wondering, 'why' the other eggs laid two years ago were so strong shelled . Then 'suddenly' these last two seasons the shells  were weak.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 06:55:05 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #1377 on: February 07, 2023, 06:56:45 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, 36 right now, high 42 for today! Prayers for the Sauces nest, they have such a hard time. I hope they have another egg...  Oh, those bad dogs!

Lani, another cute dog nose! I read the first part of your post to E4E and thought to myself, 'I didn't know Aly had moved!' Then I read that she works only 10 minutes away!! Weather is weird...

oldguy, thanks for the videos! Still watching! I found this one on the earthquake in Turkey, lots of Twitter short videos of buildings falling...  https://www.bbc.com/news/world-64541194 all very scary. It is awful.

NEFL - Gabby and V3 made a few nestorations in the early evening.

Sue Bruhling - Mr North & his Lady, DNF hanging out together yesterday on the Love Tree ❤ You Know, One of those Pictures... ❤
Thank You! Debbie Botelho for sharing your picture with us! ❤

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #1378 on: February 07, 2023, 07:31:49 AM »

A Jay in the UK....
Haha, that rhymes!
Morning all.

Sheet of ice on composite deck this morning in front...will need the sun to shine today....had intended to walk Ollie...we shall see....heavy clouds at the moment.

ealges4 - I don't want more sun....the tree that came down had a relatively high canopy and was so tall it shaded my roof....so I'm worried how hot it will get inside the house this year.
I have gradually changed my perennial gardens from sun loving to shade loving plants over the last few years....especially as my maple in the center of the garden has gotten so much taller...But that doesn't cover my entire roof with shade..

We here in MN are just starting to think about eggs soon in the DNR nest...new male so we shall see..
Too sad to watch most of the other nests for me...

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1379 on: February 07, 2023, 07:57:42 AM »

HI BEAKERS

39 heading to 45  cloudy all day.

KB  Eagles reminded me in her post that I forgot to mention you may need to change some of your plantings as you  will certainly be getting a lot more sun. I forgot what is planted there.  I see reading on that you answered my question.

LANI  We've had that shredder forever so I think it's time was up. :(   Funny dog nose LOL  Has Aly decided yet on Oregon?  Safe travels for MIke.

PHYL   Love the red cup  ;D   So Sauces will not have babies this year.   Oh I see reading on that they have 3 eggs.  Interesting for such an experienced couple.

CLYNN  Great clip from Debbie of the Norths.

Chicagoland